Create Account

Russian Phenom Mika Kandinsky Looks to Go in First Round of SMJHL Draft

Russian Phenom Mika Kandinsky Looks to Go in First Round of SMJHL Draft

(First article ever, draft related)

Siberia, Russia.  The pride of the land where only the most hardened individuals hail from, Mika Kandinsky comes to North America looking to make a splash to start his SHL career path.  Standing at 6’1” and 220 lbs, he’s a big bodied kid who is already physically gifted enough for the big leagues.  With dreams of making it to the SHL, Mike chose to leave his motherland of Russia behind. 

Mika is a two way centerman who has a great sense of getting to the front of the net and scoring in tight.  He uses his big body to out muscle and out work his opponents night in and night out.  He has the drive and the motor to never quit and to lift his team up when they need it.  As strong as he is in the offensive zone, he is equally as strong in the defensive zone.  Responsible, hardworking and highly skilled, Mika looks to improve his skills and develop into an impactful player who can turn a franchise around.  He has all the tools, but his game is raw and not quite refined to the levels demanding of the SHL.

Looking to the SMJHL as a stepping stone in his development, he can make an immediate impact at the junior level.  Any team would be lucky to have him.  He’s not well known since he comes out of Siberia, Russia.  But, he will be known soon after the draft.  Once the season starts, the other coaches will be looking around wondering how they didn’t pick the kid when they had the chance.  

He carries with him a strong overall game.  There are no glaring holes in his game.  He is balanced in all aspects of the game.  His specialty is finding the twine, however.  He knows how to pick up goals and assists and uses his strong hockey IQ and his quick thinking to setup his teammates or to snipe a shot “top titty”.  He can also plant himself in front of the net for a screen and hunt down rebounds for quick tap ins off the rebound.  He wouldn’t be described as a pure sniper when it comes to goal scoring.  He often works for his goals and has no problem getting into the dirty areas and using his big frame to box guys out and get the loose puck in front.

He is a coach's dream.  He’s coachable and willing to do what it takes to help the team win.  He is not about individual accolades or acknowledgments.  Winning championships is what drives him at the core.  If he can hone in on his skills and take the next step in his development, the sky's the limit on how far he can go in this league.

He was a man against boys in his past league in Russia and is now looking to come across and show that he can be dominate at any level.  When asked about how he feels about his game translating to North American ice, Mika had this to say, “I just want to go out and play my game.  I’m not worried about the difference in the ice.  It’s still the same game, it’s still hockey.  I’m going to go out there and work, play my game, get pucks deep and play the right way.  I can do that on any ice, I don’t care if the ice is square even.”

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Good article!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Solid first article!
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy yourself around here!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]