Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S47)
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 07:08 PM by nykonax.)

Code:
By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.
For

Well obviously they will. The Syndicate have prime talent defenseman Jules Watt coming up next season, and that will immediately make them the best team in the league, not to mention Velevra's amazing gm skills, and kyl.

Quote:The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

Against. The SMJHL cap should be raised to 450. It'll help reduce randomness of results down in the SMJHL, and it'll give the juniors more to do instead of twiddling their thumbs while they wait to be called up. By the 3rd season, most of them get pretty antsy, so they really need the extra growth to keep them interested.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

For: With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon

After finally getting these 2 studs on the team, the West Kendall Platoon have been undefeated. With players on the 3rd forward line that could easily crack the first line on a lot of teams, there is no reason to not think this is not the best team in the league. It looks like it on paper and it has shown on the ice.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.

Against. The Specters are one of the top teams in the SHL in terms of TPE, and while their big names (Kurczewski, Fletcher, Augustus) are all in regression, their high TPE totals will keep the relevant for a few more seasons. Additonally, they have a solid core of players just entering their prime such as Smyth, Physt and Cain. The Syndicate, led by the Smebs, have a solid foundation of young players, but they will not develop quickly enough to surpass in Specters in just two seasons.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

FOR: With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

When it comes to hockey, nothing seems to matter more than depth, grit, and trust amongst your teammates and coaches. New England realized they had the top pieces locked in but needed that Young blood to give the team a much needed boost to finally lock itself in to playoff contention. With the 3rd line firing on all 4 cylinders strapped with a mega turbo, it's no surprise that scoring is trickling in even though many would be quick to laugh. With the locker room being alive and well and the rookies following under the guidance of their fearless leaders and never missing a training camp, it will be a matter of time until everyone will want their hands on a wolfy boiz sweater.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

For: I enjoy the 350 TPE cap because it allows for rookies to enter the league in a somewhat competitive state and keep them interested in the league, which is the sole purpose of the SMJHL. Rookies coming in facing 4th season SMJHLers, or even capped 2nd season SMJHLers, will have nearly no chance of performing well, which will cause them to become uninterested in the league and become inactive. With the sole intention of attracting and retaining rookies for the site, I think the 350 cap is just right.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40s

Against
No way Jose. Kelowna is incredible. The unfortunate G7 loss to ST Louis in the championship series does nothing to change that. They have drafted well and done an exceptional job signing free agents. 

[Image: 1542603263658.png]

For: I imagine people have already said this, but for people who have the best intentions to get active in the league after joining but then for whatever reason can't be as active as others, the cap allows for them to catch up in juniors and make an impact on the team. It also allows people to put up big points in scoring when their build might not be as great, another reason to keep them excited about the league and learn what to do when they can unbank and not have their build messed up for a while unless they want to pay for redistribution. For people saying it gets boring to just bank TPE, the incentive to do so is that the more you do, the more likely it is you'll get called up sooner than others. Also, regression is a thing, so you want to have as much TPE as possible at all times, so that should be your incentive to stay active if you want yo make a difference for longer on your SHL team. You'll be there soon enough, so just chill and be happy to see your TPE soar in its comfy bank. Or don't, w/e. My not so hot take.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 02:14 AM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
I disagree completely, you can hit the 350 cap easily after one season as a max earner and from there, you can’t grow your player at all. You’re forced to either stop developing or go up to the SHL, more than likely performing poorly and receiving minimal minutes. SMJHL is more of a minors than a juniors league, so it should have a maximum of more like 500 TPE at the least; I would support a 700 TPE cap, allowing more build variety and sophomore members to continue to grow. I think making a change to the cap would help member retention too by not making players feel like they’re accomplishing nothing by earning

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

> The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap

Against. As someone who is currently waiting for the callup, there really isn't much of an incentive when I'm just writing "Banked TPE (yadayada -> yadayada)" every week. Is it better for balance reasons? idk, I'm not a sim guy. Is it better for my experience on the site, just having a bunch of TPE gathering dust? I sure as hell ain't having fun.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Code:
With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.
FOR

While it's unlikely the Wolfpack will make any form of deep run in the playoffs, the core group (which is largely made up of these rookies) are playing extremely well together and are constantly improving.

Code:
AGAINST

This is a hotly contested topic, but personally I think the way the league is currently setup it can get dreary on send downs who get drafted to already deep teams. An alternative needs to be in place to allow these players to develop their player instead of banking TPE for a potential of 3 or 4 seasons. 

Code:
With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon
FOR

WKP's dynasty over recent years has been ultra-impressive and the play-offs didn't feel right without them. The acquisitions have returned WKP to their glory which has been absolutely proven with a whole 9 game winning streak. They have team to go back to their cup winning ways without a doubt.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Yes. 

Because I don't think the cap is the problem. Raising the cap won't solve anything, if anything a new structures like earlier regression, higher amount of TPE to start with and a cap on all SHL players would help. 

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

I agree, but have a suggestion for it. Allow 1 or 2 'all stars that can go over the cap. This will A.) Force teams to distribute talent and B.) Allow players to take a step up before going into the majors. It could go on a scale, like by game 25 if you are in last place you can gain 1 more allstar. The allowance should be no more than maybe 50 tpe or so, to prevent an allstar from going full blown Gretzky.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

For, I do not see what the problem is with the TPE Cap. This is to keep the league as fair as possible instead of a disadvantage for others who are not TPE whores. Compared from the player playing his 4th season to a rookie which is completely unfair. If you do not agree, suck my nuts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

For - 350 TPE Cap in Juniors

I think it's fair to keep Juniors restricted to 350 TPE. The best and most active plays will be called up sooner than the slower ones anyway but this rule prevents Junior teams from being too stacked while others lag behind.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]