Create Account

S49 Weekend Funtime: Gift Certificate
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 05:28 PM by Toivo.)

Picked up some hockey pucks with team logos on them. Obviously, I got an LA Panthers one, a Wolfpack one, and a Tampa Bay Barracuda puck which I managed to get signed by their first round draft pick Anthony Archer and big baller defense-man Kristaps Ball. They were $83.33 cents apiece. (@Zach ) (@jcfbey01)

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Thank god SMJHL jerseys are so much cheaper than SHL Jerseys, I went in and bought myself a Soderberg @sköldpaddor Kelowna Knights jersey and a Kennedy @SDCore Anaheim Outlaws Jersey to hang beside my own jersey from my rookie year in my trophy room. No better way to represent your friends than hanging up the jerseys in draft order.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I'd buy a couple things. Firstly, I'd buy a Luke Atmey jersey on sale because he's retiring and it'll definitely be a great piece of memorabilia to own. Next, I'd buy a Jax Duggan jersey so I could take a video of me burning it and try to inspire people to meme the Jets fans. Thirdly, I'd buy a Lions hat because I don't own a piece of Lions gear yet and I feel like I definitely should. Finally, I would return both the Atmey and Duggan jerseys because this is way over $25 and I'm not made of money. The Lions hat will look nice on my shelf.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I would buy 250 Khabib Nurmagomedov Edmonton Blizzard authentic jerseys for $1 each. Those things aren't worth a whole lot right now, but believe me they'll be worth a fortune later on.

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 05:20 PM by bk1689.)

I went out and bought the limited edition set of Calgary Dragons bobble heads. All current players as well as legends of the Dragons past.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

I'd be all about these bobbleheads! There are some very... distinctive mugs in this league where you don't even have to exaggerate the facial features that much to get a funny result, so I would really stack up on those.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 05:47 PM by FinnRhys.)

I took that $250 gift certificate and bought two Knox Booth Toronto North Stars jerseys, one of which I am pretty sure he wore on draft night. They are absolutely a limited edition and if/when Knox becomes a Hall of Famer will easily quadruple my investment infinity-fold. @Tate, can you sign one of my jerseys? I'll split the profits with you when we sell it to a collector.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

I would put my all $250 gift certificate towards getting an authentic rookie Knute Knurtsson San Francisco Pride home jersey. That kid is going to be a super star!

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

After getting drafted I picked a $250 gift card and decided to grab some gear from the new the store. I picked up some Wolfpack gear, a traveling bag, hoodie, sweatpants, and a hat. Next I bought some jerseys; first one was Nicolaj Muller Scarecrows jersey, then a new Texas Renegades Noah Brusky jersey, and finally the jersey of star Wolfpacks Foward Manuel Gotze. I'll get @esilverm and @BrewskyBoy to sign the jerseys when the team comes back for the preseason. Hopefully I can get @Mavfatha to sign the jersey when I get to meet the team.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Currently moving from my apartment in Colorado, to a duplex in Edmonton. I got a little lazy with the paperwork, so it took some time for the gift card to get to me. "$250?" i thought to myself. A hockey stick costs two million, and the art on my wall has been valued at anywhere from 500K to 1.25 million, these exchange rates are whack. I took a trip to the Edmonton strip mall. It was easy to find, as I could see the rotating "Izzy Dogs" sign from the highway. That guy's got a monopoly in Alberta. It's definitely more recognizable than the "SHL Store" behind it, so I'm going to peruse the aisles while placing a mobile IzzyDog order, using the app, now available on iOS.

First, I went to the novelty section. I thought it would be fun to look at throwbacks and discontinued jerseys. There were a few Gorlab jerseys neatly stacked, and a few stacks of King jerseys, each slightly different than the other. One of the employees was fitting a male mannequin with a PenKnight jersey. The female mannequin next to the male one was wearing an apron. I didn't recognize most of the players, as I'm still getting caught up on my league history.

Next, I went to the art department. There were wall pieces signed by @Wasty, @karey, @JNH and @JSS, but they were way out of my budget. There were some pieces of pixel art, made by @GeckoeyGecko that i liked the look. I saw @Lazyeye, the curator, taking down a piece by @Fordyford

There was a game section that interested me. I expected to see "SHL Monopoly" or "Settlers of Calgary" but it was just a bunch of weebs talking about minecraft. There was a D&D S49th edition, with @nykonax on the box. I poked around through the shinny sticks and kids toys, but I didn't see anything too interesting.

The audio section had some historic material which was pretty interesting. Some famous game 7 Play by plays had been narrated by a knock-off Morgan Freeman. There was the @SecondSucks22 "Music of the Week" bin, but it was just a lot of Pup albums. There was a "rare" section, as well, which included a copy of the first episode of "Trella Solo" @"cpetrella" on vinyl. I was interested, but I don't have a record player in my empty duplex.

I got a notification that my hot dog was ready, so i started to head towards the exit. passing the jersey section on the way out, i asked the employee if they kept records of the best and worst selling jerseys, and if so, i would like to see how the Tokolosh jersey is selling. After going to the warehouse to get the inventory ipad, the gentleman told me that there was a lot traffic on their system as a steady stream of "Darrow" Edmonton jerseys were flying off of the shelves @hhh81 in anticipation of some good news.

He told me "The Tokolosh jerseys in your size? we haven't sold any." This was troubling news. I panicked for a second, before recalling that I am a cow, and I asked for clarification. I was hoping that he might even recognize me and I would get to do a little "I'm-just-an-everyday-guy-like-you-man-on-the-street-salt-of-the-earth" bit that i had been working on.
He looked up at me, paused, and explained "Well, we haven't sold any at any size."

Frustrated, i grabbed an Extra-Cow sized jersey off of the shelf and stomped towards the front of the store. I'll sign it and donate it to charity. then they'll have to like me. This line better move quickly, i bet my izzydog is starting to cool.

As i got to the front of the line, I made a show of putting the jersey on the counter, hoping for a glimpse of confirmation. The clerk offered none, but instead asked how i would be paying. I showed her the shiny $250 card and crossed my hooved fingers that I hadn't gotten snaked by the exchange rates. Her face lowered and eyes scrunched as she stared at the card reader.
"Where did you get this card?" she asked.
"Actually, I play hockey for a local team, and the management sent it to me." I expected my humble brag to gain a little traction.
"Hmmm... well, who's your GM?"
"Uh, @Keygan. Why?"
The clerks face smirked. "This is the 'Tankovic Card'. It means that you can use it to get rid of stuff."
"I don't know what that means. like, i can use that card to pay a lawn mower? Its edmonton and I'm in a duplex, there are no lawns"
"No. its more like 'you pay to make something go away' right?"
"like an assassin?"
"no. so this transaction: you've chosen this sweater, and chosen this card as your form of transaction, now you are paying the store $249 for the store to take the sweater off of your hands" $249? no wonder no one's buying these.
"Did other teams get cards like this?"
"Not this season. But I'm sure in the long run you'll see that this was a pretty good deal."

Confused and jerseyless, i took my empty shopping bag, and receipt and left the shop to go to the pickup window. a cold izzy dog. not my favorite, but those things are so damn good. I went to add a little mustard. A fellow that looks like Tom Wilson, but with a better shot, @Mike Izzy leaned out from behind his counter and slapped the surface twice. I looked over, startled. His hand slowly rose and pointed to a sign that listed "Spritz of mustard - $3".
That's how they get you. Those damn izzy dogs.

I drove home with an empty car, $3 poorer than when I had left. When i got home, I saw someone taking down the "For Rent" sign on the opposite side of the duplex. A wood-paneled station wagon was parked out front. The license plate read TANNER2. I can't wait to meet the neighbors.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

I do not know the ratio of regular dollars to SHL dollars but I am going to go ahead and say that I want to use this for equipment….because that’s expensive and my top priority!

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:04 PM by esilverm.)

If i received $250 i would spend it all on madonalds hanburger. A madonald hanburger is $2.49 per hanbuger. That means I, an intellectual can get 100 madonalds hanburgers with a dollar to spare. I then order a $1 cheeseburger from the value menu which is a type of hanburger. I now have 101 madonalds hanburgers.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

As soon as Cassius Darrow walks through the doors, fans and staff alike flock to try to speak to him. He stares blankly, unsure what to do with his attention. He'd spent part of the past night on the phone with several teams about his current status as an unrestricted free agent, but did not expect all this hubbub. He immediately regrets his choice to leave his apartment to use the gift card.

He stops by The Augment Shop, Mike Izzy's latest business venture with high class fashion. All the looks were too.... loud... for the quiet Darrow, so he moved on with just a pair of sharp, classy dress socks.

Next, Darrow went into the SHL team shop, in hopes of finding some new equipment, but was disappointed by all the knick-knacks and "junk."

Eventually, he was hungry and stopped by Scholz and Zehrl, the best food option on the planet. Real Germans making real sausage. After enjoying some delicious home food and dodging a pushy phone salesman (yes, Darrow still is resistant to his smart phone, missing the days of his flip phone.

Darrow's day ends heading back to the team shop to see about jerseys. The salesperson tries to pump him for info where he'll sign, and Darrow just asks for four simple "Buffalo Stampede S48 Challenge Cup Champion" pennants. He'd send them to his mother, sister, Mr. Hamilton, and find time to get back to Germany to lay the final one on his father's grave.

With over $100 remaining, he sees a young child with his mother. He is crying and the mother's eyes are sunken, as if she's had little sleep. Darrow approaches the family and offers them the gift certificate, before leaving. The mother looks on in stunned silence, recognizing two-time Challenge Cup champion Cassius Darrow.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

If I were to get a gift card to the SHL store I would buy a original game worn signed New Orleans Joe Kurczewski. He is my favorite player and what would be better than having a teammates signed jersey to look at every night before i go to bed. Great teammates do the little things in life.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

I would buy @Blastmeaway a St. Louis Scarecrows DeMaricus Smyth jersey. But since he already has a S39 one I'd get him an alternate from today's uniforms.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]