Create Account

Post Draft Interview Kevin Robinson
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 11:47 AM by leftwing42.)

(2x media week)

Today we have an interview that gives an insight to the draft process from the eyes of a draft prospect.  We always hear from the media and the teams about their process, but have you ever thought about the thoughts from a draftee?  Recent Anaheim outlaws draft pick Kevin Robinson dropped in to give us his thoughts.

Interviewer : How's everything been going for you these past few days?
Kevin Robinson : Everything's been great.  A lot of running around with the draft and the showcase, training camp starting up now, but it's been great.  Really good experience.

I : How did the draft go for you?
KR : The draft was a really cool experience for me.  You know, you always follow along with the drafts on TV thinking about one day it being you so it was surreal.

I : You were drafted in the 5th round, 49th overall, did you expect to go higher?  Disappointing by your slot?
KR : No, I keep up with the draft media as much as the next guy, so I know I wasn't pegged as a top pick.  This was a pretty big draft class anyway, with so many options it's really just good to be picked at all.  I believe if you don't go number 1 it's better to slide a little bit.  That way you go to a better team, you know?  That was one of the things I wanted.  A winning team and a great environment, and I'm lucky enough to get both with Anaheim.

I : So I take it you're happy with your team?
KR : Oh absolutely. Everyone has been really welcoming of me and in the short time I've been in the locker room it's just a great place with a good group of guys.

I : So let's talk about you as a player.  Describe your playing style for the people that haven't seen you play.
KR : Sure!  I'm more of a shutdown forward, so far I've really been focusing on my defense and take pride in stopping the other team's best player.  While it's not my main game, I have a decent shot and can help out on offense as well.

I : Anyone you model your game after?
KR : Kind of similar to Ryan Kesler, around 2010.  Without all the....extra on ice stuff, if you know what I mean hahaha.  Not as much diving for sure.

I : Well I think that's about all we have time for today, thanks for coming in.
KR : Thanks for having me!

Kevin Robinson just finished up playing in the SMJHL Prospect showcase, where he put up a point per game clip with 40 points in 40 games, including 16 goals, for a first seeded Bighorns team.  To go along with that, Robinson also contributed 2 points in 3 playoff games in a first round exit.  We're very excited to see what he manages in his rookie year in juniors, and I'm sure we'll have a repeat of this interview after he gets drafted to the SHL, maybe with an even higher selection.

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]

Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

nice article @leftwing42...it's double media week so you could claim a 2x double media bonus and save your 2x first article bonus for your next article

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

08-05-2019, 11:09 AMBDonini Wrote: nice article @leftwing42...it's double media week so you could claim a 2x double media bonus and save your 2x first article bonus for your next article

Ahh good call, gotta maximize things!

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]