Create Account

Forced Retirement

My Player, Double Z, Fell off a Cliff late this evening and Died on Impact.
Forced to Retire on this Sad Day.

It was obvious how much you enjoyed all of this. Sorry to see this outcome.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

You were definitely one of the power users in our draft and it's clear how much you cared. Might not have agreed with everything towards the end, but it's still sad to see you go.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

who forced you to retire?

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

07-17-2019, 04:34 AMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: who forced you to retire?

The forces of neo-liberalism that pushed him off the cliff. Damn you, neo-liberalism!

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

frick off boomer

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Byeeeeee

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Don´t retire! The league needs more users who are not afraid to say what they think. Too many forget that this is a hockey forum, not Twitter or some other place where you virtue signal with others to see who is the bestest of person.

07-17-2019, 07:22 AMjRuutu Wrote: Don´t retire! The league needs more users who are not afraid to say what they think. Too many forget that this is a hockey forum, not Twitter or some other place where you virtue signal with others to see who is the bestest of person.
Hockey forum or not this isn’t a place for sexism. There is nothing to be proud of when speaking your mind freely results in hate.

07-17-2019, 07:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-17-2019, 07:22 AMjRuutu Wrote: Don´t retire! The league needs more users who are not afraid to say what they think. Too many forget that this is a hockey forum, not Twitter or some other place where you virtue signal with others to see who is the bestest of person.
Hockey forum or not this isn’t a place for sexism. There is nothing to be proud of when speaking your mind freely results in hate.

I did not see anything SO bad that he needs to be pushed out of the league.

07-17-2019, 07:39 AMjRuutu Wrote:
07-17-2019, 07:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Hockey forum or not this isn’t a place for sexism. There is nothing to be proud of when speaking your mind freely results in hate.

Please tell me the acceptable limit of sexism for a comment then

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

07-17-2019, 07:39 AMjRuutu Wrote:
07-17-2019, 07:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Hockey forum or not this isn’t a place for sexism. There is nothing to be proud of when speaking your mind freely results in hate.

The league’s community pushed back on his bigoted speech. There was no official push from the players nor the league’s officials for him to be removed from the SHL as a player or as a user. This retirement is of his own accord.

07-17-2019, 07:40 AMGrapehead Wrote:
07-17-2019, 07:39 AMjRuutu Wrote: I did not see anything SO bad that he needs to be pushed out of the league.

Please tell me the acceptable limit of sexism for a comment then

Cmooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon, if the league did not punish him for those comments - I don´t see why anyone should be happy to see him leave the league. Everybody should take a step back and remind themselves that this is not real life - you can just close the screen and walk away.

07-17-2019, 07:47 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-17-2019, 07:39 AMjRuutu Wrote: I did not see anything SO bad that he needs to be pushed out of the league.
The league’s community pushed back on his bigoted speech. There was no official push from the players nor the league’s officials for him to be removed from the SHL as a player or as a user. This retirement is of his own accord.

But fairly large group of people were targeting him and have been throwing comments at him after it as well = indirectly at least pushing him to the door.

I don't think, we need to have this discussion again in a retirement thread.

@PenKnight I'm sorry you feel like you're forced to retire. Please know that you are welcome to come back with another player whenever you want. But maybe also remember that words can have consequences and maybe try chosing them more carefully in the future.

I'm gonna lock this thread now, because this is not the place to continue this discussion.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath