Create Account

S48 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it? Use it pretty much every day.
On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that? 7 or 8, going back to school in the Fall, but activity won't drop too much.
What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues? Was in the SBA for a little bit, not jobs there. But I'm on the HoF Committee and was SHL Media Grader Head.
What do you enjoy outside of sim leagues? What are your hobbies/interests? Just chilling and playing sports.
What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs? Somebody like Jacob Slavin, who can throw the body and keep the momentum going during the game.
Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL? 2-4 seasons
You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick? Good KID MAAD City, Narcos Season 1 and The Batman Trilogy
Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have? Sure
Is there anything else you’d like us to know?

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
Yes! I'm actually still in the Raptors discord from my last player.

On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that?
9.5-10! I might be a little less active once my work starts up full time, however.

What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues?
I've had previous experience in this one, the GOMHL and the NSHL. I held a co-GM/GM job for Seattle (now known as Tampa Bay) for five seasons.

What do you enjoy outside of sim leagues? What are your hobbies/interests?
I enjoy listening to and finding new music, playing video games, and watching hockey.

What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs?
I'm looking to build a player who can drive plays forward and support my teammates as best he can.

Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL?
I'm okay with staying down however long I need to. If my SHL GM(s) say that I need to stay down a season or two more, then I'm perfectly fine with that as well.

You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick?
Some seasons of It's Always Sunny, Weezer's White Album, and some seasons of Broad City!

Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
Sure! I'm always happy to answer Smile

Thank you for the opportunity to possibly play for your team!

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
Absolutely, discord is the wave these days. 

On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that?
7.5 not as of now, but of course you'd let someone know when something like that happens.

What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues?
None.

I play NHL 19 on LG, big into NBA 2K, and I like long walks on the beach.

What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs?
I want to be a top line forward and a high contributor to team success. I know this kinda thing doesn't usually happen year 1, but with patience from team management, I think this is a very real possibility. And ofcourse, team always comes before personal accolades. 

Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL?
I want to be down for a longer stint than usual, so 3-5 would be ideal for me.

You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick?
Forrest Gump, The Office, and Kendrick Lamars DAMN album.

Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
Absolutely Id be interested.

[Image: gwqAQWG.png]
Player Updates | Player Page
Credit to @Mayuu for the graphic

1. We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
    I am Discord quite a bit.
  2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that?
  3. What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues?
    No previous experience.
  4. What do you enjoy outside of sim leagues? What are your hobbies/interests?
    Video games, ttrpgs, cars, running
  5. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs?
    Jamie Been and possibly
  6. Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL?
    3 seasons
  7. You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick?
    True Detective Season 1, Heat, Sirens of the Sea by OceanLab
  8. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
    Yes
  9. Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
    No

[Image: flickerstrikemeta.gif]
[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png][Image: PPpK5xb.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]
Image by @BDonini

Yes I use it.

Two previous SHL players.

I love hockey and basketball. I play guitar and sing in a band, and I play DnD at least once per week.

A goal scoring d-man, but also defensively responsible.

My previous players stayed in junior as long as possible, and I don't mind doing that again.

Album: Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Movie: Pulp Fiction. Season 1 of Firefly.

Sure

I've always been pretty good about hitting the junior cap, and being an effective player here. My previous struggles to maintain my players have come when I've entered the SHL.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Is anyone not on Discord? If you're not on Discord, you're weird.

10. I've been a sim league-er for 2 years. It's time for me to finally give it all I've got.

I was a GM many times and failed every time. NSFL, PBE, EFL, SBA, I've had jobs in all of those. I've been in those and GOMHL and SHL. As I said, I've been doing sim leagues for 2 years. I'm experienced.

I do music. I also write about the Chicago Fire and Chicago Red Stars on a FanSided site.

Sniper. Why would I change my build to help a minors team? Just, no offense but that's not the final goal here. I want my player to be the best that I believe them to be and that will be as a sniper. If you have suggestions for me as a sniper, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'm not changing who Rocky is.

I want to build up enough TPE to be Rookie of the Year when I join the SHL. So, I might actually go max. We'll see.

A Flare Gun, A First Aid Kit, A Cell Phone, and A Boat

Sure. I like Discord better tho.

I like anime, but am not a weeb. Why won't anyone believe me?
[Image: tumblr_pjr04jWu3x1tm1dgio2_540.gif]

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 06:35 PM by ckenny45.)

1. We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it?
    Yes, I do! 
  2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that?
    Um, I guess a 6 to a 7? Only circumstances would be me not understanding how this system works and I lose interest. It's pretty hard. 
  3. What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues?
    I am an active user in an Xbox One Madden League. No, just a player. But I enjoy doing write-ups. 
    Keep pretty active (hockey, weights and jiu-jitsu), chillen with my girlfriend and dog, movies'n shit. 
  5. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs?
    A goal scorer. I am open to change. 
  6. Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL?
    1-3... depends on how much I enjoy playing. 
  7. You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick?
    Book(s) - Game of Thrones compilation, Video Game - MLB the Show 19, Show - All seasons of the Simpsons 
  8. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have?
    Sure
    Help me figure this out, please  

06-05-2019, 08:49 PMCFJ Wrote: We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it? Yes I do
On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that? I'd say about a 7 almost done with school
What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues? None at all first experience hopefully I'll learn fast seems to be lots of fun,
What do you enjoy outside of sim leagues? What are your hobbies/interests? Play hockey mostly and chill with friends
What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs? Kinda like Kaako hence the name or Barkov as I hope to develop a defensive side of my game and help out both ways while being a strong forechecker.
Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL? No idea I guess 2-4 seasons
You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick? Take Care by Drake, season 5 of the office, and Miracle On Ice
Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have? Sure

Yeah, no sweat I use group me for other things. I don't mind getting discord.

7-8/10. I'm in the middle of a move right now, but I don't see it affecting much. We're taking a few weeks to do it.

N/A

I like to play flag football. I play defensive line (its a contact flag league, lots of fun) Golfing is cool too but im horrible, I play a lot of poker, and bass guitar but rarely at the same time. Some DnD and AoS. Video games. Beer, Pot. The usual shits haha.

strong nose defense, tough to move off the puck, great facilitator, and yup more than happy to do whatever the squad needs.

At least 3, possibly 4-5! I guess it would depend on a few things, and whether the SHL squad wants me yet or not.

Oh fuck man. That sounds rough. Two flesh lights and a volley ball net is what comes to mind first.

yeah hmu!

I'm hoping to bench over 200 lbs before the end of summer

I don’t use discord a lot. I would start using it.
I would probably be a 3-4. I will be on vacation over the summer.
I haven’t been with a sim league before.
I enjoy honors Bio. I also run track for my high school.
I am looking to build an mvp caliber player.
I’m going to take it one season at a time.
A bio textbook, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, and The Lion King soundtrack
Sure.
I was the mvp of honors Bio.

• I do have discord and use it heavily for gaming, EHM, etc and I plan on using it heavily to communicate with teammates and the league.
    • I would say at any given time im likely to be between an 8-10. We all get busy but I definitely have my stuff in order and have the free time to put into this community. So far its great and I want to see the full extent of what this game and community have to offer.
    • I have been a part of Eastside Hockey Manager online leagues for about 4-5 years at this point and have been very diligent about being active. I have held admin type roles in that league such as simming, saving, etc.
    • Outside of sim leagues I obviously love hockey. The NJ Devils to be exact. I also am into baseball, gaming, my pets, golfing, food, and traveling.
    • I am looking to build a solid 200 foot Two way defenseman which emphasizes skating, defence, and passing to help drive plays as well as be responsible in my own zone. I would be open to modifying my player to help out the team but hope to keep the core build of my player fairly close to what it is (If it is effective in this sim league)
    • Depending on how fast my player develops, I am hoping to spend between 2-3 season in the SMJHL. Unless my player explodes in TPE and funding and there is a real desire to get Heat into the SHL.
    • I would choose video games, a book, and a Movie.
    • Of course, message any time

[Image: vJYEVOX.png]

1. We have a heavy Discord presence. Do you use Discord? If not, would you be willing to get it? I do, can't say for certain how often I'd be on it with work and family.
  2. On a scale of 1-10, how active do you anticipate being? Are there any upcoming circumstances that you can foresee affecting that?  7-8.  I've been on the site a lot since I joined, but being active duty Navy there may be times where I can't get on the site.
  3. What past experience, if any, do you have with other sim leagues? Have you held any leadership roles/jobs in those leagues? I do, was GM with a EHM league(free version).  Was part of the "Trade Committee"
  4. What do you enjoy outside of sim leagues? What are your hobbies/interests?  Playing with my kids(Two boys), relaxing with my wife, playing hockey, playing video games
  5. What kind of player are you looking to build and how can we help you achieve that? Are you open to changing your build to suit team needs?  Two-Way Playmaker.  Yes I would
  6. Most players average 2-3 seasons in the SMJHL, with the max being 5 seasons. How many seasons do you plan/hope to be in the SMJHL? 3 Seasons
  7. You're trapped on a desert island for a year with only three pieces of media to amuse yourself (an album, movie, book, or season of a TV show, etc). What do you pick?  Joe Ledger Series (books), Band of Brothers (TV Series), Breaking Benjamin Ember
  8. Would you be interested in a follow up PM to answer any additional questions we may have? Yes
  9. Is there anything else you’d like us to know?  Not off the top of my head

Yes
6, due to me editing NHL rosters and modding NHL 09.
None that I remember.
Playing NHL games, listening to music, drawing
A sniper that knows how to score. Maybe put me on the second line and make my way up to the first line. Possibly.
About 4
NHL 08, The Hockey News' yearly NHL yearbook and clips from the 2008-09 NHL season.
I guess.
Not really.

06-03-2019, 12:32 PMhhh81 Wrote:
Quote:
Yes I do.
8, nope none.
Yes I ran the EFL before Shaka made it shit.
Sports, music
A damn good goalie
2-3
The Office boxset, Soundgarden album and Pretty Much Everything by DDC
Yes, sure.
I'm cool.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

yes

yes

kerchooing

i am speed

my nose

no, im not gonna be able to answer

im cool