Create Account

Halfax Raiders Season Ending Presser AMA
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 05:08 AM by Rublic.)

***Ready for grading***

Hello folks,

Atlas Rush here, Captain of the Halifax Raiders here to answer any questions regarding our season and deep playoff run. The Raiders finished the season in 8th place with a 20-27-3 Record and while their regular season record wasn't much to write home about the raiders had a deep playoff run taking out one of the Four Star Cup favourite St Louis Scarecrows in the process in 5 games. With out further ado I will now open the floor for questions regarding the Raider's season and playoff run!

07-21-2019, 09:56 PMFlareon4043 Wrote: Why do you think we failed to beat the Outlaws after practically dominating the top seeded Scarecrows?

How do you like Halifax's chances next season and beyond?
@"Flareon4043"

I think the biggest different in the two series is we were able to shut down The scarecrows top line while our top line still produced. We have had the benefit of multiple scoring lines all season but we have struggled with the defensive side of the game. In the regular season only the top line had a positive plus/minus so that is definitely an area to focus on moving into next season. I was also not happy with my contribution on the score sheet in the playoffs. I will say it was fantastic to see Wawazat score the game 7 winner against his former team.

While I wasn't thrilled with our record in the season I think the SMJHL got a sneak peak of how much better we will be next season. We really started to come together as a team and we seem to have a good active core moving into next season where we can add to that core through the draft and fill any holes we have in our lineup to round out our team for next years cup run.

07-21-2019, 09:56 PMFinnRhys Wrote: Which Halifax is the real Halifax? The one that struggled mightily in the regular season or that beat St.Louis in five games?

If you could trade any player away, would it be Cody? @Winter is Coming
@FinnRhys

I believe the real Halifax is the team that believe in it's self. We showed that when we took down the Scarecrows. Everyone thinks of Halifax as a bottom Dweller in the League but I am here to say that that is not us. We are here to Compete and here to win. We will do that through a strong community, locker room and work ethic.

I would consider it cause he is a threat to my first line RW position. Tongue With that said Cody had an amazing rookie season for us and showed exactly why we drafted him at number 3. While his offensive game was present his defensive game can definitely use some work. In the end I would likely end up keeping cody but only because he enjoys Grilled Cheese the proper way... without mayonnaise

07-21-2019, 11:05 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Are you guys happy with making it further than expected? Also why is Halifax constantly bad?
@SecondSucks22

I am happy we did better than expected in the playoffs. I was expecting to do better in the season but we will aim to do that next year. I will agree that Halifax has not had the best records in the past but keeping active happy members is a struggle for every team. There is a lot that goes into shaping out how a season will unfold. From line composition to line strats a lot could be effecting our record. With that said we need to keep working hard and finding out what works best for us. That is the only way we can improve as a team. The fact that Halifax hasn't been a good team for a while will likely be looked at as a negative for the Raiders but I take it as a positive. It is a challenge for me and the rest of my team mates. It motivates us to be better than our records have previously told. I really hope our strong playoff run was an indication of what is ahead for the Raiders Franchise.

07-21-2019, 11:29 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: What do you think is the biggest need Halifax needs to address in the draft?

Why is @FinnRhys the best rookie on the team?

Whats the team's goal for next season?

@Whikadoodle

I believe the biggest need for Halifax is to round out our defensive core. We have the building blocks for a great defence in Haley Knight @satf and FR Finn Rhys both of which were FA acquisitions in S47 and S48 respectfully. I think our biggest strength at the moment is our forward group followed closely by our goalie tandem. If the Raiders are able to stop as many goals as they are able to score I believe we will be quite the force and a difficult team to beat next season.

FR Finn Rhys has been an absolute steal for us. His work ethic and team work are the biggest reasons FR has been the talking point of the Raiders season. This is evident in his very thorough playoff recaps and media articles. I expect FR to get a lot more ice time and responsibility next season as we will be relying on him heavily. @FinnRhys

The goals for next season is to improve on last season and build off what we were able to achieve in the playoffs. I believe we have to work on our defense as a team but once we are able to master that we should be able to keep up with any team in the league. We have great scoring depth and goalie depth at the moment. So as long as we focus on our defensive responsibilities and keep each other accountable I can only see the Raiders rising in the Standings.

07-22-2019, 01:33 PMLegend Wrote: How do the Raiders plan on rebounding from the previous losing season? Do you think the playoffs offered a glimpse of momentum for next season?

Any sense that any ideology changes could be coming to the way the Raiders build a contending team? If not, do you think the pressure of not winning the Four Star Cup in 20 years may be a weight on the managements back?

Which team is the biggest threat in the SMJHL heading into next season? Which is the least?

As captain, anything to say to incoming prospects on why Halifax should be a place where they should look forward playing for?

@Legend
We will have to start off by looking at what worked for us last season and building on that. After reviewing last season we need to look towards having a strong draft to round out our roster so we can see what areas we need to work on from there. I am very happy with our core and I think we have great things in store moving forward.

I think there will be a little bit of tweaks as there should be each season. With that said this is the second season in charge for @"Flareon4043" and I have all the confidence in his ability to build a competitive team.

As for biggest threats I expect St louis and Anaheim to be near the top again. With that said I am also expecting a lot of send downs to get called up this season so things could quickly change. It is difficult to make judgements on future seasons without knowing the lineup implications

Halifax is an amazing place to play and I am very happy with my time here. We have a fantastic community in our locker room of current players and Alumni and we are very friendly and welcoming. We have no patience for intolerance and are very team focused. Our team is our family and we will do anything and everything for our family. If you come to Halifax you get into Pr%f Cocktail Lounge. The bar I opened in Halifax when I was drafted there. If you want to learn about Whisky this is the place to be!

07-22-2019, 09:16 PMvbottas17 Wrote: There's been some great players with the team during the time you've been with the Raiders. Does anybody stand out in particular as somebody who should join the teams Hall of Fame?

What will be the key to the Raiders contending next season?

Is there a player on the team you think would be a good Captain after you graduate to the SHL?

raiders

@vbottas17

I got to join the raiders when they had quite a deep core of send downs so I got to experience some great people in that locker room. Not including the fantastic GM tandem, the ones that stand out most for me are Matt Kholin @Kalakar and Dominic Montgomery @bilbo. Both were extremely active on the team and definitely contributed to my positive experience in the locker room. Kalakar was an amazing scout for the Raiders and was one of the first members of the team I met. He was very friendly and welcoming. Bilbo was a fantastic team captain that preached inclusivity and team work. Honorable mention goes to Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla

As for next season team defence is the focus. Only one of our lines last season had a positive plus minus so that is definitely they area of focus in my mind. We have a fantastic locker room and core so if we can work on our defense as a team and limiting opposition chances I think you will see a vastly improved Raiders team next season.

I have the privilege of having too many options of people I think can take on the "C" once I leave. Cody @Winter is Coming is an obvious choice and one of the most active members of our family. Another fantastic option and in my opinion one of the most underrated members of this site is Ricky Spanish @Whikadoodle. He wore an "A" for me when he was on The Firebirds when I was in charge and was a fantastic asset to the team and locker room. Another name that is quickly grabbing people's attention is the newest member of the Raiders FR FinnRhys
@FinnRhys. The amount of detail that FR has put into his media articles have been fantastic and I truly believe that FR was the Free agent signing of the season for the SMJHL

07-22-2019, 11:09 PMSteelhead77 Wrote: Can you comment on the play of Raiders power forward Atlas Rush this season, how his development helped the team and also the chemistry with his linemates?

How did Halifax rookies help provide a boost during the playoffs?

Who's jersey was the #1 seller among female fans between the ages of 18-34?

@Steelhead77

I believe Rush did a fantastic job of being the workhorse on the first line in the regular season. Rush( 31 points) had significantly less points than either of his linemates in Josef Kubinec(42 points) @"Marc Bradford" and Esa Parmborg(48 points) @Steelhead77 but I think he played a pivotal role on that line fighting for loose pucks and creating scoring opportunities to his linemates while still being defensively responsible and making the opposition not want to enter our zone because they know they will receive one of my 141 hits this regular season. I had 23 more hits than the next highest player. The goal for next season is more of the same and focusing on any way I can help make the team better.

The rookies were a fantastic source of secondary scoring. Cody kept putting pucks in the net for us and you need that to win games. Ricky Spanish started to really put up some points towards the end of the season and into the playoffs as he was bumped up to the second line and FR FinnRhys provided us with some stability on the back end. We definitely would not have done as well in the playoffs as we did if it wasn't for our fantastic season 48 SMJHL rookies

While I would like to say Atlas Rush and we had some fantastic options for jersey sales. Cody @Winter is Coming had a lot sold due to the high draft selection and you cant go wrong with a parmborg jersey. But the one who surprised a lot of people is someone who isn't the most talkative but still a very important peg in the Raiders future is goaltender Biz Nasty @GrilledTwinkiez You can usually find him giving fans the pucks they used to warm up with... one might say he gives a Puck about the fans!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Why do you think we failed to beat the Outlaws after practically dominating the top seeded Scarecrows?

How do you like Halifax's chances next season and beyond?

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 09:57 PM by FinnRhys.)

Which Halifax is the real Halifax? The one that struggled mightily in the regular season or that beat St.Louis in five games?

If you could trade any player away, would it be Cody? @Winter is Coming

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Are you guys happy with making it further than expected? Also why is Halifax constantly bad?

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

What do you think is the biggest need Halifax needs to address in the draft?

Why is @FinnRhys the best rookie on the team?

Whats the team's goal for next season?

You took that question on the chin, way better than I would have Tongue

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

07-22-2019, 12:19 AMSecondSucks22 Wrote: You took that question on the chin, way better than I would have Tongue

It's not the first time I have been presented with this question XD Good luck to your Jets in the SHL finals and the Whalers aswell... lets keep the winning to team Canada though.... Tongue

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters

How do the Raiders plan on rebounding from the previous losing season? Do you think the playoffs offered a glimpse of momentum for next season?

Any sense that any ideology changes could be coming to the way the Raiders build a contending team? If not, do you think the pressure of not winning the Four Star Cup in 20 years may be a weight on the managements back?

Which team is the biggest threat in the SMJHL heading into next season? Which is the least?

As captain, anything to say to incoming prospects on why Halifax should be a place where they should look forward playing for?

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 07:42 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Don't forget to mark "ready for grading" when done.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

bump!

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 09:20 PM by vbottas17.)

There's been some great players with the team during the time you've been with the Raiders. Does anybody stand out in particular as somebody who should join the teams Hall of Fame?

What will be the key to the Raiders contending next season?

Is there a player on the team you think would be a good Captain after you graduate to the SHL?

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Can you comment on the play of Raiders power forward Atlas Rush this season, how his development helped the team and also the chemistry with his linemates?

How did Halifax rookies help provide a boost during the playoffs?

Who's jersey was the #1 seller among female fans between the ages of 18-34?

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

@Rublic A captain who can't even spell the name of their team correctly in the title of their post? I am disappointed.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)