Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

Alright ladies and gentleman it's time for me to get to talk about my team. I would clearly be going with the Saskatoon Nobles for reasons that should be extremely evident to everyone. This is a team that everyone has joked about for years and it's finally time to make it happen with this new farm league. We will be stationed in Saskatoon because I'm here and we will have one of the most legendary staff groups of all time. At the helm will be me as the Head GM, followed by my partner @mckee29 who many of you haven't seen in months but whomst is a fellow Saskatoon native. Our Head Coach would be @gorlab because obviously the other member from Saskatoon who's been banned must be worked into the roster. Finally, our head scout would be @Jepox because the only thing he's good at is agreeing with what everyone else says which means he will do a fantastic job as the team's head scout. I think there is a lot of success in the future for Tampa Bay's farm affiliate.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Manhatten rage the only team from new York that matters has taken on an affiliate in the biggest media market it could reach, while also making it as awkward as possible for the rest of the league.. when you have a money advantage why wouldn't you use it to attrition the rest of the league?

That market will be London, UK of course, a town brimming with sports fans with already unlimited options to them, but frankly there are no quality hockey offers, so that will be the positioning.

For a venue this Manhattan afiliate has secured a custom rink that modules in to and above the Olympic swimming pool in the Salma Hiade designed building. Nesting it right next to the home of the London football team West ham United.

As such the team has been named: Rage United. A homage to both West ham, and the host country.

Running this team will be the co-Gm of the Rage @"luketd" with head coaching duties being taken by Ken Scheffmann who is on the Manhattan's assistant coaches

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

The Los Angeles Panthers are in need of prospect development, so who better to have an affiliated team. It seems to me that the obvious place to have such a team near to Los Angeles would be Anaheim, as they are closely linked to the SHL and well suited for forming a bond with the Panthers.

Naturally, this team in Anaheim should be called literally anything but the outlaws, to distance themselves from that franchise, so we will call it the Anaheim in-laws, which will also no doubt strike fear into the hearts of any team that plays there, while clearly showing that they are in no way related to the Anaheim outlaws, in fact they are the complete opposite. Naturally, the only person suited to taking on this huge responsibility of managing this team is myself, because I clearly know everything there is to know about everything and therefore am the perfect choice. And I can even parody myself.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

If I were choosing a location for the Hamilton Steelhawks affiliate team, my suggestion would be Beijing, China. Now that is a weird location for a hockey team but I think it would be great for the growth of hockey because China is the most populous country in the world and Beijing is its capital. Of course long flights would be an issue but I think with some creative scheduling we could make it work. For example, if teams play each other 4 times in a season, 2 home and 2 away, and there are 16 teams, that's 64 games total and we can break it into 4 sets of home/away games 16 each.
For a team name I'd probably say Dragons because that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of China.
Robert Phelps would be the GM of this team, Jax Duggan would be the Co-GM and Skao Anazibf would be the head coach.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 09:11 AM by Flowseidon.)

Hockey is ready for an international expansion, and at this time, the SHL is slacking by only having teams in North America. Between the SHL and the SMJHL we have a wealth of players from other countries who have been finding great success in the IIHF tournaments.
I propose that the inbetweener league be in Europe. Now, we already know that there are some hockey rich countries out there already, so it’s important to start focusing on some of the smaller countries who are not as hockey passionate.

Paris, France is the first city to make the list. Their support of PSG shows that they could be very successful there, and we can start having more French players in the league (though they might have some beef with the Franco Canadians).

The team would be branded with Navy jerseys with a red accent and a fleur de lis as a backing piece of their logo of a cannon in midst of firing. The team would be called the Paris Revolution and would be and would play a rough game of hockey where they fight the oppressive forces of the other teams defense.

This team would need to have a coach who knows how to play rough, and who better than 6-time Turd Ferguson award winner Danny Foster (@gcool)

The team would travel throughout Italy, Portugal, Spain and other countries for their games where they would leave behind the other teams battered, and wondering why they began to play hockey to begin with

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

If the New England Wolfpack had to get a new affiliate team, the best team to do would be to get a team that his close to Boston, where the Wolfpack play and practice, to facilitate life for the calls up and the send downs. This would mean getting an affiliate team located in New England. The team would probably play in Worcester, because it is in the same state as the Wolfpack, Massachusetts. The team would be called the Revolutionaries to honour all the people from New England who fought for the country independence. It would also use New England instead of Worcester in the official team name to continue the Wolfpack tradition. The Wolfpack would hire a second assistant general manager to help take care of their new affiliate team. However, he would not be the only one to take care of this team. The front office would be divided as follows, the Wolfpack GM would take care of the pro team, the current assistant general manager would split his work between the Wolfpack and the affiliate, and the newly hired assistant GM would only work for the affiliate.
191 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Since New Orleans came into the league, they have been a massive hit in the entire state of Louisiana.  Bringing hockey to the bayou was somewhat of a risk, but that risk has definitely paid off.  With the Specters setting up shop in New Orleans, many inhabitants didn't really know much about hockey, let only seen an actual  game of hockey.  The SHL has shown that hockey can thrive on the gulf coast and knowing that, the affiliate team for the Specters will be located just one state over, in Jackson, Mississippi.  The close proximity will allow for quick call ups when needed, and most importantly spread the beautiful game of hockey even further than the Specters already have in the south.  As for the team name for the new affiliate, sticking with the Specters theme they will be known as Jackson Grave Diggers. Sure, calling a team the Grave Diggers may sound a bit morbid, but before you get a Specter, you gotta dig a grave!!! As for who should GM this affiliate team, @Serpe x 13, he has cleverly been trying to sneak into a GM gig and this would allow him to do that.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

The San Francisco Pride are pleased to announce their new minor league affiliate team, the Malibu Mule Deers! The team will be based in Malibu California and will play in a brand new arena which is currently in development. The arena will be a state of the art facility which the new team will hopefully fill to its capacity of 8000. The teams jerseys will be a light brown and grey with a light green in color and will feature a logo of skull and antlers in the shape of an M for Malibu. The Pride are also pleased to announce the inaugural General Managers of Goku Muerto @Muerto and Knute Knurtsson. @Ason94 These two talented young players have the ability to make this new team a dynasty in the new minor league and able to compete for the Championship in the beginning. More information on this new team will be available in in the coming weeks and months, so stay tuned.

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

170 words

The Chicago Syndicate's minor league affiliate will reside in Rockford, Illinois. This location, as the third largest metropolitan area in Illinois, has a large enough population to support the team; they have an appropriate pre exisiting arena with up to date facilities; and they are nice and close to Chicago for the inevitable cases of emergency call ups. The Team will be called the Rockford Raptors as an homage to Rockford's famous dinosaur museum, and they will sport the same predominately yellow and black colour scheme as the Chicago Syndicate. The Mascot will be named Rascal the Raptor and he will surely pump up the crowd young and old alike. As he has already announced his retirement, the Chicago Syndicate organization would love to keep the legend Luke Atemy involved in a major capacity. Nothing official has been announced, as focuses are on the current season, but don't be surprised if Luke Atemy hangs up his skates and steps immediately in to a coaching role with Rockford.

Current SHL Team: Calgary Dragons

Affiliate: Medicine Hat Baby Dragons

Medicine Hat is a small town located in Southeast Alberta Canada as it's located about 295 km Southeast of Calgary. This hockey town is also home to the Medicine Hat SoundTigers of the WHL and home to former NHL Player Trevor Linden. It holds about just over 60,000 people and has one of the more harshest winters in Canada to date. Which means a lot of young kids growing up get to play a lot of outdoor shinny during the day until the sun goes down. Current Mayor Ted Clugston met with Esa is very intrigued of sharing the current Medicine Hat SoundTigers stadium with Medicine Hat Baby Dragons as he believes it will bring more people from outside Medicine Hat and outside of Alberta general to attend games and to see the town's niche culture and atmosphere. Medicine Hat is one of the older towns in Canada in general and by bringing another branch into his storied Canadian City is what the Dragons Organization aim to do with this expansion.

Code:
171 Words

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry97802

[Image: giphy.gif]

I would put the Blizzard's affiliate in St. Albert, a city that is quite close to Edmonton so it would be easy for fans of the Blizzard to catch a game if they can't afford a Blizzard ticket. I would name them the St. Albert Monarchs, since I like monarchs and it would be cool to have a king type logo and jersey combination. I mean there is nothing more evocative of "dominance" than the concept of a monarch who rules over the populace, even if the concept of a monarchy is severely flawed (we aren't talking about that). I would get a bunch of people who are not involved in the SHL to run the team, mainly because I think it would be great to involve more people into the game and maybe those people who are running things would be able to do things in the SHL some day, and even have their kids become SHL players in the future!

The Texas Renegades, upon hearing the news that the SHL might be introducing a new minor league system, immediately began searching out suitable locations for their minor league affiliate. The Renegades are located in Dallas, but they have always marketed themselves as Texas's team. However, Texas is a massive state with many many inter-city rivalries. Therefore, to better encapsulate the entire state, the affiliate would have to be in one of Texas's other large metropolitan areas: San Antonio, Austin or Houston. San Antonio already has an AHL team, so that market is already taken. Austin is the fastest growing city in the country, and has a young population which would bode well for hockey. However, the obvious choice would be Houston, which is the largest city in the state, and has a rich history of hockey. I would bring back the Houston Aeros, one of the most successful WHA teams. Texas's current co-gm, Jearim, would be in charge on the team as he has a long history of working with young players in the SMJHL

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

For the Calgary Dragons, a location for an affiliate is an interesting task. The NHL Calgary Flames have their AHL affiliate with the Stockton Heat, and Stockton is a ways from Calgary. Not only that, but the closest hockey city is Edmonton, which have the Oilers and the Blizzard, not to mention the Red Deer Rebels and a few more teams in the WHL from Alberta.

For the Dragons, I would have to pick the Lethbridge Lions. The Lions, already being an established SMJHL team are already located in Alberta, and would be a great team to partner with moving forward, keeping things all in the province of Alberta. If there is some sort of farm system, this would make traveling very simple, instead of some cross country flights that players have to take in the NHL/AHL. The Lions are on the up and up, and already have some great players in the system like Banananak and Aparjode.

This even makes the management team easy to pick for me, as it already has leaders in the office with @JNH and @SDCore . I think they have done a fine job so far with the organization and maybe if the Edmonton Blizzard are okay with it, we can have a partnership with them to share the Lions. I know there is a storied rivalry between the Bilzzard and Dragons, but it is doable.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]