Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S47)
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 11:48 AM by LarksTongue.)

Code:
The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

For: I think the cap is a good idea. However there is still a few solutions to stagnating players: Have a maximum accumulated banked TPE, or a maximum amount of years down in juniors, or even an over ager limit for each team like the CHL. This keeps the SMJHL rosters rotating regularly. And makes them more dependent on rookies.

Code:
The Best juniors player in the world... Espen Knutsen Jr. of Detroit.

Against: This might be one of the harder choices as the cap makes build and line chemistry most important. Personally from playing in the SMJHL I find there are a lot of other players that need to be mentioned which still doesn't encompass other consistent players:
  • Borromini Cannellini (Van)
  • Matt Kholin (Hal)
  • Kristoffer Svensson (Mtl)
  • Gordie Boomhover (Stl)

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Code:

AGAINST

I have nothing against Knutsen Jr., however the reason I don't believe he's the best junior player in the world is simply due to the "randomness" and the dependence on your teammates that comes in the SMJHL. Players will go on to have decent rookie seasons, and break out the next season and then go back to being a middle of the pack player after that. Last season, there was no doubt Boromini Cannellini would have been considered the best junior player in the world, but now that the Whalers have plenty of players at the 350 TPE mark, he's not as dominant as the amount of offensive is divided more. As he isn't at the top of the list, nobody is talking about him anymore.

In a league highly dependent on who your teammates/linemates are, it is hard to claim someone is the best player. For someone to be the best, not only should they make their teammates around them better, but they should also be at the top of their came consistently, season after season. Until I see that from Espen Knutsen Jr. I cannot claim he is the best junior player in the world.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:

AGAINST: Absolutely not. Knutsen is a good player, but they are far from the best juniors player. There are many other candidates, such as Kristoffer Svensson, Marc Hagan, Tony Ford - well, scratch that last one. Either way, there ar eplayers that perform better than Knutsen, and are more team oriented than him

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

05-04-2019, 05:23 AMCarpy48 Wrote:
Code:

Against: The statement itself is very difficult to agree with. Best in the world. What does that even mean? Right now? In general? Ever? I don't think any player stands out so much that you could call him "best in the world". There might be some very good ones and Espen is possibly one of them, but I wouldn't go as far and call him the best in the world. We certainly don't have enough data to support this either. And we don't even know how good someone has to be in order to be defined as "the best". I'm simply against it, because there's no possible way to define this and perhaps I'm also against such a statement in general. One thing I could agree with however, is that he's not the worst player in the world.

BS! I think there is a pretty good way to define it - points. Espen Knutsen Jr. has the most points and therefore as good a case as any for being the top player. Detroit started the year off slow and once Knutsen turned it on, the team has been performing a lot better as a whole - that on-ice leadership is indicative of a player worthy of such a claim. (in reality i don't think he's the best. his numbers are inflated by one crazy fluke game lol. but @Randominoe is my Team Norway Top Homie and I think everyone in this thread has said Against so I gotta go to bat for him here)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Against The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

Nether of the teams has or will surpars Vancouver or Detroit. Detroit and Vancouver have a dynasty going on rn and STL and Kelowna are no where near them.

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon

FOR - West Kendall is on an 11 game winning streak and in each one of them have vastly outshot and dominated their opponents. Their scoring depth of 3 high TPE lines makes them able to outscore opponents in spite of their lack of depth on defense. But hey, to win games you just have to score more than the other team does right?

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

#1 For

They are definitely one of those teams that just no one can get past for some reason the team has a great talent group and they mesh well together. Kelowna while they were good aren't as good as this team you can look at this team as a dynasty.
------------------------------------------------
Code:
Calgary's Otis B. Driftwood could do the unthinkable and win the scoring title as a defenseman.

#2 For

Nothing is impossible or unthinkable. I think he could do it, and if he does more power to him. and I won't be the only one who thinks he can do it.
-------------------------------------------------------
Code:
With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon

#3 BS!

Edmonton has, and always will be the best in the SHL, no matter how you put it Edmonton is the best in the SHL this team is better than any team in the league PERIOD.
--------------------------------------
Code:

#4 Against

I think they can make playoffs the team is just gonna have to dig deep, and get some more TPE in, I think if changes are needed they can do that and they get a cup run going.

-----------------------------------------------------

Code:
The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

#5 For

To keep it fair for new players you have to do something to keep then interested, and up with the other guys chances of making it well in the SHL. You lose Rookies Interest if you have players who just completely knock everyone's socks off with how much they get in training, and stuff like that so it's something that has been addressed well.

----------------------------------------------

Code:
By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.

#6 Against

New Orleans has a team who just came off of a Challenge Cup appearance, I think they will try their hardest to make back to back appearances, but for the better.
--------------------------------------------------
Code:
With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

#7 For

The team just has it all together, in my honest opinion, they will make a deeper than most cup run just because the team looks so good from the 5 rookies. We will just have to wait and see what happens with it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51.

#8 For

I think the team will go into rebuild mode, and focus on bringing in some key great players, and in the end it should make the team a cup contender once again. It should be a fun team to look at when we get past S51.
-----------------------------------------------------

Code:

#9 For

Hands down the best, the guy is such a good player he has partially lead the reason we aren't in last place which is a good thing for us as a team, and I think it could mean his future in SHL looks like some God Tier players.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
The Hamilton Steelhawks 7-13 start should not come as a shock.

#10 Against

Team surprised me I thought they would be better than what they are, but it looks like I was wrong, but hopefully they can come out and bring some insane amount of wins, and insane group trying to get back into a playoff spot later on.

By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.

For, The Chicago Syndicate are very dedicated, arguably have the better prospect core and above all else-- chemistry. They've also got that spooky smeb connection going which has just started to heat up.

Code:
Code:

Strongly Agree: At best New Orleans is a flash in the pan who have managed to capture lighting in a bottle. But lets face facts you can't build a dynasty on a flash in the pan. Chicago is clearly a team who is building which is exactly what an expansion team should be doing. New Orleans needs to pump the breaks and realize their window to win is not now. Lower picks early on is going to doom NO to mediocrity for seasons to come, while Chicago continues to grow into a power house.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 04:39 PM by hhh81.)

Quote:With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

AGAINST

NEW is already slipping back, and are effectively neck-and-neck with the Chicago Syndicate, Both are floating right around .500 of late. Chicago is slightly better at keeping goals out of their net, leading to a better GF/A rate (95.24% v 91.3%). New England has a much hotter powerplay (22.89%, good for 5th, to Chicago's 13th ranked PP) but Chicago is much more stout on the PK (78,69%, 8th in the leage, v 73.42% and 16th). NEW has been slightly better at shot production and suppression, but takes an average of one more penalty per game (6.15 penalty minutes per game v 7.33 minutes per game). They have yet to play each other this season, so those games will go a long way to  deciding the playoff picture.

Last year's darlings, the Tampa Bay Barracuda, have fallen back to rebuilding status and are not a threat, while the wheels fell off for Hamilton, a team that expected to take another step this year.

Quote:With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon

Right now FOR, end of the season AGAINST.

With New England treading the waters of mediocrity, Tampa Bay mired in a perennial rebuild, and Manhattan's early success turning sour lately, everything is lining up for West Kendall to put the bad blood of S46 behind them and running away with the Atlantic Division. Despite mediocre special teams play (8th ranked PP, 11th ranked PK), they are scoring a ridiculous number of even strength goals and controlling the shots for/against game. Beaujeaux Biscuit is back to his goalie voodoo tricks, and the forward depth is scary. But when all is said and done, they won't be the President's Trophy team, let alone the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. That spot will be reclaimed by the dominant Buffalo Stampede, as they look to defend their Challenge Cup title. After a slow start, the Stampede have turned a corner and are winners of four straight and 10/13. The steady, patient management hand in Buffalo has the big green machine rolling again.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

Against 

This is not true and will not happen, Chicago has to many Smebs to not achieve greatness and make the playoffs. Parker, Daniel and Kit are all to good.

[Image: knute.jpg]

Code:

Disagree. Nola has such a good foundation of players for their current team AND the future. Even moreso, if there was an expansion draft they would probably be protected.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Quote:The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

FOR -

The SMJHL's 350 TPE cap is right. It allows first-year rookies to still be able to compete on the third or fourth line without being completely dominated by multi-season SMJHL veterans. It's important for youngsters to have some results and I think raising the cap would demotivate new players if they struggle as a result.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51.

Against.  I was a bit surprised to see all the trades, and figured that the Panthers were probably going full rebuild mode because of it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they made the playoffs sooner than S51.  The sim can be quite random at times, and they still have great players in their organization.  But they also have a lot of experience in their front office, so I think that they'll use the incoming resources well and make the playoffs sooner than S51

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Against: The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

Getting hot at the right time is just as important as anything else, and the Scarecrows have done just that. But I think regular season performance is undervalued - 50 game samples are often a lot more telling of a team's true strength and the reality is that the early S40s Knights were the Laurifier winners twice before winning the championship, displaying full season dominance. St Louis' lack of a regular season title severely hurts their argument for best team ever

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]