Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S47)

Currently boasting a .571 winning pct.. The San Fransisco Pride will not make the playoffs.

Against. The Pride are the most awesome team in the SHL, with the coolest mascot, the nicest players and I'm pretty sure Dakota Reid would have my head if I said otherwise; therefore the Pride will qualify to the playoffs due to being gloriously great with sprinkles of awesomeness around the top. Go Pride!

The Best juniors player in the world... Espen Knutsen Jr. of Detroit.

Against. I don't know exactly who is the best Juniors player in the world but I'm going to say it's Mathias Seger of the Outlaws, mostly so I can try to loosen him up the next time I ask for loan, since he's Swiss and therefore is rich.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.
For: This would encourage players to limit their TPE and not become the most dominant player on the team, or cheating. This would be the in-game equivalent to taking steroids, and it's good to see that there is a cap to discourage this.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Code:
Calgary's Otis B. Driftwood could do the unthinkable and win the scoring title as a defenseman.

For. Slappy deserves nice things, the scoring title is a nice thing, enough said. Though I guess not, since I haven't hit twenty-five words yet. Look, it might be improbable, but nothing is impossible, especially not in Simon Land.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Code:
Code:
The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.
Against
I feel the 350 TPE cap is not enough. I get that its the junior league and you want parody in the junior ranks but speaking from experience i feel it's not enough. When i hit the cap i was still earning but it was hard to stay invested because i couldn't see my player grow into the player i wanted to make. 

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

FOR: With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

We're just under halfway through the season, and the New England Wolfpack are currently sitting in a playoff spot by 3 points. Unless they go on an absolute tear, Hamilton are not likely to make playoffs with only 17 points, so realistically the competition is between NEW, CHI, BUF, and TBB for 2 playoff spots. Of those 4, NEW and BUF are the favourites, since BUF are the reigning champs and they haven't lost many players, and even though NEW are icing 5 rookies, 2 of them are on the leaderboard for highest scoring rookies. TBB went on a miracle run last season with Benjamin Blue playing out of his mind, and that's just not happening again this season. CHI is icing quite a few rookies as well, except their rookies aren't quite as good as NEW's. NEW have been in a playoff spot for most of this season, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Code:
Code:
The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

The Kelowna Knights are still the best SMJHL. The knights and STL both have 3 cups. However last year the Knights were the best overall team in the Season. The players for Kelowna are better because looking at the players called up this season 5 Kelowna knights are in the race for best rookie and that shows how great the Knights organization is.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

It's been a long time since S38, the last time the Pride made the playoffs, but so far in S47 it looks like they'll have the chance to end that drought. This is a team with one of the strongest defensive groups in the league, and young players stepping up into big roles, so when you combined that with the excellent coaching they've been getting it gives the Pride the best chance they've had to crack the postseason since their President's Trophy win in S38.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

For. I think the need for balance is critical when it comes to minor league caps on TPE. If you do too little, things are going to get boring. Especially if you're in a league where players get forced up a lot sooner. I EXTREMELY approve of the fact that the SHL will let you bank until whenever. That's a smart move. If you have it too high, players that are just starting out are going to be completely out of the conversations. There should be a clear line between starting out and a veteran, more stronger player in any league - but you have the top dogs being a Doberman (I own one, I'm biased because she's amazing) and the bottom dogs being a Chihuahua, you're gonna be in Schitt's Creek.

DONE.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51.
Against, S51 is a long ways away and STHS is quite unpredictable. On top of that I have confidence that Wasty can continue to build his core up with Jon Toner, Max Mauldin, and Phillip Winter and make the playoffs before then. Other teams will drop off during that time as well.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 09:52 PM by GoonerBear.)

"The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap."

For. The purpose of the SMJHL is development, both for new users getting their legs under them for their first time around and for returning users trying out a new build or even an entirely new position or just having to start over because their old player got too old. Additionally, players who won't get called up for a while, usually goalies, have something to do and games to keep track of while waiting to go up to the major league. The SHL is where all bets should be off for the first time and the big boys should get to roam free and crush whomever. The SMJHL should not be that kind of environment.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Quote:Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51.

Against
When you have a GM like @Wasty at the helm, you aren't going to be basement dwellers long. In this case, they've been retooling and preparing for this for a while if you pay attention. Looking at what they've gotten out of the deals, they're acquiring top prospects or good players who are very young. The majority of their team is already non-regressing, and with 6 active prospects about to make their way up it's going to be no time at all for them to make a push back to the playoffs. The reason Manhattan and San Francisco struggled in their rebuilds for that long was that we had to start from scratch with so much as draft assets even where we had been decimated by poor management prior. Wasty has been planning this, people just haven't been paying attention. He's prepared for a quick turnaround soon.

Quote:With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

Against
New England has finished their season series against Manhattan, so that's going for them, and are one game from finishing theirs with Tampa where they've taken advantage. But they have yet to play a game against Toronto or Chicago, they have 3 more against Buffalo and West Kendall and the majority of the western conference to play. Compare that to say a Hamilton team that is being overlooked who has played mostly against Buffalo, Chicago and Toronto and has been very competitive and close in most of those series. They tied Toronto in goals for and against yet went 1-3, they're 1-2-2 against Chicago having only 2 fewer goals for than against, and they've outscored Buffalo 15-11 and have a 3-2 record there. This is a team that has been unlucky, to say the least. Hamilton is going to be turning it around, just based on puck luck. Meanwhile, Chicago has been making the most of thier opportunities. I don't see Tampa competing for it, but Hamilton and Chicago are going to put a lot of heat on New England.

Ultimately in terms of possession, New England is almost exactly 50% and has played an arguably weaker schedule and benefitted from bounces while Hamilton has a 49.6% BBP% showing they aren't far off and just have been very unlucky against some better competition overall. I fully expect Hamilton to climb back on the back of @DrunkenTeddy and @Narconis and make this a serious fight, plus Chicago isn't exactly a team to scoff at.

My prediction? Hamilton makes it on the last day of the season, New England comes close but just short by no more than 3 points.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

05-03-2019, 11:43 AMRandominoe Wrote:
Code:
The best juniors player in the world... Espen Knutsen Jr. of Detroit.

FOR: Looking at stats alone, by leading the league in goals, Espen is a proven goal scorer besides proclaiming to be a pass-first center. he also maintains his league-leading production while consistently playing a minute less a game than most players that are chasing him, and he averages 4 minutes a night on a league-average Detroit Falcon's penalty kill, which puts him in the top 3 for PK minutes among the top 60 point scorers in the league. Recency bias aside, Espen is coming off a historic game where he scored 4 goals and 2 assists against a Kelowna team that has 11 capped players, the best single-game performance many league members have ever seen. Last but not least, to destroy any counter-argument, Espen does not rely on powerplay points any more than the other league-leaders, and his 4 even strength goals against Kelowna proves his strength during even strength hockey. Espen is making a good case for regular season MVP this season, with many pundits crediting him with lifting Detroit out of the basement this season with his strong two-way game and offensive vision.
Against: The Best juniors player in the world... Espen Knutsen Jr. of Detroit.

Espen is barley the best juniors player on his team let alone in the world. With a decent team around him Espen while a good player, is capitalizing on players like Josh Driver to get him where he needs to be. A good look into this would be Borromini Cannellini, putting up comparable stats last season with a team far worse than Espen is playing on currently. I would look at a player like Matt Kholin, who, while having 3 points less, is tied in goals, and has a 3% better shooting %. And we all know Halifax is shit, so it must be mostly him.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51.

Against, 4 seasons is a long time, like a really really long time, a lot can happen in 4 seasons, im pretty sure a player can hit like 1.2k tpe now a days in 4 seasons. Anyways despite trading some big pieces LA got immense value back and still have some good players. Plus it says aspirations, i don't see why LA can't aspire to make the playoffs before then even if they fail, which i don't think they will.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 12:17 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Currently boasting a .571 winning pct.. The San Fransisco Pride will not make the playoffs.

Against - yeah i think theres only Minnesota in there way of a playoff slot and thats a team that's having a difficult time recreating last seasons big 1st line magic. This may not even be a topic if not for the history of this franchise, but theres no denying that SFP in the playoffs is a big deal! and a good thing for the league.. they have a great logo, great color scheme, coaches who care and as a roster they handle themselves well on the site. But until they do it its going to be a discussion topic.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 12:52 AM by karey.)

Code:
By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.
Against:
I thought so initially, but what Joe K was able to do was create a culture. He found a way to bring players via free agency, whereas Chicago used draft capital on Tez and the Smebs. At first, guaranteeing players via draft seemed like the best move, but considering the quality of talent New Orleans is continually acquiring, they will be the better franchise. Even though I am rooting for Chicago and Velvy to have ultimate success, hats off to the Joe K STL pipeline

Code:
Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51

Most people have this as an Against.
I'm saying for.

I'm playing devils advocate because the talent of SHL is at an all time high, teams are incredibly loaded and it will be difficult for LAP to make the playoffs. With teams eventually boasting 1000 TPE 3rd liners, it wouldnt be far fetched to say starting rebuilding right now is an unfortunately bad time to do it unless LAP were to quickly acquire future assets that are developed