Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

@Wasty - Could say my simulation hockey career really started when I ended up into LA Panthers years ago, Wasty was the general manager who traded for my rights and rest is history really, learned a lot during the early parts of that LAP journey, that help from Wasty and others made sure I stayed active.

@vbottas17 - Another good guy, a big part of the crew that helped me in the early parts in LA, told me what to do here, we also played together in Team Finland for a long time, so that was cool. The LA Panthers in the 20´s and 30´s was pure fire, both Wasty and Bottas were the users who made things happen and deserve the spots in the Mount Rushmore.

@WannabeFinn - Remember the LAP days fondly, Kekkonen, Ruutu, Bottas - the Finnish crew in LA was dreamy. Wannabe has also done great work as the Team Finlands leader, that fact alone puts him into the Mount Rushmore.

@Ragnar - Brian Morley was a real dime piece, everybody wanted to be like him and some even wanted to be with him, a true LAP legend and a role model. Ragnar as a user was nice as well, I guess. Someone who creates a player like Morley can´t be all bad, he should be on the Mount Rushmore.

Leafs4ever
teztify
Spangle
jkrever

The reason I picked these four for my Simulation Hockey League Mount Rushmore is simple. Without them we don't ever have this league to begin with. I didn't spend a lot of the site's life as an active player but I know those guys did a ton to keep a much smaller and much less easier recruited league stocked and ready to go. This was before send downs in the junior league and while the league was still trying to expand. We still had full NWJHL teams to battle it out every season somehow and then when it became an issue when recruitment slowed down they found ways to keep the NWJHL competitive without hurting the SHL. These guys were your Head office, discipline committee, and the think tank for new ideas. Yes they had help but they consistently showed they wanted what was best for the league by putting the right people in the right roles and eventually it has led to huge expansion and a thriving site heading ever closer to it's 50th season.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 07:39 PM by Lazyeye.)

Well I joined in Season 1, but I'll do it based on when I rejoined the site

@TheDangaZone He was the GM during my time in halifax and is currently my dictator GM in Ireland. I really appreciate that he reached out and signed me since I joined after the draft concluded. He was extremely helpful with all the new stuff I wasn't used to

@King Never Forget. Extremely cool dude who reached out when i rejoined and was instrumental in getting me signed. Super cool when we both got drafted to the pride as well. He was always making the locker room in discord for both halifax and San Fran a lively place. Come back soon bud

@tweedledunn and @Grapehead The two head honchos for San Fran. Always telling me how to do my build so they don't bench me or ship me off. They are really hands on with the rookies helping them transition from the smjhl to the shl and makes the locker room a super fun place to be.

@ViN this guy is aight, he makes some pretty decent sigs but sucks at graphics grading, but we have been on the same team since we both joined. How does silver taste bud?

190 words

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

PBE PT

my username is Shadowz over there

[Image: bclD7fn.png]

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site!

1. Nictox has been a great AGM of the St. Louis Scarecrow, helping to lead the team to 3 cups in a row and he also took a chance on me in the 2nd round of the draft and will always be one of my favorite people on the site.

2. Joe K the owner of NOLA took an expansion team deep into the playoffs only a season after they had their expansion draft. He is a well known member of the website and belongs in the hall of fame for management.

3. Fever is the man with many hall of famers, he could probably field his own team of his own players who are in the hall of fame. He's a crow, what's not to like about the guy??

4. Slash the goalie. On the brink of becoming the best goalie in the SHL and in the history of the SHL. His former team let him goto the expansion draft and Slash was able to make them pay for it big time.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

PBE PT- Kahn

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

@GroupMeIsKindOfOkay Would be the first person that I would put on my Mount Rushmore. The player Chris Partlow was a defender I looked up to as I grew in the league, and his trophy case is something to be heralded when it comes to the defensive position. With four first all-star team selection, 10 Scott Stevens nominations (tied for first among all defenders), 2 Anton Razov nominations, AND three Challenge Cups, the guy is likely the greatest and most dominant defenseman to lace up the skates. Not even mentioning the fact he retired while still a great defenseman, meaning he could have kept going if he wanted to.

@Leafs4ever Is the second person I would add. He is the OG, the original, the founder, and the legend. Without this member, the SHL as we know it would not exist. His contributions have to be acknowledged regardless of the contributions of others.

@JackCross Is the most legendary simmer of the league's history. Whenever people talk about "the simmer", they talk about this guy. He ran both the SHL and SMJHL leagues without complaint, always on time, and with the most professional demeanor and was such an amazing part of the league an award for long-time dedication to the league was named after him.

@.bojo Is final on my list for the Bojo Box, which is probably the most important league resource that the SHL has to this day. It is constantly referenced, used for media and research, and is a major reason the SHL has  ballooned in recent years.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 03:16 AM by Your Mothers Favorite Goalie.)

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

My first guy on my personal Mount Rushmore would be @vbottas17 . He was the guy who helped form my experience with the SHL through the Halifax Raiders. We were able to win a cup together, and it was a ton of fun. I definitely have to put him on that mountain

Next would be @Steelhead77 . He has been a really big part of my enjoyment in the league. Calgary Dragons have been a team like none other i've experienced playing with in sim leagues, and I owe a lot of that experience to Esa.

In that same vein, I would add @Mike Izzy to the list. He has been big with making sure that I stay up to date on stuff and are active with the team, and helped revive my activity!

Next I would put @bozzz . Even though she is gone from the site, I remember in Halifax we used to talk a lot about personal stuff and it really helped me out when I was in a bad place

I'm also gonna add a 5th head for @Eggy216 , because I just found out he has been commish for 2 years. I've been a sim league commish for 8 months and i already wanna jump off a cliff, so mad respect

1 - @JackCross - He was 'before my time' but the fact that our lifetime achievement award here on the SHL is named after his player speaks volumes.  I remember being mind-blown the first time I opened the .zip he left behind one day with all of the indices he summed and seeing he was the guy for both leagues for many, many seasons.  And he produced a Winnipeg Jets legend to boot.

2 - @Leafs4ever - Of course, we can't talk about Jets legends without mentioning the GM of 30 seasons, Leafs.  Not to mention his success as a GM and his work as the long-time commissioner, he has created numerous HOF players and is one of the most respected and intelligent people on the site, and his guidance and direction has been invaluable to the league over the years.

After this it gets really tough and I want to mention at least four or five other names.  I'll pick two today but I could easily change my mind about which two as quickly as tomorrow because there are so many names worthy of consideration.

3 - @Eggy216 - I may hate his ever-changing user names with a fiery passion and be completely surprised he's not Easter Eggy still, but the dude has been the most stable commish the league has had since Leafs' departure from the job.  At one point when times were lean, he was not only commishing but taking on active leadership roles in a couple of departments (such as awards committee while I was there) and made it all work.  Oh, and I guess he was a decent GM too.

4 - @JayWhy - This will be a longer entry so bear with me.  The 'Evolution of JY' - or at least my perception of him - during my time on the site fascinates me.  When I joined, he had already recreated into my draft class after the insanely successful career of Jakub Aittokallio and was the SHL simmer.  There was no denying his dedication to simming and his success building goalies as he went back for a second go with Jason Aittokallio, but he felt so distant, not interacting much with my draft class and appearing standoffish at times when swimming controversies arose.  

In hindsight, I have far more appreciation for JY standing his ground when those issues came up.  And being a rookie mentor when he retired Jason for Jax, I finally got to interact with him more regularly just as he had stepped away from simming to take on the Manhattan GM job, and I can't say enough what a joy it was.

Of course, beyond all of that he goes on the Mt. Rushmore for being a long-time dedicated simmer, creator of several kickass players, and maybe one day we can add wildly successful GM to the list.  Time will tell on that one. 

Guys I'm made I can't fit on there - @.bojo @ArGarBarGar @Steelhead77 @Chris-McZehrl off the top of my head

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

So, SHL Mount Rushmore for me is a bit different than others. Mount Rushmore is something that highlights history in the way of leadership. For that, I am highlighting four leaders.

@Leafs4ever is the obvious first choice. Co-creator of the league, none of us would be here if it weren't for this man. He is far and away the greatest general manager of all time, among the greatest commissioners and the absolute best owner. He may not be perfect, but he's the best there's ever been in the SHL.

@"JJKrever" another co-creator of the SHL. He is responsible for a lot of the early days of the SHL. He was a bit brash, and he left in a time that now could be considered pretty early in the SHL's history but at that time he was beyond influential. He had served the longest ever as the Toronto general manager, was a league owner and was a driving force in a lot of initiatives with media and graphics.

@Spangle was to me the greatest commissioner of all time. Having worked as Manhattan general manager before, he worked his way up into the hierarchy of the league to own the top job. While he made his mistakes along the way, he was somebody who treated the SHL in the way it should be treated -- a fun game meant to bring people together. He didn't like hockey, but he gave his all to a game about it. He drove up activity in general discussion with reviews of movies and music, and was a huge part in the growth of the league in the teen seasons.

@teztify is the last I'll choose. I absolutely love this man. A former general manager, commissioner, owner (confused by this one, but I'll take it). He is a very good friend, somebody who always looked out for the league as a whole and for individuals specifically. He was great at making personal connections, cutting with comments when necessary but very fair as a leader. He ultimately created the Board of Governors, assisted with maintaining the discipline committee and enacting a litany of new rules as the SHL changed drastically in his time, and overall was a driving force in the league's activity today.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 01:01 PM by chetib.)

In an effort to publically shame motivate his troops @Dangles13  has created a monument for his band of outlaws.

@chetib Tibuk Soonika - After a strong burst out of the gate his play has slipped as of late. Tibuk has been pulled a few times lately when they need him to be on top of his game.

@JNH Martijn Westbroek – After participating in in Anaheims first fight of the year it was noted the fight ended in a tie. Outlaws win by whatever means necessary. Any means.

@jaimeac Max Rockatansky – That faceoff % is good, but your PIM is low. Slashing, hacking and slew footing will get your faceoff stats even higher. Take note.

@Thunfish Yoshimitsu McCloud – While your play this year has excellent the team is worried by your Smoke bomb/20 stat. A ninja of your calibre this stat should be much higher. We will try to manufacture better quality so you get better use from your current arsenal

Lets go Outlaws.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

@Steelhead77 Esa is my number one guy I look up to as the type of player and person in the SHL I want to be. He sets the bar at any level his players play at and sets the bar as a GM as well. There's not other choice that I know who could be better.

@sharksisback Sharks is a controversial pick at best, but what I have picked him for is his trash talking ability. This league doesn't even seem interesting to me without some sort of back and forth commentary between players and teams.

@Nobody This guy would be the next step from how I view Esa. He is a great mentor for newer players and personally has kept me interested in the SHL through my short time here so far.

@slothfacekilla This last pick goes to Sloth for showing the people of the SHL what not to do on the ice.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 01:01 PM by chetib.)

Double post

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Head #1:
Head number 1 could have gone to either one of the first 2 choices, but I’m going to go with @Leafs4ever since he stayed the longest. One of the longest standing members of the site to help SHL even start, if the guy who helped start this whole thing doesn’t deserve to be on Mount Rushmore, no one does.

Head #2:
Head number 2 would go to @jkrever. Helping Leafs4Ever start the site, he deserves a lot of recognition in helping the site be what it is today. When the SHL died, he was the one who brought it back from the dead. He may have had the Toronto North Stars curse, but, that’s the price you pay sometimes when you deliver on such an amazing league.

Head #3:
Head number 3 goes to @Spangle. This guy was the head poncho when I first joined the site, he was the guy who was the Gary Bettman. Not a lot of people liked all his decisions, but he did make the right ones. And some of the decisions weren’t even his, but he still took the boos like a champ.

Head #4:
@JackCross was longest standing simmer the SHL has ever had and the one who has made simming a lot easier for everyone who took the job after him. He was reliable and always simmed, even when it wasn’t convenient for him.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal