Create Account

S48 PT #2 - The SHL Network

My idea for a show on SHL Network would be called Hockey Ninja Warrior, like a spin-off of American Ninja Warrior. We would take the fittest SHL stars, like Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy and Mikhail Lokitonov @ml002 and see how they would fare in a grueling obstacle course and upper body test. Perhaps to add some SHL flare, there could be some obstacles on-ice that involve skating, which perhaps only a hockey player could compete with. They could also add some back stories before each player's run so that the viewers get to know these SHL stars better off the ice and learn some personal things about them that they wouldn't learn during a hockey game. The show would run for an hour, as I don't think we would have the amount of contestants as the actual American Ninja Warrior show to warrant a two hour time slot, but I feel as though the show would draw enough viewers to warrant a night-time slot around 6 PM Eastern time.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

We should have a show on SHL network called Hockey Chefs, where players compete to see who can cook the best food based on their own family recipes. Judges could be HO members and referees, so that they're independent, and it could be an hour long show. Maybe there could be some celebrity cameos from guys like Gordon Ramsay, that way we could get it in 8 PM eastern prime time slot. I'd like to see some SHL stars like Jason Visser @ToeDragon84 and Gary Grease @FlappyGiraffe on there, I think the Jets would be excellent cooks to put on there to kick the show off. They just have excellent personalities and I think that would be the key to making the show entertaining and a fun battle. Winners could maybe get like some bonus money and media attention to make it worth appearing on the show, all publicity is good publicity really.

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

My idea for SHL Network content isn't a traditional show, more accurately it is a live experience.  The premise is simple, the SHL network crew barges in on SHL players in the middle of the night and broadcasts the antics live, then we produce a trimmed down version to air during the day.  Viewers are told what city we're visiting on any given night so they can tune in live at 2am local for the uncut 30 minute event, or more casual viewers can watch the cleaned up 15 minute version the next day.

There are a few key details that make the show more plausible.  First off, we never barge in before a game since players need their rest, but rather we barge in on nights where they have just played so they are more relaxed and maybe a bit boozed up.  Second, we have two personalities during every barge in, one is a retired player that we select to be the show's main host and the other is a teammate of the target so there is some familiarity and good will.

The general format will be some very rude awakening pulled off by the teammate, for example an air horn or a bucket of water, and then the host will jump right into an on the spot interview while the player is disoriented.  

This show may be inspired by actual events carried out by Aleister Cain @SlashACM on his teammate Nicholas Williams @Nictox but you'll have to keep an eye out for the NOLA edition of SHL Home Invasion to see if Williams gets his revenge.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

The SHL Network's sister channel SHL Network Russia is proud to present a brand new TV show that will premiere next sunday at 9pm GMT+3. The thirty minutes ad-free 'Mother Russia' will introduce a selection of twelve shots of vodkas from around the world in which the guests have to drink them one by one along with the host while answering various questions about their ongoing SHL seasons and personal lives. SHL Network Russia obtained the rights to the popular American TV show 'Hot Ones' and hopes to bring a different sauce to the already famous TV show. The Mother Russia's premiere guests list includes @slothfacekilla  and @sharksisback. Both guests will have to drink all twelve shots of vodkas and be ready for some hockey drills afterwards to test their skills. We will finally get to know who can withstand alcohol and who cannot. We have also been informed that the majority of the Tampa Bay Barracuda roster have declined ahead of time to participate in the new TV show.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 04:59 PM by Sean.)

New show is called: Keeping up with the Commissioners.

The concept is simple it's a drama filled reality show featuring @Eggy216 & @Dangles13 life as commissioners of the SHL. It would be an hour long on thursday nights at 8 (except for the 3 hour season finale). It would feature both of them living in a 2-bedroom apartment in lower Manhattan, and all the crazy situations they would get themselves into. Like one time Eggy could accidentally drink some of Dangles' milk and Dangles is upset about it. When they go into work Dangles keeps disagreeing with everything Eggy says and Eggy is upset because he feels like his ideas are perfectly valid and Dangles is being unfair. Little does he know Dangles is just upset because his milk was drunk (straight from the carton might I add)! Eventually, the confrontation would lead to a boiling point where things look like the could get physical but we would have to suddenly end the episode and wait until next week to figure out what happens! There can even be a talking animal for some comic relief! I haven't really fleshed out how that's going to work yet though.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

06-29-2019, 04:58 PMTommySalami Wrote: New show is called: Keeping up with the Commissioners.

The concept is simple it's a drama filled reality show featuring @Eggy216 & @Dangles13 life as commissioners of the SHL. It would be an hour long on thursday nights at 8 (except for the 3 hour season finale). It would feature both of them living in a 2-bedroom apartment in lower Manhattan, and all the crazy situations they would get themselves into. Like one time Eggy could accidentally drink some of Dangles' milk and Dangles is upset about it. When they go into work Dangles keeps disagreeing with everything Eggy says and Eggy is upset because he feels like his ideas are perfectly valid and Dangles is being unfair. Little does he know Dangles is just upset because his milk was drunk (straight from the carton might I add)! Eventually, the confrontation would lead to a boiling point where things look like the could get physical but we would have to suddenly end the episode and wait until next week to figure out what happens! There can even be a talking animal for some comic relief! I haven't really fleshed out how that's going to work yet though.

IT WASN'T AN ACCIDENT!!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

06-29-2019, 05:44 PMDangles13 Wrote: IT WASN'T AN ACCIDENT!!

Save it for the Finale!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

[Image: e1mUmnl.jpg]

@JayWhy @.bojo @Mike Izzy

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

06-29-2019, 07:26 PM39alaska39 Wrote: [Image: e1mUmnl.jpg]

I like the idea of me being Shaq and Izzy being Earnie

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

06-29-2019, 07:30 PM.bojo Wrote:

I also fully support this idea. I'd love to see it

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

06-29-2019, 07:30 PM.bojo Wrote:

Let’s do it!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Alright. There's only one television show worth making for the Simulation Hockey League, and it's going to be satirical. We're going to have a bunch of bored, retired players make a Saturday Night Live equivalent for the SHL. Each show will have a guest MC, just like the original show- players like Zach Evans, Alonzo Garbanzo, Jasper Clayton, etc. The show will exclusively talk about SHL ongoings, unless something stupid happens in the GOMHL or VHL that they can make fun of. It'll be an hour each night.

The first episode is going to have VLAD McZehrl as the guest MC. This choice is important, because it ensures there'll never be a second show. Sketches will include a re-enactment of that time WannabeFinn threw a filing cabinet at Kevin Hamilton, Visser attempting to pick up chicks in Winnipeg in -30F weather, and Head Office discussing how to rework the TPE scale and running every decision by a hamster.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Aiight so the new SHL network needs to have something to keep the viewers entertained. When I watch sports, I like my highlights, topics, and news combined in a single program. So, what im suggesting is a program called “hotdogs hot takes” starring Eko Van Otter as “HotDog Otter”. So, HotDog Is kind of like a Skip Bayless character. He has very over the top views and he’s pretty polarizing. Next, HotDog needs some guests. I’ve been listening to SHL podcasts and another guy with ridiculous takes is Gabe Johnson. He’s more of a Stephen A. Smith type of fellow. The two would discuss league topics in a “ticker” format. Hotdogs principled, polarizing opinions would mesh with Gabes emotional, almost feminine nature. This would be a 20 minute long show with commercial breaks, but it’s quality over quantity. I’d love to see these two crazy guys do a podcast together and make this somewhat of a reality. 

@Gwdjohnson @hotdog