Create Account

Vancouver Whalers 4 Star Cup Championship Parade
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 06:29 PM by dmills3.)

It’s an all-around peaceful afternoon in the beautiful city of Vancouver. Recently, the hometown SMJHL team, the Vancouver Whalers, has won the 4 Star Cup in an intense 7 game series against the formidable Anaheim Outlaws. The parade route is as followed: Start in Stanley Park and travel down West Georgia Street until Granville Street, where we’ll turn right towards Granville Island. Cross the bridge to get to Granville Island. There we will get on a boat and ride down False Creek towards Science World and Creekside Park where we will party like madmen. The Whalers are now ready for their parade! (something the Canucks haven’t experienced yet. Sorry Jax, Teddy and Glyc)

What will the player’s be riding on for the parade? Ford F-150? Silverado? GMC Sierra?

No! They’re on motorcycles folks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First out is Andy Kerr and Egor Kucherov! Andy Kerr had an okay postseason for the Whalers, putting up 7 points, all assists, while also being placed on defense instead of his typical forward position, where he has been his whole career. Kerr also played a physical game for the Whalers, recording 35 hits across 19 games. Egor Kucherov played in a limited role for the Whalers but he prduced when he was called upon. Scoring 1 goal, while be credited for 8 assists while averaging only 12.89 minutes of ice time per game. He was also a +12 in the playoffs, which goes to show how dominate the Whalers were while he was on the ice. Kerr will be forced to leave the Whalers this season as he has surpassed the age required to stay in the SMJHL.

After Kerr and Kucherov comes Joln DuBolk and Casimir Stevens! DuBolk, after bouncing from Lethbridge and Halifax, became a deadline acquisiton for the Whalers. DuBolk put up a total of 30 points in the regular season, 5 of those points came in the 7 games he played in Vancouver before the playoffs started. During the playoffs, DuBolk put up 4 points in 19 games while being a +4, while also leading the team in hits with 39. Stevens, the backup goalie for the Whalers, didn’t have that great of a regular season, recording only a .855 save percentage and 3.08 goals against average. In the playoffs, though, he was solid when Vancouver needed him, stopping 92.3% of the 39 shots he faced. DuBolk will be moving up to his SHL team in the Tampa Bay Barracuda in an attempt to win there now.

Next out is Sami Reider and Cullen Gray! Sami Reider, one of many 3 year tenured Whalers, had a solid regular season, putting up 26 points, which consisted of 8 goals and 18 assists in a mostly 3rd line role. Sami was also one of many Whalers to have an outstanding postseason, putting up 4 goals and 13 assists while maintaing a +11. Cullen Gray, another Whaler with 3 years of tenure, had an *outstanding* regular season. Gray was one cog of the first line that put up 43 points in the regular season. Gray scored 19 goals while tacking on 24 assists all while playing solid defense too, posting a +26 on the season. Much of the same can be said about Gray’s postseason where he, too, recorded 17 points for the Whalers. 

Out come Joe Ackroyd and Jastik Janorksson! Ackroyd played a pretty big role for the S48 Whalers, averaging 18.92 minutes per game, while posting 22 points all while being a defensive stalwart. Ackroyd saw reduced minutes in the playoffs but maintained his steady play, posting 7 points and a +5. Janorksson joined the Whalers late which saw him only dress for 28 games. Jastik had a relatively bad rookie season, not putting up a single point while being a -7. In theplayoffs, Janorksson saw most of the play from the press box as he only played 100 minutes in the playoffs.

Out come 2 huge players in the cup run for the Whalers, Kaspars Claude and Kasperi Braulin! Claude was arguably the best defenseman for the Whalers during both the regular season and the postseason. During the regular season, Claude put up 6 goals and 23 assists, good for 29 points. During the postseason, Claude was an absolute beast. He scored 18 points, almost a point per game pace, from the blueline. Braulin, whom took over the starting job from Casimir Stevens early in the regular season, had an absolute monster season, which has put him in Whalers recordbooks and left him in contention for Goalie of the Year in the SMJHL. Braulin had a 20-11-5 record while posting a .915 save percentage and a 1.91 goals against average, both of those stats had him first in the league.

In come Bobby Bobcalf and Jon Forty-One! Both players were important 2nd line wingers for the Whalers during the cup run. Bobcalf scored 16 goals to go along with 20 assists in the regular season. Bobcalf elevated his already intense play style in the playoffs where he scored 8 goals and added 10 assists while playing almost 19 minutes a night. Jon Forty-One, the self-proclaimed 2nd round bust, rejuvinated his play this season after a disappointing rookie season. He put up an even 16 goal, 16 assist split that has put him in contention for Most Improved Player award. In the playoffs, Jon played like the madman he is off the ice, scoring 10 goals and 9 assists, while playing all-purpose minutes for the Whalers. We caught up with Jon during the parade to ask him a few questions. Here’s how it went:

Kim Watkins: “Hey Jon. Glad to see you out here having fun with the fans.”
Jon Forty-One: “Thanks Kim. It’s great to see the city of Vancouver show up like this.”
Kim: “ So my first question is, what was i…”
Jon: “Stop there. You should give me your number.”
Kim: *blushing* “Oh Jon that’s flattering but I really don’t th...”
Jon: [Image: giphy.gif]

Next up is Jean Paul- Boivin and Artem Mozgov! Jean-Paul, a late addition to the Whalers roster, joined the league at a young age so he didn’t perform as expected right away but he’s expected to move up to a larger role this upcoming season. Boivin didn’t post a single point in his 17 regular season games, that saw him in a limited role. That same trend continued into the postseason, but don’t let that distract you from the fact that Boivin has sleeper potential. In the upcoming SHL draft, Boivin isn’t projected in the first round but he’s a great locker room guy that looks like he could be a top 6 forward in the SHL. Another S49 prospect, Artem Mozgov, had about what you’d expect from a rookie  in the SMJHL. He scored 8 goals and 3 assists in 10.72 average minutes of ice time per game in the regular season. Mozgov had a reduced role in the playoffs where he only scored 1 goal in 19 games and played an average of 8.36 minutes per game. Mozgov is projected as a fringe 1st round pick this upcoming draft where he could fall into the 2nd round or be taken in the 1st round. Similar to Boivin, Mozgov is great in the locker room and is reportedly in contention to become a captain this upcoming season in Vancouver. If I’m an SHL team, I’d be excited to get the chance to draft Artem.

Jan Zacha and Jared Lammi are next! Zacha, a native Swede, had an okay rookie season, putting up an even 5 goal, 5 assist split while also being an important role on the PK for Vancouver. Zacha had his minutes somewhat reduced in the playoffs were he managed only 3 assists, but he was solid defensively, posting a +1. Zacha, with some SHL pedigree in his blood, is projected to be a top 10 pick in this upcoming SHL draft. SHL teams seem to like the defensive minded centerman and what he offers to the team in both the locker room and on the ice. Lammi didn’t see much success this season as he didn’t post a point in 43 games played. In the playoffs, Lammi was healthy scratched for all the playoffs, as he had to take time away from the team to personal reasons, but returned to give the team support in the locker room. Look for Lammi to be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Next come Mike Richard and Mikas Bieksa! Richard never really got out of the 4th line role this season, but he did manage to score 3 goals in 349 total minutes played. In the playoffs, much of the same could be said for Richard as he only played 64 minutes total, where he didn’t score a point. Bieksa, who joined the team 11 games into the season, scored 2 goals and 5 assists during the regular season, where he saw a decent amount of minutes on the blueline. During the playoffs, Bieksa scored some big goals for Vancouver, while scoring 5 total goals, while also posting a +9 and blocking 11 shots. Bieksa is projected to be a fringe 1st round draft pick, whereas Richard has been projected to be undrafted or taken late in the 3rd round.

Out come the Bash Bros, Jax Duggan and Dale Miller! Duggan, a former 1st Overall pick by the Winnipeg Jets, had an all-around good season on the blueline for Vancouver. He potted 4 goals and tacked on 22 assists while logging 1003 minutes of all-situation ice time. In the playoffs, Jax played some minutes on defense, and also got moved up to 2nd line wing around the time of the finals. There, he scored 4 goals and added 11 assists, while being a +15. Miller somewhat surpised many people with the season he had. He scored 18 goals and 16 assists while being a +18 in what seemed to be a breakout season for the former 2nd round draft pick. In the playoffs, Miller errupted for 10 goals and 12 assists in 19 games, which put him in contention for playoff and finals MVP.

Finally, out come Theo Morgan and captain Aaron Wilson! Morgan and Wilson were the other 2 cogs of the 1st line for the Whalers. Morgan potted 23 goals and added 20 assists while shooting an outstanding 19.33% during the regular season, where Wilson posted 15 goals and 28 assists. Both players scored a total of 43 points, if you notice. Remember how Gray also scored 43 points? That’s right, the entire 1st line scored 43 points each. In the playoffs, Morgan couldn’t get much puck luck as he only put up 5 goals and 7 assists. On the other hand, Wilson went completley off the rails, scoring 10 goals and 14 assists which put him up there with Dale Miller for playoff MVP.

Here the player’s are all off their motorcycles and getting onto the boats to make their way across False Creek on the way to Creekside Park where some players are looking forward to addressing the fans.

First up to the stage is captain Aaron Wilson!

First of all, I’d like to thank Luke, Glyc, and Infidel for building this amazing team. In S46 we weren’t very good but we knew the future was bright because we boasted one of the youngest and most promising rosters in the league. Gray, Duggan, Ackroyd, Rieder, Morgan, Volkov, Miller. Over the next 2 seasons we got some great people that complimented the S46 core well: Bobcalf, Forty-One, Claude, Dubolk, Mozgov, Zacha, Bieksa, Boivin.

Everyone was disappointed when we lost to Detroit in the S46 wild card round but at the same time we realized that wasn’t our year. After working hard all offseason most of us were capped by S47, plus we still had Argar, Karazija, Mikulak, and Vrzala. Then we traded for Sloth at the deadline, and our team was absolutely stacked. We started well in the playoffs by sweeping Armada, but dropped the first 3 games vs Montreal in the next round. That just didn’t make any sense, our roster was much better, yet we were on the brink of elimination. We avoided the sweep but ultimately lost in 6 games, and didn’t even reach the finals.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from S48, we were losing a few players to call-ups but so were other teams since this was the 4th season after a reddit draft. Our management really got the timing right because having this team built around S46 class meant that once again, we had one of the best rosters in the league.

I really liked how we played in preseason and for the first 10-20 games, we absolutely dominated opponents possession-wise. Around a midway point we decided to focus on player development instead and gave our rookies more minutes. I think it was the right decision, and maybe we could’ve won the presidents trophy if we had tried but it’s not that important.

So we went into the playoffs as the 4th seed. Started off great by giving Montreal a taste of their own medicine and winning the first 3 games. Perhaps we got a little complacent at that point because we lost the next 3 and allowed them to force a game 7. It was incredibly frustrating but honestly looking back this was one of my favorite times as a Whaler. Before the game 7 multiple alumni came into our LR and wished us luck, everyone was nervous and excited. Crazy to think that our run could’ve ended there. But we won 4-0 and advanced.

Next we faced Anchorage. They’re a very good team that kind of underperformed in the regular season and it wasn’t gonna be easy, but for some reason we always play well against them and we beat them in 5 games.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous after we lost the first 2 games vs Anaheim but if there is one word to describe this team, it’s resilience. We were able to fight back from 0-2 and 2-3 deficits to force a winner-take-all game 7. This was a strange series because we kept losing by 1 goal away and then winning 5-2 at home. I think it’s fair to say we were favorites to win the cup but I knew game 7 could go either way, however we finally brought our offense to Anaheim and won 6-2.

This was a crazy playoff run, and the fact that it wasn’t easy is what makes it special. So many people stepped up in a big way. The Braulin wall. Dale 22 points, Jon 19 points, Bobby 18 points, Claude 18 points as a defenseman, Gray and Rieder with 17, Jax with 15 points and +15. It’s ridiculous how good this team is. But even if you didn’t score a lot of points, you still found other ways to contribute (looking at you Theo and your 3 GT goals). It was truly a team victory. I’d also like to give a shout-out to our rookies Bieksa, Zacha, Mozgov and Boivin for accepting smaller roles in the playoffs and being great teammates about it. You’re the future here.

I’d like to announce that I will be going up to SHL and playing for Hamilton Steelhawks next season. I’ve been on the fence about this all season but deep down I know this is the right decision, a lot of people retired and now it’s our time. This doesn’t make it any less bittersweet, however. I’m very happy to have Dale Miller as my teammate both in Vancouver, Canada and now Hamilton. To the rest of you – I know you will go on to become superstars in SHL, and I can’t wait to compete against you.

So looks like this is it for my career as a Whaler. It’s been incredible 3 seasons. Thank you everyone. We’re the 4 star cup champions, don’t ever forget that.

*the crowd erupts in cheers for Aaron Wilson and chants for MVP*

Next up we’d like to have Jax Duggan!
First and foremost I would like to thank the entire Whalers managment staff for putting together this team. Without people like Arnost, Barrett, Petr, and our own Aaron we probably wouldnt have made it to the finals let alone win the whole damn thing, on that note, Tokek did nothing and I would like that recognized. Second I would like to thank the fans, there would be no parade, or even Whalers organization without you and we are eternally grateful. On that note, WE FUCKING DID IT, WE WON, FUCK ANCHORAGE AND FUCK HALIFAX, WE DID IT BABY LETS PARTY!

Next up is Theo Morgan!

Oh man, look at everyone out here. I just wanna start out by saying thank you to all the fans! You guys stuck by us all season long and man am I happy to be standing here in front of you all a champion. We did this one for you! You guys stuck by us through these past few seasons. We came up short and even this season it looked like it might not happen. But we knew, we knew all along that we weren’t only playing for each other, but for every single one of you who proudly supports the blue and green. I couldn’t be happier with what we’ve accomplished. WE FUCKING DID IT BOYS, LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

We now welcome Dale Miller!

I’d first off like to start by thanking all the fans for making their way out here to celebrate with us. We couldn’t have won this season without y’all out there supporting us every damn night. Next up I’d like thank our management team in Luke, Infidel, Glyc, Teddy, efiug, and Aaron. If it wasn’t for y’all then I have no clue where we would’ve ended up. So thank you guys for signing me here once I entered the league. I wouldn’t have wanted to do this anywhere else than right here in Vancouver. I’d also like to thank my brothers standing behind me. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have been able to play how I did. I’m grateful for all of them and that’s what’s going to hurt me when I say this. I’ll be moving up to Hamilton next season. Along with Aaron, I leave behind some of my best friends and favorite teammates here…

*At this moment it looks like a fan climbs onto the stage.*
 Holy shit! It’s Gabriel Johnson, defenseman for the Anchorage Armada! He’s looking to take out Miller! 
[Image: cartoon-blam-text_1498574.jpg]
It looks like Jax Duggan absolutely obliterates Johnson! The crowd is erupting into cheers and “Fuck Anchorage!” chants!

*Johnson is carried away by security as the parade continues on*
*Miller picks back up where he left off*

So, before I was so rudely interrupted, I leave behind some of the best people I have ever met here. I’m excited for my next chapter and it makes it a lot easier to leave now that we got to bring a championship back to this beautiful city of Vancouver. But I’d like my last words here to be WE’RE FUCKING CHAMPS BABY LET’S FUCKING GO!!!!!

Next up we have Jean-Paul Boivin!

“Um... My name is Jean- Poo- I mean Jean-Paul... and I am here for two reasons. Pus- I mean Poo- I mean Boats and Chicks. I would like to thank my Mom for birthing me. Couldn't have done it without her." Jean-Paul fumbles with his notes, staring at the ground. He leans into the mic, slightly shaking as he utters his next words, "I would also like to thank the Vancouver staff for bailing me out that one night after Game 2. My draft mate, Artem, for, uh, being a cool guy. Uhhh... also I would like to thank the Braulin Wall for keeping us afloat when our special teams couldn't produce. Hehe. Got 'em." Jean seems to pat himself on the back for the slam. "I don't know where I am gonna end up on Wednesday, but I know Vancouver is pretty cool with me." Jean-Paul gives a slight nod to this statement. His confidence visibly raising with each passing phrase.  "To close out this puppy, if any GMs are watching I would like you all to know, I am easily a top ten draft pick. Please pick me, GMs. I hear the snow bunnies are legendary, and the Outlaws are an awful team name.

We’d like to welcome Jon Forty-One to the stage!

Jon walks up in front of the crowd next and has a microphone in his hand ready to talk to the people. Shockingly, it is all cheers. He was not really the most popular player for the fans of the Vancouver Whalers but he definitely is one of them now. He lifts the microphone to his mouth to begin his legendary speech!

“You. Are. Welcome.” Jon Forty-One then proceeds to drop the microphone on the floor and walk back to where he was sitting just before having to do this. However half the players tell him to go back laughing whilst they say it to properly say some words to the fans. It does not seem like the most hated team mate of the Vancouver Whalers is that hated any more. I wonder why?

He reluctantly goes back and picks the microphone back up and it gets a handful of cheers. He scratches his chin and looks for what to say for a few seconds. He had basically decided that was all he was going to say and now he had to improvise. Finally, Jon Forty-One, the best performing Right-Wing players in the play-offs and one of the big 3 players and record breakers begins to talk.

“Oh man. I err...I did not think I would actually have to say anything in this past that. Well, um. Forgive me if I ramble a bit but this really has been a long journey of a season. Way, waaaay harder and longer than my rookie season so I need to track back a bit.

I am not going to bore you with the details cause I am sure everyone does not want to here me complain about the draft more than I already do but I have literally never felt so hurt or low in my life than watching each and every one of my team mates go to amazing locations in the Simulation Hockey League that promised me they would draft me and just never did. If truth be told I hated each and every one of you in my draft class and seeing the elder players be happy with you made me just even more angry. I am man enough to admit that this was just basically the sin of greed.”
Jon coughs to clear his throat real quick. It is a tad awkward. “The starting of this season I had changed and I had zero issues fighting or arguing back to any of you. I do not think a worse team training in living history of the junior league has ever happened than us playing again after the International Junior Championships. We were an alright team to begin with but it was just highly awkward I think everyone can agree with. You guys probably saw it too.” Damn near the Guinness world record of most people nodding at one time including every team mate he is talking about doing it.

“Just before half way through the season I had one particularly bad game. I think it was against Anchorage and for those who do not know I always try my hardest vs them purely cause I could have gone to them instead of Vancouver and it makes me want to beat them in a friendly rivalry type way. Anyway, this game went badly and I really just took a step back and did not really see much in terms of a future. This is legitimately the only thing I have ever wanted to do in my life and I was in an escapable corner. It was basically Jon vs the world. Even if I somehow fought to beat ever team in this level I had a whole major league in the form of Simulation Hockey League with teams always improving to even attempt to beat. It was borderline claustrophobic.

But then one of my team mates did something insane to me. It was Aaron Wilson. I cannot exactly remember what you said to me nor may you but you said something a long the lines of not to worry about it and we will get them in the next game. It was borderline confusing. I was trying to figure out if this was some sort of spying technique to lure me in a false sense of security. I complimented him of playing well again, cause honestly when didn't he play well this season.
It was just weird for me. I did not think anyone on the roster would even do that at that point. I complimented him back and then he actually ended up helping me improve. Like legitimately improve too. Look at my second half of the season. I do so much better and it was thanks to his help. After a while the other team mates were telling me 'Good job' or 'Nice shot' and we were starting to click. Way too late to get into the top 3 but I had finally found myself having fun with this sport of Ice Hockey again.

I do not think I need to go into much detail about the play-offs but that was really when I personally think everything clicked at just the right time. I do not know what the opinions of every player around me has but I feel like we came to respect each others ability with the shared goal of beating the living fuck out of every other team. We knew we were better than the Montreal Militia. We knew we were better than the Anchorage Armada and we sure as god damn shit knew we were better than the Anaheim Outlaws.

Statistically yeah they had the 3-2 head to head but the 3 wins they had did not have Jon. Fucking. Forty. Fucking. One. Playing with chemistry and the respect of my team mates and the second that happened is the second this team clicked into being the best team in the junior league. We are all super talented and will go places in the Simulation Hockey League but we knew we deserved this cup and to bring it home to the best and most loyal fucking fans in either league!” As you can imagine a lot of cheers from the fans who are very happy right now.
“So I would like to thank the General Manager Luke. I wish him all the best at the forgiven Manhattan Rage. I wish to thank Aaron Wilson for helping me a hell of a lot and for your play-off performances. I guess I would like to thank Duck. I was the Most Valuable Player in finals lets be honest buuuut you are a great guy and an amazing player. Something about all us going in the 2nd round that makes Vancouver Whalers insane apparently. Also, special thanks to Kasperi Braulin. Without you acting like a literal brick wall we do not stand a chance and through all the bullshit of those delusional Anaheim fucks thinking they had the best person in net. Let it be known the history books will always have him as the player who did not concede a bare minimum of 5 fucking goals and had one of the best regular seasons ever recorded!

Most importantly I would like to thank the fans of the Vancouver Whalers. You made us never give up, we wanted it more and it helped drive each and every one of us. You have been nothing but respectful and kind and I feel like my dream of being a legend for the Vancouver Whalers is one step closer with this play-off performance. I genuinely love this team and I genuinely love you guys  for now giving me all the support I could ever imagine.” Jon Forty-One at this point starts choking up a little and you can see a small tear collecting around the side of his eye in happiness. A lot of the players behind him all say 'Awwww!' with a few people closer to the front doing it as well that can make it out.

Jon just turns around and tells them away from the microphone to “Shut the fuck up!” before turning around to continue. Jon is still Jon it seems, even when wholesome. The rets of the players just laugh cause they know how to push the teddy bear's buttons now.
“To not ramble on a lot longer I would just like to say that this season whilst challenging was worth every season and I cannot wait to go and attempt to become back-to-back champions. I think we have an amazing team that is mostly staying together and we have the ability to go far and win the season 49 season as well. Especially with the rookies we have and also good luck to them in the draft, you will probably mean it.

Sooo yeah. I err...Prefer my first speech more but hopefully you will support us just as hard next season even when rough patches happen and look forward to play-offs!” Jon then goes back to sit down and he gets claps from just about everyone surprisingly. A small smile can be seen and is recorded but he would deny this ever happened.

Artem Mozgov! You’re up!

First off I wanted to thank the Vancouver Whalers organization for recognizing my talents and signing me after the draft, the coaches and players who helped me along the way. I had a blast this season and wont forget the locker room atmosphere we had and the memories we created, winning the cup as a rookie is just the cherry on top, good bye to our graduating members and welcome to our newly drafted players. Time to reload and go win ourselves another cup! Are you with me Vancouver?!?!

*Aaron Wilson steps back up to the microphone*
“Okay guys so we have one player who couldn’t make it to the parade today and that’s Igor Volkov. He did manage to send us a letter for us to read off to you guys. So here it goes.”

Hello fellow Whalers. I apologize that I couldn’t be present for the parade. I was going to Titan to watch another hockey game without all of the 80-minute lag time you’d get from Earth. Light can only travel so fast, you know. When I was getting ready to land, I suddenly ran out of fuel and I crashed. I think I might have made a serious error somewhere in the calculations. But never mind that. The inhabitants of Titan aren’t exactly keen on helping me fix my ship. If anyone could intercept Saturn via Jupiter and retrieve me this week, that would be appreciated. I need to report on next week’s game.

Attached is a diagram of the solar system at the time I sent this letter. It should help you in figuring out how to get to me.

(By the way, I’m not sure how the interplanetary mail system can safely send physical letters between worlds, but sending organisms is illegal for some reason. Please let me know why.)

First, I would like to congratulate you on your hard-earned win against Anaheim. It was intense. We lost hope, we turned it around, we lost hope again, we turned it around, we sent Anaheim to the Thunderdome, and eventually, we won the Four-Star Cup for Season 48.

When I joined the North American junior leagues, it was a huge change from my days in Russia. It was a new culture and a new life. I still keep in touch with my friends from Russia, and some have left Russia to live with me on this new continent.

I tried figuring things out on my own, but I struggled. I fell behind my teammates. The team captain Aaron Wilson noticed this. He told me what to work on and what to claim to get more Total Points Earned. I got to the cap just in time for the Cup thanks to him. If it weren’t for him, we might not have won the Cup. I owe much of my success to him.
I also want to thank Luke Thomason, our General Manager for this last season after he stepped down. He introduced me to the league and helped integrate me into the team as a Whaler.

As for the rest of you, you were all fun to interact with. I don’t know most of you too well, but you were fun. You were all needed to help me get to where I am now. Also credit to Jax Duggan for tying my skates this past season, even though this alienated him to leave to Winnipeg. I will remain in contact with all of you throughout the seasons, and even after you’ve retired. I will even attend every last one of your funerals if I am the last one of you guys alive. If I am not, I ask that you do the same for me.

I look forward to joining Minnesota in the future, and I hope that I have a great time there.

Sincerely,
 [Image: unknown.png]
Igor Volkov

Now we would like to have the man himself, the Braulin Wall, Kasperi Braulin!

Wow, what a season! I want to thank management for giving me a shot. This time last year, I was just a backup goalie going into another season as a backup. Now, I’m an MVP candidate and a champion. Huge shoutout to everyone on the team, the boys played their hearts out and we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them.

[Image: image0.jpg]
Kasperi Braulin, visibly intoxicated, celebrating the parade.

Quote:2x Draft Media
since i did use other people's words i have to divy them up
i, myself, typed 3,027 words
@SecondSucks22 typed 100 words
@Otrebor13 typed 119 words
@Nokazoa typed 206 words
@C9Van typed 1,530 words
@diacope typed 89 words
@TheHockeyist typed 506 words
@TheFlash typed 62 words

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Not pictured here is Theo getting so hammered Wilson had to carry him onto the stage like he carried him his whole junior career

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Whalers

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

In the back you have me passed out from all the day drinking if anyone was wondering

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Way to put me and Aaron together so it can highlight just how much of a non factor I was in the playoffs. THANKS A LOT DALE.

Love this team and super excited we accomplished what we set out to do. Whalers

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Where is the bit about Jean-Paul getting shit faced and throwing rice bags at kids from the side car of the motorsycle that Mozgov is driving? WHERE IS IT?

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 09:56 PM by TheHockeyist.)

Igor returns to Earth to thank his remaining fans, after getting @SecondSucks22 Jax Duggan to tie his skates for him one last time.

Terribly sorry I couldn't be there at the parade - I'm back, guys!

I wish you all well in Minnesota!

Igor drops the mic, and it breaks.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)