Create Account

St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment

04-23-2019, 02:18 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I think in some cases the vocal minority/non-vocal majority thing can be true, but reading this thread I don't feel like this is one of them.

I am not in the SMJHL GM discord, so I wasn't there to see the draft, but generally HO tags the next team to make their selection. HO would have tagged STL instead of COL in this case and STL would have made the pick. Placing the blame solely on the GMs is a mistake as the blame is really shared between two team's GMs, the user who manages the pick tracker and HO itself for not properly supervising this position. If we take this as an honest mistake by all 4 parties the simplest solution would be to give a future similar pick from STL to COL as compensation. If you feel like punishing the GMs on top of that maybe forfeit a late pick each, but I really do think this was an honest mistake on all parties.

wow i agree ted man. everyone did bad. just give colorado a pick from st louis. no need to punish further. dumb ho

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

04-23-2019, 02:19 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: This would have never happened if we didn't ban formx

Ya we'd be trading anal gappage photos from formx instead

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-23-2019, 02:34 PM.bojo Wrote:
04-23-2019, 02:19 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: This would have never happened if we didn't ban formx

If only... :(

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 02:49 PM by thedangazone.)

04-23-2019, 02:21 PMhhh81 Wrote:
04-23-2019, 02:10 PMBDonini Wrote: The good news for all the people up in arms about how clueless and evil HO is is that they have a chance to do something about it instead of complaining in a hopeless thread.

Unless nobody picks TDZ to fill my position, which I think would be a horrible idea.

I'll say it publicly that i hope a newer user wants to step up and take on a more significant role for HO. I encourage any newer user who wants to get more involved to message me on Discord or on here and I'll answer any questions you have. Just please apply.

EDIT: I've said it a few other places, but I'll add it here. We as HO own part of the responsibility for this mess. It's not solely on GMs or the pick updater, though all those have a part in it, as well. Listening to the feedback from some of you over the last day, I don't think we came up with the best solution to this situation. It is done, and I hope the continuing HO learns and does better in the future. I appreciate the feedback I've seen over the last day, both shared in anger and calm. Thank you.

I can only speak for myself when I say I have tried over my three seasons tied to HO to do well by the league however I could. I don't think we've gotten it right every time, but I believe for the most part we've tried. HO owes the players and GMs in the league more. More accountability, more clarity, more openness to their feedback. Period.

Would be quite he feat since I'm not even interested in the job. But please do just throw my name out there and drag it into this for no coherent reason. I had nothing to do with this decision, have no interest in getting back into HO for the time being (in either of the leagues) and I also really appreciate that it had a negative connotation to me be hired. Why pick me out of a random group of people who haven't applied and don't want the job? Why no pick someone else out?

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

04-23-2019, 02:48 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
04-23-2019, 02:21 PMhhh81 Wrote: Unless nobody picks TDZ to fill my position, which I think would be a horrible idea.

I'll say it publicly that i hope a newer user wants to step up and take on a more significant role for HO. I encourage any newer user who wants to get more involved to message me on Discord or on here and I'll answer any questions you have. Just please apply.

EDIT: I've said it a few other places, but I'll add it here. We as HO own part of the responsibility for this mess. It's not solely on GMs or the pick updater, though all those have a part in it, as well. Listening to the feedback from some of you over the last day, I don't think we came up with the best solution to this situation. It is done, and I hope the continuing HO learns and does better in the future. I appreciate the feedback I've seen over the last day, both shared in anger and calm. Thank you.

I can only speak for myself when I say I have tried over my three seasons tied to HO to do well by the league however I could. I don't think we've gotten it right every time, but I believe for the most part we've tried. HO owes the players and GMs in the league more. More accountability, more clarity, more openness to their feedback. Period.

Would be quite he feat since I'm not even interested in the job. But please do just throw my name out there and drag it into this for no coherent reason. I had nothing to do with this decision, have no interest in getting back into HO for the time being (in either of the leagues) and I also really appreciate that it had a negative connotation to me be hired. Why pick me out of a random group of people who haven't applied and don't want the job? Why no pick someone else out?

Hey

You stink

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

04-23-2019, 03:06 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Hey

You stink

Hey, go record a podcast.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Honestly this situation and the whole management rule is just another thing where the feels like the league are ignored by HO.
Add to that no significant changes to the concerns of the state of SMJHL seems been acknowledged just makes it all seem futile.
Is change being discussed? What's the conclusion? Where's the acknowledgement of the issues being discussed season after season?

I will continue to argue for change I belive would make the league a better and more fun for all the players in SMJHL. Even if it falls on deaf ears.

RETIRED

04-23-2019, 03:06 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
04-23-2019, 02:48 PMTheDangaZone Wrote: Would be quite he feat since I'm not even interested in the job. But please do just throw my name out there and drag it into this for no coherent reason. I had nothing to do with this decision, have no interest in getting back into HO for the time being (in either of the leagues) and I also really appreciate that it had a negative connotation to me be hired. Why pick me out of a random group of people who haven't applied and don't want the job? Why no pick someone else out?

Hey

You stink

Damn I just took a shower too. Well right back in I go

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

04-23-2019, 03:17 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
04-23-2019, 03:06 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: You stink

Damn I just took a shower too. Well right back in I go

More like TheStinkyZone

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Why is this still being talked about? Anyone talking about this is the vocal minority and thus is wrong

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

04-23-2019, 02:34 PM.bojo Wrote:

Wtf, wouldn't have left if I knew I was missing out on that.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-23-2019, 03:27 PMkit Wrote: Why is this still being talked about? Anyone talking about this is the vocal minority and thus is wrong

Shut up vocal minority.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-23-2019, 03:27 PMkit Wrote: Why is this still being talked about? Anyone talking about this is the vocal minority and thus is wrong

fire up the oven

so many tortillas in this thread

04-23-2019, 03:28 PMJNH Wrote:
04-23-2019, 02:34 PM.bojo Wrote: Ya we'd be trading anal gappage photos from formx instead

Wtf, wouldn't have left if I knew I was missing out on that.

You missed out on some great content.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

punish them harder daddy

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother