Create Account

Max contract length

08-06-2019, 09:32 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
08-06-2019, 09:23 AMGrapehead Wrote: It doesn't allow for players to be locked in for cheap though. They'd have to be paid $4m minimum. Currently you have to reach tier 5 in order to sign a contract beyond 3 seasons, which is 1000 TPE and $4m minimum. Tommy's suggestion was that so long as the contract was $4m minimum, it could exceed 3 seasons regardless of their current TPE. How is that enabling GMs to get players cheaper?

Because that is still a minimum contract. That is literally, by definition, cheap. A $4m salary still requires players to make $4m+ per season just to afford 5 TPE weekly training. It is taking advantage of members' relative naivety to lock them into team friendly deals... If you look at it from the perspective of member retention, it will encourage some members to burn out more quickly. Which is one reason why the current rules have a 3 season max length for members who have not reached 1000 TPE... It takes time to become fully acquainted to the league and the effort involved in earning TPE at a given rate.

I didn't realize that giving a player what they asked for, unprompted, was taking advantage of them. Give me a break man.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-06-2019, 09:43 AMGrapehead Wrote:
08-06-2019, 09:32 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Because that is still a minimum contract. That is literally, by definition, cheap. A $4m salary still requires players to make $4m+ per season just to afford 5 TPE weekly training. It is taking advantage of members' relative naivety to lock them into team friendly deals... If you look at it from the perspective of member retention, it will encourage some members to burn out more quickly. Which is one reason why the current rules have a 3 season max length for members who have not reached 1000 TPE... It takes time to become fully acquainted to the league and the effort involved in earning TPE at a given rate.

I didn't realize that giving a player what they asked for, unprompted, was taking advantage of them. Give me a break man.

Why so defensive? You literally ignored everything I said here aside from about 10 words and took it as if I were accusing you of something. There are 16 teams in the league that would all be in the position of potentially taking advantage of new members' naivety. Not just the Pride.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

08-06-2019, 09:47 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
08-06-2019, 09:43 AMGrapehead Wrote: I didn't realize that giving a player what they asked for, unprompted, was taking advantage of them. Give me a break man.

Why so defensive? You literally ignored everything I said here aside from about 10 words and took it as if I were accusing you of something. There are 16 teams in the league that would all be in the position of potentially taking advantage of new members' naivety. Not just the Pride.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying GMs are out to fuck their players over lol. Just when it comes to cap management, it can encourage members to take deals that will end up negatively influencing their activity, especially if we remove the 3 season contract length maximum for those under 1k tpe.

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

08-06-2019, 10:03 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
08-06-2019, 09:47 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Why so defensive? You literally ignored everything I said here aside from about 10 words and took it as if I were accusing you of something. There are 16 teams in the league that would all be in the position of potentially taking advantage of new members' naivety. Not just the Pride.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying GMs are out to fuck their players over lol. Just when it comes to cap management, it can encourage members to take deals that will end up negatively influencing their activity, especially if we remove the 3 season contract length maximum for those under 1k tpe.

Excuse my defensiveness, I'm just fucking sick of seeing people throw these comments out like GMs are actively working against the players. You seem to be assuming that my proposal is to sign as many players as possible to long-term contracts as quickly as possible, but you seem to be ignoring that some players set out to sign long-term deals and play their whole career with one team, as well as the fact that committing $4m to a player is a huge risk for a team, and not at all advantageous. This proposal was based on the interests of players, and not me as a GM, which is why I retracted my original proposal that advantaged the team more than the player.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 10:50 AM by efiug.)

08-06-2019, 10:43 AMGrapehead Wrote:
08-06-2019, 10:03 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Just to be clear, I'm not saying GMs are out to fuck their players over lol. Just when it comes to cap management, it can encourage members to take deals that will end up negatively influencing their activity, especially if we remove the 3 season contract length maximum for those under 1k tpe.

Excuse my defensiveness, I'm just fucking sick of seeing people throw these comments out like GMs are actively working against the players. You seem to be assuming that my proposal is to sign as many players as possible to long-term contracts as quickly as possible, but you seem to be ignoring that some players set out to sign long-term deals and play their whole career with one team, as well as the fact that committing $4m to a player is a huge risk for a team, and not at all advantageous. This proposal was based on the interests of players, and not me as a GM, which is why I retracted my original proposal that advantaged the team more than the player.

yeah I don't really see how giving a younger player a long 4 mil contract is a problem, like how many of them are making more than that currently?

I think it's good that we have maximum contract lengths, the system has worked well since being implemented and is there really anyone who has lost anything because of it, aside from the occasional GM who got an inexperienced or naive player to sign a contract that they later regret?

I do think there are a few ways we could make the system more flexible though. For example, we could make it so that Players can sign contracts that exceed the current max, but for every extra year their Minimum salary would rise by 1M. So instead of signing for 5 years at 5M per, you could also sign vor 6x6, 7x7 and so on. So teams could lock up their star Players long-term but it would cost Thema, just Like in real Life. WE would probably need a moderate cap-raise to go along with it though so that teams have enough breathing room to actually use it, which comes with some new drawbacks.

08-06-2019, 10:57 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I think it's good that we have maximum contract lengths, the system has worked well since being implemented and is there really anyone who has lost anything because of it, aside from the occasional GM who got an inexperienced or naive player to sign a contract that they later regret?

Well there are the players who came to me asking for 4, 5, or 6 season contracts, they lost out... and I can't think of a GM who tricked a naive player into signing a contract they later regret, can you give me a recent example? cause it's really shitty to imply GMs would do that.

@Eggy216 can you delete this thread? it's trying to take advantage of children, and circumvent the cap, and tamper, and ... just shut it down for god's sake before someone gets hurt by this obvious power grab from the evil GMs.

08-06-2019, 11:13 AMGrapehead Wrote:
08-06-2019, 10:57 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I think it's good that we have maximum contract lengths, the system has worked well since being implemented and is there really anyone who has lost anything because of it, aside from the occasional GM who got an inexperienced or naive player to sign a contract that they later regret?

Well there are the players who came to me asking for 4, 5, or 6 season contracts, they lost out... and I can't think of a GM who tricked a naive player into signing a contract they later regret, can you give me a recent example? cause it's really shitty to imply GMs would do that.

I'm stuck in Hamilton for another three seasons

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-06-2019, 11:24 AMztevans Wrote:
08-06-2019, 11:13 AMGrapehead Wrote: Well there are the players who came to me asking for 4, 5, or 6 season contracts, they lost out... and I can't think of a GM who tricked a naive player into signing a contract they later regret, can you give me a recent example? cause it's really shitty to imply GMs would do that.

I'm stuck in Hamilton for another three seasons

touche

Recently? No, because we have rules preventing it. But pre-S30, before the Changes, it happened quite frequently i'd say.

I'm not saying that the GMs have sinister motives here, but they are the only oneswho benefit from these long-ass contracts. The Players dont get anything Out of it at all, all they get is less flexibility. Financial Security, a big reason in real Life, isnt an Argument in a League like this one because if you are active, then there ist no was your Team wont offer to re-sign you at the same conditions once the 3-5 years are Up. Thats why i think my Suggestion could Work quite Well, because it would give the gms the Chance to Lock Up players Long Term, but the Players would get Something Out of it as Well.

How did they lose out? They can sign multiple deals

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 11:38 AM by Baelor Swift.)

08-06-2019, 11:14 AMGrapehead Wrote: @Eggy216 can you delete this thread? it's trying to take advantage of children, and circumvent the cap, and tamper, and ... just shut it down for god's sake before someone gets hurt by this obvious power grab from the evil GMs.

Stop deliberately mischaracterising the arguments of those who don't agree with changing the maximum contract lengths. You put this up for discussion and members are providing feedback. I will say it for the third time, at least:

I AM NOT SAYING GMS ARE DELIBERATELY TRYING TO FUCK OVER ANYONE. I AM SAYING THAT THERE IS NO TANGIBLE BENEFIT TO THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBER WHO SIGNS, FOR EXAMPLE, ONE 6 SEASON DEAL @ 4 MILLION PER SEASON INSTEAD OF TWO 3 SEASON DEALS @ 4 MILLION PER SEASON.

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

08-06-2019, 11:14 AMGrapehead Wrote: @Eggy216 can you delete this thread? it's trying to take advantage of children, and circumvent the cap, and tamper, and ... just shut it down for god's sake before someone gets hurt by this obvious power grab from the evil GMs.

I love when people fight against a rule that gives everyone more options and doesn't result in additional competitive advantage for anyone.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

08-05-2019, 07:53 PMSymmetrik Wrote: All this would change would allow GMs to get top earners on infinite 3 mil deals instead of 4 mil. The absolute top earners do so much else they don't need contract money, they'll just sign a 3 mil 20 year deal, and will essentially be a never ending additional home town discount.

This suggestion is only so that GMs can pay less for their best earners. That's literally all that it would do.

I'm the exception to that, I need more money like 24/7 lol

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]