Create Account

Theo Morgan's Open Letter to Vancouver
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 11:26 PM by Otrebor13.)

Fresh off of a Four Star Cup victory, Theo Morgan decided to take a page out in the Vancouver Sun for all their readers. This is what he had to say:

“Before I joined this team, there were rumblings around the SHL and SMJHL that long retired SHL Hall of Famer Roberto Martucci would be making an appearance in the SHL, but this time as an agent. Those rumblings were put to rest in Season 46 when I, Roberto Martucci’s client, declared for the SMJHL. While arriving late and declaring for the league after the draft had just taken place, I was a free agent and had the freedom to sign where he wanted to. My agent Roberto had some ties to the Whalers, as he had been the General Manager for the Whalers a while back. I signed with the Whalers shortly after joining the SMJHL and got to work, not knowing what was in store.

My first season as a Whaler was difficult, but it was looking up from there. Every season I progressed, and I told myself that I was going to be one of the SMJHL’s best players. After countless hours of training, and a couple of seasons of heartbreak in the playoffs, Season 48 rolled around. I had a great season as I was tied for the team lead in points, finished top 3 in goals in the SMJHL and had the ultimate goal in mind: Win the Four Star Cup.

Fast forward a few weeks and here we are. The Vancouver Whalers defeat the Anaheim Outlaws in Game 7 of the Four Star Cup Finals by a score of 6-2 to become the SMJHL Champions. Man what a feeling this is. These are things you dream about when you grow up, playing in the streets, putting yourself in these big games. And there I was today, with time winding down, I was finally going to realize my dream.

You know… This was just a dream to me as a kid, a fantasy. And now, I sit here a Champion. The road to get here was not easy. As a team we experienced a lot of heartache, we experienced a lot of disappointment, and we experienced a feeling of emptiness which could only be solved with this trophy. Rather than having you all ask me questions, I’m just going to lay everything out here. You guys can write about it however you please.

Firstly, I’d like to congratulate the Anaheim Outlaws on a tremendous season. I know it may seem cheesy to do so and the feeling of losing a Game 7 in the finals must not be easy. However, I still want to commend all of those guys on that team for what they accomplished this season. Playing against them during the regular season and then going 7 grueling games up against them, they are one hell of a team. Those guys are going to be very successful in their careers and maybe one day I will cross paths with some of them.

Secondly, I’d like to thank Luke Thomason (@"luketd"), Barret McCarthy (@Inf1d3l), and Joshua Woodcroft (@Glyc) for all of their tremendous work putting this team together. While Joshua is no longer with the team as a GM, he was part of the reason this team was built and he deserves to be noticed for what has happened here today. I’d also like to congratulate him on becoming the Co-GM of the West Kendall Platoon. What these guys have been able to do with this team is special. Not only have they brought in players who are hard working and ready to play every night, but they have instilled a culture in this locker room that is unmatched. These guys are the reason this team is as close as it is, and I would do anything for any of my Whalers that won with me today.

Next, I’d like to give some shout outs to some of my teammates. I will not single out everybody as there are a lot of us, but I will talk about some of the guys that played a big part in my Whalers experience.

I have to start with Aaron Wilson (@aaronwilson). This guy put in work all season long. Not only was he our captain, but he was our coach. The mastermind behind the team’s strategies, the chemistry, the builds, all of it. Without him, this championship is not possible and I would not be sitting in front of you here today.

To a couple other fellow Season 47 draftees, Dale Miller (@dmills3) and Jax Duggan (@SecondSucks22), the self proclaimed bash bros (even though Jax doesn’t hit all that much). You guys will prove to be extremely tough competition in the future. We will constantly play against each other and I have no doubts your careers will be great.

Kasperi Braulin (@TheFlash). This guy was an absolute stud all season for this team. Historic regular season, and even though the playoffs may have looked shaky at times, there is nobody I would rather have between the pipes if I have to win a hockey game. So close to being SHL teammates, but unfortunately it didn’t happen. Keep it up and thank you for everything you did for this team this season. MVP.

For my last few mentions, I’d just like to say to Kaspars Claude (@Bruins10), Bobby Bobcalf (@nubbedindaribs), Jon Forty-One (@C9Van): You guys stepped up to the plate big time and helped this team when it mattered most. Especially when my play faltered down the stretch of the playoffs, you guys made it possible to get to where we are today. I look forward to watching your careers grow.

To the rest of my teammates, there just isn't enough room to discuss you all individually. However, it goes without saying, I thank each and every one of you for what you have done for this team and for myself. I couldn't have done it without you all and you all deserve credit for what we've accomplished.

I don’t usually do this type of thing, but those guys in the locker room were like a family, and those are guys I would do anything for. This team is truly phenomenal and I wish I could play here my entire career with this group. However, that just isn’t possible. My journey started as a Free Agent, and my goal in the SMJHL was to win a Four Star Cup, and we did that.

As such, I am officially announcing that next season, Season 49, I will be making the jump to join the Los Angeles Panthers. I was on the fence about this decision all season long, however this championship sealed the deal for me. I have won a World Junior Championship Gold Medal with Team Canada and now a Four Star Cup with the Vancouver Whalers. The next step for me to take is join the SHL and attempt to win a Challenge Cup. Everybody in Vancouver has been great to me, but I must take this step for my career. I wish everyone who was a part of this team the best of luck and I hope one day we can be teammates again.

Vancouver, you’ve been nothing short of spectacular, so thank you. We are SMJHL Champions.”

[Image: a8d710b381858454a9db25b9c20ae6ec.png]

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Me: <3 ILU Theo. You were a great team mate and good luck in SHL.

Jon41: Yeah, cya I guess.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Dude, we're gonna miss you. At the same time I cant wait to crush you on a bigger stage <3

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Good luck in LA. Don't get distracted by all the women, drugs, and alcohol ;D Can't wait to play against you. Thanks for being a great teammate all along while I was new to all of this <3

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Great article, excited for Morgan's rookie year!

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Can’t wait for Morgan #96 Jerseys to go up in the Panthers Team shop!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

What an article

Congrats broski, couldnt have done it without you. Go kill it up there in the show

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

best of luck, my man! we'll try to take care of the team, haha

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 12:58 PM by diacope.)

Sick signature at the end! It was a treat and had a lot of laughs.. have fun and good luck with future endeavors

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Thanks for 3 great seasons as a Whaler, glad we were able to win it all with everyone from the S47 class still on the team. Good luck in SHL Whalers

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Good Stuff right here. I'm gonna miss you Morgan. Keep on, keeping on.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]