Create Account

S46 PT #5 - Salary Cap Report

You want to talk egregious. How about Aleister Cain only making 3 million per season? That is some straight up Sean Stevenson Jr. level money right there. How is the best Goalie in the league going to make the same as a 3rd pairing scrub drafted from the bay area? Literally only one starting goalie in the whole league makes less than Cain and that is the guy who plays in Buffalo. How they get someone to play in Buffalo for the least amount of money, I don't know but that is for another person to figure out. My boy Cain is ridiculously underpaid. The first thing we need to do is take some money from Joe K, Kaiser, Eastwood, and Augustus and put it in my boy Cain's pocket. Dude should be making top tier goalie money like that guy in Hamilton with the super high GAA. If he can get 10, Cain can get at LEAST 20.

P.S. Cain if you read this, please don't hold out for 20 mil when your contract is up, they will fire me so quick.

I don't know why, but it won't let me tag the people.

Nat Emerson is most likely due for a pay raise after S47. I'm not saying anything dramatic but three million for a him is bordering on a steal. He is a consistent TPE earner and a quality shutdown defenseman that can police the game when needed. West Kendall has an aging top defenseman, their second best defenseman up for free agency, and three others that are all under 400 TPE with no defensemen currently in the system. Throwing an extra half a million to a million more to Emerson wouldn't be the worse idea to create stability on the back end for the platoon.

West Kendall also has to deal with the looming threat of having 13 players hit free agency next year, nine being forwards. Of those potential losses I think Dayymo Ralchankinov and Mattias Enqvist are due for a big offer. Both of these guys should be somewhere between the 4.5 to 5 million range for being relatively young centers with high TPE scores. With those two extended WKP would have solid center depth that would allow them to hit free agency and add some impact wingers to bolster the offensive core.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Calling out Cameron Carter II of Tampa Bay. 8.6 million for a player that has not yet passed 1000TPE seems steep. Beyond being the highest payed player in the league he fails to meet the expectations that are placed upon him. He is second in goals for his team and a distant 5th place for assists. A player with that high a hit should be easily carrying his team. Many other top players are signing for between 5-6 million and are definitive leaders in point categories. Cameron Carter II should be getting closer to 3-4 million on any other team. 

Someone who definitely has earned his wage is Tibuk Soonik. Tibuk is on pace to be a top end tender and is making reasonable money to ensure he gets to that high level. I think it is fair to say that while he has had a bit of a softmore slump Tibuk is right on pace to be getting top tier ice time and racking up some serious wins over in Chicago

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Mike The Augment Izzy, was paid 4,000,000 dollars this season by the Calgary Dragons. The Forward who should be the best in the league, but doesn't have much help from his wingers because the club is in a slight re-tooling phase, was paid almost $3,140/minute on the ice this season should be one of the highest paid players in the game. Izzy just finished his 10th season in the SHL all for the Dragons should be thinking about his future after hockey as he is being severely underpaid in an effort to allow for GM Esa Anrikkanen to try to get the Dragons back to their Dynasty ways. Izzy should be making at least twice as much as he is currently getting paid. Calgary, who had and wasted an extra 1.75 mil this season should be looking to pay their star players before they run off looking for more money.

@Mike Izzy @Steelhead77

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

I've been told to check into my own team, the Calgary Dragons budget and see if there is any contracts that stand out as to team friendly. After some deep digging, there is 1 glaring team friendly deal that jump right out to me. This is Mike "The Augment" Izzys contract. There is only 1 year left on his deal at 4,000,000, but his next contract should fix the issue. With his style of play that helps the Dragons on the front line immensely, I feel like he is worth in the region of 7,000,000. A perennial contender for the hits leader league wide while also putting up some impressive numbers. Mike is severely underpaid for his contributions to the team, hovering around a PPG for the last 5 seasons, he is someone that is truely a franchise player and should be paid as such.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

One of my favorite young players in the game today is a really nice guy, Jimmy Slothface, for the New Orleans Specters team. He is super active and that alone is priceless, so there is no reason he should be making just 2 million which really is nothing and does not help to buy training and equipment like at all. That's less than you make in juniors so he could and should ask for more especially as a top 6 pick in the last draft. You have two other guys on his team with less high draft statuses making more than him, so why shouldn't he make the same if not more money? The same goes for a great defenseman from Halifax as well named Perry Morgan playing for the New England Wolfpack team. He takes the same pay as Jimmy Slothface and is another top 10 players so that's really very cheap for his skills. And you have players like Guy Zheng who was drafted after him getting 3 million dollars so you know they can afford it. I think Morgan deserves it the most on his team and should get the first shot at the money.

The problem with answering this task is that I'm the contract that comes into question.  Hot off the press, I've signed a 3 season, 5 million dollar contract with the Winnipeg Jets starting in S47.  There are four active main roster players and four prospects that all need new contracts, but so far I have the second highest contract of S47.  It's a bold play for not having prior SHL experience, but I'm coming off of a hot SMJHL season and I'll have to earn those big bucks.

Obviously Jason Visser and Gary Grease deserve more, but they are the loyal players on the home town discount.  However, I think Ola Wagstrom is the most underpaid on the team.  His performance on the ice needs to turn on a bit more, but it's his off ice performance that boosts his value.  He is a strong presence in the locker room and puts a lot of effort into his season and draft predictions which he shares with the team.  I'm not good with budgets, and Winnipeg still has a lot of signing to do, but if his contract was up I would add at least 2 mil and lock him up for a long time.

@StamkosFan

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Alex Light, a symbol of consistency when it comes to point production, is only earning $5M this season and negotiated down to $4M for 2 seasons to remain with the West Kendall Platoon. It does seem like a strange thing to do to a player who has tied the record for most points for the storied franchise, and who has 9 consecutive 40+ points seasons, including 7 of these with 20 or more goals. With the league staying at a fixed salary cap and Light leading the way alongside Wilson & Schroder for oldest players on the Platoon, have no other choice but to make space for the young players coming up and breathing down their necks. But these old guys are not done yet and have consistently performed above their expectations, even reaching 4 cup finals and winning 2 of those. If anything they should all still be earning $5M+ on their contracts until their performance start to significantly drop due to regression.

(164 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Thankfully there aren't any really egregious salaries that are to be worried about among the Los Angeles Panthers, though I would say that Shouta Aizawa is being paid way too much for what he brings to the table. For starters he scored a paltry 2 goals and 7 points in S46. He is being paid three million dollars for this production and in the end that money would be better suited for some inactive player that may provide a little more or a little less than him. If anything at this point I would pay him 500k, the minimum salary possible for him because he is worth minimum. Honestly he shouldn't even be on an SHL team at all considering he can't play the game to save his life. Can anyone think of anything that he does worthy of an SHL salary at all? At least Sophia Bennett is getting paid the 5 million for a good reason (leading the team in points last season).

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 06:08 PM by raymond3000.)

The Texas Renegades were right up against the seventy million dollar cap in Season 46. Their highest earners were Louie Garrett and Liam O'Callaghan at 6 million apiece. Perhaps Garrett, as the reigning MVP, is a bit underpaid, and O'Callaghan is slightly overpaid, but these salaries are both reasonable. This is a common theme among Texas's contract. Most of their players are paid a fair wage in accordance with their contribution to the team. The one notable exception to this is third pairing defenseman John Grossman Jr., who is getting paid 3 million a season and only put up 8 points and 34 shot blocks. Grossman hasn't done anything in the SHL to warrant that sort of money, with his only claim to fame being a Turd Ferguson win a few seasons back. He should probably be on a league minimum (500k) contract, and just be happy to still be in the league. The Renegades have a lot of free agents this off-season, and will have plenty of room to work with in fitting under the salary cap. Perhaps they can get rid of some depth players such as Grossman and Kennedy, who can easily be replaced by up-and coming prospects.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

[Image: scytA0C.png?1]

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

After coming up just a little short this season for the West Kendall Platoon after a quite impressive run of success in the post-season. @JR95 and @Wongy look forward to the off-season, in re-signing guys, adding in free agents and seeing how their prospect pool develops over the off-season after their season in the SMJHL has concluded or has already concluded. In terms of fowards the most important pieces that needs to be signed is Forsberg and Wong who are expected to re-sign for another year considering both guys are in regression and are looking to bring another cup to the franchise. The defense is locked up for the foreseeable future with West Kendall looking to the draft to possible pick up a defensemen for the future , same with prospect pool as it'll be looking to be adding more in the upcoming draft. As for areas for improvement it's all about what this year's Free Agent Class has to offer for them. West Kendall is definitely a team that can still make a run towards the cup.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

PBE PT 10-4

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]