Create Account

S48 PT #1 - SHL Draft Kit S48

Code:
After the Hype report:
Every player develops at different rates after arriving in the league, and some require a bit more seasoning than others. create a report on players you believe are now past their hype peaks but still shouldn’t be forgotten on draft day.

Former Dragon Super-Stars Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus were in their primes when they played for the Dragons, but are now both on New Orleans and while most would say they are past their primes, I think they both have a lot left in the tank. It'd be foolish to overlook Joe and Roman on draft day. First and foremost they went to the Esa Anrikkanen school of regression so they know how to remain effective even when they get a bit long in the tooth, or in their case, long in the waistline. This claim is supported by their productive pre-seasons in which they posted 46 and 44 points respectively. This was good for top 3 on the team. Roman Augustus led the team in pre-season goals with 22 and Joe K led the team in pre-season assists with 30. Clearly they both still have it, even if some would say they are past their primes and on the decline, their former GM knows to never overlook or underestimate them. @JKortesi81 @TheDangaZone

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 04:16 PM by Jenny.)

Here at the SHL Hockey Guide, we're pretty sure everyone knows this shit, but if your SHL fantasy league values the heavy hitters and enforcers of the league - which it does, because that is in fact how SHL fantasy works - then you should absolutely be snapping up Mike Izzy of the Calgary Dragons as soon as possible. In this preseason before S48, he laid a fuckin' huge 223 hits and racked up 80 PIM - the second-highest total in the league for both of those stats. He doesn't slack offensively either, so he's a value pick for the points as well, scoring 64 points for THIRD overall in the league. Now that's a power forward! Get this guy on your fantasy roster, and if you're unlucky enough to be on the ice when Izzy is - get the fuck out of the way or you are liable to get a taste of the plexiglass. @Mike Izzy

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 05:11 PM by bk1689.)

Where to get your Hits and Blocks in the draft:
Here we offer our take on who to target for your Hits and Blocks during your draft.

For hits this season for fantasy there are 3 main guys you should be looking for on your team. 2 come as no surprise while 1 of them is a newcomer.

Viktor Marius @karey Stampede - 228 hits in preseason - As I said, Marius comes as no surprise here. H'es a bigy body and loves throwing it around. You won't be disappointed by taking him.

Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy Dragons - 223 hits in preseason - Another safe pick here, Izzy is always up top of the leaderboard for hits and continues to prove his dominance this past preseason and shows he's still a very viable pick.

Lil Manius @Bonk Jets - 213 hits in preseason - Here we have a new contender in Lil Manius. He showed he's no slouch and came into this preseason with a vengenace. Look for it to continue into the regular season.

For blocks, they seem wide open this year, as we have 3 people in the top 3 that weren't even in the top 10 last season.

Zander Rhys @thepandaya Stars - 97 blocks in preseason - Rhys plays for a team that gives up a fair amount of shots, luckily they have him out there acting as a second goaltender to defend against some of them.

Troy McClure III @Troy_McClure03 Jets - 91 blocks in preseason - You may remember him from films such as "Shot Blockers" and "Shot Blockers 2: This Time It's Personal", McClure III is on a Winnipeg team that is near the top of the chart in shtos given up and is not afraid to put his body on the line.

Fredrich Koenig @teztify syndicate - 89 blocks in preseason - No surprise here, another team that is in the upper half of the league for shots given up makes another appearance. Koenig goes out with reckless abandon and has even been known to use his face to get in the way of the puck.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Code:
SHL sleepers and undervalued players:
We give you some sleepers to pursue and value picks to consider in the upcoming league drafts.
Yours truly, Dick Clapper, drafted 37th overall by the New England Wolfpack in the S46 Draft is a true sleeper. Purchasing equipment every season and training every week I am steadily gaining TPE, currently close to 750. I have found myself on the second line of a rebuilding team, but could easily be slotted into the third line of a cup contender. This preseason, I had 31 points (14 goals, 17 assists) which slotted me in at 5th highest on the team. I even had a hat-trick one game! Last season I finished at 21 points, so in just the off-season alone, before I had even purchased equipment, I improved significantly. As the regular season gets underway, I should score at least a minimum of 40 points, if not closer to 50 depending on how my season goes. As the seasons go by, and mock redrafts are done, it should be no surprise to see me be retaken at a much higher position in the second round.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
Bold SHL predictions:
This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.

Boldest Predictions looking forward to next season we have Slothface, and Miika Salo. Rookie of the Year candidates that are far from being the top contenders, but they both have great chance at it. Slothface looks like a great player who could get the job done depending on how he does during the season. Miika Salo one of the best Defenders in the League recently named Detroit Falcons captain. He could be a top guy to look forward to if he does make it to the SHL this season. He could get called up in the middle of the season to fit into the middle of an SHL Team Lineup. These 2 look like Bold Predictions to win Rookie of the Year.

Bold prediction has been teams going for San Francisco to win it all, as it has happened that a unexpected team wins a Championship, but it is still a very bold prediction at that.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM by foehammer007.)

Looking at two rookies that are making their debuts for the first time this season for the San Francisco Pride, Left Winger Nathan Explosion and Right Winger Filip Zadina. We will go quickly over their last season in the SMJHL and how their pre-season stats look before the regular season picks up.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Nathan Explosion working out before the start of Season 48's preseason

Nathan Explosion( @micool132 )

Starting with the Left winger Nathan Explosion who played for the Kelowna Knights during his last season in the SMJHL. He stands at a tall 6’4, weighing in around 222 lbs and he knows how to use his body on the ice as he loves hitting and using his size to his advantage.

He was drafted during the Season 46 draft, getting picked first in the third round. It was a stacked draft, but Nathan could easily be a huge steal for that position in the draft. During his last season with the Knights, he posted a healthy 12 goals with 16 assists for a total of 28 points. While not the best on the team, he worked over other teams as he posted a league leading high for hits smashing 139 bodies before the seasons end.

During the Season 48 preseason, Nathan played on the third line and posted 3 goals with 6 assists for a total of 9 points, a nice showing for his first venture into the SHL. He also had 109 hits posted, while not league topping an absolute nice showing for his first time playing in the SHL.

[Image: tumblr_pa2o8zU8On1qh5f04o2_540.gif]
Filip Zadina speaking before the Season 47 draft

Filip Zadina ( @jjlangabeer )

Looking next, we will look at Nathan’s San Francisco Pride team mate Filip Zadina who played for the St. Louis Scarecrows during his final SMJHL season. Playing on the Right Wing he stands 6’0 tall, weighing around 196 lbs. Definitely more of an offensive focused player but not shy from being physical.

Filip was picked up during the Season 47 draft, being picked 4th overall in the first round, clearly a high prospect that the Pride were looking for. Coming off his last season for the Scarecrows, he posted 19 goals and 21 assists for 40 points overall. He ranked 3rd overall during the season for shots taken at 168, 4th for Points per 20 minutes with 1.06 P/20 and had the most Hat Tricks in the league with 2.

He played on the same line as Nathan during the Season 48 pre-season, slotting in the right wing as he put up 6 goals and 4 assists for 10 points overall. Showing some promise, he will look to continue to gel with his line mates as it seems like the lines will not change too much for the regular season.

Overall, both players have high potential of being a huge asset for their team with each showing their own flavor of play. It’s only a matter of time to tell how their regular season will play out but it is looking promising for the Pride.

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 07:34 PM by bilbo.)

Code:
SMJHL prospects to draft and stash:
Want to get a leg up on them good young players in the juniors? Hockey News looks at the prospects to target currently playing in the SMJHL.
A couple young guns are going to quickly take the SHL by storm. Looking at the farthest team in the west, captain of the Anchorage Armada, Olivier Cloutier ( @Jenny ) is doing great in his leadership role despite the Armada landing 8th in the preseason standings for season 48. Don't let that fact keep your eyes off Cloutier who will soon make his name in the SHL coming off 56 points, 28 goals and assists alike, and keeping consistent with 48 points last preseason. Tony Ford ( @Fordyford ) is also one to watch from the Armada despite his strong stance against the co-GM of his future IIHF team. Ford's got guts and putting up 32 points and 56 shots blocked for the Armada in the preseason ain't bad.

Looking at players that SHL GMs should be keeping their eyes on, two rookies come to mind from the Halifax Raiders. Cody ( @Winter is Coming ) and Wyatt Ruschkoff ( @Sand ). Both contributed to goals in the preseason with Cody leading the pack. You don't need a last name when you get 31 points and 57 hits in your rookie season, earning you a spot on the second line. Wyatt's also been seen training a lot, so watch out for these two.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Code:
Bold SHL predictions:
This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.

Prediction: New England Wolfpack will win the Challenge Cup. They have the absolute worst record in the league in the preseason, which means they have nowhere to go but up, and they are so far down that they will rocket upward in the ranks, overshooting the leading team by a long shot. It's just simple spring physics. Also, they would win if the league played by golf rules, so I'm really going to be pushing for that this season. The team also had the most goals allowed and largest differential in the league. So, they're the best at something and they have the largest gap of goals allowed to goals scored (never mind that it's a negative differential). And lastly, if you combine and rearrange all the letters of the names of each player on the roster, you can get this message out of it: "Yeah we suck, but we're gonna win, so suck ił. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbccccccccccddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijjkkllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnooooooooooooooooopppppppppqqrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssstttttttttttttttuvvvxxyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzz" There's a lot of unused letters, but you get the point.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Bold SHL predictions:

Casimir Stevens @Daco is rejoining the league?

Poor Casimir Stevens, seemingly fired from the league. He hasn't been seen at all since his scandal with the Chiefs a while ago. It is unknown where he is or if he is still alive on the site. If he returns to the league, he might return under a new username under a new IP address and play. Perhaps he currently is playing in S48, and no one knows. If so, we can potentially discuss who Casimir might really be. However, I do not wish to ruin any member's reputation here, so I will not. More evidence is needed to see if Casimir is playing undetected within the league or is gone for good. If something is reported, we can expect HO to jump all over it, research everything thoroughly, and then ban the entire league for being Casimir. What if we're all Casimir's puppets and no one knows? An investigation is needed. Now.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Quote:After the Hype report:
Every player develops at different rates after arriving in the league, and some require a bit more seasoning than others. create a report on players you believe are now past their hype peaks but still shouldn’t be forgotten on draft day.

There is one player who has been in the league for a while and has really taken off and then sputtered out at times. However, overall, he's been incredibly consistent and strong on the puck and shown that he has flashes of brilliance. I'm talking about Reginald Rove, who was an early pick in the JayWhy Era of Manhattan and joined the team early in the rebuild. He was a player who slowly worked his way up the line-up from third to second to first line left wing and has been a major leader for the Rage. Ultimately, at this point in his career, the hype has died down quite a bit, but those in Manhattan know he's the heart and soul of the team and the guy who really drives the play. If we're looking for people who have truly arrived as a star, Rove is the guy now playing alongside Matthew Auston who will be taking off and taking over very soon. @Yurt6

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

PBE PT Names Dieselj123 on PBE

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

No player is more undervalued than the Buffalo Stampede's own Samuel Jalopski (@ThatDamnWalrus).

Some people call him a pylon. Some people may see his stats and wonder what he's really doing on the roster. Some people may think he looks slow, sluggish and not really all that adept at handling the puck.

And those people would probably be right. But they're forgetting one thing. Something that won't show up in the pre-season stats and won't be heard outside the team; this is a pylon you build your team around. A locker room presence such as this isn't something to scoff at. We're talking the kind of player that gets others to really rally to a cause. If you were to remove Jalopski, is there still a S46 cup with Buffalo? Who knows, but what is certain is that Samuel Jalopski was a big part of that effort, and will continue to be for this upcoming season.

As I'm advocating for someone to be included into the fantasy guide for their intangibles, I suppose I'm also advocating for the whole Fantasy structure to include points for intangibles. Good luck quantifying that.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

Code:
Code:
Bold SHL predictions:

A lot of people in this league are predicting the Minnesota Chiefs as finishing last or dead near dead last in the whole league in predictions. I have seen a couple of people also say as the bold prediction as well but I genuinely disagree with this majority ruling and think the Chiefs can actually make the play-offs this season. I think it they would have a small chance in play-offs of going far but that will be difficult for the Chiefs to accomplish but play-offs can be obtained if pre-season was anything to go by as they finished 3rd in the conference and had 142 goals against through all the games which places them as one of the better defensive teams. It may not be the boldest claim to say they will go far but I genuinely believe they will so let us go full delusion and say they will win it all by not conceding a single goal in the play-offs!

[163 words long]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

5 Bold Predictions for the S48 Season:
1. The New England Wolfpack regress and find with an even smaller points haul that S47. The East is undoubtedly the strongest conference coming into the season and the Wolfpack is full of young players. Unfortunately that means growing pains for them.
2. The Chiefs will make the playoffs despite their punishment. Yes they lost a few key players and were unable to sign free agents. Point is, they have the top end talent to carry this team to the post-season.
3. West Kendall will repeat as cup champs. They’re aging and everyone expects them to regress out of the playoffs but the fact is, they’re built for the playoffs. They won’t wow you on the ice any more than they have to but will get the job done. They are a well oiled winning machine.
4. Jason Visser will win the scoring title once more. If pre-season is any indicator, Visser is coming into S48 in great shape and will be the heavy favourite when it comes to regular season scoring. He could set his sights on entering the Top 10 all-time scoring this season.
5. We get a drama free S48. Look, we all know that drama can occur at any given moment during the season and we’re never too far away from another scandal. However, this is the season where no drama will occur and the running will be smooth. There definitely won’t be any….. and we’ve got drama.

(250 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

SHL sleepers and undervalued players:
We give you some sleepers to pursue and value picks to consider in the upcoming league drafts.

When we talk about fantasy hockey sleepers, there is only one name that comes to mind: Alex Andani. A once promising young prospect had his career derailed by poor management decisions. After being undervalued by the New England Wolfpack during the recent expansion draft, New Orleans seized the opportunity to bring him onboard. However, once again, Andani found himself in a bottom 6 role that did not allow him to flourish as he did in the juniors. This resulted in a power move by Tampa Bay GMs, JSS and Jepox, to pick up Andani from New Orleans before the open market had free reign over enticing his services. Since joining the Barracudas Andani has not missed a step and has thrived in his new top 6 role. He barreled through the pre-season at almost a point per game pace and should continue this production right through the regular season. The Barracudas are poised to be one of the teams to beat this season, and Andani should play a major role in that. Thus, he should be owned in every fantasy league out there.

@Carbine

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]