Create Account

Behind The Scenes: A Look Into The Head Of A St Louis GM
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 08:32 PM by Nictox.)

[Image: Scarecrows-Banner.png]
Another regular season comes to an end and the play offs are about to begin. St Louis Scarecrows find themselves seeded number one for the second consecutive season. While the team lost last season to the eventual Four Star Cup Winners, Anaheim Outlaws, this season has the Crows coming back stronger then ever after being gutted during the off season. For those of you who do not know, St Louis lost 10 players to call ups and over agers before the S48 SMJHL Entry Draft. While losing their entire core players, save a couple long term vets, St Louis Managers knew what needed to be done. When the numbers finally came in with how many players were being called up, GM's TML and myself had to come up with a plan quickly to make up for the huge loss. We had many thoughts go through all minds. We could trade some of veteran players for picks or younger players. Problem with that is, we are like a giant family in St Louis and we hate to see people go who want to stay put. That idea was quickly thrown out. Next they thought about their first round pick, the highest pick St Louis has had in many season, of 8th overall. We could simply flip our first for a couple seconds and maybe a third and really fill out our depleted roster. Unfortunately, a deal could not be struck, which meant one thing for St Louis, they would have to kill it with pick number 8 and wait patiently for their next pick in the fourth round.
With the 8th overall pick, St Louis select, Defenseman Noah Brusky! @BrewskyBoy
Brusky was high up on our board, we knew there were other players who may have been more for sure SMJHL players, but Noah stood out to us. After a good interview we knew if we had a chance to take him at 8, we should. He filled a need on defense St Louis desperately needed a good defenseman to replace Charlie Serpe. They got that and more with this pick. Since joining, Noah has been very active in the locker room and has been having a killer rookie season, but I'll get to that later on.
Now that the first pick was made, St Louis had to wait. It was a long wait, with more and more names being scratched off our draft board, we started to worry. We had no idea who was going to be available and if anyone active or worth picking would be there. Knowing that next they should take a forward, they scanned the board for any names that would pop out. With the clock running out, St Louis made a desperate attempt.
With the 32nd overall pick, St Louis select, Defenseman Brennan Griggs. @GriggsB47
Griggs was an attempt to make sure our defense was stable this season. Griggs had a good showing before the draft and we were hoping to take him under our wings and teach how to be a great shut down defenseman. Unfortunately, he just could not find his stride and has been bust since before preseason started.
Now in our minds, we had two defenseman to come in and fill out the roster like we needed. Next would have to be a forward, no matter what. Luckly, St Louis had another fourth round pick to spare, and there was a chance to get a solid SMJHL player.
With the 40th overall pick, St Louis select, Winger Theodore Sober. @shitpostbot2000
While Sober is not going to be a shining start, he is the kind of player that will help out on any line he is on. He fits into the bottom six perfectly without any complaints. While he is not the most active in the locker room, he does what he needs to on the ice while slowly training to be a better player.
WIth the draft over, St Louis felt like they had some great pieces, but were not looking forward to the season to come. They figured out pretty earlier this may be a rebuild season. They may need to sell some of their great players for more draft picks to help with the process. If there is one thing St Louis is really good at, it's attracting free agents after the draft, something that was also discussed as the draft was coming to an end.
With the loss of the cup after holding on to it for three seasons, the gutting of key players, and the draft not bringing in the amount of players needed, St Louis' future was looking grim. Yes, Brusky was a shining star from the draft, but we had a lot of roster space open and desperate need to fill them. St Louis would go on and sign as many free agents from failed drafts beforehand to flesh out the roster. A few players announced their eligibility to the league and we knew we had to make a case for them to join us.
The season started off about as well as is could. We still needed to add some more players to the team to bump some of the inactives off. We found ourselves messaging everyone who was joining the site, regardless of position we just needed actives. Though, some stood out a lot more then others. @ontanis messaged me and said he was interested in coming back to the site and recreating a new player. I talked to him a lot about that and it sounded like I could have him join St Louis with his new player! Then, Ontanis broke my heart and signed with Vancouver, I thought for sure I can get him to join the Crows, but it just was not meant to be, I guess.
I found myself getting beat out by Vancouver in the free agent frenzy when the season started. I felt that way until I had a conversation with Jakub Bruchevski (@JaytheGreat ). He had interest from all over the league and I was going to do everything I could to get him on the team. Sure enough, he decided to join the Crows in what came to be a hell of a season. Jakub was a center that slotted right into our third line and is a great fit in St Louis. I'm proud to have him on the team and I look forward to next season when he absolutely tears it up.
Following his signing TML found a future starter in Marques Brownlee (@Really ). With Billy Sorokin bound to be called up next season, St Louis needs a future starter between the pipes. I think Ryan really nailed it with this one. Brownlee is going to be a superstar in the same light as Aleister Cain, Billy Sorokin or Firedrich Schmidt from seasons passed.
St Louis continue to be riding the top 3 in the league for most of the season, while they did have a somewhat slow start, the Crows quickly found the stride and started to dominate in a way I could not believe.
After the trade deadline, Ryan once again found another gem of a player to come play for the remainder of the season and for the playoffs. Disisde Dayudie (@"SwegButthole" ), from Japan, joined our blue line right away and has been very active in the locker room. While I was away for these signings, Ryan did what he did best and found two great players to add right to the team.
Now with the playoffs about to start, the Crows in the first seed get a bye and are looking to start playing in the second round. The team so far has been outstanding, so outstanding that a few players on this season squad broke a few St Louis single season records.
Nicolaj Muller ended the season with 61 fucking points. Beating out John Wick's record of 58. He led the whole SMJHL in points and has been a one of the best members on the team and on the site. Yes, I'll go that far. Tell me you don't like to see his bot in your discord giving you stats and what not.
Mika Kandinsky finished the season right behind Muller with 59 points. Mika broke Logen "Money" Jensan's Plus Minus record of 26 with 28 of his own.
Shout out to Brunner for also beating that record with 28 of his own, not bad for an IA 216 TPE player.
This team is on fire. I think it is safe to call us a dynasty at this point. 4 Four Star Cups since S39. Three of those coming from the three peat in seasons 44, 45, and 46. 
I want to say thank you to all the Crows this season, you truly made me one happy CoGM. I thought this was going to be our toughest season with us being gutted and all, but my Crows proved me wrong. They all performed as one unit looking for blood. The Captains this season were outstanding. I want to thank them for doing everything they have done this season with helping with TPE tasks and answering questions from rookies and such. Thank you @esilverm @Mika_Kandinsky & @Huck24 ! Also shoutout to @TML99 for being a great GM and a good friend to me. You are the main reason this team has had great success, one day we'll get you a GM of the year award!
One more shoutout to @JKortesi81 , my mentor! Thanks for taking me under your wing.

Lets go kick some ass in the playoffs and bring the cup home!
Scarecrow Noises

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows
[1600ish]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Thanks for a taking a chance on me boss man.

scarecrow noises

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

[Image: iXlehlD.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Ur fucking cute and i love you. SCARECROW NOISES ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP. Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I'm really happy being a Crow, thanks for convincing me to sign here boss. Scarecrow Noises!  Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

once a crow always a crow

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Scarecrows GO CROWS GO!!! Scarecrows

Let’s go win that cup!!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

This is why I hand picked you to take over my franchise. You’re doing an excellent job and because of your hard work and the hard work of all of these players, the St. Louis Scarecrows remain the SMJHL’s premier franchise.

CAWCAW

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

ok but what is a scarecrow noise

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 10:04 AM by esilverm.)

07-13-2019, 09:19 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: ok but what is a scarecrow noise

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the meaning of “SCARECROW NOISES”. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics a majority of the joke will go over a typical person’s head. It all stems from Hayes the Scarecrow’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans and players understand this; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the joke, to realise that it is not just funny- is says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the St. Louis Scarecrows truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate the humour in Nicolaj Muller’s existential catchphrase “SCARECROW NOISES,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as TML99 and Nictox’s genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Scarecrows tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]