Create Account

GM/Co GM Standards

I think penknight is gonna join the boomer hockey league

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Going to have to disagree with you on this one chief. Stifling one's free speech is not only wrong, but it's also just not cool or fun either. If a GM or co-GM wants to make an ass out of themselves in the TD or anywhere on the site, that's their prerogative and they will face whatever consequences that might develop from that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

We should probably be held to a higher standard, but I'd rather have an internal code of conduct in which GMs agree to behave in a certain manner rather than a ban on posting in a sub-forum. A lot of good can come from authority figures trying to help bring reason to TDs.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

disagree

gms can get suspended for saying less than other members in TD threads so it's "policed" appropriately imo

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I’m going to put it out there that as a player, it makes me feel a lot better about playing for a team when the leadership of that team are willing to stick up for what’s right, especially when it is an issue that directly affects me as a person. There are some opinions that maybe we should be careful about judging people for - opinions that are legitimately hateful are not among them. I would not feel as safe or welcome here if I thought everybody agreed with people like that dude.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-27-2019, 05:02 PMTommySalami Wrote: We should probably be held to a higher standard, but I'd rather have an internal code of conduct in which GMs agree to behave in a certain manner rather than a ban on posting in a sub-forum. A lot of good can come from authority figures trying to help bring reason to TDs.

I like this option. Not a complete ban, but an agreement to not go overboard in flaming in TD. GMs need to be the voice of reason more. HO shouldn’t have to babysit them.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

wbf biggest troll ever on BUF

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

07-27-2019, 05:15 PMCarbine Wrote:
07-27-2019, 05:02 PMTommySalami Wrote: We should probably be held to a higher standard, but I'd rather have an internal code of conduct in which GMs agree to behave in a certain manner rather than a ban on posting in a sub-forum. A lot of good can come from authority figures trying to help bring reason to TDs.

I like this option. Not a complete ban, but an agreement to not go overboard in flaming in TD. GMs need to be the voice of reason more. HO shouldn’t have to babysit them.
When was the last time HO babysat a GM?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-27-2019, 05:22 PMkit Wrote: wbf biggest troll ever on BUF
Only because I cleansed our beautiful city of slime like you and Walrus

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-27-2019, 05:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-27-2019, 05:22 PMkit Wrote: wbf biggest troll ever on BUF
Only because I cleansed our beautiful city of slime like you and Walrus

stop trolling u troll man

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

07-27-2019, 04:07 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
07-27-2019, 04:05 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: This is a betrayal of the highest order

i dont think your a troll WBF, and id guess your probably a rather nice guy.. but this is something that should relate to all 16 GM's who hold an elite and prestigious spot on the site and have an obligation to think about themselves, there teams and the community equally. if someone has a high position then they should be held to a high standard.. right?

wbf is 100% a troll dfym

I disagree. But what we should be doing is holding people to a higher standard ourselves. Running people off the site shouldn’t be acceptable at all, yet people congratulated themselves when they did it to pen, and congratulated themselves when they did it to king. Regardless of what you think of them or their opinions, running people off the site by being toxic as fuck is a terrible look

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Just get rid of the thunderdome and suspend people that are shitty to other people. We all come here to have fun. We don't get paid for this shit and we don't have to pay to play. I get it, disagreements happen and feelings get hurt. So calm down and talk to that person. If that doesn't work, just fuckin ignore em. Be good to each other and we will all have a better time.

Now to be on topic, you can't outright ban them but I feel if their post is anything other than something meant to de-escalate the situation it should be viewed as potential suspension material. The GMs and co-gms have a huge role in how the site looks to everyone and having them fanning the flames is a very bad look for the entire league.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

TBF if a GM is acting like a dummy people who read it will probably take notice and use that knowledge when theyre deciding what team to sign with. I do think they should be held to a higher standard though, but i wouldn't go as far as to ban them from posting. Smile

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

This has never and will never happen, I’m afraid

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]