Create Account

True story

07-19-2019, 03:55 AMwumaduce Wrote:
07-19-2019, 01:34 AMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Except you didn't do any of that, you could have came on to the 30+ page post and say "I'm sorry I said those things" even if you actually weren't and I guarantee people would have dropped it, instead you ghosted for days, then came on and played the victim.

You're ruining his victim mentality.

Whoa... how can i make this about me now...

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

07-18-2019, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote:
07-18-2019, 01:08 PMGrapehead Wrote: That's the thing for me... being from another generation is an excuse for being ignorant of something, it's not an excuse to carry on spreading ignorant shit when you're called out on something. If he hadn't doubled, then tripled and quadrupled down on the sexism, this easily could've blown over by now. A lot of people have said ignorant/hurtful shit on the site, gotten called out, and cleaned up their act (at least in public), but the community generally reacts poorly to people who dig in and try to stand their ground on gross shit they say.

At the same time it´s still ok for the group to keep throwing rocks at the guy who said ´gross shit´. When is it going to stop - when are those people getting called out for being just as toxic? PenKnight now has a certain reputation not just in SHL, but in other leagues as well - bit harsh ´punishment´ for saying what you think, no?  

People in the past had a lot thicker skin than people today, these days people just wait and wait just to get offended about something.

Nah what he said is downright ignorant and the fact that he is gone because he couldn't accept he was wrong makes me happy. Having an opinion is one thing. Saying that someone doesn't belong because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. is something different.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 06:04 AM by Baelor Swift.)

07-19-2019, 01:28 AMPenKnight Wrote: I haven't really said word one about any comments so you all have no clue.
The point is this...

PenKnight made a broad statement and some jokes that were taken out of context.
PenKnight started the conversation telling a story about how he was in Boston and 4 Irish Police Detectives flashed their badges and told him to move his car.
PenKnight joked calling the Irish, Mickeys and the Italians, Wops.
Nobody has said word one about those derogatory comments that were jokes.
Next PenKnight called broadcasters on sports shows hookers because they dress just like the hookers here in Vegas.
I have lived in Vegas over 20 years so I know how hookers dress.

A few days later PenKnight decided to resign his Player and from the site in general.
However, you idiots can't stop talking about the issue and making threads about it.
The case is closed and those who think they are right have won.
Let it go already and move on with your Simulation Fun or Simulation Lives.

This will most likely be my last post.
I had fun on the site and for the most part I thought I was being positive having fun with everyone.
I wrote many articles about players putting them in a positive light.
I made a mistake and decided to take action and pay the consequences.
I really do not see what the problem is.

Hope you all can try to sit back and enjoy your lives and stop trying to think your way is right and that you can change the world.
I also never personally attacked anyone or called them out or a bad name.
The Podcast War stuff was something that Mike Izzy started and I broadened the scope.
Other Podcasters were supposed to get involved in the fight but over 90% of the site couldn't get grasp the comedy of the podcast war posts so I stopped doing them.
Oddly enough you can see how the 2 minutes of hate from the 1984 movies are exactly how this site or simulation society reacts.

oH n0 wE r LoSiNg A mIs0gYnIsT fRoM tHe CoMmUn1tY hOw SaD

And yeah, it's honestly worse that you didn't personally attack someone and rather just broadly attacked 50% of humans solely on the basis of their gender.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

07-19-2019, 01:28 AMPenKnight Wrote: This will most likely be my last post.

Unlikely. I think it's pretty clear you've been loving this attention, evidenced by your avatar and signature change to a sexist tennis player from 50 years ago.

It's too bad, you were a very active member of many sim leagues, and I think if you had of attempted to throw some water instead of grease onto the fire you would have come out alright. But you just couldn't stop digging your hole deeper and deeper.

So is it tampering when GMs are involved in chasing off an opposing teams player (user) from the site?

It kind of feels like it is.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

07-19-2019, 08:18 AMBonk Wrote: So is it tampering when GMs are involved in chasing off an opposing teams player (user)  from the site?

[Image: 3619xm.jpg]

[Image: lebbish.gif]

As someone who missed this thing when it first started, I thought that PenKnights initial comment wasn't all that bad - if it had existed in a vacuum. But it didn't, he has since doubled down and added more stupid shit to it which made it clear that it wasn't a one-time slip up, but a depply ingrained attitude that he seems to be unwilling to change. And for that he deserves to be called out and mocked because that's how a community like ours determines what is acceptable and what isn't. There doesn't need to be any league discipline for this unless he starts with direct personal attacks on people based on their gender, but people not wanting to associate with him or calling his comments out for the bullshit that they are is the right response in my eyes.

That doesn't mean that he is irredeemable by the way. If anything, him doubling down and being overly antagonistic now is probably just defiance in the face of the overwhelming opposition that he has gotten, like a wounded animal that sees no other way. What I think would be great to see would be him ending up on a team with a lot of female members and them and him entering into a constructive dialogue that maybe some day might change some of his attitudes. It's certainly better than everyone remaining where there are, with one side being extra misogynistic out of spite, and the other being quite content to just virtue signal without actually trying to improve the situation and help fix those questionable attitudes.

07-19-2019, 01:28 AMPenKnight Wrote: The Podcast War stuff was something that Mike Izzy started and I broadened the scope.
Other Podcasters were supposed to get involved in the fight but over 90% of the site couldn't get grasp the comedy of the podcast war posts so I stopped doing them.

I can't speak for others in the podcasting community, but for me it definitely wasn't a problem of grasping the comedy behind the posts. I just didn't really find it funny or compelling personally. Not every joke lands the way you expect it to.

Quote: I made a mistake and decided to take action and pay the consequences.
I really do not see what the problem is.

I think that is exactly the issue here. You somehow still don't see the problems people had with your "jokes". Also saying that you also used derogatory remarks towards the Irish and Italians as a joke doesn't mean anyone has to like the joke. You have every right to say what you want, just as anyone else has the right to disagree. Honestly I found a lot of your stuff annoying but I could see others liked it and you were making a realtively positive mark on the site until this.

"paying the consequences" was you deciding to cut yourself off from contact, retire your player, make yourself out to be the victim, and then show a tremendous lack of awareness by changing your sig to a "Battle of the Sexes". I don't think anyone cared about any of those actions and simply wanted to see either an apology or some self-awareness about the issue.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

07-19-2019, 08:25 AMLeppish Wrote:
07-19-2019, 08:18 AMBonk Wrote: So is it tampering when GMs are involved in chasing off an opposing teams player (user)  from the site?

[Image: 3619xm.jpg]

Turning someone into a sexist so you can then thunderdome them so they are shamed and feel like they have to quit the site

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

No one chased him off the site. He left of his own accord.

Hell, in Russia we talked about this at length, but in closing I told him he was always welcome in Russia and I just hoped he saw things more from our perspective now. For me, personally, I have too many former female classmates from college who went on to have WAY more successful sports media careers than myself to not stand up for them when something like "they are invading sports!" is said, but it doesn't have to alter what I thought of PK entirely. And as I said at the time, I don't hold grudges. Plenty of examples of buried hatchets just on this site for me.

His response to that olive branch was to leave, without so much as a goodbye. I have no sympathy for him. He was not forced to leave. Several people even encouraged him to stay. He opted to leave and then claim he was chased off.

If he ever changes his mind and makes a new player, maybe even a Russian, I'm still just as capable of burying the hatchet as I was five days ago. But I won't hold my breath waiting on it, because this is clearly what he wants.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

a week later and this is still going on and this guy is still getting talked about, smh imagine positive things got this much airtime?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

07-19-2019, 09:39 AMTML99 Wrote: a week later and this is still going on and this guy is still getting talked about, smh imagine positive things got this much airtime?

I got a job!

And then they ghosted me

Nothing good ever happens to me

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-19-2019, 09:39 AMTML99 Wrote: a week later and this is still going on and this guy is still getting talked about, smh imagine positive things got this much airtime?

LIFE

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

07-19-2019, 09:57 AMztevans Wrote:

LIFE

Im quitting the SHL Angry

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 02:31 PM by Bonk.)

07-19-2019, 09:36 AMztevans Wrote:

No one chased him off the site.  He left of his own accord.  

Hell, in Russia we talked about this at length, but in closing I told him he was always welcome in Russia and I just hoped he saw things more from our perspective now.  For me, personally, I have too many former female classmates from college who went on to have WAY more successful sports media careers than myself to not stand up for them when something like "they are invading sports!" is said, but it doesn't have to alter what I thought of PK entirely.  And as I said at the time, I don't hold grudges.  Plenty of examples of buried hatchets just on this site for me.

His response to that olive branch was to leave, without so much as a goodbye.  I have no sympathy for him.  He was not forced to leave.  Several people even encouraged him to stay.  He opted to leave and then claim he was chased off.

If he ever changes his mind and makes a new player, maybe even a Russian, I'm still just as capable of burying the hatchet as I was five days ago.  But I won't hold my breath waiting on it, because this is clearly what he wants.

I did not ask about pk. I was asking the actions of some GMs and for the record I am not defending pk.
Would it be acceptable for GM to search or have someone search a users posts to start a shit storm? In my opinion the GMs should be held to a higher level of conduct.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius