Create Account

S48 Championship Week

CW Task 1:

I would choose Nicolaj Muller @esilverm , the Buffalo Stampede prospect and current St. Louis Scarecrow captain.  Muller lit the SMJHL up this past season, tallying 61 points (24 goals and 37 helpers), earning himself the top spot for points in S48 of the SMJHL, and on top of that, he now sits atop the all-time points for one season for the St. Louis Scarecrow franchise.  Muller doesn’t only perform on ice, he is also very active in the locker room, always around to give advice or just to chat with.  Having been lucky enough to be Nicolaj’s teammate since I joined the league, he has been a shining example of what a good player, teammate and leader should be.  It’s going to be a sad day for me when we are lining-up against each other in the SHL, mostly sad for me because I know how good of a player he is, and I’m sure he will be putting some points on the board and it’ll be my job to try and stop him!

CW Task 5:

C- Jason Visser - WPG
RW – Louie Garrett – BUF
LW – Lil Manus - WPG
D – Conor Tanner - BUF
D – Slip McScruff – WPG
G – Cedric Moreau - WPG

I chose Visser at center, since he lead all skaters with 60 regular season points.  Garrett lead Buffalo in points (47) and Manus also put up some great numbers (54).  One defense, Tanner lead his team in points as well as having a +9 rating.  McScruff tallied 32 points and laid out over 150 players, pretty impressive.  For the goalie, it was pretty close, gave the edge to Moreau since he had an extra shutout win this season.

This is playoff hockey, and the finals at that!  I picked the defensive group that had the most hits and blocked shots in the regular season, you need your defenders to put themselves in front of every player and shot, looking at their stats, Winnipeg lead the way in hits by a large margin and Buffalo took the blocked shot, but since Winnipeg topped Buffalo by so much more in hits, I’m giving the nod to the Jets.

Looking at Winnipeg’s run, they had to battle back in both of their series so far, going down 2-0 to the Pride in the first round to come back to win in 6 and then going down 3-2 against NOLA and then winning two must win games to make it to the finals.  This resiliency was a very big factor on why they made it here.  The other reason that I noticed, was that they played a team game, with 3 rookies (@fever95 / @LarksTongue / @StadiumGambler ) all playing regular minutes, they were able to spread the workload across the entire team.

Since the playoffs started, both Cedric’s have been playing some great hockey.  Moreau has the edge in both save percentage and goals against average, but in my mind, that stat that really matters for a goalie in the playoffs in shutouts.  Robinson has blanked the opposing team 4 times this playoffs, that’s one entire series worth of wins, well done Mr. Robinson.

CW Task 6

Right from the start, I wanted my player to be an offensive defensemen, a player who was not only reliable and trustworthy in his own defense end but also a offensive threat whenever his team was on the attack.  I’ve always been a big fan of these types of defenders, players like Sheldon Souray and Shea Weber.  Guys who can throw a huge hit to break up an opponents attack, and then transition into the offensive zone, a fire a slap shot that flies past the goalie, into the back of the net.  When it comes to a player in the SHL that I’d like my game to resemble, looking at his stats from this past regular season, Otis B. Driftwood would be the player that I’d hope I’d be able to perform like.  With almost 150 hits, 67 blocked shots and a +9, Driftwood then scored 11 goals and added 37 helpers to his totals.  I know I’ve got a ways too go, but if I could even come close to replicating a season like that when I get to the SHL, I’d be a happy dude.

CW Task 10

I don’t have to go too far back to be before my time, S47 saw Buffalo Stampede going up against the first year New Orleans Specters (http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=94698).  It was a NOLA’s first season in the SHL and after an impressive regular season saw them take the 2nd seed in the western conference, they were able to head right into the second round. They took care of the Panthers first and then beat the western conference champs, Minnesota to make it to the finals.  Buffalo beat Hamilton and then Manhattan to reach the finals.  NOLA was able to take a 3-2 lead in the series after the fifth game, but Buffalo would not go down quietly.  They won the sixth game of the series by a score of 4-3, extending the series to a 7th game.  Buffalo took the momentum they had from the game 6 victory and were able to best the expansion team in the final game of the season with Oliver Konig scoring the eventual game winner early in the 3rd period (http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...F-105.html). Other notable players in this series were Demarcus Smyth with 5 goals in the series and Joe Kurczewski with a hat trick in game 4 (http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...F-102.html).

CW Task 13

Sent message

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 01:18 PM by ml002.)

Code:
CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

Both of the teams in the finals this season have built a young core of young players that have been the foundation for their runs to the finals this season. The likes of Nick Brain @StadiumGambler, Michael Scarn @Trautner, and Commander Sheppard @LarksTongue have all been huge in the Jets run to the finals this season, but I feel like Buffalo's young core has some of the most exciting prospects in the league, and I'd be more likely to grab one of them if I was starting a team. If I were to select a few to mention I'd mention Bobby Sharp @Nerio, Cassius Darrow @hhh81, and Alexander Selich @Tomen, with Selich being the player I think just about every team would love to build around for the future. Selich is the cream of the crop of the S45 class as it's top earner and will be one of the best players in the SHL in a few seasons time. (160 words)

Code:
CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

As S48 has ended, I've had my second straight point per game season, and one of my most complete season's to date. I'll be at the center of the Jeff Dar Trophy discussion for the offseason, and be looking to continue towards more awards next season. The main problem is that the Head GM of Toronto has stepped down at the time, and determining what will be expected of next season is very much up in the air. I'm not getting any younger, but the main goal of this offseason will be to work on keeping my body and skills at tip-top condition as age will start to be a major factor in my development season to season. Currently my father is the Co-GM, but no news from the league head office on when a new Head GM will be announced, which will definitely effect my outlook for the future with Toronto. (152 words)

Code:
CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

1. So creating a fantasy team from these two teams is like a dream. So many talented players of all ages to fill out a team with and so many players that would be considered all-stars in this league. So my team would be as follows:

Visser - Selich - Marius

Walker - Grease

Robinson

Visser: One of the greatest players of his generation, Jason Visser is a no brainer as a selection in any fantasy lineup.
Selich: One of the young, rising stars in the SHL, Alexander Selich is going to blow up in a few seasons and be one of the league's premier forwards.
Marius: One of the excellent S39 class players, Marius is one of the most complete forwards in the league and would be an excellent pick.
Walker: Part of the older guard in the league, Walker has been a consistent, steady force for the Stampede for many seasons now.
Grease: Grease has developed into one of the best defensive defenseman in the league, and next to Walker he would shine.
Robinson: Slightly better than Moreau for me, I go with the Buffalo netminder for this team.

2. For me the better blue line is the Stampede's. They are so deep, as you can basically have a top 4 level defenseman in the 5 spot in Darrow. They have incredible balance as a line up and they are one of the best units in the the entire league at defending and attacking as a unit.

3. The Jets have been one of the league's best franchises for the past decade plus, and it starts with a great management team and having such a great, generational talent like Jason Visser @ToeDragon84. Their incredible draft record over the past 5-6 seasons has been a catalyst for their rise back up to the top of the SHL.

4. Much like the Jets, Buffalo's success over the past few seasons has to do with great management and great drafting. Buffalo always seem to keep hold of their most valuable draft picks and never seem to miss with them. They have built a tremendous homegrown core of players who are loyal to them and that has led to their success.

Code:
CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

Looking back at the history of the Challenge Cup, I wanted to look back on the S35 Cup Finals and the Toronto North Stars first cup win. After falling down 3-1 in the series against the Portland Admirals, the North Stars managed to win three straight games to win the series in 7 games and claim their first Cup in the club's history after so many seasons of missed chances. The big players for the North Stars were the likes of Kristian Eriksson, who led the team in points with 20 in 17 games, and the notable rookie of Chris York with 15 points in 17 games as he broke out on the biggest stage which was a signal of the big things to come for York in his career. For Portland, the most notable player was Patrick Brumm as he led the Admirals in points with 19 points in 19 games. (159 words)

CW TASK 13: Sent PM (3 TPE)

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 02:53 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

I hate to be arrogant, but I gotta pick myself. People seem to like me on a locker-room level, and if I keep up my pace I'm set to be an elite talent to who can finish chances, skate, and provide two-way defensive play on the top line of just about any team. Big Dick Nick will hopefully be the talked about generational piece on his team for years to come.

If I can't pick myself, I guess I pick Alexander Selich and Cassius Darrow. Selich's agent @Tomen is a long-tenured one and currently runs the show in Buffalo, so he should be in for the long haul as a franchise centerpiece. @hhh81's guy should be great unless the bureaucracy drives him insane and away from this site. (Like that'd ever happen). More importantly, Cassius Darrow's a defenseman, a treasure-like quality in a sea of wannabe star forwards.

Also minor shoutout to Bobby Sharp ( @Nerio ), who is a good ol' Kelowna boy and thus warrants consideration by default.

---

For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

@FlappyGiraffe @Troy_McClure03

GARY GREASE: Nick, thanks for taking the time to sit down for this end-of-season review.
NICK BRAIN: My pleasure boss!
TROY MCCLURE III: HI I'M TROY MCCLURE! YOU MIGHT REMEMBER ME FROM SUCH FILMS AS ROCKEM SOCKEM 69: THE GOOD OL' PRAIRIE BOYS, AND GAME MISCONDUCT: THE STORY OF DACO AND THE-
GARY GREASE: Troy, you are no longer allowed to speak for the rest of this meeting.......... Alright, so stat-wise we're still waiting on Professor Aaron Wilson's analytics report, but on paper you did very well: 14 goals, 14 assists on the 3rd line, almost rookie of the year, respectable defensive output, you helped increase positive social media output on our third line about 400% from last year. Very nicely done!
NICK BRAIN: Aw shucks, it was all the team being awesome, not me.
GARY GREASE: Now for personal interactions with teammates, lets see.......... stole everyone's sanity via repeated beatdowns in Street Fighter, repeated harassment of IFAs, replaced Andrew Hawkins painkillers and therapy medication with Tic Tacs....... a rather interesting record, no?
NICK BRAIN: Uh, Ola put me up to doing those-
GARY GREASE: Good, then I'll be sure to give him partial credit during his player review. Gross mistreatment of IFAs in considered an important part of SHL culture, and you're doing a great job there. Nothing I see as a weakness in your reports Nick!
NICK BRAIN: Uh....... thanks?
GARY GREASE: Now, what kind of role do you see yourself in with the Winnipeg Jets next year?
NICK BRAIN: I'm hoping for........ second line, right wing?
GARY GREASE: Alright, well, we'll consider that depending on who we sign in Free Agency. If we can't get anyone, we'll put you on the second line next year. Maybe you'll be the spark to ignite the Blunt!
*Grease chuckles to himself behind the desk*
GARY GREASE: Oh yeah, and get that Michael Scarn guy going too, hes kinda important. Alright, review over, lets go get ourselves a Cup kid!
NICK BRAIN: Yes sir!

---

Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.
2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?
3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)
4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)
5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffalo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

1. Viktor Marius-Hippo Passamus-Ola Wagstrom / Gary Grease-Tatu Makela / Cedric Robinson

Passamus and Wagstrom have better options in front of them hypothetically, but Wagstrom bring youthful vigour and Passamus brings, well, passing. Gary Grease and Tatu Makela provide a combination of science and violence that will produce some offensive spark and keep the crease cleared in front of netminder Cedric Robinson, whos more technically sound than his opposite counterparts Cedric Moreau and Vivian Leblanc.

2. First of all, I think Alexis Metzler's pretty insulted to not be included in that Buffalo list. In terms of talent, I think that would swing it to Buffalo: having the 4th extra dman with danger and quality. However, Winnipeg's group could outshine them simply due to having more chances to show their talents. The flow of play should be heading largely in the direction of the Winnipeg goal, and that means the defense for Winnipeg will be kept busy. I'd also expect a key moment or two from the underrated Jets d-man Max Weber.

3. The 3rd line for the Peg is a huge difference maker because its above the dumpster fire levels it saw last season with Nolan Snipez and Vladimir Vaskov. Having #TheKids around brings stability to the depth and allays Winnipeg fears of 13 bad minutes from bad players costing the team a victory. The rest of the forward core made significant contributions as well, with the Visser/Manius duo ruling the league for stretches in the regular season, and the second lien stepping up to the challenge in the playoffs. Cedric Moreau has also performed well above expectations and has looked like an MVP at times.

4. It comes down to management. Now obviously, the players deserve the credit for doing the playing, so good for them. But the management has figured out a way to create a forward core that rivals the Black Plague of the Specters AND a defense core that rivals the San Fran Pride's stacked blueline AND have a serviceable goaltender, all on time and under budget with assets to spare and young players capable of bursting into the ranks next year and playing capably in place of veterans. Management deserves full marks for building a SCARY team that should run the league as a dynasty for a few years.

---

TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: aDJKutt.png]

---

CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent!

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 06:25 PM by SDCore.)

Code:

If I had to choose any player from Buffalo or Winnipeg, I’d have to go with two prospects one from each team. First off, I would have to go with the Captain on the Anaheim Outlaws Lallo Selman @Donini13 . He is an excellent teammate and a great ambassador for the site and his team. He also can clutch up on the ice. Donini has been an amazing teammate for the last 2+ years in Anaheim and I think building a team around him would give that team a leg up. Honorable mention, @TnlAstatine , but he is the bigg succ so there is that. From Winnipeg, I’d have to go with Jax Duggan @SecondSucks22 . He is a strong defensive player, who also has a good sense of humor and is dedicated to the site. You can rely on him to stay active and get along with most people. He knows hockey, even though he is a Canuck fan, but I forgive him for that.

Code:

Corey Kennedy was a strong offensive defender this year in the SMJHL. I was able to lead the 2nd place Anaheim Outlaws in points this season. I was also second in minutes played, shots blocked, special teams’ points, and a leader in the locker room. I had a strong defensive presence playing on both sides of the ice and in all situations. Things that I need to improve on are, being a bit more defensively aware, ability to hit and take hits, and also having the ability to skate for long periods of time. I am hoping to be up in Chicago and playing for the Syndicate in a top 4 role, by the end of next season. This would be ideal, and I think I can manage to make it happen. When I get up to the SHL I hope to take the league by surprise and capitalize on people not knowing who I am right away.

Code:

I think Winnipeg’s group will shine a bit brighter. This is only a guess and I have no idea what I am talking about, but names like McScruff, Grease, and someone with a 3rd in their name. How could you go wrong, the answer is… you can’t, not possible. So, therefore Winnys will do better.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

Winnipeg made it out of sheer luck. Can I tag SimonT and the SimonT gods. They are a fickle bunch and I can only assume they sacrificed someone to the gods of Simon. That is my take on the situation. Simon just out here doing Simon things. Don’t @me for it, just like my opinion man.

Buffalo is cold, so they don’t have much else to do up in Buffalo. This allows them to be much better at hockey, since it is so cold. They don’t want to go outside in the winter, so therefore they are always practicing at the rink. So that has got to be the reason.

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

Let’s go with Moreau, because that is a more interesting name. I think both Cedrics are going to be good, but if I am basing this off of just a name, which I am, I’d go with Cedric Moreau. If I turn out to be right, then I will be a genius and show get an additional 15 tpe.

Code:
CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

“The Challenge Cup has arrived; it will be a battle between the Winnipeg Jets vs the Buffalo Stampede. Buffalo is looking to win its 2nd Challenge Cup in 3 years, while the surprise Winnipeg Jets are looking to claim the Cup for themselves. This will be a battle of the Cedric’s in net as both teams’ goalies boast the first name of Cedric, which I can honestly say is the first time it has happened. These teams will be out to get each other, and we are hoping that it will be a good series. Stay tuned for your normally scheduled programming here next.” I think this advertisement should be on Nocturnal Emissions with @SpartanGibbles , because he loves hot takes and memes, plus this is just another way to promote my GMs podcast. More people need to view his podcast, because it is well done, and it has a lot of good honest things going on. Also, Anaheim is featured a lot in it, so that is great for me as well.

Task 13: Done

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 08:11 PM by hotdog.)

CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

Let's take it back to Season 37 (I picked randomly and I like that number), which saw the Toronto North Stars taking on the Winnipeg Jets. This series was a thriller, going the full 7 games. Toronto came in more well-rested, having defeated the West Kendall Platoon in 5 games in the semifinals; Winnipeg came in after another 7-gamer against the Seattle Riot. Winnipeg took the first game nonetheless, 4-2. But Toronto grabbed the second in OT, 4-3. And the third. And the fourth. Down 3 games to 1, Winnipeg had a tall hill to climb. In the all-important game 5 back at home, they squeaked out a 3-2 win. Game 6 was the memorable moment in this series, with Winnipeg winning 6-5 in overtime. Off the momentum of that amazing win, Winnipeg went home and brought it home in game 7, 3-2. An amazing series all around, no blowouts, 7 close ones. My pick for MVP of the playoffs would have to be Luke Fleming, who led all teams with 30 points on 11 goals and 19 assists. 

CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: Zli8Q3g.png] this one didn't age too well! Streak lasted like....... two days.....

S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

frith: hey everybody welcome back to the johnson and johnson podcast, today we're brought to you by videogames. like them? never heard of them? give them a try, play video games!
gabe: we're also brought to you by the Challenge Cup! Ever heard of a place called Buffalo? How about a place called Winnipeg?
frith: I matched with a girl on tinder from Winnipeg, she called herself the "cum slut of the north" but i never wound up meeting up with her.
gabe: did you say girl???
frith: anyway, the Stampede and Jets are squaring off in this S48 finals showdown. Tune in to see big plays from the likes of Viktor Marius, Tatu Makela, and Louie Garrett for Buffalo
gabe: and Crossfit Jesus, Jason Visser, and Cedric Moreau for the Jets. It's bound to be one heckaroonie of a series I tell ya!

I picked the Johnson & Johnson podcast for three reasons - 1. it's one of only two podcasts I listen to regularly (the other being the 1-episode-thus-far Stavcast). 2. the guys have great chemistry and could bounce off each other with ease. But the real main reason is 3. they've already had ad reads! they've shown that they can carry a sponsorship and their airtime can be dedicated to worthwhile causes to really spread the word. @frithjofr @Gwdjohnson

F - Viktor Marius
F - Jason Visser 
F - Ola Wagstrom
D - Tatu Makela
D - Gary Grease
G - Winnipeg Jets goalies

Well, I'm cheating here because I've already seen the results of some of the games, which made my choice for young'n an easy one - Ola Wagstrom put up 2 goals in game 1 and has demonstrated to be a reliable offensive option for the Jets already. Marius had a down year but he's a reliable first round pick in full fantasy, so he would have to be on the mini-team as well. 

I reckon Winnipeg's D core will outshine Buffalo's primarily because they'll be asked to do more. Buffalo is a bit stronger (well, deeper, at least) up front so it stands to reason they may have more possession - more possession means more pressure on the Jets defense, and I think they're build to withstand that pressure well. They'll finish with more hits and blocks.

Having the legend Jason Visser in the middle for so long has been an incredible source of stability for the Jets; being able to build around a player like that, who's so good for so long, makes the rest of the work easier on the front office. Plus I'm a big @ToeDragon84 fan, for my money he's the gif king of the SHL

There's nothing I love more than a hot Cedric, lemme tell ya!! I think I'll give the edge to Moreau here, as Buffalo's Cedric has been rumored to be more interested in off-ice happenings in the SMJHL. One might wonder if that split focus may lead to diminished performance on the ice during the series; Moreau has been locked in and, having split time a bit during the regular season, should be fresher.

Task 13 - sent (3 TPE)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

CW TASK 13: Done.

CW TASK 6: My choice of settling down as a Playmaker Forward was actually done with the idea of serving as a perfectly good hand for any team that would be interested in me. That said, I do admit that this came from the help of both Anaheim and San Francisco GMs, who gave me pointers to where I currently am. As to why I chose a winger instead of a defender or a goalie... well, I blame it on my backstory. Those who are well versed in the arts of ninjitsu do not defend with their swords so much so as they attack and I imagined it'd be a good way to crossover said backstory with the career of a hockey player. Granted that means one has to swallow the thought of ninjas actually being a real thing and whatnot but I imagine that we can have some suspension of disbelief around these parts, or at least I hope we can.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 07:20 PM by O4L.)

I think going forward my GM's need to stop underrating me and start playing me more. I have proven time and time again that I am the most proficient Smeb but continue to get under 15 minutes ice-time. There's a reason I led all Smebs in SMJHL career points and also led all Smebs in points in my first season. Last season was a complete disappointment for me from a production POV and I really need to start getting more ice-time if I want to complete my goal of becoming a HOF Smeb. My humble request for next season is to be allowed to play at least 28 minutes per game, with that I could almost guarantee that I'd score at least 30 points and that would give me the best chance out of all the Smebs of making the HoF since there is no way any of the other Smebs will ever score 30.

2. I think you have to look at a number of factors when comparing Winnipeg and Buffalo's defensive core, but the number one factor I look at is experience and Buffalo just has more play-off experience playing together than Winnipeg. I think both defenses are pretty even but I think the finals experience that Buffalo's defense has gives them the edge over Winnipeg.

In the S48 finals, a dream scenario is finally coming to fruition. The Buffalo Stampede are finally facing off with the Winnipeg Jets in the finals. Some thought this day would never happen. This might be your only chance to see the team that should've been the Colorado Crocs had Vince "Spangle" McMahon not returned from complete inactivity to screw Bret "Gorlab" Hart out of his GM spot just to give another inactive the spot sweep a challenge cup finals. Also, the Jets are in this finals and they have always had random hate for the Dragons and Gorlab so maybe we'll find out what that's all about.

This ad will be appearing on the OFFICIAL Jaytee/Tez podcast. This podcast has been dormant for years but is making an official return to commemorate this special challenge cup finals, back in the day this podcast was second only to the Klosecast in terms of top-rated podcasts in the league. Gorlab will be making his long-awaited SHL podcast return to the podcast he made an incredibly popular guest appearance on way back in S22. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to tune in to this podcast and get the official behind the scenes look at this series!

Looking back at the S46 finals you will see a similarity in that Buffalo also made the finals that year. They played 5 fewer games than they've played during this playoff run. It took Buffalo 7 games to beat NOLA in that finals. Oliver Konig and Kevin Hamilton were Buffalos' two best skaters while GOD McZehrl was their best defencemen. Joe Kurczewski and Oison Fletcher were by far the two best players on the Spectres contributing 23 points and 21 points respectively during the play-off run. This series also had two young goalies in Aleister Cain/Cedric Robinson facing off with Cedric Robinson getting the best of it. A big factor in this series was the fact that Buffalo had multiple defencemen contributing offensively while NOLA did not and Roman Augustus did not have a good play-off at all. It will be interesting to see how Buffalo's roster changes in the future as it's already changed so much since S46.

http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...oring.html

PM'd

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Task 13 PMed

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 08:50 PM by LarksTongue.)

Code:

I’m going to be a bit of a homer here and select my boy; Nick Brain. @StadiumGambler. My first impression from Nick Brain was when he played on the Raptors which was a team that had their struggles despite SMJHL all star Nick Brain producing night in and night out. What struck me the most was he selected power forward which is apparently against SHL meta. I was hoping he would stick with a power forward, but later Nick Brain evolved his game to play more of a two-way player for the better of the team.
 Other than his in game performance, Nick Brain is also one of the top TPE earners from the S46 class. @StadiumGambler also writes consistently entertaining written media, and at the same time is active in discord and a chill guy. I was hyped to be drafted with Brain and Scarn @Trautner ,as I felt that if I kept pace TPE wise with these guys the Jets have a line for the future. 

Code:

Before the playoffs started I discussed my role on the Jets with @FlappyGiraffe. I thought I had a great season not a rookie of the year caliber but a good showing with 11 goals in my first season in the SHL. I have moved from LW in junior to RD briefly with Canada in the WJC, and now finally moved to C this season with the Jets. I felt that with my natural defense focus and team player attitude that I could fit as a shut down player coaches love. I kept the points from equipment and dumped a few into faceoff and started specializing in passing. I touched base with Flappy again and felt my face offs are good for next season in case I play center again. Shepard will continue to work on my passing game as it is one of Shepard’s strengths when playing with Brain who prefers to shoot. I would like to get some special team time but Shepard will need to work on his endurance.

Ola Wagstrom-Jason Visser©-Oliver Konig
    Tatu Makela-Gary Grease

Cedric Robinson

I think this lineup is a good mix of both teams players. I choose Ola Wagstrom because he is one of the fastest earners in a long time and is primarily a shooter. I picked Jason Visser because he had an outstanding season for an old timer. Lastly I picked Oliver Konig as the playmaker of the line who will feed Visser and Wagstrom pucks all day. Makela and Grease would be the backbone.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the league's most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

A lot of users have been saying the #kids are the reason the Jets have had a sort of swan song season. While they have had a lot of success I think the one move this season what sort of flew under the radar was,the acquisition of Cross Fit Jesus @CFJ. I knew it was going to be a fun season when in the preseason him and Visser just mucked the league. CF Jesus has quietly been the guy behind Manius and Visser. And has come up big in the playoffs. 

I don’t know a whole lot about Buffalo but from what I have seen since my time in the league is the consistency of both; Viktor Marius @karey, and Oliver Konig @Sleepy. These names pop into my head first. Marius led the league in hits, and In their cup run I remember those guys going off. Obviously on the defensive side Tatu Mäkelä, @WannabeFinn is a big reason for their ongoing success 

This is a really tough one for me where Cedric Robinson has the TPE advantage over Moreau by about 100. So a betting man would select Robinson. However I for one know Moreau has had quite the season, one for the ages. And he has played even better in the playoffs despite only having 700 tpe he won 23 games in 35 games and led the league in save percentage lol wtf. He will win best goalie.

As a newer user i haven’t seen that many challenge cups so I will select the Jets most recent challenge cup victory back in season 44. The Jets finished 3rd place in the league and made it through the LA Panthers and Edmonton Blizzard before finally facing the West Kendall Platoon in the final. The Platoon were looking to win their second cup in a row in a row against the Jets too. The finals went to 6 games. The Jets had familiar names in; Visser, Cross Fit Jesus, and Zach Evans. Where as the Platoon had players like Ludwig Koch Schroder, Alex Light, and Dani Forsberg. The Jets took game 1 4-2 with a dominant performance by Corey Bearss. Game 2 went the Platoons way; 5-1 with great performance from many Platoon players. The Jets took game 3 coming home 5-3 with Cross Fit Jesus storming through with 4 points. The Jets owned home ice winning 6-2 n game 4 with Jason Visser taking 3 points. Coming back to West Kendall the Platoon won in an offensive game; 7-4. Multiple players on the Platoon had 3 points and Forsberg got 1st star. Game 6 went the Jets way with many players getting a point in the 4-1 win. S44 Playoff

Code:

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM SENT

16/16 TPE Earned

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Easy answer. Super easy answer. I immediately select Cassius Darrow from Buffalo. @hhh81 is one hell of a player and one hell of a person. On the personal side, he was someone I grew close to during his draft season and was very, very close to going against our more pressing need in order to draft him. He's intelligent and a fun conversation, plus I'm sure he has a lot of stories from the work he's done. Meanwhile, on the player side, he's one of the best earners of his draft class and someone who is head and shoulders above others. He's great in his own zone, got a stellar first pass and is able to make stops when it matters. He's easily going to develop into a true Number One down the road and when you're starting a franchise it doesn't hurt to have something so rare as a legitimate franchise defenseman. He would fit in perfectly to set the tone on a fantastic locker room culture and would set the pace in play for years to come. He's the most obvious choice I've ever seen.

Quote:Words: 187

Well, this is awkward. Usually when I talk to myself, I don't really have an audience. Ultimately, if we're going more so in character, Jakub is very hard on his son in order to not show favoritism. That in mind, with some perspective it's easy to see this season wasn't really that bad. Sure a -8 isn't good, but when you lead all forwards on the team, you're not exactly a black hole there. 36 points translates to a top tier second line player or a lower tier first line player. Overall, not bad at all. Being top-10 in face-off win percentage isn't that big of a deal, but it's something to hang your hat on. However, for next season, as I've once stated in podcasting, I'm aiming to be taking a step back in the lines. Luke is a fantastic player and center now, and it's possible for him to continue developing into a full time 1C and allowing Jax to take a step back into the 2C spot he may be a little more suited for. However, if that isn't the case, Jax has great chemistry with Reginald Rove and has done well when paired with David Kastrba and may be seeking to get that group back together to drive play in a more consistent fashion. Though you can't really complain about a line of Rove - Aittokallio - Auston managing to put up over 100 combined points.

Quote:Word Count: 238

Look at the groups and it's pretty obvious that you take Buffalo's every single time. While Winnipeg does have an absolutely dominant defensive group -- they must be to carry Moreau like they have -- it just doesn't compare. The championship pedigree of the Stampede group, the experience. Buffalo has a group that has been there, done that and is doing it again and again. Winnipeg has a group that just arrived and is trying to plant their feet, but when you're having to push off someone already planted who also happens to be as large as a freight train like the Buffalo defense, it's hard to knock off.

Quote:Word Count: 107

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series. (*tag anyone involved)

Let's be honest here, Simon T is the greatest success story of this playoffs. Luck plays a factor. Cedric Moreau is not a true championship caliber goaltender, but thanks to stellar defense as highlighted above and the ability to get those few bounces that make the difference, @treant has been a difference maker even when he maybe doesn't resemble one so much. I don't know that this success carries over long term, but Moreau making a Fabian Fuhrberg style run like in S17 is not out of the picture and could be a nice feather in his cap here.

Quote:Word Count: 99

I mean, I hate to tag him but @WannabeFinn is THE key to success of the franchise. I'm sorry for the tag bro, just following orders. However, looking at it, WBF is the architect who constructed the team. He's their star defenseman as Makela. He's the driving force, the engine making this train fly through the night on their quest to the Cup. You don't have to like the guy, trust me not everyone does, but you should respect that he's definitely built this team to be successful and it's paying off now. He's a superb general manager.

Quote:Word Count: 98

Obviously, neither does. In the battle of the Cedrics, it's not about the Cedrics. They'll be entertaining, sure, but they won't be the difference makers. Both are somewhat uninspiring goaltenders. Unlike last season when Beaujeaux Biscuit was legitimately terrifying, they feel more so brought along by the stacked defenses standing in front of them. If I had to give any edge, it would be to Robinson as he's been there before and won it all before. He's no slouch that way. He's younger, he's more experienced and he has the pedigree. However, sometimes when you run into something good, you just can't beat it. That happened in S17 with Fuhrberg and it could happen again here.

Quote:Word Count: 116

Oh boy, during my player's time. This would've been fun to go back a little further, but that's fine. My choice is S45, and I'll tell you why. When you look back on this season, it's a classic example of a team going all in all together and fighting their way to the finish line. It's got the intrigue of Edmonton taking the first series in a sweep as they muscle on with their now super team. Then they have a hiccup, go down 2-1 in the series, get up 3-2 and only have Texas take it to 7 games before they can move on to the Finals. They go up 2-0, but suddenly there's cracks in the armor of the invincible group as West Kendall takes 3 straight to make it 3-2. Edmonton ultimately wins the last two games of the series to pull out the major victory. Then comes the part where New Orleans comes into the equation, they get Joe Kurczewski, Oisin Fletcher, DeMaricus Smyth and Piotr Czerkawski from that Edmonton group and make their consistent run to the Finals. This was the blue print of a super team, the combination of what would now be Edmonton and New Orleans, and it's one of those magical runs that you only get once in a lifetime.

Link to index? http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html
I assume this is what you meant by link the archive.

Quote:Word Count: 218

Done

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

@LarksTongue Commander Shepard on the Winnipeg Jets would be my choice. This is a great up and coming Canadian hockey player who played in Canada in Montreal during his junior years where he was a great leader. In the SHL he finds himself still in Canada as a member of the Jets and he is an amazingly strong two-way forward who is more of as pass first type of winger. Most dudes want to score but we need someone to dish us the puck and this guy is going to be a beauty in the league for years. His defensive skills are already high for a S46 player and he should just get better and better. This experience here is great for him to already be in the cup finals with a chance to win it all. I think he has a great look and name and would be very easily marketable in Canada all over the place. His jersey is flying off the racks already.

@Keygan @TommySalami
Keygan and Tommy I would say I haven't accomplished much yet as this year was a tough season where I couldn't really get going until later in the season and nothing in the playoffs. I am still young and my build needs a bit more time to round out to shape so it's understandable. Hopefully this season coming up I can be better in all ends of the rink, score more on 5 on 5 mainly as I was pretty good on the PP. My 5 on 5 play was very weak this year and I need that to get better. Next season my role should be more of the same, a secondary threat to some of the more high end TPE guys on the team. If I can get my shooting percentage up this year and have a breakout season it could be huge for the team. But it is hard to find the right chemistry sometimes and simon is not the greatest sim ever made so who knows.

I have to go with Buffalo here as I am just a big fan of Connor Tanner's work and would have loved to see him on the Blizzard this year. Tatu is as good as it gets and to round it out with a great vet like Charles Walker is just too good to beat. Their experience should get it done.

Welcome to today's new episode of "Jason Visser in the Pisser" I will walk you through both these teams in detail as I happen to be on the Jets and can give you an inside scoop. Buffalo has the top 4 leading scorers coming into the final round but they have played 16 games. On the Jets it's only taken us 13 to get here because we're better. My boy Ola Wagstrom is leading the charge for us in Winnipeg with 12 points in 13 and I am slacking behind with 9 so far but I was saving my gas.

Why I picked him:

I picked @ToeDragon84 Jason Visser because he has great taste and seems to be a great dude. He will review under appreciated youtube g funk classics and get high to his favorites. I think the podcast could be a hit because he is on one of the teams in the final it brings some extra to it.

[Image: tUocctZ.png]

I am a S44 and I will pick the S43 season as most of the index's seem to not be working for me. Anyways the WKP ended up sweeping the finals over the WInnipeg Jets 4-0.

The Jets are back now in the finals looking to take home a cup this time around. In the S43 year they had some great performances from Crossfit Jesus and Pietra Volkova but it wasn't enough to beat the WKP. West Kendall was lead by Trevor Wilson who had an amazing 21 points in 15 games as they made easy work of Winnipeg in 4 straight in the finals. Dionyz Vyskoc came up big with 3 game winning goals as well as many other great stars. In net it was Beaujeaux Biscuit with a dominant 12-2-1 record and 1 shutout. 2.29 GAA and a 0.927 SV% he was just great to win it all for WKP. Dani Forsberg also was out there laying the body with 44 hits in the 15 games played.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Code:

Well, if I had to start my own team, I'd have to build it around myself by the code of law.  Slip McScruff is a pillar on the blue line, a real tough skater who plays hard yadda yadda, that's all well and good but kind of boring.

For a more interesting answer here, I actually have to cross the line and pick from the Buffalo prospect pool.  My boy, @esilverm, could be that guy for my dream team.  He followed in the great line of Scarecrow Captains (shout out to @Nictox and @FuzzSHL) and came up with the scarecrow noises chant that won us our third cup.  His skater just had a huge year in the J, putting up 24G 37A +27, so he backs up his game with on ice performance.  He's a super active member and a pleasure in all locker rooms that we share.  That's the kind of dude you want waving the flag.

(158 words)

Code:

Hey @FlappyGiraffe and @Troy_McClure03 , we really gotta shake things up next season.  I mean, I went from 2 goals down to 1, that's a 50% decline!!!  On top of that, I went from 62 PIMs to 50 PIMs and from 63 HTT to 62 HTT, this isn't golf guys, I gotta have the most highest best numbers.

Now, I guess there were some places where I saw some improvement.  21 assists to 31... +7 to +17... 143 HIT to 154... 49 SB to 64...
Ok maybe let's not shake things up too much... I would like 5% ice time on a pair that has 5 PHY

As for off ice role, I need a discord channel where I can post 15 second youtube videos.  Others are allowed to post videos as well, but if they are over 30 seconds, they get a stern talking to.

These are my demands, hugs and kisses XOXO

(153 words)

Code:

Viktor Marius - Lil Manius - Ola Wagstrom

Slip McScruff - Cassius Darrow

Cedric Moreau

There are some really strong Defensemen in this group, but since I'm in charge here, I get to put McScruff and Darrow on a pair together.  Technically I've already met the young player requirement with Ola Wagstrom, so the smart move might be to take Grease and Makela, but you can do that with your own fantasy.  Besides that, I'd like to see the checking terror of a Marius / Manius line while Wagstrom can clean up the rest.

(78 words)

I have faith in myself here.  Troy, Gary, and Slip are all very defensively minded but with passing strengths.  I got 31 assists while Troy and Gary got 21 each, which is probably a solid factor in our solid performance down the line up.  Our top line had 66 goals while our rookies combined for 27.  

When looking at defense, you have to mention Metzler's godly 101 shot blocks.  Most on the Jets was Troy with 83.  In fact, Buffalo had us beat as a team by about one whole Troy (82 blocks by my math).  However, our goalies only faced 10 more shots total throughout the regular season.  You have to think the superior physicality on the Winnipeg blue line has something to do with that.

(127 words)

If we are talking unexpected, I guess we can't talk about Jason Visser's 60 point season, especially when we added Crossfit Jesus for another go at the rodeo.  Look at the P/20 throughout the regular season, Visser .95, Manius .94, CFJ .84...

But something must be in the water these playoffs because that top line has had a hard time.  Through 13 games, Visser .54, Manius .4, CFJ .44...  
Instead, the second line has shown up to carry us through the playoffs.  Through those same 13 games, Wagstrom .81, Blunt .78, Scarn .73...
The biggest surprise there was definitely Scarn who had a .45 P/20 through the regular.

Our top line definitely put in work to get us here, but we've been getting the production we need down the line up to keep us here.

@ToeDragon84 @Bonk @CFJ @StamkosFan @Gaia Mormont @Trautner

(137 words)

That's tough to say.  Robinson had to play in to the playoffs and only lost 2 games on his way to the finals.  4 shutouts in 12 wins.
But when it doesn't go his way, he's got a strong offense to bail him out.  Winnipeg only have a +4 goal differential while Buffalo has a +26 goal differential over 5 more games.
With worse PCT and GAA than Moreau even having 2 more shut outs, it seems like Robinson might be inconsistent in net, while Moreau is consistently holding on to tight leads.

(93 words)

Code:

"My name is Joe Kortesi and I'm the world's number 1 Winnipeg Jets fan.  They are my favorite team in the western conference, hands down.  That Slip McScruff is probably the greatest player I ever drafted to the Scarecrows and I'm so glad to see him thrive in the SHL.  If you tune in to the games, you might see me out there with my McScruff jersey on.  Gosh golly I'm so proud of him.  Oh boy, they're sure gonna give those Buffalo meanies a good thumping out there.  I've been predicting all season long that Winnipeg would win the cup and they are so close to proving me right out there."

I feel like it's very important for this script to be read on the JoeKast.  I don't think it would have the same authenticity if anyone else handled it.  If Joe wasn't available for this heartfelt ad read, I'd have to pick the bambacast as a runner up.  I think they could really get the emotional depth that I'm looking for here.

@JKortesi81

(112 word script, 62 word explanation)

Code:

Sent

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 02:05 PM by Chris-McZehrl.)

CW TASK 1: (3 TPE)

From the Winnipeg Jets I choose Slip McScruff. I know him as St.Louis Scarecrow alumn and like him a lot. He also is a workhorse and he try all to get better and better. Him on my Defense would be great. In my opinion we see here pure star power and in the future McScruff will win some awards. From the Buffalo Stampede I would take Monkey D. Luffy for my offense. As former Buffalo Stampede player I know him very well and he would be amazing in my offense. But it was very close between Alex Selich, Cassius Darrow and Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy is a player like Jason Visser. He try to learn so fast he can and hear about advices from others to get a better overall play. This ability is so important and he has it. For me he is a future Top Star and maybe Hall of Famer. I would love to have both on my team.
(162 words)

@TnlAstatine @Scrufdaddy @Tomen @hhh81 @ToeDragon84

CW TASK 3: (3 TPE)

I must say I was very disappointed with my performance and I also believe with a better performance the Minnesota Chiefs made the playoffs for sure. I blame myself for that and I am sorry because of that. I had no really strong performances they all were worst. I hope I can be better next Season and help the team to make the Playoffs. But at first I will have the Free Agency so maybe I will go to an other team. But also there I must work harder to be better and help the team to make the playoffs. I would love to have a way more important role next season on my team. That is for sure. I love to help the team so I would also love to have more responsibility. I am ready for the new season and cant wait to crush some bones and BALLS.
(150 words)

@Leppish @Shmurph

F - Viktor Marius
F - Jason Visser
F - Ignatius Blunt
D - Tatu Mäkelä
D - Cassius Darrow
G - Cedric Robinson (Buffalo Stampede)
For me that were easy decisions. I love Marius and he loves me. I love also Visser and he loves me. Gaia is a huge love from my times in Seattle and Manhattan so I will never stop to love her. Mäkelä gave me a chance in Buffalo after I fucked him via Free Agency after S46. Darrow is one of the best dudes in the Buffalo LR and also a young Defender Core Player. And grok is amazing and also did create a great goalie the other one in WPG is I believe inactive. (121 words)

I will of course go with Buffalo and that have two reasons. At first Darrow is on the same TPE range like McScruff and Buffalo also having their Captain Alexis Metzler. So that are 5 Top Defender and that makes them the best Defense Core of the whole league. Alone with that fact I have said all. The second fact is that I know how good perform Darrow, Mäkelä, Walker and Metzler from my time there. So it was for me sure that the Defense will be dominated by Buffalo. (90 words)
In my opinion it was the goalie performance and the surprising prospects they performed very very well. I was shocked and surprised of their performances and ride throught the west conference. They had a hard fight in the West Finals but they won and with that they have it well deserved to be in the cup final. (57 words)
@treant @Scrufdaddy @StadiumGambler @Trautner @fever95 @DilIsPickle @LarksTongue @Psanchez55
I know that they work very close together in the management. But I also know the Signing and Trade work is more in Finn his hand and the line creation more in Tomen his hand. So without them they wouldnt have any success. Look at the roster, they have too many players on the rosters so they must trade away Kevin Hamilton this offseason. Dammit that is sick. They also traded my player away for a new record value and later they got with some of this picks Loui Garrett and they also got the replacement for me from EDM with Connor Tanner. Absolutely amazing job. (106 words) @WannabeFinn @Tomen

In Season 27 Vincent-Leon-Anze Draisaitl-McZehrl won his very first Challenge Cup and that with the Calgary Dragons. The series were tied and we had the final Game 7. That all after we lost the first three games of the series. So it was so sick to win the series and for VLAD personally it was amzing to score the Cup Winning Goal and also in that fact the last 2 Goals of Season 27 who brought us the Cup. I will never forget that season and especially this Final Game 7 of Season 27. Over the Series and Playoffs Alex Mack was the Superstar of the Calgary Dragons and he won well deserved the Razov Awards as Playoffs MVP. For me it was a honor to win with Calgary the first Cup of so many following after it in the Esa-Era. Again thank you so much @Steelhead77 for this wonderful second time on Calgary. <3
(154 words)

Game 7 S27 Cup Final CGY - HAM

CW TASK 13: (3 TPE)
PM sent

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 09:34 AM by gillon.)

As I probably only played a grand total of 2-3 minutes for Buffalo during S48 we don't really have much to go on there, so I'll install address what I feel I should be able to do. My end goal is to be a reliable point producer, preferably in a top 6 role - with the team Buffalo has now and the fact that I'm still very early on in my player career I completely understand that those slots are occupied by players that are simply better. So for the coming season I'm seeing myself in more of a depth scoring role, be that as a 3rd or 4th line player, and hope to be able to contribute in whatever capacity I can. I think the foundation for my player is laid out OK, and now I need to work on getting better across the board - starting with some skating and puck handling drills.

I leave it to my GMs to decide where I slot in best in this squad. I don't really care about personal accolades all that much, I'm about championship rings.

@WannabeFinn @Tomen

---

CW TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)

For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

At the point of creation back in S45 I really had that image of Peter Forsberg in his prime as my go-to. The problem when choosing such a player to model after is that the guy was good at _everything_. Elite passing and vision, great defensive hustle, could play really physical and even mean when needed and could score with the best of them when he'd choose to. He himself would often complain that his skating and shooting wasn't up to par, but I always felt that was more in his head and his own standards, the guy was great at everything.

So, with that said - I obviously couldn't just max everything. I chose to put checking as a weakness and instead try to excel at the passing and vision parts of the game and be a sort of commander-on-ice in the center position. The player that sees the plays before they happen and has the awareness and skills needed to be at the right place and make them happen. So far, I think it's been working it quite well. Other than my very first season in the J I'm pretty happy with my statistical performances in the Militia and think I can mold the player well going up to play for the Stampede.

---

Viktor Marius-Lil Manius-Hippo Passamus
Gary Grease-Tatu Mäkelä
Cedric Robinson

I wanted a team that I believe would be very physical with some added scoring spice in Passamus, who has been really good in this playoff run. Basically everyone else on the lineup is guaranteed to be hitting people like crazy which'd pay off in a fantasy format. Goalie pick was difficult because honestly both the Stampede and Jets netminders have been standing on their head so I could've just as well flipped a coin, but since I'm part of the moo gang I went with Robinson.

-

Extremely good goaltending on top of having the top end talent they have working out really well. What the Jets might lack is depth, but so far they've been able to push through with the players they have really performing to their limit. Of course, this also means they run the risk of being too dependant on hot players staying hot.

It might feel like a cop-out answer but the only real reason is @WannabeFinn and @Tomen doing an amazing job with the LR. They've made it a franchise where people feel like it's a place that they want to stay on top of drafting extremely well ensuring a competitive team for some time to come. I count myself lucky to have boarded the dynasty train just before it left the station!

I find this one extremely close to call - if you go over the goalies specifically against each other you may have an argument for Moreau over Robinson, but the way I interpret the question I feel like I should account for the team in front of them as well. In that case I feel like BUF winds by a landslide due to defender depth.

---

[Image: ITDWW83.png]

---

PM'd and completed.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 12:38 PM by Emiko.)

Code:
CW 1: Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)
 Satoshi Zizagooney - @TheWoZy  I'd build a team out from the back with him as my main go too player. I am of the opinion of building from the back so with there current set up of  Cedric Robinson - @grok  for Satoshi to work in front of will help the team going forward. The player has been defensively reliable within his time with Detroit and this could mean he could carry it over to the majors. Just looking at stats alone of 10 Goals and 25 Assist for a total of 35 points shows he can also move the puck well and help contribute offensively as well but that isn't all the player put up 43 shots blocked on a team that didn't like to throw themselves in front of the puck. He's also a great locker room presence that is a huge plus when it comes to building team chemistry this is very important in my opinion as it can be the making or breaking of a great team.

Code:
Words: 169

Code:
CW 6: For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

When i joined the league i had to think of roles i had not done yet in simulation leagues. That left open playing either Left or Right Wing or the Goalie position. The reason i decided to be a netminder was due to how i create players within sim leagues which is use a character i have elsewhere and i had one that was already a keeper so it was a match made in heaven. As for my build i'm not actually sure yet as i'm still experimenting but i plan on using Emiko's 6"4 frame to her advantage so i will be putting a lot of emphasis on her size abilities. As for players i hope to resemble in i'm not very sure at the moment as i'd like to be an individual than one person here. However if we went onto looking at real world Netminders i wouldn't mind replicating what Ervīns Muštukovs did with Sheffield in his first year.
Code:
Words: 162
Code:

At the end of the season Emiko sat down with @notorioustig  to speak about her performance through the year. This season was a tough year for her as she had been given the start straight out of camp which wasn't something she expected originally. But Tig mentioned that her dedication and way of playing helped her put up a good first season. Tig mentioned that she should work towards  her weakness in skating as it is letting her down when trying to get back up once down on the ice. Another thing that was mentioned is that with her 6"5' frame she should use her size to her advantage more. Other than that keeping up with her usually routine of daily training should help. She has taken huge strides in her first full season. Her major league GM @JSS  says that the future of Tampa Bay and Detroit in net are secure as she's a great prospect and will be in the minors for a few seasons.
Code:
167 Words
Code:

As my character is Japanese she'd write in Japanese. Here is a English translation.
Original Tweet: I will go skating later. Hopefully I will not get the pills given to me again.
Reply: Bills! Not a pill! 
[Image: 3cyImJM.png]
Code:
CW TASK 13: DONE

Code:

4. The main reason they got back to the playoffs is Cedric Robinson - @. He's really well built as a keeper and he can carry a team on his back alone however having a player like Hippo Passamus - @Mayuu  doesn't hurt. He is dedicated and loyal to the team. Also you can't go too far without mentioning the super leadership of @WannabeFinn and @Tomen.
Code:
63 Words