Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

When it comes to the San Franciso Pride and where they would head if the league ever brought in a farm system. I think the ideal place for the team would be located out of Sacramento. The close proximity would be key for local fans to learn the younger players coming up through the ranks, but also make it easy for calls ups and send downs. As far of team names that would be left up to the city of Sacramento, but I would push hard for the purchase of the Lethbridge Lions and moving them to the Sacramento area. As far as staff there are a lot of great gm's out there but my main goal would be to talk Jenny and EJ27 out of retirement to fill out the role. I know they have had success in the past working with the junior team and players and I think they are the perfect team to take control of the team.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

If the SHL were to introduce a affiliation system, the Tampa Bay Barracudas would look to locate their affiliate in Fort Lauderdale. The team would be named the Fort Lauderdale Snowbirds. The moniker of the Snowbirds would honour the residents from Canada that migrate to the coastal city every year. The team's logo would feature a crest the has an image of the Canadian snowbird military aircraft with the colours of the parent club. Florida has a growing hockey community and it just makes sense to keep the affiliate team down the road to allow for quick call-ups. At the helm of this organization would be @jcfbey01 as he as plenty of GM experience in his past and would run the affiliate properly. He as been a trusted member of the SHL for many seasons now and would do a fantastic job at overseeing the development of the organization's prospects.

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

I actually think such an endeavour should have minor league teams tied to Divisions or multiple teams, not just one team. So with that in mind I propose:

Northwest Division Minor League Team: Regina Rampage

The Regina Rampage would collect spare players and draftees from Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Minnesota. Being in Saskatchewan its located fairly close to the "center" of those 4 points on the map, so it makes sense for a location serving those 4 particular teams.

The teams logo would be a wild boar, because I believe theres wold boar farms in the area and I don't think a wild boar has been in play for too many hockey teams over the years (except for scrubby minor league ones). The team colours would be blue, green, and yellow. Yellow represents both Regina and Saskatchewan's secondary flag colour, with blue being Regina's primary and green being Saskatchewan's primary. Ideally the colored jersey would be blue with green and yellow stripes of some sort laid throughout, and then the alternate jersey would be green with blue and yellow stripes.

For managers I could see plenty of candidates offhand.... @StamkosFan, @ToeDragon84, @Mike Izzy, perhaps one of the Tuck Brothers, maybe @Segi? Shouldn't be a shortage of volunteers from those 4 teams, and if there is a shortage then I'd throw my hat into the ring (I would at least like to be a coach on the team anyways.)

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

PBE PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

To start, if I may, we have previously had an affiliate system with the NWJHL prior to the rebranding and it becoming it's own entity more so. Each team had two SHL affiliates which players were sent down to, which is why Jakub Aittokallio played half a season for Detroit (his rookie season after signing up post-draft) and a full season for the newly rebranded St. Louis Scarecrows.

Onward, for the Manhattan Rage, I'd be giving the reins of the branding of the team to @39alaska39 as when expansion came around, I had very good discussions with him about his particular ideas for branding. He has great ideas of colors and such. Personally, I'd like us to use this like the EEL and have it being a European based league, but if it's meant to be in North America, I'd ask him to make it a northeastern territory like utilizing New Jersey, New York, Maryland and Virginia. From this point, we'd work our way down to focus on naming and branding which would be difficult. Maybe we have a Newark based team since it's so close-by and have them be the Newark Colonists, or the Newark Bricks considering it is the "Brick City".

Obviously, I'm not great at branding when I'm on the spot and trying to think it up quickly. However, this is why I would rely heavily on somebody I trust wholeheartedly in Alaska to get the job done.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

PBE PT

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

The perfect affiliate for the West Kendall Platoon would definitely be a team started by a man with a relation to a certain Platoon player, Chuck Crutchfield.

I think that the PHOENIX SCREAMIN' CACTI would be the perfect affiliate because they have the best logo out of any team within the sim universe, and the best name to go along with it. With such great power comes great responsibility though, which will make it tough for anyone to be considered worthy enough to play under the Cacti name. Thoise who are lucky enough to join the most illustrious team of sim league history would all go on to become Challenge Cup Champions, and would mark a dynasty for the SHL. Those not on the team would be in awe of the power of the cactus.

As someone who saw the rise of the Cacti first hand - long live the Phoenix Scremain' Cacti. Now. Forever, and for always. Go Cacti.

:cacti:

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

The San Francisco Pride are on the verge of major success for seasons to come, but no team is complete without their minor league affiliate team that helps mold the SHL team's best prospects. The Pride's minor league affiliate team will be called the Seattle Envy. Since the Riot left Seattle a couple seasons ago, the people of Seattle miss their pro hockey, so the Seattle Envy will help fill that need. The team is the Envy, since just like Pride, it is one of the seven deadly sins, and to be honest, it sounded cooler than the Seattle Sloths, plus it's like they're envious of SHL players and have something to play harder for.

Since @tweedledunn wants to secretly be his own single GM, he could take care of management there, and that way, the vision for the Pride will stay strong and calling up players should be done with more ease.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 09:51 PM by satf.)

AUSTIN, TEXAS. Home of the TEXAS RENEGADES AFFILIATE: THE AUSTIN REBELS

HOME JERSEY:
[Image: LfMwYgl.png]

AWAY:
[Image: NQhwuxb.png]

ALTERNATE: 

[Image: Z9CJVMe.png]

Shl logo located just above the laces on the Jersey.

[Image: wr69jpx.jpg]
raiders Renegades

If anyone in the SHL has been paying attention, since the beginning of the New Orleans Specters’ existence we already have a minor league affiliate team: The St. Louis Scarecrows. But, since they’re technically a “junior” team, we’ll create a new franchise as well. The only other real city that comes to mind from Louisiana is Baton Rouge. It’s obviously a big college football town, being the home of the LSU Tigers and all, but I think the Baton Rouge Baby Spookies would be a fantastic little name. They’d have more kids days than usual and really appeal to the younger generation, helping to create a whole new generation of Specters fans. Besides that, the most important part of putting the Baby Spookies in Baton Rouge is that it’s only one hour away from New Orleans. That’s imperative for getting potential injury callups to the big club if they’re needed. Granted, we don’t have injuries, so I guess it’s great for those games if we needed to call up the goalie for some backup games or something. Location matters. We don’t want our minor league squad to be 14 hours away. (191)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

It was a bit hard to come up with something for what an affiliate of the Pride would be, to tell you the truth. California is pretty oversaturated as is but if we had the opportunity, I'd be in favour of poaching up the Anaheim Outlaws since they're nearby and are a proven success. Keep the core of what they have, especially their colour combo and mascot, and you'd have a winner.

Of course, should we not have that opportunity, we'd have two options. One would be if the league indeed forced us to have to share our team with someone else. Then, as much as they're sort of our state rivals, I'd say it'd make sense for us to share it with the Panthers. The affiliate could then be called the Seattle Sonics, based after well-known Californian visitor Sonic the Hedgehog, besides it'd be way too easy to use a name like Sonics in Seattle. That and the last SHL Seattle team left for Tampa.

But assuming we do get the option to run our own team without sharing it with anyone else, it was really a no-brainer.

[Image: CfPnT9X.png]

Once upon a time, the San Francisco Pride played out of Portland, Oregon and were known as the Admirals. Suffice to say, the Admirals do find their way into our unis somehow from time to time and I think it'd be grand for us to revive the team if such an opportunity appears. On hindsight, if we were to share a minor team with Chicago, this probably wouldn't be a bad look either. As to who to run it... I honestly don't know, but I imagine @tweedledunn would be good.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

[Image: 7XsZLx9.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The New England Wolfpack’s minor league team would be located in Boston. There are a couple reasons for that. First, is its proximity to the Wolfpack. It would make calling players up on an emergency basis easier. Second, Boston is a great city. The name of the team would be the Boston Red Wolves. Sticking with the theme of the parent team would allow fans to immediately recognize the new team as their own. In terms of leadership I can’t think of anyone better than goldenglutes. The rest of the details are still up for negotiations. Color scheme, goal song, mascot, all of these are undecided even though I have a pretty solid idea in my head, it would still be worth discussing it with the other members of the team to see what they think. Im thinking a red and green color scheme in order to tie the two teams together?

[Image: horvat3.png]

My own hatred of the idea of another in between league aside, If it were to pass I have a knockout idea for Minnesota's farm team.

Since the Chiefs are based in the Twin Cities I think it would only fitting to base the team in St. Paul with the Chiefs. Since it is the twin cities having two teams so close seems like a no brainer.

I would make our farm team the St. Paul Stitches. After paying a hefty amount of cash to disney for the rights to the character, I think we would have a great mascot and team namesake to personify the feeder team for the big leagues. The Jersey's would be the same shade of blue as stitch but have dark green accents to pay homage to the Chiefs. There is one obvious person who would be in charge of this magnificent team and that is @BadWolf. I think she would be great at making the future SHL stars shine on the Stitches and brings a lot of knowledge to the roll. I would also have @tedlamotors as the team coach and helping develop great strategies to win whatever championship this new farm league would offer. We of course would offer a variety of mayo based foods in the arena which would be shaped like the big red spaceship from the movie.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

So for the Minnesota Chiefs I was thinking we need to go for the biggest area that would gain a large fan base that right now in the Simulation Hockey League is rather untouched. That location is Ohio. Might be closer options in terms of big fan bases but this would be one of the bigger markets and I dig the location. So I would place @"aaronwilson" in charge cause honestly anyone else would be foolish. I would want someone who can bring the best and I KNOW he is the best so it is simple addition to get him really.

Anyway, in Pro Baseball Experience they have a team called the Utah Railroaders and I like the whole train idea/concept. So putting everything together is easy! The Minnesota Chiefs would be proud to present the minor league affiliate! The Cleveland Steamers!

Yes, such a name would be feared by many I feel and truly capture the concept of what the Chiefs are all about!

[166 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]