Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week

Overall, I appreciate every single person involved with the SHL, I consider myself a lucky man to have clicked on the post I saw on r/habs back in April.  This whole experience has been awesome for me, and something that I never would have thought of searching out myself.  To get a little deeper, I first have to thank my St. Louis GMs @Nictox and @TML99 , they took a chance on me, even after I flat out told them I have no idea what I’m doing, they thought I could be a good addition to the Crows, and I am continually trying to prove to them that they made a solid choice in me.  My first captains, @FuzzSHL , @gordieboom , @Serpe x 13 you guys really went out of your way to make me and all the rooks feel at home in the locker room, I can’t thank you enough for that and it’s something that I really hope I am doing now for the current Crows rookies .  This season being teamed up with captain @esilverm and alternate captain @Mika_Kandinsky has been nothing but awesome, you guys are amazing, it’s going to be bittersweet when we all make the move up to the SHL. Speaking of the SHL, a big thanks to @JKortesi81 for taking time to chat to a rookie player who was looking for all the help he could get, and then for selecting me to join him in NOLA, I really couldn’t have asked for a better story line!  Finally, a shout out to all of my Scarecrow teammates, past and current, you guys have been the best teammates a guy could ask for!  Also, to everyone in the NOLA locker room, thanks for welcoming me in, I look forward to joining all of you when my time to move up to the big leagues comes!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 10:52 AM by Otrebor13.)

- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I knew a lot of people in the SHL when I was around back in S3-S23, but there are a ton of those guys who are no longer around. However, since coming back, the guys on the Whalers have been amazing. We get along really well together and the dynamic of the team is great. Outside of the Whalers, I would say I’m closest to Wasty. We’ve stayed in touch throughout the years and he was the one that brought me back. After a couple of years of convincing, he finally got me to come back, and now we’re back to being teammates (and this time he didn’t have to trade 3 1st round picks to get me Wink). The Whalers have made my time back very enjoyable and I love the guys on the team. So, here’s my cheesy appreciation for these guys, thanks for making my return to the league one I will remember!

@Wasty @"luketd" @SecondSucks22 @dmills3 @aaronwilson @TheFlash @Bruins10 @nubbedindaribs

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

I have personally met the following players in real life and one of them is a close friend. I appreciate all these guys as they are the most committed SHL members out there, seriously they won’t stop talking about their players not even to woof down food or look at naked dancing girls. They add to my SHL experience and help with tons of tips and insights. Its great having good friends share in this awesome experience.

@Slappydoodle @Bonk @Steelhead77 @mstuk41

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

For sure I appreciate my Whalers teammates! This is my second player, my first was a short lived defenceman, and I went inactive for some time. I came back and decided to try out the position of goaltender! I reached out to each team in the J, and eventually ended up being drafted to the Whalers in the fourth round. These guys made my experience so far just an absolute joy. It isn't easy being a goalie, as there are few spots for many goalies, but they gave me an chance to succeed from day one. The locker room is always bumping with conversation, and everyone really does their best to support each teammate, new and old. I'm glad I get to be their number one goalie and represent them on the ice. I'm very proud to be a Whaler and the fact that as a goalie I can have such a big impact on the success of this team is a real honour!

@aaronwilson @"luketd" @dmills3 @SecondSucks22 @Bruins10 @nubbedindaribs RM, @Leppish @efiug and lots more!

I appreciate too many people to do #3 so I'll focus on a different one 

One of my favorite posts on the site was just recently, actually, the genesis of the StavCast by @Bongo For whatever reason I feel like we have really similar tastes in podcasts, so listening to him speak about the SHL just felt really natural for me. I felt right at home. I'm really hoping that the stavcast continues and I can keep hearing the bongo ban rant about shl topics such as playoff format and season grades. I enjoyed the beer burps as well, pretty cool. I'm really hoping that I myself can one day be a guest on the stavcast, and I'm imagining we'll be able to make it happen some day soon. I think one of the ultimate goals of the stavcast would be to land an interview with site legend Gotta Love Honors Bio; the second this pod hits I'd drop everything I'm doing and instantly go listen to that interview. But that's in the future, so for now I'm happy to appreciate what we've got in the present (go listen, rate, like and subscribe).

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 01:37 PM by Steelhead77.)

Code:
Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Over 30 seasons in the league, I have a lot of favorite moments, too many to talk about tbh. One that stands out to me though was back in S27 when the Dragons won the Challenge Cup for the first time in 17 seasons by a reverse sweep in the finals vs Hamilton. I had been GM for 3 seasons at that point, took over a last place team in S24 and we went to the finals in S27. We were down 0-3 to Hamilton in the cup finals and I made some key line changes that resulted in us coming back and winning 4 in a row to win the cup, in Overtime of game 7! I think our rookie Michael Burch scored the OT winner also. That was really an amazing feeling and something I don't think anyone on the team could ever forget. We had such a great group of guys on the team back then who I appreciate greatly, some are still in the league, some are no longer active, but guys like @mstuk41 @c00kies @DollarAndADream @Wongy @Ballerstorm @Alex Mack @Jala, @Chris-McZehrl are some players that were on that team and would probably remember the amazing run and cup finals comeback in the most exciting/nerve-racking way possible. Definitely one of my best memories and most enjoyable experiences on the site.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 03:08 PM by karlssens.)

Most enjoyable moment on this site specifically would have to be the S28 Cup run. A member of the rebuilding Portland Admirals I had yet to taste the post season. That season I was traded to the Edmonton Blizzard and we cruised to a successful challenge cup winning season. The excitement surrounding a deep run was intoxicating and I was thrilled to be a part of it. We'd go on to make a few more appearances in the finals but were unable to win it all, but the fun and enjoyment was still very much there.

Most enjoyable moment related to this site would have to be table top simulator with the Blizzard boys. Uno was always a good time, but the real winner was definitely cash n' guns. It was always exciting to see who everyone would gang up on. Also secret hitler was always an interesting evening, RIP @iOBESE. The regular faces would be @cpetrella @ErM @Muford @caltroit_red_flames @SlashACM @MyLittleHexx and probably a few others I'm sorry to have forgotten while writing this.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I really like the team we have in Vancouver and I'm grateful to be teammates with all of you, but I wanted to talk about the S46 season specifically.

By the end of S46 there were 10 (!) rookies on Vancouver's roster and only 5 capped sophomores. Clearly it was a rebuilding season but @"luketd" did an incredible job and this draft class really set this team up for long-term success.

Jax Duggan @SecondSucks22  - drafted 8th overall, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Sami Raanta @Sami  - drafted 16th overall, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Cullen Gray @Gray - drafted 17th overall, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Joe Ackroyd @joslaker - drafted 27th overall, 268 tpe, 3+ seasons. Joe went inactive before reaching 350 tpe but nevertheless, he's been a valuable player on our blueline.

Aaron Wilson (selfping) - drafted 37th overall, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Theo Morgan @Otrebor13  - signed as a FA, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Igor Volkov @TheHockeyist  - signed as a FA, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Dale Miller @dmills3 - signed as a FA, 350+ tpe, 3+ seasons

Kaspars Claude @Bruins10 - signed as a FA after the deadline, drafted 3rd overall in the following offseason. 350+ tpe, 2+ full seasons

That's 8 capped players + 1 solid defensemen (Ackroyd). 9 capped if you count Claude.
I know that some guys are getting called up next season but not everyone.
S46 is the reason our cup window is wide open, and I really hope we can win at least one before we age out of SMJHL.
Go  Whalers

http://simulationhockey.com/games/smjhl/...verWhalers

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Quote:- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

There are many to pick from, but in this PT I'd like to choose 'the goalies'. Yes, all the goalies here. We have our own little discussion group a.k.a. Goalie Lounge, because there aren't so many of us (if you look at the active ones) it works really well. Since we're all goalies that means we're a little bit different or weird by default and weird people usually get along. We support each other, learn from each other, make fun of each other and all that stuff despite (most of us) being on different teams. It's like an own sub-community and I like that. Tagging @Fluw for inviting me and @Tomasnz for all the help.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PBE Welfare (Using championship Week since no PT this week) If not allowed then my B

Username on pbe: Dieselj123

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: wHACKER.png]

Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site.

I´ve had quite few over the years, one that I still remember is getting traded with my first ever player in SHL. I was drafted by Minnesota, still playing in the juniors when the trade happened, I was sent to LA as part of the deal. What makes it enjoyable is now when I look back on it - slowly improving as a player and in the end I´m among the players who has played the most games ever for LAP, player with not as much potential makes it big - personal feel good story.

Second is winning the cup with Edmonton couple seasons ago, my first ever in SHL! @karlssens and @Keygan put together a wicked team, great players and cool people, getting to lift that cup then was a real treat.

Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them!

When I was playing in LA, the people there were great, @Wasty and @vbottas17 were running the team and helped me a lot with my first player and with this whole SHL thing. The locker rooms were super active as well and full of characters, fun times really. I still see Wasty in the league he runs and Bottas is in New England at the moment. Honest and easy-going communication is what I liked - could always send them a message on whatever. It´s been a while since I played in LA, but I still consider both my closest friends in these sim leagues.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019, 07:20 PM by chetib.)

Hard not to throw props to the awesome folks in the Anaheim Outlaws. As a newbie it would have been easy to be not included and eventually just bow out of the league because the community feel isn't there, I'm a quiet guy but enjoy being part of the activity. The awesome people who managed and were part of these Anaheim teams over the last few seasons are the reason I have felt welcomed into the SHL. We have had loads of laughs and lots of success and a huge part of that is our first and current GM @Dangles13. I also want to throw props out to @SpartanGibbles, @Segi, @SDCore, @Donini13, @Thunfish, @JNH (even if you are a traitor), @bbjygm for making the Discord such a fun and active place and for even including my quiet ass in the games. I know there are a bunch of people I am missing out who deserve to be tagged here too, so to all outlaws past and present: THANK YOU! Now enough of this stupid sappy stuff lets go win us another cup!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I won two Challenge Cups with the Winnipeg Jets, but my favorite season with the team was neither Season 37 nor Season 43.  Instead, my favorite time with the team was Season 38.  

In the sim, I suppose you could say Season 38 was a disappointment.  We narrowly missed out on the first seed in the Western Conference, but ousted a pretty salty Seattle Riot franchise in seven games once more before an unceremonious exit at Calgary’s hands in the Western Conference Finals.

However, in some ways both of my Winnipeg Cups leave an empty taste in my mouth.  The Season 37 one has often been seen as “less” because of Winnipeg’s strategies at the time, and frankly the Season 43 team was largely composed of inactives, the corpses of the key players of personalities from earlier seasons – namely, Season 38.

We had the S31 Boys going strong at that time – me, @ToeDragon84  and @CBear – as well as some other mainstays like @fever95 , @Jogurtaa, @jason97 , @BigTittySmitty , etc.  @MWHazard was still early on in his GMing tenure with @Nereus .  We had recently called up @Waters and @LB.  

On top of all that, we made two big acquisitions that offseason - @Lunaro and @Pris .  It was truly a dream team.  And more importantly, it was a lot of fun to be a part of it.  The results may not have been what we wanted, but it was a fun ride.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

There are a lot of people on this site that mean a lot to me and I have grown close to in the almost year I have been here. Some of these bonds have gotten so strong that not even this site could tear us apart. I can still never thank @JKortesi81 and @"Evok" enough for driving down to my wedding. And @slothfacekilla for surprising me with a wedding gift that I adore. But as is the internet, not all my bonds have to be physical. A huge shout out to  raiders for making a LR that I truly enjoy. Thank you @bilbo for starting that spreadsheet and always being an ear. Thank you @Jearim and @"Flareon4043" and now @Citizen of Adraa for the amazing work you gents do to keep the LR so happy. Thank you @Shmurph for being one of the nicest people I know and so welcoming of me. And @SpartanGibbles and @Segi Thank you for being awesome mates in mayosota. Also @Winter is Coming Mayo on pastrami. Im sure I could just keep going, there are so many on this site that I adore and genuinely care for. So all in all, thank you SHL

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]