Create Account

S47 PT #5 - Cover Athlete

For me, the clear cut candidate is our main wolfy boi @Ace aka Tigole bitties. Not only is this man a New England legend, he is also one of the highest TPE earners in SHL history.. and he plays on the blue line. As we all know, the forwards are usually the stars of the show and usually end up on these covers but I say FUCK that, and keep the youth inspired to play the critical role of defenseman. If we throw another top scorer on the front, all this will do is make every squirt youth hockey player out there only want to dangle for days and not play the game like you're supposed to. we've all seen the shit show of 10 kids chasing the puck no matter where it is on the ice, and we need to prevent this from continuing. What better way to do that than inspiring the kids to be the resilient warriors on the team, and who better to showcase than our man Tigole Bitties. The answer is no one is better, so that's why we need to slap him on the cover of this seasons cover. Plus I may or may not be mutually invested in the New England wolfpack ticket and merchandise sales but I swear that is besides the point. Make youth hockey great again

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

[Image: W6pqIo3.png]
Barry is lighting it up in the playoffs so far and even though he might be called up to the big league next season, I think he deserves this.  Knights Knights Knights
@Katth

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

The cover athlete should absolutely be Jason Visser @ToeDragon84. He had an amazing bounce back season scoring 25 goals and netting 58 points. He's been a top scorer in the league for many many seasons and is always a possibility when it comes to winning awards. Last season he only had 39 points, but he was consistently around a point per game the last few seasons before that and in S43 he dominated the league. He is definitely a big name player who will be getting closer to retirement as time goes on and I think it would be great for the game to honor him. At 1600 tpe he is not exactly right at retirement, but he is slowly getting closer to considering it. I suspect we will see him still playing at the top of his game for another 2-3 seasons before dropping off at all.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 04:16 PM by jRuutu.)

Brady McIntyre is my pick to be the cover athlete. Brady has been dominant force on the Blizzard blueline all season again, he has been elite defender for years, but somehow he managed to find a way to improve and results have been impressive! 50 games and 51 points, 12 + 39 as a defender is a disgusting total, even more so when you hear the following fact - Brady had the most points in Edmonton!

One of the key reasons behind McIntyre success in terms of getting more points than last year was the move of Ensio ´Human backpack´ Kalju into the first pairing and Connor Tanner moving next to Brady, Tanner - McIntyre was the best defensive pair in the league, McIntyre was and is the brains of that pair while Tanner tried to keep up and keep up he did.

What makes McIntyre more than just a offensively talented defender is his physicality, a whopping 127 hits is a solid number and only shows how important Brady has been for Edmonton this year - a true MVP.

@caltroit_red_flames

Who better to feature on the cover of the next SHL video game than @Blastmeaway DeMarcius Smyth? He leads the league not only in points, with an impressive 62, but also in goals with 28, and the top-notch sniper has been a large part of New Orleans continuing success this year. As a guy just coming into his prime, he deserves recognition for his accomplishments; it's been a breakout year for him. Smyth has been such a positive force for the Specters and has grown increasingly popular with the fans; choosing him to feature on the game cover would delight the fans of the fledgling organization, who have flourished in their first two seasons in the league. He had a respectable 44 points in the previous season, but he rocketed to the top of the SHL scoring leaderboard this year out of left field. His name had not been widely tossed around in fantasy circles before this year, but it certainly will be now; this sniper who is coming of age would be an excellent choice to be the face of the gaming franchise.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 04:45 PM by Jenny.)

Jimmy Slothface is the obvious choice for the cover athlete of EA's new SMJHL video game because who doesn't want to be represented by the face of a sloth? Not only is Jimmy a sloth, but he's the hottest sloth to ever wear skates and skate around scoring goals and shit.

In all seriousness, Jimmy is the kind of elite talent that can't be contained to just one team - the Vancouver Whalers acquired him at a hell of a price at the trade deadline because they recognized the sheer power behind Jimmy's hockey skills and knew it would give them the extra edge they're looking for in the run for the Four Star Cup. In addition, not only is Jimmy a great hockey player, but he's also an invaluable asset to locker room morale. He's an upstanding member of the SHL community and widely known as the most sportsmanlike player in the league for good reason, which makes him the ideal person to represent what the SMJHL is all about.

@slothfacekilla xoxo

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

[Image: VIQoTEP.png]

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 07:42 PM by JRed94.)

177 words

Without a doubt, the next Simulation Hockey League cover athlete should be the Chicago Syndicate's Luke Atmey. Even if you were to put aside entirely his legendary career and focus solely on Season 47 he still merits cover status. With over a point a game--24 goals and 34 assists in 50 games--Luke Atmey put his young team on his back and lead them to making the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Moreover, defying laws of time and nature, Luke Atmey has seemed to have found another gear in these playoffs. With albeit a small sample size, Luke Atmey has nevertheless increased his already torrid point-scoring pace. With 5 goals and 3 assists in only 3 games, Luke Atmey performances have been the main contributor to the Chicago Syndicate's somewhat surprising playoff success thus far. Luke Atmey has fans young and old and continues to gather more by the day as his bandwagon grows. EA sports would be silly to pass up on a such a marketing gift. Also those Syndicate jerseys would look nice

[Image: ypSBxUo.jpg]

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

The cover athlete is easily defenseman Kristaps Ball of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Because? Because he is the absolute best. The best at what? Nothing besides being the best at being the best. In all seriousness now though, the cover athlete should be Flacko Lagerfield of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. He has carried the team while it has been going through the rebuild, helping carry the offense. He has supplied the team with tons of goals and assists. He is going to have a great future and when the rebuild is over, it would be hard to imagine he doesn't lead the team to a cup. The cover athlete is meant to showcase talent to help promote both the league and the player, to help promote and get more popular superstar players. It would be great to promote Lagerfield as he is young and already one of the best players in the league on my opinion, and helping promote him would be great as he plays in a smaller market in Tampa Bay. So, the cover athlete should be Flacko Lagerfield for his superstar potential and to help promote younger superstars.

@JSS

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

[Image: 2rw3plz.jpg]

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Although I am still relatively new to the SHL, my pick would be @Daco Casimir Stevens because he's one of the few players in the league that I know. A true inspiration, Stevens always gives it the best he can, and is an inspiration for me as I look up to him, being far more experienced than I am. I'd be honored to add him to the cover of the SHL Season 48 video game cover. Although not the most well-known player, I am sure that his appearance on the cover will inspire more people to look up to him and use him as a role model for their own teams, whether in the SHL or in the random pond hockey beer league team. I'd even let him share the space with someone else if he wanted to. I would be kind enough to allow it.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

My vote is Otis B. Driftwood @Slappydoodle for the latest edition of the SHL video game, SHL 48 presented by EA, only on the PlayStation 4. The man had a breakout season, leading the SHL in assists and finishing second in scoring behind center-turned-defender TIgole Bitties. Each year the Calgary Dragons defender has gotten better offensively, highlighted by his 16-point spike this year. Everything went perfectly for him this year, so I think EA should give him a shot and showcase a smooth skating, pass first defender who does a little bit of everything. These sorts of players don’t get highlighted very often. EA has the chance to change that right here and send a message that you can be highlighted for excellence without being a big goal scorer like Sophia Bennett, Luke Atmey, or DeMaricus Smyth.

For the SMJHL, the answer is clear as day. It should be Lethbridge Lions goalie and star San Francisco Pride backup Patrice Nadeau @Fluw . Nadeau has put up INHUMAN numbers over the last two seasons in the SMJHL, and deserves to be celebrated whenever and wherever possible. He is a brick wall, and before long will be the new star for the Pride (rather than the league’s most exciting sometimes backup).

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Its pretty easy to choose the cover athlete, it would be Louie Garret, @dizzyDC he has been one of the most consistant players in the league, getting over a PPG for the past 5 seasons he has been a staple of both Texas and Seattle as their premiere player. As someone who is a leader on and off the ice he has shown that he can be on the cover of the video game. As the captain of Texas, as well into a good playoff run he is a great ambassador for the SHL growing. If you see him on the cover of the page its easy to see why everyone in the world would buy that game.

For the SMJHL the cover would be Borromini Cannaleni, as he has been a dominant force of hte past couple seasons in the SMJHL. Being the goals and points leaders the past 2 seasons its hard to imagine him not being on the cover.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]