Create Account

S47 SMJHL CW

TASK #1: So, Stavros - what are your intentions and hopes for this series against the Vancouver Whalers

Stavros: The Whalers are a weak team. There’s absolutely no way they will beat us in a series … hell, there’s no way they will beat us in one game! you’ll see. We will come out guns blazing, and we will pot too many goals to count. 

So, it’s safe to say you’re feeling confident?

I guess. There’s no “confidence” involved. I’m just being realistic. Our plan is to plow through the Whalers, and whatever team is unfortunate enough to face us in the second round with see the same fate. I guarantee it. 

What if you lose though? I mean, the Whalers beat you guys in all of your games this season, Aren’t you being a little overzealous? 

Listen bud, I’m not being over-anything. Maybe I’m over fake news so called “journalists” like you who obviously cannot comprehend that we are going to SWEEP Vancouver. Thanks, I’ll show myself out…[Image: armada.png]

TASK #2: 

The first and most notable player of the finals: Montreal’s Oliver Klozoff.. He leads the entire playoffs in points with 15. He has a chance to seal the deal as a playoff MVP. The question is, can he KEEP producing like this?!?!? 

The second most notable, and certain the most “talked about” is Ravyn Tedisko, who amassed 34 hits in twelve games - many of them being absolute game changers. This series is going to depend on physical play and who wants to sacrifice more - personally, my opinion is Montreal will take it, provided Tedisko is on his game.

The third most notable is Anaheim’s Mathias Seger - Seger is not known for his scoring prowess, but in this tight series, he has managed to block more shots than any other player. He’s blocked shots with his shins, his wrists, and on one occasion, his neck! I wouldn’t be surprised if he is still banged up from last series - though he is not discussed nearly enough as i believe he should be, he gets the nod for third most notable player. 

The fourth most notable player is of course, Aleksi O’Koivu-Volkova. AOKV has posted a league leading .911 SV% in this playoffs - he is on an absolutely stellar run as the best goaltender in the playoffs. He is the third of the three-headed monster: Klozoff-Tedisko-AOKV. 

The fifth most notable player: With a .909 save percentage, it’s obviously the man at the other end of the arena, Tibuk Soonika. Soonika absolutely STOLE the series against the heavily favoured St.Louis scarecrows. The only way Anaheim wins this series is if Soonika plays lights out. 

TASK #3: 

OUTLAWS vs MILITIA: GAME 6 SUMMARY 

The Anaheim Outlaws plan to stay alive in this game 6. Outlaws lose, they’re OUT - if they win; one more shot at redemption. The first period saw a scoreless 20 minutes, with the Militia outshooting the Outlaws by a final count of 10-2 - not the start that Anaheim wanted. Finally, Soonika cracks - Militia draw first blood. Shepard pots his fifth of the playoffs with helpers from Skottsson and the elusive Klozoff. The unlikely hero - Gunnar Petrov pots his third of the playoff and the underdogs TIE the game 1-1. Not even FIVE minutes into the third period and Osbert Whacker feeds Jerry Mander who chucks it to Seemu Telanne for a GOAL! The OUTLAWS are up 2-1! However this would not last, as Marc Hagan absolutely ripped a dirty clap bomb top cheddar - bar down. 2-2. The time ticks to zero - folks - game SIX OT. 
 GOAL! A juicy rebound and …. CHUCK GOODY III BURIES HOME THE GAME WINNER - TIE SERIES - WE’RE GOING TO GAME SEVEN. 

TASK #4: 

blank 

TASK #5 
The most significant instagram post this season:

The picture: Sweat drips onto a black rubber mat - A stocky man with rather freakishly large and vascular calves can be seen pedalling away on a stationary bike. His bald head glistening from the radiant light, and the “dog” snapchat filter covers his toothless face. It appears that the digital clock in the background says “5:05”. Stavros has greek pasta on fridays at 4:30 - there’s no chance this is in the evening - he put in work at 5 AM.. he’s serious. The first caption reads “this year will be different” a random assortment of emojis litter the caption - the swiss cheese emoji, the clown emoji, and the eye emoji. the following caption says “I’m coming for you… decode me”. Stavros Halkias is obviously very prepared to come back in FULL force next season - the question begs: What do the emojis mean? Can Stavros keep this up? What is his snapchat?
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 01:38 PM by GrilledTwinkiez.)

Task #1:
INTERVIEWER: Biz its your rookie season in the SMJHL and you saw a decent amount of ice time in your first year down the stretch, what do you expect going into the playoffs?
BIZ: Im just looking to help out anyway I can, im happy i could take some of the load off of Mikey down the stretch and help my team get some wins, but for playoffs I knew i was going to be on the bench a lot, it's just part of being a backup in this game. work hard off the ice and in practice and seize the moment when they come. Thats what i gotta do and one day ill be the #1 guy.
INTERVIEWER: looking back at your rookie year how do you feel it went for you?
BIZ: well i think i took a big step in my development as a player. Worked on a lot of aspects of my game and i was able to see some solid results, now the plan for the off season is to build off what ive done this season and get better everyday and push for that starting roll next season.

Task 2:
TOP  5 Goal Scorers
1 Gordie Boomhover (STL) 9  (0.69 G/GM)
2 Nicolas Fleming (STL) 8  (0.62 G/GM)
3 Filip Zadina (STL) .            6  (0.46 G/GM)
4 Franz Cooper (DET) 5  (0.50 G/GM)
5 Lunga Gumba (DET) 5  (0.50 G/GM)

I went with goal leaders to showcase the biggest scoring threats in the SMJHL first off we can see that STL has dominated that group, however Filip Zadina could be slid into the 5 spot based on goals per game calculations.

Task 3:
Round 1 Game 3 Halifax vs Detroit

down 0-2 in the series Halifax needed a big game on home ice to bring themselves back in the series after getting crushed in game 1 they were able to bring it a bit closer in game two, they needed to come out strong in game 3. and thats the exact opposite of what they did, giving up a goal 57 seconds into the first they were on their heals quick. Just when they looked to be settling into the pace of the game Detroit puts one past at 6:09 of the first and less than 30 seconds later at 6:35. Halifax was down 3-0 in six and a half minutes into the game. but give the Raiders credit, they didn't roll over and die, with a goal in each of the 3 periods they shut Detroit down for the rest of the game to force a big OT period in game 3. After a back and forth OT that saw big chances at both ends eventually Detroit would put one in to end it 14 minutes into the OT frame to take a commanding 3-0 series lead on the Raiders that they would end up winning in 4 games to end the season for Halifax.

Task5: this offseason I’ll be announcing my new partnership with a local Edmonton hockey school. I was born in Germany but moved to Edmonton when I was very young and I couldn’t be happier when they drafted me 27OA. Coming home and being able to do something in the community is always something I’ve wanted to do with my influence. This is only the beginning, I will continue to build my connections with the community through events like these ones. We are going to work with players of all skill levels on and off the ice to teach them valuable skills in life and hockey. We have opened up Rogers place for different on and off ice sessions all day long. By breaking kids into skill based groups we can focus on a collective skill level. For 2 weeks these kids will get a pro experience that most kids only dream of. And I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of that for them. I’ve been very lucky with my career so far. But it’s hard work. Very humbling to give back

[Image: nasty.png]

Task 1 – Interview:

Interviewer: “Hello Oliver. The Falcons this season finished with a sub 500 winning percentage. How do you feeling going into the playoffs after finishing below average?”

Cleary: “Yeah well obviously you never want to lose games but unfortunately we couldn't really find our rhythm and we're never really able to have any prolonged success. The guys are well aware of what our weaknesses are as a team and we're actively working on fixing those going into the playoffs. We have a great locker room with a lot of talented guys. We really believe that if we can have any sort of sustained success we will be able to really come in and do great things.”

Interviewer: “What kind of changes will you make in your game for playoffs?”

Cleary: “I don't think I'll do too much honestly. My overall game is based on strong defence and making good passes out of the zone. Obviously things are going to get tighter in the playoffs but I think I have the skill to be able to bring that gap.”

Code:
177 words

Task 2 – Top 5 List:

The Top 5 Players in the Finals

5. Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova (Montreal): With a 911% going into the finals, the Militia goaltender is giving his team a chance to win every single evening. Of the two goalies in the finals, he's the better option.

4. Ravyn Tedisko (Montreal): With 9 points so far in the playoffs, including a team leading goals, Tedisko is the best rookie going into the finals and a player to watch. Expect more big goals

3. Hiro Fujikawa (Anaheim): The lone Outlaw on our list, the forward has been able to produce at both ends of the ice. With 13 points and 5 goals, Fujikawa is leading the Outlaws in all offensive stats

2. Kristoffer Svensson (Montreal): The Militia second line centre has been the best offensive forward all playoffs. With 9 assists, Svensson has been a big reason why this team is where they are.

1. Oliver Klozoff (Montreal): An easy choice for #1. The defensemen is number one in playoff assists and scoring with 11 and 15 respectively. He's a threat every time he is on the ice.

Task 3 – Game Recap:

Going into game 4, the Militia were down in the series against the Outlaws two to one. A big game was needed by all to tie up the series going back home. They responded almost immediately. Oliver Klozoff fired a quick pass over to James Truong who sniped one past Tibuk Soonika to make the game 1-0 40 seconds in. The Outlaws would take the rest of the period to respond but they finally going one when Lallo Selman tipped his 5th of the playoffs past Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova.

Montreal again came out strong in the second period. In the dying seconds of a powerplay against goal scorer Selman, Stolp Skottson was able to put one past the Outlaws goaltender to give the Militia a 2-1 lead that would hold up until the end of the period.

The Outlaws would come out strong looking for the tie in the third while Montreal shifted to a more defensive system to try and hold them. This would turn out to be a mistake with the Outlaw goaltender on the bench for the extra attacker. Dylon McIntrye would make to sneak one past O'Koivu-Volkova to tie the game at 2 going into the extra period.

Montreal, needing the victory, wouldn't take long to finish it. James Truong put away his second of the game and 6th of the playoffs at 4:29 to take the victory for his side. Other than Truong, goaltender Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova put in an impressive effort with 31 saves on 33 shots.

Code:
251 words

Task 4 – Game Winning Goal:

7. Detroit Falcons , Raino Kyllonen 1 (Oliver Cleary 2, Satoshi Zigzagooney 2) at 13:49 (PP)

After going offside, Matt Kholin and Raino Kyllonen line-up for the draw just outside the Raiders zone. The Falcons still on the powerplay for the time being. Kyllonen wins the faceoff back to Zigzagoonery who quickly moves it to Cleary. Cleary brings the puck into the zone. The Falcons are in an umbrella formation with Cleary quarterbacking. Cleary moves the puck to Kyllonen to his left who quickly fires a pass over to Zigzagoonery on his left. Zigzagoonery doesn't have a shot so he moves it back to Cleary to reset. Falcons still on the powerplay. Cleary rifles the puck over to Kyllonen. ONE TIMER BY KYLLONEN AND IT GOES IN. After being down by 3 going into the third period and tying the game up with 3 quick goals to start the period, the Falcons have completed the comeback and taken a 4-3 lead off a goal by Raino Kyllonen. Great movement at the line by Zigzagoonery, Cleary and Kyllonen led to Kyllonen having a wide open one timer. He rifled that puck off a great one-timer and Mike McKorsy had no chance to stop the puck as he couldn't see it. The goal is Kyllonen's first of the playoffs and it could prove to be a huge one for the Falcons who are looking to close this series out in 4. Lets see if this will hold up as the series winning goal.

Code:
235 words

Task 5 – Instagram Post

The most significant post I will be making during the post season is my post draft picture. Arguably the proudest moment for a young player is the moment they're drafted into the SHL. Being drafted in the early rounds what a player dreams of and what it comes with is a beautiful moment for each player. You get to hear your name called by the general manager who calls your name, you get to share it with your friends and family who supported you, you get your team's jersey. The plan for my most significant post would be posting my post draft picture with the general manager, coach, owner and any other members of the team that have showed up for the draft. Not only will this be significant for me because it is my post draft picture but also it is a chance to share my thanks with the organization who has believed in me enough to bring me into their fold.

Code:
163 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 06:05 PM by jason97.)

Task #1 – Player Interview

As the Colorado Raptors head into the playoffs, an interviewer caught up with Calogero Crudelli to get his thoughts about the upcoming SMJHL Playoffs.

Interview It is a known fact that the Colorado Raptors finished dead last in the regular season, what are your expectations going into the playoffs and what do you guys need to do to make a run?

CC: Well, there is no hiding the fact that we finished 10 points away from 9th place. Going into Kelowna, we have to continue to play with a positive mindset. We know Kelowna has a great team and that we aren’t expected to be any serious threat but I think if we play fundamental hockey in our special teams, we have a chance to turn a few heads. We’ve seen lower seeds make a push every year, so why can’t it be us?

Interview After coming alive towards the end of the regular season, what kind of impact can you make in the playoffs?

CC: I feel as thought I can see an improvement in my game every day and so I’m feeling really good about myself going into the playoffs. I know that I didn’t have the rookie year that I might have wanted or people had expected of me but with the increased ice-time, I feel as thought I can be an important part of this playoff team.

Code:
231 words

Task #2 – Top 5 Playoff Points Leaders

5. Militia Marc Hagan – 9 points

Hagan has scored 5 goals and 4 assists so far this postseason. With just under 19 minutes of ice-time a game, Hagan is going to have to continue his great production on the first line in the finals.

4. Outlaws Jerry Mander – 11 points

Jerry Mander has scored 3 goals and 8 assists so far this postseason and is a very impressive +8 along the way. The second line pairing defenseman is proving to be a great special teams’ asset as he is playing a ton of power play and penalty kill minutes and will have to continue his great play in the finals.

3. Militia Kristoffer Svensson – 13 points

Svensson has scored 4 goals and 9 assists in 12 games so far these playoffs. He is playing roughly 21 minutes a game in the playoffs but it doesn’t seem to have any effect on him. He continues to performance offensively alongside rookie Ravyn Tedisko on the Militia second line.

2. Outlaws Hiro Fujikawa – 13 points

Hiro Fujikawa leads the Outlaws in goals with 5 and is tied with Mander for assists with 8. He has been a big reason as to why the Outlaws are in the finals. He has had two game winning goals and 1.28 P/20 which puts him amongst the leaders in the playoffs. He is one of the favorites along with Tibuk Soonika to win the MVP award if the Outlaws were to win the cup.

1. Militia Oliver Klozoff – 15 points

Oliver Klozoff is having an incredible postseason so far. He has 4 goals and 11 assists in 12 games. He has been incredible on the power play as he has scored 7 of his 15 points on the man advantage. His 1.16 P/20 really stands out to the naked eye. He is the front-runner for the SMJHL Playoff MVP award along with Aleksi O’Koivu-Volkova if the Militia were to win the cup.

Code:
325 words

Task #3 – Game #2 SMJHL Finals Outlaws vs Militia

After the Militia took game 1, the Outlaws needed to win this game to get back in this series. The Militia got out to an early lead thanks to a goal by Commander Shepard, his 4th of the playoffs, just under 2 minutes into the game. The Outlaws tied the game a few minutes later thanks to Hiro Fujikawa, their leading scorer. With just a couple of minutes left in the 1st period, Max Rockatansky scored his 5th goal of the postseason to give the Outlaws a 2-1 lead.

The Militia came out firing in the 2nd as Griffith Cadwalader scored his 3rd goal of the playoffs just over 1-minute left in the 2nd period. Both teams played a very even 2nd period, nobody wanting to give anything up. The 3rd period starts with a goalie interference penalty on Slap McShotty and the Militia capitalize with a power play goal by Keegan Angello. With the Militia taking the lead, the Outlaws had to get back in this game. With a little bit over 5 minutes left to play, it is the Outlaws hero Hiro Fujikawa who ties up the game with his second goal of the game. With the game tied 3-3 and under 1-minute left in the game. Chuck Goody III comes up huge for the Outlaws as he scores his first of the playoffs with 45 seconds left. A Corey Kennedy empty netter seals the second game victory for the Outlaws and the series is tied 1-1.

Code:
249 words

Task #4 – GWG

Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws Gunnar Petrov 2 (Mathias Seger 3, Osbert Whacker 7) at 17:29

Only four minutes left in game 7. The Outlaws are up 2-1. The Scarecrows continue to press to try and tie up the game. After a dump in by Slap McShotty, we see the Outlaws send out their second line, who has been incredible today. As the Scarecrows retrieve the loose puck with no pressure, they start to move the puck out of their zone. The puck is passed to Gaspard Boone and as he is trying to find a way into the Outlaws zone, the puck is intercepted by Max Rockatansky. Mathias Seger picks up the loose puck and enters the Scarecrows zone. He leaves it for Osbert Whacker who tried to find Gunnar Petrov. The puck bounces off his stick but he is able to win the contested battle along the wall to recover it. He is then hit by Isaac Yamada and Mathias Seger is once again first to the puck. He takes a wrister but it is low and wide of the net. Gunnar Petrov springs to get the loose puck behind the net and he tries a wrap around. Billy Sorokin meets him at the post but a couple of whacks at the puck and it somehow finds its way across the line. The Scarecrows are able to tie it up with 45 seconds left but the game winning goal by Gunnar Petrov secures the Outlaws’ spot into the SMJHL finals.

Code:
254 words

Task #5 – Instagram Post

The most important Instagram post that I’m making is my second playoff game for the Colorado Raptors. In game 2 versus the Kelowna Knights, I was able to not only score my 1st career playoff goal but in the same period, I was able to score another one. Of course, when it comes to important posts, there is obviously the one was I got drafted and my first SMJHL goal. But scoring in the playoffs is one of those memories that will always stick with you. The atmosphere in the arena is electric and the adrenaline is flying high. Being able to post the classic picture of Instagram of the two pucks in each hand is a memorable one. The caption would be thanking my family, my teammates, management, everybody really. It has always been a dream of mine of scoring in the playoffs and I’m glad I was able to do it so early in my career. Hopefully there is a lot more in store for myself and the Colorado Raptors in the upcoming seasons.

Code:
180 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Interviewer: Nick, this is the furthest the Outlaws have ever made it in the SMJHL playoffs since their introduction as an expansion team. Does this add to the pressure?

Nick: Oh, for sure. You can sense how excited the city is about us being in the Finals. It definitely brings some added pressure to do well. But with that pressure comes the energy from the crowd. We, as a team, feed off the crowd’s energy when we’re tired and it makes a helluva difference. We want to bring the cup back to Anaheim for these great fans.

Interviewer: What would you attribute to Anaheim’s success this post-season after a mediocre regular season?

Nick: I’d say just chemistry as a team. The guys have really learned to battle not only for themselves and the fans, but for each other. It may sound cheesy but having a team that clicks on all 4 lines is key to winning games and we’ve gotten red hot at the right time.

Interviewer: Thanks for your time Nick and good luck in the Finals!

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative. 

Top 5 Rookies to Watch:

5. Nick Connolly – A skillful winger, Connolly’s bread a butter is using his smooth skating to get himself in position to make a solid pass to a scorer. One of the best passers in the league, look for Connolly to make a few passes that lead to good opportunities.

4. Padraig Sarantez – A big two-way defenseman, Sarantez is a solid minute eating defender who can park in front to break up plays, as well as make a crisp break out pass. Look for him to get a few assists in this series.

3. Zarley Zalapski – Zalapski is an offensive forward that always looks to drive play out of his own zone to create counter attacking opportunities for his team. He has great defensive tendencies that lead to opposing team turnovers and subsequent chances for Montreal and isn’t afraid to get up the ice.

2. Noah Tedla – Another great two-way defenseman, Tedla is a great puck handler for a defenseman and makes his presence felt on both ends of the ice. He’s not scared to deke around opposing defenders to open up play in the offensive zone.

1. Ravyn Tedisko – Tedisko has been red hot this post-season putting up 9 points in 12 games. Boasting a .90 points/game %, look for Ravyn to stay hot in the finals and find her name on the score sheet often.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 
Requirements: 150 words.

Hero of the Game:

Chuck Goody III has had a quiet post-season. He hadn’t recorded a single point in 12 prior games, but that didn’t drop his confidence in the slightest. Buried on the 4th line, Goody III roughly gets only 8 minutes per game but tonight he made those minutes count. With less than a minute left in Game 2 of the Finals of which Anaheim was down one game, Goody III roofed a wrister to break the 3-3 tie and clinch the game for Anaheim. What a huge moment for Goody III and the entire Anaheim team. To be able to receive depth scoring is one of the keys to a deep playoff run and this is no exception. That’s why the Hero of the Game award goes to Chuck Goody III who evened up the series and scored arguably the biggest goal in franchise history for the Outlaws. 

Task #4 - Write a goals highlight play by play for one series winning game, or make an infographic featuring stats from a series winning game.
Requirements: At least 200 words for written / at least 4 stats featured in at least 2 different ways for graphics (bar graphs, pie graphs, list of names, etc)

1st period
1.    Montreal Militia , Ravyn Tedisko 8 (Kristoffer Svensson 13, Jaguar Johnson 6) at 0:41 (PP) – Svensson wins a draw in the offensive zone cleanly and handles the puck himself into the slot. He rips one high and wide but it careen’s off the glass right onto Tedisko’s stick who buries it on the out of position Soonika.
2.    Anaheim Outlaws , Hiro Fujikawa 9 (Gunnar Petrov 3, Max Rockatansky 6) at 0:49 – Rockatansky wins the post goal faceoff in the neutral zone back to Petrov who finds a streaking Fujikawa behind the defense. He makes a power move to the net and slides it five hole on O’koivu-Volkova to tie the game.
3.    Montreal Militia , Hans Zucker 4 (Zarley Zalapski 9, Heikki Jaakola 4) at 15:45 – Noah Tedla makes a crucial mistake in the offensive zone as he mistimes his pinch. Zalapski capitalizes on the mistake and bumps him off the puck proceeding to make a crisp pass to Jaakola. They play a perfect one two down the right wing where Zalapski finds Zucker on a two on one in the Outlaws zone and he finishes low glove on Soonika.

3rd period
4.    Anaheim Outlaws , Corey Kennedy 7 (Max Rockatansky 7, Hiro Fujikawa 11) at 11:21 – A failed breakout attempt by Klozoff leads to a flurry of shots on net. There’s a mad scramble in front where Corey Kennedy cleans up as no one marked him just outside the crease.
5.    Anaheim Outlaws , Collin Gibbles 5 (Martijn Westbroek 14, Osbert Whacker 12) at 12:45 – Svensson winds up for a huge slapper from the point but misses the net badly. This leads to an odd man rush for the Outlaws coming the other way. Some wonderful tic tac toe passing between Selman, Mander, Whacker, Gibbles, and Westbroek found Gibbles wide open from the left point. He winds up a slapper of his own and makes no mistake, picking the corner over O’koivu-Volkova’s blocker.

Task #5 - Tell us about the most significant post you're making on your Instagram this postseason.
Requirements: Written - 150 words. Graphics - Instagram template, caption.

The S48 SHL Entry Draft will be a fan-filled affair with plenty of talent to be spread around the league. Nick’s plan is to either live stream or make edited videos of behind the scenes content. This will show everything from his training routine and diet, to the actual draft itself. Ride side by side with Nick as if you were there to draft press conferences, early morning workouts, nights out with the boys, and late night casino trips. Nick hopes to gain fans this way by being transparent about the effort it takes to make it to the big leagues, but also showing that not everything is serious and effort intensive. There are definitely times when players get to kick back and relax and just be normal people. This is all in an effort to reach out the fans and make him a well-liked and well received draft pick no matter what team he ends up on.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 06:52 PM by EuroCap.)

Task #1 - RTE: Ready for the Playoffs?
Sarantez: Yeah, I am ready to get things going here and to fight for the biggest trophy in the SMJHL, the on trophy that Pedro never got. It will be a challenge as they always are because there are a lot of games to win on the way, but we have a bye, which should help us rest up and be ready, but at the same time, I would like to be able to play more for sure.
RTE: Thoughts on making it to the Finals?
Sarantez: I think we have a shot, but I am not going to get too far ahead of myself. There is so much to do on the way to that goal, that I cannot think about it right now. We are going game by game and hopefully at the end of it all there is a Cup waiting for me at the end, but it is a tough trophy to win, so I don’t want to make it seem inevitable.

Task #2 - People in the audience for Game 7
Drake: Sitting right behind the coach and will likely try to jump the glass to rub his shoulders.
Mike Tyson: Wants to see a fight
Barkley: Skipping the NBA Finals to catch some hockey
Beiber: Just kidding, he wasn't allowed in
Natalie Dormer: We all know why.

Task #3 - Game 4: Montreal gets on the board first with a quick goal by Truong, but the Outlaws’ Selman tied it up before the period came to a close. Then in the second, Montreal stormed back to retake the lead with a power play goal by Skottson and held if for the rest of the second. Going into the third, Montreal was in control of the game and O'Koivu-Volkova was making save after save throughout the third period, but with just over a minute left, McIntyre found a way to sneak one through and the game was tied and heading to OT. Truong became the hero for Montreal when he put the puck in the back of the net at 4:29 into the first OT and picked up his 2nd goal of the game. The series was tied at two a piece and Montreal was heading into game 5 with momentum.

Task #4 -
1st period
1. Sami Rieder misses the net badly, but the puck bounces off the boards and Theo Morgan was there to pick up the puck and lights the lamp in the 1st.
2nd period
2. Olin O'Dowd just barely misses the net and Ravyn Tedisko picks up the loose puck and rips it past the goalie to put Montreal on the board.
3. Olin O'Dowd intercepts a pass, finds Kristoffer Svensson, who chips it to Ravyn Tedisko, who slides it over to Olin O'Dowd in Vancouver Whalers zone, who then feeds Jaguar Johnson for the goal only 30 seconds after their last one and Montreal is up by 1.
3rd period
4. Rieder misses the net on the power play, but Cullen Gray pick up the loose puck and ties the game on the power play for the Vancouver Whalers.
5. Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova starts the play by moving the puck up to Ravyn Tedisko, who finds Oliver Klozoff and once in the Whalers zone, slide the puck to Kristoffer Svensson for the power play goal.
6. Olin O'Dowd intercepts a pass and finds Marc Hagan, who moves the puck into Vancouver Whalers zone and fires it past the tender to put Montreal up by two.

Task #5 - Picture of myself and Pedro having a Guinness at our local pub in Dublin a few days after losing in Game 7 and returning home to Ireland to reunite with my family and friends and take a short break for the offseason to recuperate and prep for the SHL Draft and next season in the SMJHL or in the SHL. "Well, it didn't end up like we wanted it to, but being able to come home to a pint of the black stuff with my uncle does make it a bit easier. Going to take a few weeks off the ice to recover, then it is back to work. #SHLDraft is coming up and excited to see who picks me. Whatever happens next season, whether I am back in Montreal or in the SHL somewhere, I will be ready for the next challenge, so they better be ready for me.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 08:03 PM by TheWoZy.)

Task 1

Interview Your team finished bottom third in the standings. How are you going to adjust going into the playoffs?

Satoshi Zizagooney: We need to play more aggressive. We are a young team in the beginning of the season but we gained some experience through the year which will help us play a lot more tougher against the top team. We also have added three veterans players who had playoffs experience before so there's less pressure on us rookies.

Interview You had a good rookie season with the Falcons. Are you going to keep playing the same way?

Satoshi Zizagooney: I played well during the regular season for a first year but there's lot to learn still and if we have to win the the Four Star Cup, I have to get better a lot defensively. I need to be much more aggressive on my opponents and take a lot more risk. I had 37 hits this season but in the playoffs I need more than 37 hits even if we are going to play less games.

Task 2

Top 5 defensemen in the finals

1. Oliver Klozoff Militia | P: 22 | HIT: 32 | SB: 19 |
He was the best two-ways defensemen in the playoffs. He's probably going to win the playoffs MVP award.

2. Osbert Whacker Outlaws | P: 15 | HIT: 26 | SB: 25 |
He's very close to be the number one in the list . He is as good as Klozoff.

3. Mathias Seger Outlaws | P: 7 | HIT: 30 | SB: 23 |
He was the best defensive player in the series although he didn't have much impact on the offense.

4. Zarley Zalapski Militia | P: 11 | HIT: 19 | SB: 24 |
A rookie made it to the list? He has a great career ahead of him.

5. Jerry Mander Outlaws | P: 15 | HIT: 16 | SB: 23 |
He was overshadowed by Whacker but he still played well in the playoffs.

Task 3

The Anaheim Outlaws were able to clutch it out in game 6 against the Montreal Impact, thanks to their rookie hero Chuck Goody III with his goal in the overtime, sending the series to game 7. It was a must win for the Outlaws as they were facing elimination in the finals. In game 5, the Impact destroyed the Outlaws 5-2 and they had a huge momentum heading to game 6 but the unexpected happened. In the first period, neither side scored a goal but the Montreal was the better team, out shooting them 10-2. In the second period, the Impact took an early lead with Commander Shepard scoring his fifth goal in the playoffs but Gunnar Petrov was able to tied the game 7 minutes left. In the third, Seemu Telanne scored early in the game but Marc Hagan tied the game with his 7th in the playoffs. In the overtime, Chuck Goody III scored the final goal of the game and the Oultaws are heading to game 7 in Montreal. This game was tough for the Outlaws because their fourth liner scored the last two goals and the Impact had 9 attempts on Powerplay but weren't able to score in one of them.

Task 4

Game 7 Finals:  Outlaws  @  Militia

Heading into the third period of the final game in the SMJHL, the Impact have a one goal lead against the Outlaws. With ten minutes left in the game, the Outlaws are still trailing by one goal. Martijn Westbroek wins the faceoffs in the Montreal Zone, it's their chance to tie the game. Collin Gibbles has the puck but made an error right as he tried to pass it to Martijn Westbroek but Herry Morris IV saw it coming and took away the puck. The Militia are going on the offense but Osbert Whacker stopped the Militia counterattack and Anaheim has another chance to score. Collin Gibbles retrieved the puck is going in with Westbroek. He pass it to Martijn Westbroek in the Montreal Zone and Martijn Westbroek pass it behind him to Lallo Selman. He shoot an one timer but it miss the net. It was a great play by Westbroek but it's not over yet, the Outlaws still have the puck. Mathias Serger pass the to  Hiro Fujikawa and he shoot but it hit the post! Max Rockatansky took puck and shoot it fast on the net, stopped by Stolp Skottson but Corey Kennedy with the rebound, shoot and it's a goal. He ties the game with only 8 minutes left in the third. Montreal wins the faceoffs and Ravyn Tedisko moves the puck in the Anaheim zone. He finds Kristoffer Svensson and he shoot a big one but it missed the net. Jerry Mander has the puck and make a long to Osbert Whacker in the Montreal zone and it's a 3v2 situation. He passes to Martijn Westbroek who fakes his shot and the goalie fell off. Westbroek give it to Collin Gibbles and he shoots a quick one. They scored another goal under one minute. The Anaheim Outlaws take the lead with only 7 minutes left in the final game.

Task 5

NSFL PT

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Task #1 

Q: It’s been a few day since your team lost in game 7 against the Outlaws.  Having a few days to think about it, is there anything that you would have done differently.

A: Well ya, I wish we would have scored my goals and won the game!  But honestly, we ran into a very good team in Anaheim, they beat us fair and square.  And they are still playing great hockey in the finals.  I think they have a real good chance of taking the series.

Q: Now with your rookie season ended, what will you take from this year to improve your chances next year.

A: I’ve learned a lot this season.  We had a great regular season and played well in the playoffs, but we couldn’t get that last win.  I’ve learned that I still have a lot of room for improvement, and that I have to keep working to get better.

Q: What does next season look like for you and the Crows?

A: We are losing some key players to the SHL next season.  It’s bittersweet, I’m happy for my teammates, but we are definitely going to miss them.  We are still going to have a killer team next season, us rookies are all ready to take on a bigger role and I look forward to getting some new rookies in the locker room.  It’s going to be a fun season, and I’ll make sure that I’m ready for it.

Task #2

Top five foods at the finals

Montreal and Anaheim are not close to each other at all, it’s no surprise that they each have their own tastes when it comes to food choices at their games, here is the list of the top 5 foods at the finals:

5. Salad (ANA) – I didn’t even know salad would be an option, but apparently being healthy is something Californians take seriously.
4. Hot dog & beer combo (MTL & ANA) – No list can be complete with this combo.  Hockey needs this combo. I need this combo.  Please, someone give me a hot dog and a beer....
3. Montreal smoked meat sandwich (MTL) – nothing beats Montreal’s meat…
2. Tacos (ANA) – another California treat that had made it’s way to the rink. The Outlaws do it up right, with all the fixin’s.
1. Poutine (MTL) – fries, cheese and gravy.  I don’t think anything else needs to be said.

Task #3 

Unsung hero – Game 7 of the Four Star Cup Finals

This player did not make the three stars of the night, but some could argue that they could have.  Tibuk Soonika, the Anaheim Outlaw goalie had a very solid night, with everything on the line.  Tibuk stopped 23 of 25 shots on net, sporting a .920 save percentage. Over half of those shots that Tibuk stopped came in the first period, with Montreal pushing the envelope at home, with this being the final game of the SMJHL season.  Montreal scored to go up 2-1 with under 5 minutes left to play in the opening period.  That was the last time the Militia were able to beat Soonika.  The netminder stood tall for the remainder of the game, the Outlaw rallied behind their keeper, after a scoreless 2nd period, the Outlaws scored the game tying goal and then shortly after, the game winner.  Tibuk just kept doing what they do well, stopping pucks.  Shutting the Militia out in the final two periods, and helping hoist the Four Star Cup with a great game 7 performance between the pipes.

Task #4  

Game Recap (Goals scored) – Gm 7 Anaheim Outlaws vs Montreal Militia

1st period

-      Montreal @ 41 seconds by Ravyn Tedisko 8 (Kristoffer Svensson 13, Jaguar Johnson 6)  0 - 1
Tedisko capatilizes 10 seconds into a very early PP.  A faceoff win and some nice passing in the Outlaws zone allows Tedisko to fire the puck in the net after gathering up a missed shot by her teammate Svensson.

-      Anaheim @ 49 seconds by Hiro Fujikawa 9 (Gunnar Petrov 3, Max Rockatansky 6) 1-1
It didn’t take long at all for the Militia to answer back, less than 10 seconds after the opening goal, Rocktansky wins the faceoff after the goal to Gunnar Petrov who passes to Hiro and he takes it from there.

-      Montreal @ 15:45 by Hans Zucker 4 (Zarley Zalapski 9 , Heikki Jaakola 4) 1 - 2
Zucker give Montreal the lead, after a nice intercepted pass by rookie Zarley Zalapski, who then has a give and go with Jaakola, and then Zarley finds Zucker for Montreal’s 2nd goal.

2nd period

NO SCORING

3rd period

-      Anaheim @ 11:21 by Corey Kennedy 7 (Max Rocktansky 7, Hiro Fujikawa 11) 2-2
Kennedy was able to get one past O’Koivu-Volkova, after a minute of pressure in the MTL zone which saw a missed shot, a blocked shot and a post, Kennedy put his 7th of the playoffs past the Militia netminder.

-      Anaheim @ 12:45 by Collin Gibbles 5 (Martijn Westbroek 14, Osbert Whacker 12) 3 – 2
Gibbles scores the series and cup winner, Lalla Selman and Jerry Mander breakout of their own zone and gain entry into Milita territory.  Mander passes to Whacker who gets it over to Gibbles, then to Martin Westbroek who pulls off a nice give a go with Whacker, Martin then spots Gibbles all alone, and then buries what turned out to be the game winner.

Task #5 

Lyle Odelein III does not have Instagram.  What Lyle has is a polaroid camera given to him by his grandfather, the original Lyle Odelein.  Both Lyle’s love taking pictures on their polaroid’s, they try and get together a few times a year to show each other their latest shots.  The older Lyle had a very long playing career in the NHL, and took a whole lotta pictures along his way.  They younger Lyle has recently been trying to emulate some of those older photos that his grandfather has taken, and wants to continue doing so.  One picture that cannot be found in the older Lyle’s photo album is a picture of him getting drafted into the NHL, he didn’t have his camera with him that day and the press wasn’t all that interested when Lyle went 171st overall in the 7th round.  So, this offseason, Lyle will be making sure that a picture is taken when his name is called out in the SHL draft, this is something that he and his grandfather will be able cherish and remember for years to come, that will be his equivalent to his most important Instagram post.

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

First interview after the team got swept in the first round of the playoffs--

Interviewer: Jaakko, how does it feel with the season coming to a close after a tough 4 games in the first round of the playoffs?

Jaakko: I mean, you hate to see it. You want any season, and especially your first season, to go as far as possible and I feel like we left a lot on the table there. There were a few moments in those games where I thought we had a chance, but it just never materialized into anything.

Interviewer: Despite the outcome, were there any positives you pulled away from the 4 games?

Jaakko: It's always good to get some experience in the playoffs, there's definitely some nerves that come along with that environment and I know we'll be back there next year and it'll be more comfortable. It was also exciting getting my first point in the playoffs. I wish I could have helped even more, but it was great getting that first one out of the way.

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative. 

Top 5 people that watched the Raiders struggle in the first round from the stands:

#1 - Justin Trudeau - Prime Minister Trudeau was seen leaving the arena after the first period of the first game of the series after hearing how well the Kelowna Knights were doing. When asked why he left the Raider's game so quickly his response was, "I don't know what you are talking about, I was at the Kelowna game the whole time."

#2 - Eminem - Marshall Mathers attended all of the games and would rap after every Detroit goal scored instead of their normal goal song.

#3 - Ed Sheeran - Hailing from Halifax, Ed Sheeran attended both home games and used the traumatic and sad experience to write another banger.

#4 - Jack White - Jack White grew up watching the Detroit Falcons and was at both home games.

#5 - A Goose Egg - A massive one was found inside Halifax's arena, carefully crafted during the four games.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 
Requirements: 150 words.

Task #4 - Write a goals highlight play by play for one series winning game, or make an infographic featuring stats from a series winning game.
Requirements: At least 200 words for written / at least 4 stats featured in at least 2 different ways for graphics (bar graphs, pie graphs, list of names, etc)

Task #5 - Tell us about the most significant post you're making on your Instagram this postseason.

Jaakko Jarvinen will unveil his greatest feat yet. He has saved all of the money from his signing and throughout the season and had a pool dug in the backyard of the house he is renting in Halifax. He will be filling that pool with a very high-grade coffee and diving in, drinking as much as possible until the caffeine grants him the ability to fly. This will be recorded by the lovely elderly woman that he lives with in the rented home (she has been training this entire season on instragram to make sure she has the ability to capture this amazing moment and post it successfully. Jaakko will be too shakey to hold a phone for atleast a month afterwards.)
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 09:24 PM by DieselJ.)

Task #1 - When I first joined the Outlaws they told us that they were looking to compete and that we had a chance of going for a championship run. With this in mind I knew I would be a backup for S47 but that's fine with me, I totally support the next man up mentality and I know I have to be able to have Soonika's back when he needs me! That being said I was excited when we were able to beat Lethbridge but I still wasn't sure about going to the distance. Being able to beat montreal was such an awesome experience and I really hope we're in the running for another championship in S48. From what I've heard I'll still be a backup in S48 but I know that I will have my chances to prove myself and all I need to do is wait and see. The team was extremely excited and I know we want to continue the success of Anaheim.
Code:
164 Words

Top 5 Tibuk Soonika Performances
1.  game 3: 24 saves from 25 shots
2. Game 6: 23 saves from 25 shots
3. Game 7: 23 saves from 25 shots
4. game 4: 20 saves from 23 shots
5. game 2: 20 saves from 23 shots

Task #3 - 11:21 in the 3rd Period. The turning point of the game. While it almost seemed like Militia was going to win a dud of a game 7 and go on to win the 4 star cup, Corey Kennedy had other plans. A very dry 2nd period and 1st half of the 3rd period had the Militia up 2-1 When Kennedy scored the game tying goal to make it 2-2. After this it seems like Anaheim had new found energy as only a minute and half later Anaheim scored the game winning goal to make it 3-2 in favor of the Outlaws. This turning not only lead to the game winning goal, but the team had newfound energy and were able to keep the Militia from doing anything the rest of the game, they were desperate and kept trying to get into the goal but it was in vain as the Outlaws just wouldn't give anything up and Soonika was having none of it. I was really afraid we might lose this series since game 7 was all or nothing, but the team spirited through it and delivered a championship during my very first season. If that isn't a warm welcome to the league I don't know what is.   

Code:
209 words

Task #4 - Given the chance to sweep their bitter rivals, the Outlaws came into game 4 against Lethbridge up 3-0 in the series and looking to close it out and send a message to the league. After winning 3 faceoffs in the Anaheim zone, Lethbridge finally broke through and took got a shot passed Soonika, 4:06 of 1st period - Goal by Jules L'Eclair - Lethbridge Lions : 1 - Anaheim Outlaws : 0. There was still plenty of game to go though. Lethbridge wins another faceoff in the Anaheim zone and after a miss send another one into the Outlaws net, 2-0 Lethbridge only 5:33 into the 1st period. Still not discouraged, Outlaws carried on. After 2 faceoff wins in the Lethbridge Zone, Gibbles scores for Anaheim bringing it to 2-1 Lethbridge with 11 minutes still left to go in the 1st period. After pressuring in the Lethbridge zone winning 7 faceoffs over the next 8 minutes, Gibbles finally scored again tying that game up with 2 and half minutes to go in the 1st period. Not satisfied, Anaheim immediately scores a 3rd goal a few moments later and it's Outlaws up 3-2 at the end of the 1st Period. Everything settles down till halfway through the 3rd Period when Lethbridge ties it up 3-3 around the 9 minute mark. Off a faceoff win, missing a few shots, Anaheim scores the game winning goal with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd to seal the series and send their rivals home with a sweep. 

Code:
250 Words

Task #5 - On instagram, my post of the postseason is me and the team all crowding around the 4 Star Cup. After all our hard work and dedication as well as some awesome support from the management on top of everything the team was able to pull what most thought was impossible and bring a championship to Anaheim. Not even an existing team until recent expansion, the General Managers worked their butts off to find a way to make this team something special. It's going to be sad seeing some greats leave, but there's a lot of potential in the young guys and that means we're looking for continued success for the team. I hope to have a championship as a starting goalie but we can only hope it happens until it does. That being said S47 was special and something that I hope we can look back on with fond memories as one of the best moments in Anaheim history. 

Code:
159 words

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

Task #1 - 150 words
So Bobby, that was a disappointing season ending. Can you give us a look into how you're feeling?

Yeah I'm not feeling great you know? It always sucks losing and we thought we were gonna go all the way and here we are on the outside looking in. I can't blame the team or anyone because we all gave it everything we had.

Your time on ice was very low after a hot start in the playoffs by scoring 2 goals in 2 games. What was going on?

Oh ya know the GM came to me and said "Hey Bobby you're playin' like shit we gotta bench ya if we want to win". I of course wasn't happy but I think it was what was best for the team. I mean we still didn't win but I'm not gonna say whether or not the GM was a fucking idiot for making that decision.

Task #2Top 5 Playoff Food Offerings:

1) Montreal - Deep Fried Poutine: God damn who doesn't want some delicious cholesterol induced cardiac arrest? The deep fried poutine tops our list.

2) Anaheim - Whisky Chili: A western flair on this dish makes it a little bit more western themed.

3) Anchorage - Moose's Tooth Pizza: Pizza supplied by a local pizzeria was the highlight of the food offerings in this arena

4) St. Louis - Boneless Ribs - It's not St Louis without some BBQ. These boneless ribs didn't really feel satisfying without gnawing on the remains, but they hit the spot.

5) Vancouver - Blubber? - The Whalers offered some gelatin that was branded as whale blubber. It was tasty, but in really bad taste.

Task #3 155 words

Game 4 of the Vancouver Whalers and the Montreal Militia series was seen to be a possible turning point in the series. After going down 3 games to 0 this was a must win game for the Whalers and they came out ahead. The morale wasn't great after 3 super close losses, but the Vancouver Whalers had the legs this game, barely beating out the Montreal Militia in a very close 3-2 game. There were many heroes of the game: Whalers got scoring from their first line with Petr Mikulak and Borromini Cannellini along with a goal from their trade line acquisition Jimmy Slothface.

After this game the Whalers would come out and win another game against the Militia bringing the series to a very close 2-3 series. Unfortunately the Vancouver Whalers would not have another good game, losing their next game against Montreal and subsequently losing the series and getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Task #4 203 words
Here we go, puck drop for the 3rd period here at Vancouver Center. Elimination game for the Anchorage Armada, match point game for the Whalers. Spencer MacLean versus Borromini Cannellini, Spencer wins it back for the Anchorage Armada. 0-0 game as the Armada move it around in their own zone as the Whalers forecheck aggressively. The Anchorage Armada defenseman Tony Ford readies a drop pass for Kalevi Karhunen as they get ready to exit their zone. Karhunen passes the puck up the wing to Kerr who skates it up the ice. Kerr moves it to MacLean as the Armada move through the neutral zone. MacLean tries to jump around Petr Mikaulk and OH MY GOODNESS! Petr Mikaulk stepped up and absolutely rocked MacLean. Jimmy Slothface scoops up the puck and skates it through the neutral zone. He lets loose a shot on goal that's gobbled up by the Armada goaltender. Face-off to the right of Peter Larson. Aaron Wilson wins the faceoff and shoves it back for Theo Morgan who's stepping into his shot and HE SCOOOOOOOOORES! THEO MORGAN BREAKS THE TIE ON A WICKED SLAPPER THAT BEAT PETER LARSON CLEAN HIGH GLOVE! 44 seconds into the third the Whalers take the lead.

Task #5 :

[Image: jLatQYv.png]

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 02:30 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Gabriel Johnson -  Armada

Task #1:

Speaking to the media this afternoon, Gabe Johnson was evidently disappointed with how everything turned out in the playoffs.

"It's just beyond disappointing. All that effort we put in throughout the regular season just ended up with us having the shortest possible playoffs we could've had. All of us were so amped up for the playoffs and we battled hard in game 1 and 2, but a few lucky bounces went their way and just like that we were 2-0 down. It's real [expletive] deflating in the locker room when you fight so hard only to come up with nothing. You have to give credit to Vancouver, because they came out ready too, but this wasn't a sweep out on the ice. We deserved a lot more so it just sucks to have had it end like that. Anyway. we're gonna get back to training in the off-season and we're gonna come back stronger than ever next year. All our young guys on the team are gonna train hard, and I think we'll be stronger than this season."

Task #2:

Top 5 Defencemen of the Finals:

1st: Oliver Klozoff  Militia : Despite not winning the Four-Star Cup with the Militia, Klozoff had an exceptional playoff run, putting up 4 goals and 22 points for Montreal, 9 of them coming on the powerplay.
2nd: Osbert Whacker  Outlaws : The almost unanimously named best defenceman of the regular season also shone brightly in Anaheim's cup-winning run, putting up 3 goals and 15 points, as well as 26 hits and 25 blocked shots over the 22 average minutes a game that he played.
3rd: Jerry Mander  Outlaws : Whacker's defensive linemate, Mander, who started off the season as a forward, has a great playoffs too, putting up 3 goals and 12 assists, like Whacker.
4th: Corey Kennedy  Outlaws : Playing further down the depth chart than the previous 3 dmen, Kennedy still had an impressive playoff run, putting up 7 goals and 11 points from the blueline, while also contributing a good amount of special teams minutes.
5th: Zarley Zalapski  Militia : Zalapski, the rookie drafted by the Specters just yesterday, had a great run in the playoffs, putting up 2 goals and 11 points during the postseason, while also putting up solid defensive stats.

Task #3

The Turning Point of the Finals: Game 6 in Montreal

Anaheim went into game six of the SMJHL finals knowing they had to put in a hard performance to avoid elimination, and although we all know they won, it didn't come easy. 60 minutes weren't enough to decide if there would be a game 7 in Anaheim, but it was the goal of one man that sealed the passage to a game 7 that the Outlaws went on to win. That man, is Chuck Goody, rookie and third of his name. Goody III went into the game with just a goal and assist over the Outlaws' playoff campaign, but after recovering a loose puck following a block from Zalapski, he managed to shovel the puck past O'Koivu-Volkova to win it, sparking huge celebrations amongst the Outlaw players, while the local Montreal crowd was silenced. Over 39 regular season games, the undrafted Outlaws youngster only had a single goal, with no assists, as he was not a very important piece in the team. Many thought he would be a nobody player who would disappear in the obscurity of the juniors, but alas he did not let it be so. In the S48 SHL Draft on Wednesday, he was selected with the 46th overall pick by the rebuilding Minnesota Chiefs. No doubt that OT winner rose his stock!

Task #4:

Game 7: Montreal vs Anaheim
-Montreal get set for an early powerplay here in Anaheim. Svensson against Westbroek here at the circle...and its Svensson who wins it on the side to Jaguar Johnson, who plays it back to Svensson. Svensson turns and shoots! Just wide of the net, but Tedisko picks it up in front...and SCORES! Ravyn Tedisko the rookie makes it 1-0 Montreal here on the powerplay just 41 seconds into the game!
-We get set here with Montreal taking an early lead in the game. Rockatansky wins the draw and now Gunanr Petrov plays it to Fujikawa. Fujikawa breaks into the zone with speed and puts one on net...and OH HE SCORES! Hiro Fujikawa has his shot slip past O'Koivu-Volkova, who looks up into the sky in frustration at having let that one past him. Just 8 seconds after Tedisko's opener, we have ourselves a 1-1 hockey game!
-Noah Tedla picks the puck up here and tries to move it around the boards but Zalapski breaks it up and moves it to Jaakola. Jaakola goes back to Zalapski, who shimmies into some space before finding Zucker in front who shoots AND SCORES! Hans Zucker in front of the net re-gives the lead to Montreal! 2-1 in the latter end of the 1st period!
-Seger takes it into the Montreal zone here and finds Fujikawa. Fujikawa makes a nice drive and shoots! OFF THE POST! Scramble in front of the net as Rockatansky pick up the loose puck. Rockatansky tries to put it in but Stottson blocks it in front! Kennedy gets to the puck first though and has an attempt! HE SCORES!!! Corey Kennedy just over halfway through the 3rd period has tied it at 2-2! What a hockey game we have on our hands!
-Selman gets it to Mander now. Jerry Mander goes over to Osbert Whacker now. Whacker holds up at the line and gets it to Westbroek, who drives into the zone at speed. Westbroek looks up and sauces it to the front, where Gibbles is there and HE SCORES! Colin Gibbles has scored for Anaheim, and now the Outlaws hold their first lead of this game 7, with under half of the 3rd to go! Incredible stuff!

Task #5:

Gabe Johnson was beyond deflated following the conclusion of game 4 of their round 2 game against Vancouver, a game in Anchorage that saw the Armada get swept by the Whalers. He barely spoke to anyone, even his brother Darnell Johnson. Not feeling up to hanging around the team due to his sorrows, he spent the night after he got home awake beyond the rise of the sun, listening to music in the dark like a high schooler who just had their crush reject them. The next day, however, some of Johnson's childhood friends who were in town all the way from Montreal to watch the game, came to his house. They all had brooms in hand and were poking fun at Johnson for the elimination as he begrudgingly welcomed them into his house. Despite initial rage towards the taunts, Johnson saw the light side of things, and realized that dwelling on the game wouldn't do him any good. That's what led to his Instagram post a day later: a photo of Johnson's friends sweeping a laughing Gabe across the floor. Laughter can be an essential cure.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

TASK: 1
Reproter: Haley Knight how are you? I wanted to start off by asking you about your teams playoff hopes. You guys have Detroit in round 1 and it looks like it’ll be a tough go. What are your thoughts on Facing Detroit.

Haley Knight: Games in this league are never easy. Overall I think we can make a real push, but every day and game is different so all we can do is prepare and execute our game plan. 

Reporter: You guys had a good season against the Falcons. You must be Hopeful to upset in round 1?

H.K: Ya I think we went 3-2 against them this season which is great but playoffs is another thing. It doesn’t matter what the first 50 games were when you start the playoffs.

Reporter: anything you need to focus on when playing Detroit?

H.K: they can score more than us but their D is like ours, young and inexperienced, some veterans, that can be a weak point that we may exploit, but it won’t be easy

R: thank you Haley and good luck.

Task: 5

[Image: ojVmdfo.jpg]

[Image: wr69jpx.jpg]
raiders Renegades

Task #1
Interviewer: Well Raphael, the Armada was going through a heavy season of rebuilding and it was obviously going to be rough on this young core but you made it through. Do you think this core can do well in the playoffs?

Raphael: No reason to believe we can’t. Obviously we would have preferred the regular season ended differently but no use dwelling on that. I think that this group has gelled together nicely and I think that we could do some serious damage in the playoffs
Interviewer: The Armada series against the Whalers has not been kind to the Armada. You haven’t won against them all year, what do you believe is going to be different here?

Raphael: The team is more experienced now. Other rookies and myself are much more used to pace and play of the junior league and we are ready for our most serious contests yet. With Cloutier and Xena still up front, we can make some noise.

Task #2
Top 5 Armada Pre-Playoff Game Rituals
1)   Olivier Cloutier – Being originally from France, Olivier is used to the finer things in life. For his pre-game rituals, Olivier spends his time singing classical music in the traditional French language. He says it helps him relax considering the game at hand.
2)   Gabriel Johnson – Gabriel, while often a chatty soul, is exceptionally serious when game time comes around. Before games, he would start dribbling and juggling a European football while listening to pump up music. The other rookies know best to just leave him alone in this state.
3)   Raphael d’Alcott - d’Alcott has arguably had to work harder than any Anchorage Rookie to prove his worth. He takes his responsibilities very seriously, seen in his pre-game ritual of meditation. He looks almost inactive, but he is thinking of his task at hand
4)   Darnell Johnson – Darnell can often be found standing on his head before games. A practitioner of both Yoga and Gymnastics, Darnell says that this gives him clarity and clears his mind of worries.
5)   Spencer MacLean – Being one of the veterans in the locker room, Spencer almost feels like a dad taking care of his children. As part of his ritual, he invites the rookies out of his jog around the stadium to warm them up and to chat with them, checking their condition.

Task #3 – Game 7, Gibbles Cup Clincher
These finals were a back and forth series that was almost impossible to bear for some. Whenever a series goes 7 games, you know that both teams will be giving it 100% to come out victorious, especially when the cup is on the line. That being said, it looked as if the Montreal Militia were going to walk away with the cup on this occasion. Up until the 3rd period, it seemed like Anaheim couldn’t get anything going (except for Hiro Fujikawa). They just looked lost out there as Montreal seemed to dance around them and control play with ease. The shots were heavily in Montreal’s favour and Anaheim just seemed content to commit stupid penalties. Then the third period happened and the Outlaws woke up to fight again. Corey Kennedy’s brilliant game tying goal was already a stunner but no one was prepared for what happened next. Oscar Whacker took it from behind the next and charged forward into the neutral zone. As the Militia tried to shut him down, Whacker placed a perfect pass on the stick of Westbroek, who spun past the last defender and passed it to Gibbles who gave the Slap-Shot of his life to score the cup clincher.

Task #4

Task #5
Despite not lighting the lamp as much as he wanted to this year, Raphael d’Alcott in the playoffs showed the level of potential he had. His hard work had put him on the 2nd line alongside Eko Van Otter and Spencer MacLean and on that line, he flashed his brilliance. His two Power-Play goals against the Whalers showed that he could be a clutch performer when called upon. d’Alcott informed fans via Instagram that he was using his offseason for something very important to him, a personal project. He then uploaded a video of himself into Instagram, beating his personal weight lifting record. The caption that followed read thusly:
“A true sportsman is always training, always hungry to be the best in the world. My first season in the J was more than I ever had anticipated but if I am to continue in this league and the SHL afterwards, I need to get stronger and tougher. Anchorage has been very kind to me and I thank you for all your support this season. Go Boats Go!”

10,000 Anchorage fans liked the video and posted encouraging messages. Not bad, Cottsy, Not bad at all.

Task #1

Reporter: Being a rookie, it must be more than a thrill to contribute to a finals participant. Do you think you’ll fare well against the #2 seed Montreal Militia and does the pressure of being in the finals phase you?

Tedla: It’s certainly a cool experience, and to say that I’m not nervous would be a bit of a lie, but the pressure doesn’t really phase me. Sure, this is new to me, as well as Nick [Connolly], but we’ve contributed to the team’s success, and just dethroned the back-to-back-to-back champions. If we can do that, I think we could take on anyone. I feel pretty confident, and I have no doubt in my mind that anyone else in the locker room would say the same. They might be the #2 seed, but all that means is we’ll have to take one on the road if we want to win the series. Did it against St. Louis, we’ll do it again.

Task #2

Top 5 Noteworthy People In Attendance

Anna Kendrick – Was at game 3 in Anaheim, invited by the one and only Mr. Gibbles as he would later propose to her after a 5-3 victory for the hosts.

Jason Kelce – If anyone knows an underdog, it’s him. Having fellow Philly kid, Noah Tedla’s back, he saw himself attending games 3, 4, and 6 cheering on the Outlaws

Canadian Armed Forces Vets – Well, what would the militia be without its militia?

Toah Nedla (fan rendition) – After hearing about what happened in the Outlaws’ locker room, how could the Anaheim fans not have their fun?

SHL scouts – With some exciting S48 draftees in this series, such as Nick Connolly, Noah Tedla, Zarley Zalapski (etc.), the 4-Star Cup Final was a place for scouts to see who they should look to add to their team on draft day 

Task #3

Game 3 of the 4-Star Cup was a statement made by the Outlaws. After splitting the road trip with a game 2 win, they needed to prove that it was no fluke and they’re here to perform. Keeping a disciplined game up, Anaheim really made Montreal feel their presence, letting them know they were there with 21 hits, and put their bodies on the line with 10 blocked shots. With the game tied at 2 entering the third, the stars showed up, and goals from Hiro Fujikawa, Chuck Goody III, and Corey Kennedy on an empty net game the Outlaws a 5-3 victory and a 2-1 series lead. It was everything you could’ve asked out of them, and it’s important that the level of play remains consistent for the rest of the series if the team wanted to continue making history and see their first cup win in franchise history.

Task #4

(Ravyn Tedisko PP goal)

The faceoff will commence with the Militia on the PP after Corey Kennedy takes a minor for holding. It will be Kristoffer Svensson vs. Martijn Westbroek on the draw…..which is won by Svensson, who now finds Jaguar Johnson. The two continue passing back and forth. Svensson FIRES and misses but the puck is picked up by Ravyn Tediskoooooo and it’s 1-0 Montreal Militia. No time wasted, the Militia score in 10 seconds, and the home fans are loving it here in game 7 of the 4-Star Cup Final.

(Hiro Fujikawa ties it at 1)

Now at center, it’s Keegan Angello and Mark Rockatansky. It appears Angello is ejected and Heikki Jaakola will take his place. Rockatansky wins the faceoff and finds Gunnar Petrov. Petrov lays it off to a darting Hiro Fujikawa who enters the zone and scooooooooores. What an absolute snipe of a shot that was and just like that, this game is tied. Two goals in 8 seconds, we might have ourselves a wild game on our hands.

(Hans Zucker restores Montreal’s lead)

James Trung receives a pass entering the Outlaws zone and dumps it in to allow his team to change. It’s the fourth line and third pairing on the ice as Tibuk Soonika stops the puck behind the net. Kristers Dzelme picks it up an finds Noah Tedla. Tedla flies into the Militia zone but a cross-ice pass gets intercepted by Keegan Angello. Angello finds his pass intercepted, too, and Seemu Telanne finds Tedla. Entering the Militia zone again is Tedla and oh my word, he’s passed it right into the stick of Zarley Zalapski. 3-on-1 for Montreal…….scoooooooooooore. Hans Zucker has his fourth of the playoffs and the hosts lead again.

(Klutch Kennedy ties it in the third)
A dump-in from Collin Gibbles is retrieved by Aleksi O’Koivu-Volkova. He breaks it out to Oliver Klozoff who exits the zone, but Corey Kennedy is there to intercept a pass in the neutral zone. A pass to Hiro Fujikawa helps the Outlaws reset, and he finds Seger who enters the zone. He finds Fujikawa trailing him and SHOOTS. OFF THE PIPE. What a chance for the Outlaws as the bar is still rattling. Rockatansky picks up the puck and he fires one that’s blocked by Stolp Skottson. Corey Kennedy picks it up and he shoots and FINDS THE BACK OF THE NET. After sustained pressure creates a couple of chances, Kennedy ties the game with 8:39 left in the period.

(Gibbles’ go-ahead goal wins the series for the Outlaws)

Offensive zone faceoff for the Outlaws, and it’s Svensson vs. Westbroek yet again. Svensson wins the faceoff and here come the Militia. Svensson finds Tedisko and might’ve found the Outlaws caught napping. Tedisko carries the puck all the way into the offensive zone and passes it to Zarley Zapalski. Zapalski waits and decides to pass to a wiiiiiide open Svensson who shoots. MISSED THE NET and here come the Outlaws on a counter-attack. Lallo Selman picks up the puck and finds Jerry Mander in the neutral zone. Mander enters the Militia zone and finds Osbert Whacker, who surveys the ice to see that the Milita’s skaters have caught up with the play. He lays it off to Collin Gibbles. Gibbles finds Westbroek and he plays catch in the offensive zone with Whacker. Westbroek gets on the puck and finds Gibbles in the crease…..and SCORES. 2 goals in 1:24 puts the Outlaws in front and the crowd has gone completely silent.

Task #5

Immediately after the Outlaws won the cup, those who were sober enough from the madness in the locker room (led by the drunk Dutchman known as Martijn Westbroek) headed over to the Saloon. After the team celebrations, Noah Tedla got the opportunity to travel back to Philly. Now, what type of person would Tedla be to not celebrate with the big guy cheering him on when the Outlaws are playing at home. Maybe Toah Nedla would do such a thing, but Noah would never turn his back on his teammates or his fans. The Philly native heads back home to celebrate with friends and family, and even hosts a party. Even reciting the famous speech that Jason Kelce delivered after the Eagles won SB LII, Tedla has a whale of a time with the people he cares with most. Brotherly love in a lovely city, you could not write a better script than this.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland