Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment

ouchhhh

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

05-29-2019, 04:34 PMjRuutu Wrote: Did the Daco guy really just leave?
He might have, in which case, this really only harms Minnesota and to a lesser extent, the league as a whole. It's never a good situation when a team becomes so toxic from a loss of draft picks. It really only causes a team to have a very low chance of success for a long period of time.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

05-29-2019, 04:36 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
He might have, in which case, this really only harms Minnesota and to a lesser extent, the league as a whole. It's never a good situation when a team becomes so toxic from a loss of draft picks. It really only causes a team to have a very low chance of success for a long period of time.

No winners in this one, that is for sure. Going to be looooong road to come back after a penalty like that and if the guy who did it just runs out of the door right away - brutal punishment for the team.

05-29-2019, 04:36 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:

I agree I think there are individuals in the HO that want to throw the book at everything lately, it's honestly concerning in my point of view. This site is a community first and foremost in my opinion and a sim league second. That's how I always have viewed this site, and its how I tend to build my teams. I want to make sure everyone is having an enjoyable environment and throwing the book at everything and anything is just going to push people away and kill activity.

I mean if Daco really ghosted. I hope Smurph gets the option the fire Daco or Daco gets banned from holding a SHL management position for the next 3 seasons. + They get a lowered punishment kinda like what BUF got back then.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

05-29-2019, 04:34 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: tbh lately it seems like every punishment that HO hands out is appealed then corrected with an appeal. Its kinda concerning tbh.

i mean... that's what appeals do.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-29-2019, 04:34 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: tbh lately it seems like every punishment that HO hands out is appealed then corrected with an appeal. Its kinda concerning tbh.

Just means the appeal process is working which is a good thing and not necessarily something that should be concerning. If all the excessive punishments failed appeal then I'd be worried. At least with the appeal process we know HO can be self reflective.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

how about buffalo and minnesota both shut up and apologize to each other eh? This has been pretty toxic

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

05-29-2019, 04:40 PMTomen Wrote: I mean if Daco really ghosted. I hope Smurph gets the option the fire Daco or Daco gets banned from holding a SHL management position for the next 3 seasons. + They get a lowered punishment kinda like what BUF got back then.
^

Let’s not get it twisted. Neither of us want Minnesota to get nuked with a full on tampering punishment. We first and foremost wanted Daco fired or suspended from his position. Anything other than that we didn’t really care about. I do hope Minnesota appeals and gets a reduced punishment.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-29-2019, 04:39 PMjRuutu Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:36 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: He might have, in which case, this really only harms Minnesota and to a lesser extent, the league as a whole. It's never a good situation when a team becomes so toxic from a loss of draft picks. It really only causes a team to have a very low chance of success for a long period of time.

No winners in this one, that is for sure. Going to be looooong road to come back after a penalty like that and if the guy who did it just runs out of the door right away - brutal punishment for the team.

Well Portland/San Fran just got into the playoffs after the whole wally thing and honestly, the entire team retired so there have been worst situations.

05-29-2019, 04:41 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: how about buffalo and minnesota both shut up and apologize to each other eh? This has been pretty toxic

no u

05-29-2019, 04:40 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:36 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: He might have, in which case, this really only harms Minnesota and to a lesser extent, the league as a whole. It's never a good situation when a team becomes so toxic from a loss of draft picks. It really only causes a team to have a very low chance of success for a long period of time.

I agree I think there are individuals in the HO that want to throw the book at everything lately, it's honestly concerning in my point of view. This site is a community first and foremost in my opinion and a sim league second. That's how I always have viewed this site, and its how I tend to build my teams. I want to make sure everyone is having an enjoyable environment and throwing the book at everything and anything is just going to push people away and kill activity.
Yep, I think there is always the tendency to throw the book as harsh as possible in these types of cases. Not blaming anyone in particular, but I think it's more so just something the league has historically done. I've never agreed on such harsh punishments, minus the head GM blatantly tampering. A punishment might be warranted, but considering this was done by a new co-GM who may have just vanished, I think this is only shooting the league long-term in all honesty.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 04:45 PM by Hallsy.)

05-29-2019, 04:41 PMSleepy Wrote:

Just means the appeal process is working which is a good thing and not necessarily something that should be concerning. If all the excessive punishments failed appeal then I'd be worried. At least with the appeal process we know HO can be self reflective.

Why not get it right the first time doe. u know just seems like a huge time waster for everyone involved.minny literally can't do anything right now because of the punishment. cant sign players because of the cap reduction, it literally wrecks any plans they had this off-season and has put everything in hold.

05-29-2019, 04:42 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:39 PMjRuutu Wrote: No winners in this one, that is for sure. Going to be looooong road to come back after a penalty like that and if the guy who did it just runs out of the door right away - brutal punishment for the team.

Well Portland/San Fran just got into the playoffs after the whole wally thing and honestly, the entire team retired so there have been worst situations.
Portland was a super toxic situation for awhile after that punishment though. To be fair, that was a more serious issue of tampering compared to this instance, as well.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

05-29-2019, 04:43 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:41 PMSleepy Wrote: Just means the appeal process is working which is a good thing and not necessarily something that should be concerning. If all the excessive punishments failed appeal then I'd be worried. At least with the appeal process we know HO can be self reflective.

Why not get it right the first time doe. u know just seems like a huge time waster for everyone involved.

Because punishments only go one way. It's easier to start off strong and ease back after an appeal rather than the other away around and like I said it offers a period for self reelection. I don't think it's wastful or harming anyone if it takes a long time to get to the right point.