Create Account

S49 PT#3 - SHL Big Brother program

PBE PT

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

With Bo Kane being selected by the San Francisco Pride in the S49 SHL draft he joined fellow Colorado Raptors teammate Knute Knurtsson (@Ason94). The team took this as an advantage as it would help make the transition from the SMJHL to the SHL easier for the young star centre. When the SHL introduced the big brother program it was an obvious choice for Knurtsson to select Kane and get start the preparation for what the SHL life will be like. To start the week Knurtsson brought Kane along on his personal workouts to show up the type of routine that is required for the SHL. This was definitely an area that Kane would have to improve as he was gifted with raw talent and rarely visited the gym. Knurtsson also brought him along to team practices to introduce him to the rest of the team and coaching staff and to experience an SHL team practice. Lastly, and possibly the most important and hardest thing from the transition is the media. Knurtsson got Kane involved in as much media over the week as possible to get Kane comfortable talking to them.

Falcons Canada

When Lyle got the call from Jax Duggan@SecondSucks22 about being part of the SHL’s Big Brother program, he couldn’t have been happier.  Lyle has always been a huge fan of Jax and was blown away when he got the chance to play on the same pairing as him with Team Canada.  Since then Lyle has jumped at any chance to learn from Jax, so when he got the message from Jax to see if he was interested in spending some time with the Hamilton defender, he couldn’t say yes fast enough. The two signed up for a cooking class, Jax felt that it would help them to exercise patience and finesse, Lyle wasn’t really paying attention though, he was too busy asking Jax questions about hockey.  Lyle loves learning about the game and he knew that he had the chance to ask one of the best defenders in the league some questions and he wasn’t going to pass that up. With the barrage of questions that Lyle threw at Jax, Lyle didn’t exactly pay attention to their cooking and forgot to set a timer which did not have good results.  After they were politely asked to leave the class and kindly told that they should only attempt cooking with a trained professional, or at least a fire extinguisher, Jax made some calls and got some of the Team Canada players together for a full meal of food that Lyle would not be preparing.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 10:02 AM by Slowpoke.)

There are a lot of things that Piotr Horvat is good at, and many more things he isn’t good at. This is the driving factor in why the SHL decided to pair Piotr with another young player, Marc Hagan @CampinKiller. Although there is only 1 season of experience between the two, that one season has made all of the difference. Piotr is still in the minors and Marc has some experience in the SHL, and albeit they are on different teams and would normally be rivals, the difference in leagues makes them the ultimate odd couple. Horvat has begun learning some important skills like cooking, wall building, finances, and basic housekeeping. Things that most people know how to do, but Piotr was never exposed to being raised in Russia. It will be interesting to see how this relationship develops once Piotr gets called up to the Renegades as both the Renegades and the Blizzard are conference rivals.

[Image: horvat3.png]

@esilverm stays at my old place in St. Louis. I gave him a really good deal as long as he promises not to touch the pee drawer. As part of the big brother program I'm more like a big step bro :smirk:. He just does my laundry and scratches my tummy wummy when its itchy witchy. In return, I feed him madonald hanburger and burger king foot lettuce. He walks our dog Andrew and I buy most of our clothes cause I'm fucking loaded and he's poor. Its a very symbiotic relationship and has worked well for us both, as we both run a meme factory in our spare time. We play hockey sometimes too but our true passion is discovering the secrets embedded in Minecraft parody songs of 2010 pop hits. There really is a lot to discover there and I believe we've only scratched the surface.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

As mentioned already, I actually do have a little brother in the SHL by the name of Kaspars Claude (@Bruins10), so choosing him for this is a no brainer (Also if I didn't choose him I think my mom would be mad - always gotta include the little brother in everything you do...). The good thing about us is we grew up competitive, but we always got along really well. So when it comes to spending time together, it's pretty laid back and we do whatever we feel like doing that day.

For this week that we spent together, we decided to hit the gym together a few times. Get some different perspectives on our training regimes to try and improve different areas of our game (And it also helps that he's a much bigger health nut than I am so he manages to get my ass to the gym). He's also likely to join the SHL next season, so making sure he's ready for some SHL-level competition is important to help his progression. Getting in some on-ice reps together works well too as we both bring different elements to the ice and working together blends the two and we're able to work on things we might not always get to work on in practice. Then end off our days with some nice family meals, full of hockey talk and debate, and there you have a typical week. I look forward to having him in the SHL next season, can't wait to go up against him for real.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Michael Fox saw something in Joseph @ACapitalChicago Weston that scouts saw in him when he came into the league only a few seasons ago. For Big Brother week, Fox thought he would take this opportunity to bestow a little bit of wisdom upon the newly drafted rookie, hoping to give him some insights that could help in the upcoming SHL Draft and in his career. Both Fox and Weston are currently undergoing a relatively disappointing first half of the season each, and Fox thought this would be the perfect time to teach Weston how to deal with frustration. To try to teach him this, Fox asked Weston to type up a few hundred words on Notepad what he thought it took to have a career in the SHL. Notepad doesn't autosave, and so when Weston would get close to finishing, the power strip for the computer would "randomly" turn off, forcing Weston to start all over. It may have taken Weston all week to finally finish, but in the end it seems as if he had learned a lesson in how to deal with frustration.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

For Thomason, since Manhattan doesnt have any prospects, he goes to his old smjhl team the Vancouver Whalers and big brothers Jean-Paul Boivin @Nokazoa. So for now he is with one of our mentors house to get accustomed to the hockey lifestyle, so Boivin and I will be going through some life skills choices once he gets called up to the SHL. Our first start was to how to cook properly on the road and at home. Food is one of the most important things to eat, and having a healthy diet helps you become a better player. So I gave him some of my recipes and we cooked one of them each night. On the road it is typical for the club to hire out a chef and cook for us the night after the game. For a test run of this, during the offseaosn we flew out to Vancouver to play in a charity game and we practiced what I taught and we had a good day playing hockey and making food.
174 words

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

When Nicolaj got the letter from the SHL PT Team that he was paired up with @"luketd" Luke Thomason, he was excited since Luke is a big nerd. In their day together in Manhattan, Luke took Nicolaj around the big city and said stuff like, "i'm walkin here", and "cawfee and a bagel" like a real new yorker. Then they met up at Lukes place and discussed making a podcast after listening to Tom Jones' What's New Pussycat 21 times while staring at a bare wall, like the boomers did in the old days. Finally they went to see Mean Girls on Broadway like true men. After they went back to Luke's place to cuddle and watch Mean Girls the movie and sent some risky tweets to Tina Fey. They are still waiting to hear back from her and the magic 8 ball says outlook not so good. They end the day by feeding their depression by eating 8 cups of cookie dough from the closest Duane Reade

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I had my GM in St. Louis @Nictox take me under his wing for a while to help prepare me for my inevitable jump to the SHL. Nictox wanted us to relax a bit and get away from hockey to show me that the SHL is more than hockey alone and that it is also about relationships. So, Nictox took me out to the country where we got some ice cream and sat in a field to watch some Scarecrows scare away a bunch of Falcons. This was great bonding time with my GM and big brother. We talked and he taught me life lessons like the importance of beating your rivals and which type of sprinkles to get on your ice cream.

After that he wanted to show me how quickly you can turn into the fast lane living the lavish life of an SHL player. So he took me down to bourbon st in NOLA and we got pretty drunk and hit up some strip clubs. It was great, but he also was trying to show me that you can't overdo it and fall into this lifestyle. So he made me spend all my money on lapdances and then also on getting us absolutely trashed. This made sure I never wanted to have a night out like this again, because I was dead at practice the next morning. Lesson learned. After that we got Gumbo to cure hangovers that lasted multiple days. Then we went bowling. I learned a lot about being an SHL player thanks to my big brother mentor, Nictox.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Cody

Yes you heard me right, just Cody. The one name wonder who is part of the promising west kendall youth came from the land of barbeque and country music. Now coming to Florida wasn’t too large of a culture shop, but there was still some serious lessons to be learned. Now if you don’t know Florida that well, rule number one is always do yourself a favour and search on google “Florida man….” And just see what comes up during the search. That alone should help you to learn that you don’t go out at night alone, especially if you are partaking in a little extra curricular activities. Next up would be learning the importance of sun screen if you aren’t a native to the climate and culture. It is critical to obviously get a great tan so you look dope on the ice, but also to not turn into a lobster or ompa loompa. Lastly and most importantly is getting used to the local wild life. Being Americas dong, Florida is a host to unique animals from sea, land and air. You must at all times watch out for geecos in the toilets, pelicans swooping on your lunch and sharks and alligators from apex predatoring your ass. So yeah, welcome to Florida youngster!

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Only in his second full season in the SHL, Karlstraße still isn't exactly sure what it *takes* to be an SHL player, but I guess you could make the case he has more experience than some of the young prospects selected in the most recent draft. Although shocked to be asked to take one of the youngsters under his wing, he took it in stride and began coming up with "tasks" to give the lil fella. 4th overall selection @FinnRhys came to town later that week and was hit with his first task. Karlstraße did not show up to pick him up, so he had to find his way to the training facility. A tremendous life skill for when you're jumping for one city to the next every week. Finn figured it out pretty quick, and after a quick pump in the gym the two hit the town for lunch. They picked a popular joint known to be used by many athletes so naturally a few fans asked for their autographs. Once again Finn remained calm and acted like a professional. Even snagged a few pics with his adoring fans. After that blah blah blah I've hit the word count. Overall it was a tremendous experience they both learned from Blizzard

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Code:
Written Task: If you are in the SHL, the league has asked that you to choose a player in the SMJHL to take in, work withand put in some difficult life skill situations which may come up in the future.. and see how they handle it.. and in 150+ words explain how it all worked out!? Who did you choose and what made you choose them? What did you both do during the week? Did you put him in some difficult situations? what did they struggle with and what did they do well at? What were your final conclusions of your mentorship with this player? (*tag player involved)

With PB being a falcon (albeit short lived), it only mad sense for PB to take in a fellow fledgling under his wing to show them the way of the Kielbasa king. Therefore this is PBs take on being a big brother to Detroit's Marc Palicka Jr (@BaseScoutX1 )
"Halo.

England New informing me that I must be big brother to someone in SMJHL but I can picking person. So natural I go visiting Detroit and looking while thinking "who here can I best directing in new best liga and how can i helping them improve?" I thinking decision may be more difficult than actually was but I quickly recognizing fellow European face of young player Marc Palicka Jr. So I asking young man "Hey kurwa you Europe man?" and Marc replying "Yes kurva czech". AH OKAYYY Everyone knowing I loving czech people, mainly prostytutki, but czech good people. I inform him of program and telling Marc how I am going to mentoring him in new liga for a week, and that he no having to worry. So he coming back to Boston with me and I inviting him to stay at my apartament during this time. Now many people probably expecting that I teaching him tricks of trade SHL, but that is where you are wrong. As anyone know, in order to play best you must be comfort. And no better way to comfort than to dekompress with some vodka, goat cheese, beautiful women, and polka music. Naturally, I having 1 week bender at my apartament where Marc and I party iwth many beautiful women and visiting many women of the night. I showing him that if he focusing and working hard, you can be much success here in Amerika and that you can make hoem country very proud. Marc was very exciting with him time in England New, and maybe one day he become wolfpack like me, but until then, I think he needing some more advil for his flight home. Sorry detroit, hopefully his conditioning no too bad after this experience :D"

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

I showed up to the Arena to pick up my SMJHL little brother for the day and I have to say I was surprised at how lazy and passive aggressive he was. So I show up and I go to the locker room and he is just chilling in there pretty much naked with all of his teammates laying there with a blank look on his face and I honestly am still not sure at this point if I even have the right person. But he matches the description. Well since he wouldn't talk to me and I couldn't get him to move I told him to get over it and I picked him up and threw him over my shoulders. I was pretty sure he was dead but when I whipped my head around and asked if he was at least alive, he gave a slight nod and that was enough for me. I tossed him in the car and then buckled him up when he refused. We spent the day going around to the different sites around town and I gave him the full tour. He didn't budge, stone face, no responses but you could tell he was breathing because his chest was moving. When I finally got back to the arena I noticed that there was a young man sitting on the curb with a sad look on his face. It was about this time that the drugs were wearing off and I noticed that I had stolen a CPR dummy that looked pretty human like, from a CPR training class at the arena. I have to make sure I don't do this again or I am definitely going to get fired.

TLDR, got messed up before the big brother event and ended up stealing a CPR training dummy for the day.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Cassius Darrow takes SMJHL rookie Samuel Michaud @golden_apricot under his wing. It’s no secret Darrow was an outstanding first-year player for the Colorado Raptors, balancing a strong defensive game with skilled passing touch. Michaud is more of a stay at home defender, focused on keeping the puck away from his goalie. Unlike many in that vein, Michaud is far from a physical force, focusing more on finesse than grit. This is right in Darrow’s wheelhouse.

Step one was Michaud flying in to Buffalo to join Darrow for one of his notorious 5:30am workouts, to challenge Michaud with the level of strength and conditioning he’ll need to thrive at the next level. The rookie kept up for the first 15 minutes but was gassed not long after. The taciturn Darrow gave no quarter, continuing to push the young American to his limits.

Samuel hobbled along after Darrow to the next task. While the young speedster wanted to take a moment to scroll through his phone, Darrow smacked his hand. “No phones.” He stated emphatically.
The next skill Darrow taught Michaud was how to cook for oneself. Many may not know this yet, but Cassius Darrow is a skilled and accomplished cook. He put the rookie through his paces in the kitchen, stressing the importance of being able to take care of oneself nutritionally. One bad meal out can waste tons of money and throw off your entire routine and health.

“No more McIceburgs food for you. Do better. Your metabolism won’t cancel out bad choices forever. Train hard, eat well, and enrich your mind.”

The first two elements met, Darrow then taught Michaud his final tip. Darrow is an avid reader of all things, and tries to spend at least 90 minutes a day reading things. In the apartment he and Alexander Selich @Tomen share, Darrow has devoted an entire room to his expansive book collection. He also has memberships to two different local libraries, to help give him ALL THE BOOKS. He also shares one of the few splurges he’s committed to over the years.

“I’m not much for technology… but I love my e-reader. Great purchase. Real books are great; you can never replace them, but not having to run to the library everytime I want to borrow a book.”

The week continued this way, Samuel trying to keep up with Darrow’s meals, physical workouts, and mental exertion. By the end of the week, Michaud was exhausted and regretting his mentor pair; Darrow was too intense for his liking.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]