Create Account

Calgary GM Statement

Statement about the recent logo unveiling:

I wanted to take a few days to get my thoughts together and respond accordingly with a clear head.

Our intention when choosing a new logo has always been to find something that was 100% original and unique to the Calgary Dragons. That’s the only reason we did this in the first place, to get a truly original logo.

Unfortunately, it took the unveiling to realize we didn’t have that. I take full responsibility for saying the logo we used was 100% original, that was my mistake and I own it.

The criticisms in asking how we could replace one non-original logo with another were definitely valid. Izzy found some logo making template online, I liked the “C” look of it, we moved forward and got caught up in the excitement of a new logo without doing our due diligence. It was not done intentionally. I think everyone knows our reputations as a good members who care about the league and our team, but hey mistakes happen in life. All we can do is own them and try and correct it.

We love the logo and we appreciate those who supported us, but the fact remains it’s not 100% original and we did not achieve our goal here.

Therefore, we will not be using this logo because it’s not a truly original design and ultimately that’s what we want for this franchise. Plain and simple.

We’ll continue to work on getting a unique original logo in the near future.

I hope this statement clears up any confusion on how or why this happened. I care very much about my team, my players and the league and look forward to a bright future for all of us.

In Calgary we’re now moving past this and focusing on the playoffs.

Thank You.

Dragons

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 09:23 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Yeah I made some mistakes in then process as well.. I didn’t think it made a difference how and where the logo came from.. but clearly it did and I probably should have recognized that since I’ve been on the site long enough to know the importance of these things. Good call esa... I’m sure we will put forth something better moving forward.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Dragonite

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Model franchise

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Not everyone can be as original as the Chiefs unfortunately Undecided

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Super rough process. Good luck

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Dragonite

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

excellent statement, and imo the right call to make as well.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Ye good choice!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

[Image: backpedaling-gif-3.gif]

RETIRED

As Don Cherry would say, all you youngsters out there this is how you GM.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Dragonite

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

I still love you Esa. <3

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

05-22-2019, 09:32 AMMayuu Wrote: [Image: backpedaling-gif-3.gif]

He's going forward, just not looking

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]