Create Account

GM/Co GM Standards

I think that rule is more than fair, the GM´s should be the ones who step in and prevent the thunderdomes from happening, now it´s almost the exact opposite, some are in there with the rest of the group making the thunderdomes bigger and nastier.

We should just nuke the forums, max everyone's stats, and just have links go the index.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

07-28-2019, 05:10 AMYour Mothers Favorite Goalie Wrote:
07-27-2019, 05:34 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Just get rid of the thunderdome and suspend people that are shitty to other people. We all come here to have fun. We don't get paid for this shit and we don't have to pay to play. I get it, disagreements happen and feelings get hurt. So calm down and talk to that person. If that doesn't work, just fuckin ignore em. Be good to each other and we will all have a better time.

I've had this convo in my league, I dont think removing TD really accomplishes much. In the end, if someone has something they want to air out, they're going to do it. It's just a matter of where. TD at least gives one spot where people can do it, so it doesnt spill over to the rest of the site (which it still does sometimes, but safe bet it would spill over a lot more with no TD)

SHL does seem to have a reputation when it comes to TD tho

That's the point. Get rid of the TD and start punishing the ones causing drama. We shouldn't have people leaving the site every time they fuck up because someone has to have a stick up their ass. If their grievances can't be handled in PM they should take the case to the HO and let them handle it. Enough is enough with encouraging the shitty behavior just because "if not there then they'll do it on the rest of the site." They won't if they start getting punished for it consistently.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

07-27-2019, 04:57 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Going to have to disagree with you on this one chief. Stifling one's free speech is not only wrong, but it's also just not cool or fun either. If a GM or co-GM wants to make an ass out of themselves in the TD or anywhere on the site, that's their prerogative and they will face whatever consequences that might develop from that.

I think this is the correct take. If a GM/Co-GM wants to make an ass of themselves, they should have the ability to do that. The backlash they receive will be the consequence and who knows, that GM might resign and that spot will be filled with someone else, hopefully someone smart enough to not make a fool of themselves

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-28-2019, 10:34 AMligma Wrote:
07-28-2019, 08:00 AMcpetrella Wrote: “Lynch mob” lmfao. People pretty much ragged on a guy for being a sexist dickhead and called him a boomer and then he just kept being more of an ass. Wouldn’t really call that a lynch mob but what do i know

Trella u were one of my faves b4, you’re shooting up hard in my shl member ranking list

ily and imy crutcho

no shooting up tho say NO to drugs

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

07-28-2019, 08:26 AMGrapehead Wrote:
07-28-2019, 07:11 AMMike Izzy Wrote: But your not ‘all forum members’  You create the environment for a portion of people, you control their playing time, you determine wether they stay in a locker room with there friends... your team looks at you as there leader and the site looks at you as 1 of its influential members ... and how you conduct yourself on a global scale resonates. if people see that person with that power assisting in a member being targeted and then verbally beaten down into leaving the site, its setting a terrible example and giving the site a bad look. All the while assisting in another team getting hurt.

I'm sorry, but there was a member making comments that were offending and alienating members of our forum, so I don't really give a shit if he felt sad and ran away. Fuck penknight, fuck this making him a martyr shit. I hope every member does the same thing to the next sexist dick who tries to troll us into accepting sexism as normal and acceptable behavior. NO! I'm sorry man, I love you izz and all the hard work you do for the site, but there is no problem here, and trying to make penknight out to be some tragic story of GMs overstepping their boundaries is absurd to me. King's departure was about as quick as his arrival, so let's not blame GMs for that either, and then there's weretarantula... who still seems to be here. At this point I'm curious if there are specific posts that I'm overlooking, but as far as I can tell this is all actual fake outrage, unlike the real and justified outrage that penknight drew.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm cranky and posting aggressively

I don't believe I'm in the place to really add anything to the discussion (as I'm not that experienced with matters of the league and whatnot) but from what I've seen at other places, I honestly agree with my current boss.

I understand that a league needs players and as such we should at least try to keep everyone active to make it more fun for everyone and thus minimizing any hazardous behaviour but the problem with doing so is that you're literally just gonna open things up for all sorts of nasty pieces of work which, in all honesty, doesn't look like you guys really had to deal with yet. I've served as a moderator (and still do) in some places, so I'm familiar with this sort of dilemma but in all honesty, keeping people for the sake of activity despite rotten behaviour isn't worth it. 

I'd wager that we'd actually have more notable departures if PenKnight's little saga didn't end with him dropping on his own because that sort of stuff piles up pretty fast. That I'm experienced with and let me tell you, it's not fun. I'm against that rule suggestion because I do believe that GMs can be quite capable to behave in a good manner (if not flat-out calming down things) and don't need to be walled from a section just because of league appearance reasons.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

07-28-2019, 12:15 PMcpetrella Wrote:
07-28-2019, 10:34 AMligma Wrote: Trella u were one of my faves b4, you’re shooting up hard in my shl member ranking list

ily and imy crutcho

no shooting up tho say NO to drugs

likewise boi

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

i get holding gms to a higher standard, i mean bottas shoulda been fired for all of that dankoa screenshot stuffs but you cant restrict them from talking in the td

This is hilarious

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

hilarious that people have a problem with running a sexist off the site because it "hurts NOLA". trust me they'll be better off not having him when it comes to FA, draft, etc etc

07-28-2019, 12:43 PMSamee Wrote: hilarious that people have a problem with running a sexist off the site because it "hurts NOLA". trust me they'll be better off not having him when it comes to FA, draft, etc etc

oui chef gotta agree there

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

07-28-2019, 01:09 AMnotorioustig Wrote:
07-28-2019, 01:09 AMFlareon4043 Wrote: I don't see how this is relevant tbh

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

[Image: 7xGvCAS.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

07-28-2019, 10:08 AMEggy216 Wrote:
07-28-2019, 05:23 AMFordyford Wrote: Honestly, the fact HO didn't step in was pretty disgraceful if you ask me. On the PenKnight issue, if they suspended him, there's a decent chance he'd still be on the site. HO needs to step in to keep the lynch mob in check.

You want us to suspend someone for having a bad opinion?
Yea but it’s not a bad opinion it’s a discriminatory opinion. What if he’d said I don’t think gays shouldn’t be commentating hockey.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

07-28-2019, 12:43 PMSamee Wrote: hilarious that people have a problem with running a sexist off the site because it "hurts NOLA". trust me they'll be better off not having him when it comes to FA, draft, etc etc

well put young sam

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

07-28-2019, 02:49 PMFordyford Wrote:
07-28-2019, 10:08 AMEggy216 Wrote: You want us to suspend someone for having a bad opinion?
Yea but it’s not a bad opinion it’s a discriminatory opinion. What if he’d said I don’t think gays shouldn’t be commentating hockey.
No.

He first made a joke that women were invading hockey or sports commentating (I don't recall exactly, doesn't matter). I am convinced this was a joke since he "blamed Bettman", a popular joke among hockey fans. It's akin to the "Thanks Obama" meme. It's a joke. If you think it's something else, I don't know what to tell you.

He then clarified his stance, saying that the women play-by-play/colour commentators he's listened to just aren't up to par to the seasoned, male, commentators that have traditionally called hockey games for years. I don't know if he made this clarification publicly, but this is what I gathered after speaking to him directly.

He prefers to listen to game audio only if they're calling games. His main gripe is that the on-air chemistry between the male and female commentators he's listened to is mediocre at best. Lots of dead air, poor flow of conversation, etc. It's to be expected for these women who are new to the game. It's the same for male commentators as well, you're working with someone new and you need to develop that on-air chemistry.

This is why I'm in awe of the outrage mob over this. You're just looking for a reason to demonize someone. I stop following after I spoke to him because I already knew how it was going to end. The pressure wouldn't let up, the mob would flame him wherever he made a comment and ultimately leaving the site would be the only option to escape the backlash. I don't blame him at all for reacting the way he has. If you have proof of him explicitly saying that women shouldn't be in hockey or sports broadcasting, I'd love to see it. But as far as I'm concerned this has been a massive overreaction.

Have I summized this clusterfuck pretty accurately, PK? @PenKnight

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]