Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #152! (With Zachary Evans)
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 08:51 PM by Slappydoodle.)

This week, Bonk and I were lucky enough to have the great Zachy-Poo join us for what turned out to be a very enjoyable hour. It was actually more like an hour fifteen, but who’s counting? This is Zach’s third appearance on the pod and we love having him on. Honestly the best parts of the night are the hours we spend talking with Zach after the mikes have been turned off. Yes, we talked shit about many of you privately. No, you’ll never know what we gossiped about you specifically. Such is the beauty and mystery of life.

Please enjoy The Big Slappy Hour #152!

https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/the-big-slappy-hour-152

Thanks to Wasty, Crossfit, Toivo, Slash, Penknight and JT for questions and comments Cheers

Unfortunately, caught up in the energy of the moment, we did forget to cover @Wasty ‘s music choices or to give him songs for his next cast. I would like to cover it here and maybe @Bonk could do so for his track down below somewhere.

I was assigned an Oingo Boingo track called Just Another Day off the 1985 album Dead Man’s Party. This album is closely tied to two of my favorite 80’s movies of my youth. Weird Science, a gem of a movie from Joh Hughes uses the song Weird Science as it’s title track. Rodney Dangerfield’s underrated Back to School actually uses Oingo Boingo performing the song Dead Man’s Party live at a party mid-way through the movie. I am also very familiar with the post Oingo Boingo scoring work done by Danny Elfman.

All that is preface before saying, I am lukewarm about Oingo Boingo. I can listen to them but have never been particularly into them. I felt similarly about this track. It had most of the hallmarks of the band, synth tracks, great vocals and a very 80’s vibe. I enjoyed listening to it but probably wouldn’t seek it out purposely.

My track for Wasty this week is The Last Days of May from the eponymous debut album of Blue Oyster Cult. Please, all of you feel free to check the track out if you have the time and inclination.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 11:24 PM by PenKnight.)

Nicely Done... Very Professional Feel to the Whole Thing.
You guys are talented!
@ztevans  Stole the Show with the "He is alright with me" Doobie Brother Reference!!

*waits for his invite*

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 11:56 PM by .bojo.)

"I want to go out with [a] Bojo Biscuit"
- @ztevans

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

06-29-2019, 11:54 PM.bojo Wrote: "I want to go out with [a] Bojo Biscuit"
- @ztevans

You're a married man, Bojo.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I don't even know how I managed to ask the exact same question as Wasty haha. Maybe I saw it a couple weeks ago and subconsciously remembered it? But I definitely did not go to the prior page when I was asking my own questions haha

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

06-29-2019, 11:24 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: *waits for his invite*

The list is not long. Esa, his sister, Avakael, Zach and Mrs. Manius from the other room a time or two.

But after Bonk’s dig about the Specters in this one, you probably deserve a chance to defend your team.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Hey my slight was noticed.

But seriously, @ztevans, congratulations too!

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

@Wasty Sorry again for spacing the music thing the funny thing is we were talking about it right before we recorded.

Now on to the music. The Buttertones song Gravedigging is a great tune. I did enjoy the song although not as much as Guantanamo Bay watch. Based off this song the Buttertones defiantly have that ventures surf tone to them, which is always nice. I enjoyed the brass in the song it reminded me a lot of band Madness. Good Stuff.

Now the song for you, considering that you suggested King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard to us twice. I do not feel that it out of bounds for me to the same. So with that said here is another Hank III song and it is off the album “Lovesick, Broke And Driftin' ” and the song is “Nighttime Ramblin' Man”.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius