Create Account

Someone is not happy within Team Sweden

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to this episode of SportsCenter! While the NHL playoffs are currently underway and the Buffalo Stampede our new Champions for season 47 are enjoying the spoils of victory the IIHF is currently underway with all teams looking for a chance at a medal once more.

One such team looking to do better than their previous attempt is Sweden who following Season 46 had a change in its administration a new leader at the Head Office. Team Sweden finished the Round Robin in second place of Group B with a record of 7 wins, 4 losses and one more in overtime for a total of 22 points six shy of group leader Austria.

Team Sweden for the past several seasons has been struggling to put up a team that is able to make it regularly in the gold medal round. We have to rewind back to Season 42 for the last time the team made it to the medal round where they lost 4-3 against Team Canada. Although the results this season are positive for the team as a whole and the team seems pleased to have made it to the Medal Rounds, one of the players is currently unhappy with his situation. Goaltender Sebastien Primeau did not shy away from expressing himself and how he felt about not having played so far during
this season`s tournament.

''I won't hide I'm quite disappointed to not have been playing over the past two tournaments. I'm glad we did well this season, proud even, but I have not transferred from Canada to warm up a bench. I have a lot of respect for Kata Wilde, and she deserves ice time as much as I do however not a single game in front of the net over two seasons? When I was the lead
goalie for the past seasons since I joined the national team? It pisses me off I'm not going to lie.''

When Sebastien was told that management makes it's a decision based on the season's performance he had this to say;

''Kata bested me during the regular season, but I bested her during the playoffs when I faced her during the playoffs. I also have the best save percentage at zero points nine forty and goal against average of the entire playoffs at one dot eighty-five this season and that despite having suffered elimination against New Orleans so I figured that my performance during the post-season would at least grant me one match for team Sweden right? Seems like management and I don't agree when it comes to this. I came here to help the team make it's way back to the Medal Rounds, but I can't do that when I don't play. Makes sense right?''

He also added this;

''Making it to the Medal Rounds felt good even if we once again lost before having a shot at a medal. It was a fantastic match against the United Kingdom you can tell the team gave it their all. What sucks for me is that I have not been able to play and try to help the team make it further than it has. See, when I come here to Sweden it's not only to represent my Country of adoption while enjoying some vacation and visiting my girlfriend's family since they are from here, it's much more than that for me. It's a way to train ahead of the next season but I can't do that if I am not playing now do I? So in a way the team's head office is messing with my training and you can understand that I don't appreciate that at all.''

Asked if he discussed his discontent with the head office, Primeau said that he tried to get in touch with them but was not given a response.

''I asked simply if I would see some ice time and I never got a reply from that, makes me wonder about things you know?''

Asked about what is next for Minnesota's number one net minder:

''We'll see, I might consider other options if such is possible. I already transferred once from Canada but for sure I don't want to play second fiddle when I know I can contribute more than just warming up a bench. If I'm to be benched a third tournament straight I might as well not show up at all.''

Strong words from the best goaltender of the 2019 playoffs at least in terms of stats. What will happen next? No one knows but there is clearly some trouble brewing within the Swedes locker room at this point.

This is a case we will keep an eye out as it develops.

Word Count - 784

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Aurora - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]

F

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

bold!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

04-16-2019, 02:48 PMMike Izzy Wrote: bold!

Bold yes, but it's the truth.

Tonya Harding time

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

04-16-2019, 07:29 PMSlashACM Wrote: Tonya Harding time

And Izzy says I'm bold lol.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 07:42 AM by sarmo.)

Kinda no brainer to play you in the tournament after the way you closed out the regular season and playoffs... don't know what your iihf GM is smoking tbh. Definitely deserve a 2nd transfer though if you're having to sit out with your tpe count smfh

Doubt is a dream killer

Something we tried for one SIM in the WJC was alternating days for goalies. Took a little more SIM line set up work but only like five minutes. And was pretty rewarding for both me and @Fluw .

I'd like to see teams both in the IIHF and SHL take a more nuanced approach to second goalies especially since my s46 class is coming to crowd the space up even more the next few seasons.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 11:56 AM by MrPrime.)

I'm wondering, other than the prospect of being transferred again, if a rule could be voted in to give the backup goalie a number of games during tournaments. You know, like what is done in the SHL? That's something to consider, because I won't lie if I can jump ship in order to evade being benched a third season straight it's going to be a definite possibility for me.