Create Account

8.5 Year Presser/AMA
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019, 10:53 AM by Ace.)

Just figured I’d take the limelight from @FourFour. I’ve been here almost a decade. GMing, HOF player, couple of cups. Inactivity, all the good stuff. AMA.

06-30-2019, 08:22 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: why do the bruins STINK
hows life
whens the next poddy gonna be released

Bruins were a game away from the cup, hard to say they stink. Well fought series!
Life is life. One day at a time, Blues!
I don't know, hiatus. Ran out of shit to ramble about.

07-01-2019, 09:34 AMontanis Wrote: how did you deal with inactivity?
what's the recipe behind being a good long term player?
tips to become a good player?
how's everything? you good?
Really, my inactivity was caused by a tumultuous time in my life. Generally around marriage, my first child being born, and my second child. I came back, apologized to those I kind of screwed over, and went back to work. I had to sort of overcome a reputation that I just ghost, but I got there.

Honestly, it's the cheap answer, but patience. No one builds a winner in their first five seasons, and if you did, you got Simon T's magic clover shoved so far up your ass it's not funny. Just be patient!

Build intelligently. People aren't just pushing a meta for self serving reasons, there's a reason the majority of the recommended builds work. There's a precedent. Build intelligently, redistribute spare TPE, spend banked TPE. Always use what you have. Try to not miss a PT.

Work is busy IRL. My daughters are growing up way too quick, and life flies by. Enjoy every moment.

07-01-2019, 09:46 AMWhikadoodle Wrote: What's the biggest change you've seen on site since you first joined? Was that positive or negative?

Who do you look up to on site who was here before you, and why is it Leafs?

Is there any one team that you were a part of that stands out from the rest of your time here?

Are you creating a goalie solely because you do not want to end up with another defensemen on the next player?

How long do you see yourself GMing the Pack this time around?

Which new(ish) user do you hope to see have the biggest impact on the SHL moving forward?

Do you think the league will hit 100 seasons?

Are you up for SoT this afternoon?

What kind of music do you listen to? I've never talked to you about that.

Of your players, who is/was your favorite?

Could we get a new NEW logo with the wolf facing the camera, instead of a profile shot?

If I ask enough questions, will you put out an episode of Four Wheel Drive?
Probably the biggest change I've seen is the way we communicate with eachother. Back then things were exclusively forum based, until certain teams introduced team Chatzys. There seemed to be a lot more thorough thoughts and analysis that were elaborated on more on the site, because chatting and discussions weren't occuring in real time. I do like the Discord approach, so I wouldn't say it's worse or better, just different.

The guy I looked up to the most and worked the best with was @diamond_ace. He was the GM of the Rage at the time and traded for me back in S5 I believe, and I cut my teeth in management with him that season. He's a really sharp dude and I learned a lot from him. 

I think the team I had in Edmonton the year before I left to rejoin the Wolfpack. I knew that between @karlssens and I, we built one hell of a squad. I am happy that that group of guys (yourself included) got to win the Challenge Cup that was so elusive when I was the Co-GM with the Blizzard. 

Ha, that's probably a big part of it. Every successful player I've had has been a defenseman. I have always had an affinity towards goaltending, as I am a beer league netminder in real life. It's only natural I try to apply my passion for the pads to the sim league I've been in for this long. Plus, Leitner can't be our #1 goalie forever. 

I think I've already surpassed the time I spent as Head GM of New England last time. I don't foresee myself leaving the GM role for a long, long time. I can't even put a timetable on it. I'm here for the long haul. 

As for newer users, I am not tremendously well versed with a lot of the newer members that aren't affiliated with New England. Regarding my Wolfpack boys, I'd say that there are three that really are shining and could become major members and parts of the SHL community. @"Flareon4043", @bbjygm @gordieboom and @hotdogcome to mind. 

I do think the SHL will hit 100 seasons. We've grown to a point where we consistently have new blood coming into the league and can be sustainable. How cool would it be to say we've been a member owned and ran league that's been sustainably operating for over twenty real-life years? 

Well, I work day shift, so afternoon gaming on a week-day is a no go unless I have a vacation day or I'm out sick. Sorry friendo. 

I'm really diverse in my music these days. When I was a teenager, I loved my angsty rock... Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, A Day To Remember, etc. These days I can go back to that shit, plus stuff like Chevelle, but I even have an appreciation for pop music and hip hop. My current favorite playlist on Spotify is I Love My '90s Hip-Hop. 

I love all my wolfies equally. That's not a fair question. 

Honestly, if the team wants a new logo, I'll go pay another designer to make a new one. I like the one we have currently. There are so many wolf logos out there it's hard to make something truly unique. 

Maybe. I need to get back to that eventually anyway.

07-01-2019, 11:54 AMMike Izzy Wrote: 8.5 years? Bold! ... Give us your top 10 greatest users of all time list

1) Leafs4ever
2) Steelhead77
3) xDPark
4) Deener
5) Diamond_Ace
6) Karlssens
7) Fever95
8) Mike Izzy
9) Prettyburn
10) Whikadoodle

07-01-2019, 03:06 PMhotdog Wrote: thoughts on the SHL?

We're a team.

07-01-2019, 11:00 PMFourFour Wrote: I didn't even realize u @ ME IN THIS hahaha.

How have you been? How much longer does Bitties have in the show u think

Angel

I'm good dude, thanks. Hope all is well with you. Probably another 10 seasons?

07-02-2019, 10:11 AMWhikadoodle Wrote: Whoops, let me clarify

Of your own created players, who is/was your favorite?

I always will be fond of Erik Chisling, but looking back, that was such a short career. Bitties has already been around as long, and now Bitties is tied with Tsizling for my longest career. I think Bitties will go down as my favorite player and the most success I've had with a player in the SHL.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

why do the bruins STINK
hows life

Armada Monarchs

Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-30-2019, 08:22 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: why do the bruins STINK
hows life

Bruins were a game away from the cup, hard to say they stink. Well fought series!
Life is life. One day at a time, Blues!
I don't know, hiatus. Ran out of shit to ramble about.

how did you deal with inactivity?

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2019, 09:45 AM by Ace.)

dupe

07-01-2019, 09:34 AMontanis Wrote: how did you deal with inactivity?
Really, my inactivity was caused by a tumultuous time in my life. Generally around marriage, my first child being born, and my second child. I came back, apologized to those I kind of screwed over, and went back to work. I had to sort of overcome a reputation that I just ghost, but I got there.

Honestly, it's the cheap answer, but patience. No one builds a winner in their first five seasons, and if you did, you got Simon T's magic clover shoved so far up your ass it's not funny. Just be patient!

Build intelligently. People aren't just pushing a meta for self serving reasons, there's a reason the majority of the recommended builds work. There's a precedent. Build intelligently, redistribute spare TPE, spend banked TPE. Always use what you have. Try to not miss a PT.

Work is busy IRL. My daughters are growing up way too quick, and life flies by. Enjoy every moment.

What's the biggest change you've seen on site since you first joined? Was that positive or negative?

Is there any one team that you were a part of that stands out from the rest of your time here?

Are you creating a goalie solely because you do not want to end up with another defensemen on the next player?

Which new(ish) user do you hope to see have the biggest impact on the SHL moving forward?

Could we get a new NEW logo with the wolf facing the camera, instead of a profile shot?

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2019, 09:58 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

you was here 8.5 years without any break that you must take away from this 8.5 years? Ninja

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Has McZ gotten any better

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-01-2019, 10:00 AMSlashACM Wrote: Has McZ gotten any better

idk

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

8.5 years? Bold! ... Give us your top 10 greatest users of all time list

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Can we just go back to S20-S25? thanks

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

thoughts on the SHL?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I didn't even realize u @ ME IN THIS hahaha.

How have you been? How much longer does Bitties have in the show u think

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

07-01-2019, 09:46 AMWhikadoodle Wrote: What's the biggest change you've seen on site since you first joined? Was that positive or negative?

Probably the biggest change I've seen is the way we communicate with eachother. Back then things were exclusively forum based, until certain teams introduced team Chatzys. There seemed to be a lot more thorough thoughts and analysis that were elaborated on more on the site, because chatting and discussions weren't occuring in real time. I do like the Discord approach, so I wouldn't say it's worse or better, just different.

The guy I looked up to the most and worked the best with was @diamond_ace. He was the GM of the Rage at the time and traded for me back in S5 I believe, and I cut my teeth in management with him that season. He's a really sharp dude and I learned a lot from him. 

I think the team I had in Edmonton the year before I left to rejoin the Wolfpack. I knew that between @karlssens and I, we built one hell of a squad. I am happy that that group of guys (yourself included) got to win the Challenge Cup that was so elusive when I was the Co-GM with the Blizzard. 

Ha, that's probably a big part of it. Every successful player I've had has been a defenseman. I have always had an affinity towards goaltending, as I am a beer league netminder in real life. It's only natural I try to apply my passion for the pads to the sim league I've been in for this long. Plus, Leitner can't be our #1 goalie forever. 

I think I've already surpassed the time I spent as Head GM of New England last time. I don't foresee myself leaving the GM role for a long, long time. I can't even put a timetable on it. I'm here for the long haul. 

As for newer users, I am not tremendously well versed with a lot of the newer members that aren't affiliated with New England. Regarding my Wolfpack boys, I'd say that there are three that really are shining and could become major members and parts of the SHL community. @"Flareon4043", @bbjygm and @hotdog come to mind. 

I do think the SHL will hit 100 seasons. We've grown to a point where we consistently have new blood coming into the league and can be sustainable. How cool would it be to say we've been a member owned and ran league that's been sustainably operating for over twenty real-life years? 

Well, I work day shift, so afternoon gaming on a week-day is a no go unless I have a vacation day or I'm out sick. Sorry friendo. 

I'm really diverse in my music these days. When I was a teenager, I loved my angsty rock... Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, A Day To Remember, etc. These days I can go back to that shit, plus stuff like Chevelle, but I even have an appreciation for pop music and hip hop. My current favorite playlist on Spotify is I Love My '90s Hip-Hop. 

I love all my wolfies equally. That's not a fair question. 

Honestly, if the team wants a new logo, I'll go pay another designer to make a new one. I like the one we have currently. There are so many wolf logos out there it's hard to make something truly unique. 

Maybe. I need to get back to that eventually anyway.