Create Account

Leshaun on his plateau the past 3-4 seasons
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 10:18 PM by King.)

Will write this briefly from from an IRL perspective first, then will put an in character spin on it. For most who don't know me tldr; I left in the off-season after S44 and am slowly working my way back into SHL now at the trade deadline of S48.

IRL story: The last 6 months have been super busy in my real life. I'm currently pursuing a career in academia and for those who aren't familiar with such a career path its summed by the popular saying "publish or perish". 0.35% of PhD graduates get jobs in academia so it's crazy competitive. Whether you get a job comes down to two things a) how much you publish b) the quality of what you publish.

I joined SHL 6 months into my M.Sc. in Physics. I had a strong first 6 months and then started to slowly fall behind as I spent more and more time on the SHL. I started being a reasonable degree of active, but got to the point where I was head of graphics, on the recruitment team, GM of Halifax and Co-GM of the UK. I took each of these jobs seriously and ended up sinking a lot of time into them. After 6 months on SHL I realized that I was not on pace to even finish my M.Sc. in a year, let alone be in the top 0.35% of students who go on to be professors. This was when I realized I needed to take a step back. This though compounded with my growing irritation with a few people on the site, some who had decided since I joined that I was someones multi (funnily the most popular opinion was I was @JNH's multi, so funny he's back now), and decided they'd just keep giving me shit until I "admitted" to being JNH or someone else. Combined I decided I needed a break.

In the last 6 months I finished my thesis, defended it and it's in the processes of being approved and am finishing up submitting the paper from my masters research to a journal to publish. I've been accepted into my PhD and have a few projects on the go that I'm excited about. So am back on track. Unfortunately to stay on track I'm going to have to spend less time doing things to contribute to the league than I did before, but hopefully can be on enough to enjoy it and help contribute to the community on here.

Am I back indefinitely? Can't say, since IRL will come first but I'm happy to try and spend a bit of time in my week blowing of steam playing make believe, online, with a bunch of grown ups who pretend to be hockey players in a fantasy world.

I'm going to keep Leshaun. He's 23rd in TPE for his draft class still, will hit 1k TPE with 6 seasons to go before regression, so he should be able to contribute just fine.

Leshaun King story:

Interviewer: Leshaun, when you joined the SHL you were expected to be a first line talent, the expectation that comes with being drafted 1st OA. Now that you've settled into the league as as third line guy, how is that?

Leshaun: Well the expectations should be high if you get drafted 1st OA, no doubt about that. When I first got drafted I told @Grapehead and @tweedledunn that I wanted to be a first line talent who plays on the third line. I wanted to be an elite PK'er and take a lesser role to be able to attract and retain other players who want to be in the top six. Well now I'm a third line talent on a third line, so I'm happy with my role, but I want to be better for the team.

Interviewer: Over your first three season you were improving as a goal scorer each season with 13 then 14 and then 18 goals. In S47 you took a step back and took a lesser role with the team. Now in S48 you're on pace for about what you put up in S47. What do you expect of yourself going forward?

S44 pride 50GP 13G 22A 151S 56H 13SB -5
S45 pride 50GP 14G 15A 117S 22H 12SB -6
S46 pride 50GP 18G 17A 136S 21H 14SB +9
S47 pride 50GP 12G 6A 101S 27H 13SB -6

Leshaun: S46 was a great season numerically and the only positive one in terms of plus minus. I think my goal is just to keep improving it little bits, rounding out my game and helping the team more. I think our top six is set and is excellent. @Muerto and @CanadianDuck is a great 1-2 punch down the middle, I can be third guy to take some of the load off of those two, try to eat up some of the difficult minutes. But those two will carry the load offencively and I'm 100% confident our team is set with them, I'm just happy to play behind them, win draws, play the PK and chip in here and there. Then you got @Flowseidon, @Lazyeye and @ViN from my draft class who are elite talents and right now we got Lombardi (sorry Blues couldn't remember what your username is exactly on here) who gives us a good of a top six as anyone in the league. So no real answer for you, just chip away and try to help out wherever I can.

Interviewer: What do you expect of the Pride's playoff push?

Leshaun: Honestly, I'm confident we grab a spot. We have the third best goal differential in the West. Our overall special teams is top 6 in the league. We allow the least shots against, 6th in the league again in net shot differential. I think we're going to make the show and once you're there you never know what could happen.

Interviewer: How do you see the rest of your career playing out?

Leshaun: I love the pride, and will likely stay a middling 2nd/3rd line guy for the rest of my career here in San Francisco.

Interviewer: Thanks Leshaun and good luck in the playoffs

Edit: Also @Jiggly_333 for still texting me meme's even though I was gone.

1075 Words

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

kings bacc

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

league fucked

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Just FYI you have a little more than 4 seasons til regression, not 6. Dunno if that changes your plans or anything but it’s worth mentioning.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

ryan nugent hopkins over here

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Isn't this the guy who made fake multis to gain recruitment TPE while he was head of recruitment?

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 09:40 PM by PenKnight.)

07-04-2019, 09:39 PMMack Wrote: Isn't this the guy who made fake multis to gain recruitment TPE while he was head of recruitment?

I heard that rumor and I don't know what to believe but it sounds like a good story.
I would love to hear about it!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 09:41 PM by luke.)

glad youre back man, maybe we can bring back the Luking cast, I think we got a couple people still quequed Wink

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

07-04-2019, 09:39 PMMack Wrote: Isn't this the guy who made fake multis to gain recruitment TPE while he was head of recruitment?

no multies, his girlfriend and a couple friends

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

07-04-2019, 09:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Just FYI you have a little more than 4 seasons til regression, not 6. Dunno if that changes your plans or anything but it’s worth mentioning.

Thanks. Yeah I'll keep rolling with Leshaun anyways.

07-04-2019, 09:41 PMluketd Wrote: glad youre back man, maybe we can bring back the Luking cast, I think we got a couple people still quequed Wink

Definitely down.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

pride

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Glad to see things are going well for you King. I know that taking a break and coming back to the SHL with a fresh perspective can be necessary. Hope you're able to stick around this time in whatever capacity that is!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

07-04-2019, 09:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Just FYI you have a little more than 4 seasons til regression, not 6. Dunno if that changes your plans or anything but it’s worth mentioning.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4092748]

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Heart pride Uk

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Welcome back King Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria