Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)

Code:
Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

You have to believe that it is Parker Smeb's time to shine in Chicago. He showed great scoring prowess and has been one of the hardest working players in his draft status while garnering little publicity or acknowledgment. I think these playoffs could be a coming out party for Parker and the league will take notice.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-17-2019, 09:45 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-17-2019, 09:30 AMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

I think there is an obvious managerial match up in the series involving the Rage. It is pretty ridiculous to completely ignore the fact a former simmer is their GM. He obviously will know all the tricks of the trade.

true but velevra was a simmer as well for the IIHF.
JY has had more "simmer duties" due to the SHL seasons being longer. Larger sample size? Maybe.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

05-17-2019, 09:48 PMJNH Wrote:
Code:
Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

You have to believe that it is Parker Smeb's time to shine in Chicago.  He showed great scoring prowess and has been one of the hardest working players in his draft status while garnering little publicity or acknowledgment.  I think these playoffs could be a coming out party for Parker and the league will take notice.
For a second, I thought gorlab was back

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

I've got two that I'd actually like to acquire if I was a jersey collector.
The first is a Chicago Syndicate Luke Atmey jersey for the obvious reason HE IS the Syndicate. The straw that stirs the drink in Chitown. The best player on the roster and a player with a long established career of great accomplishments.
The second is S.F. Pride's Goku Muerto he's a true hard nosed two way center who's only going to get better if this team gives him the surrounding pieces.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

Code:
If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

If I were to buy a jersey with one of the named series/teams, it would likely have to be Luke Atmey. Looking at the results and the end of the day statistics, it's pretty clear that he's the best player on the team and potentially in these matchups. He carried his team for a good portion of the season and his statistics lead the way in the series. yeah

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Chicago definitely has an edge in net. Jay Bae has consistently been one of the tendies in the league over the past couple seasons, and has been shutting down the opposition for Chicago all season. Also this Billy Sorokin seems interesting, wonder what's up with that guy.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

Alex Winters is a player that needs to step up in order for the Manhattan Rage to feast against the Chicago Syndicate. He had an extremely down year by his standards and after a lot of harsh criticism from the fans, a great playoff would go a long way to rectify some of those questions.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Code:
What player are you worried about in there series and why?

The babyfaced rookie Chuck Crutchfield on Texas...He is so pretty and I would hate for something to happen to him out there. He is a young dude and the playoffs are crazy so I hope he handles himself well.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

05-17-2019, 09:37 PMBadWolf Wrote:
05-17-2019, 09:25 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

The Manhattan Rage. I don't know what the team's jerseys are, but their aesthetics must be awesome (I am not being held captive to write this for them nor am I sponsored by them). Whatever the aesthetics, I'd just like to see the team play with their jerseys in this universe. It would be epic to watch, that's for sure. Even if they lose, the sight will be worth it.
Hmmm awfully sus. You sure your not being held captive?

No, no, no, *terrified voice* not at all! Hahaha... *still terrified* Ahahahahaha... I'm fine, honestly! I'm not being held captive! *gasp* No, no! Don't say anything about this. Tell him I'm fine!

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

What player are you worried about in there series and why?

The player from Texas who the Pride really need to worry about is Louie Garrett. He is one of the premier scorers in the league and is by far the best player for the Renegades. He is also better than any forward for San Francisco. If he can produce in the playoffs the way he did during the regular season, it will give Texas a huge advantage.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

Yes! I believe that San Francisco Pride has an andvantage over Texas Renegades. I don't know who the GM of texas is but I know @tweedledunn has an amazingly beautiful beard and that sure can throw of the opposing management and be a huge advantage in this series. pride

[Image: knute.jpg]

Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

I've never been to the US before so I'd love to have Tickets for either New York or San Francisco. And then connect it with a nice road trip along the East or West Coast. 

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

05-17-2019, 03:03 PMBadWolf Wrote: *Mika Mayfield withholds any comments about the Manhattan Rage*

This is cause you love and miss us and it's too painful to consider their future without Mika?

Or cause you feel spurred and secretly hate us?

Cry

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

05-18-2019, 01:22 AM39alaska39 Wrote: Alex Winters is a player that needs to step up in order for the Manhattan Rage to feast against the Chicago Syndicate. He had an extremely down year by his standards and after a lot of harsh criticism from the fans, a great playoff would go a long way to rectify some of those questions.

Hot take, Winters has been used as a fall guy for Manhattan's poorer than expected form but hasn't actually been that poor.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

05-18-2019, 02:45 AMAson94 Wrote: Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

Yes! I believe that San Francisco Pride has an andvantage over Texas Renegades. I don't know who the GM of texas is but I know @tweedledunn has an amazingly beautiful beard and that sure can throw of the opposing management and be a huge advantage in this series. pride

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]