Create Account

S49 PT#3 - SHL Big Brother program

I have chosen to take a member of my former team under my wing as I do get back to Montreal fairly frequently. Gaspard Boone is a forward with the Militia and having a very promising season. As I have been in that position before, and try to live up to that in the SHL, I spent a weekend with him and led him personally through some of my favourite hockey drills. Outside of this, I made sure to spend a lot of time with him outside of the rink, taking him through some perseverance challenges and long grueling hikes in nature. The season can be a grind sometimes and you need to be able to push through it. Because of that I made sure to keep the pace up on the hikes and everything through the weekend and ensured that he couldn't quit.

Apart from that, I gave Gaspard some of my favourite books related to keeping yourself in a good mental state and leadership so that when he makes the move to the SHL he's as prepared as he can be.

After the weekend with him, I definitely think he has what it takes to be a major force in the SHL and to be a great leader on his team. He has the ability to make an immediate impact, but also the ability to grow into a major leadership role

@Im_A_Boonana

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

As part of his mentorship program, Nikolai Evans took two fellow Russians under his wing, Ivan Maximus of the Anaheim Outlaws and Alexei Rykov of one of Evans’ former SMJHL teams, the Montreal Militia.  Both Maximus and Rykov have shined as rookies, as they are tied for fourth in scoring for first-season SMJHL players at 20 points apiece.  

However, Rykov, while talented, is known to have a bit of a temper.  That’s why some people call him @RaginCajun  even though he totally isn’t from Louisiana.  Thus, Nikolai has been working on meditation techniques with Rykov like “Drinking all of the fucking vodka.”

Meanwhile, Maximus is largely known as a talented player and decent person with one minor character flaw.  He is a @thiefofcheese .  He just can’t stop himself.  He can walk by those big-screen TVs that the delivery guys just leave on a porch and never have a nasty thought about it.  But every time he leaves the grocery store there’s at least three wheels of cheese stuffed in his pants.  It’s disgusting.  So Nikolai has worked with Ivan to teach him important lessons like “You’re a professional hockey player now, you can afford to buy the cheese, for God’s sake.”

Both players are a work in progress, but Nikolai is pleased with the gains he has seen thus far and hopes that the upcoming international tournaments in the offseason will be filled with lots of vodka and zero trips to prison to bail Maximus out for dairy theft.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

During the latest off-season, Mathias Seger ended up going back to Anaheim to catch up with some of his old team mates who still play in South California in the SMJHL. There he met his young compatriot Ursin Zimmermann @UrsinZ for the first time after moving to North America. Zimmermann just arrived there after Anaheim had picked him in the recent SMJHL entry draft in the fourth round. Seger taught the junior player some essential skills for a Swill living in the United States. The most important of which was making your own bread, because it's really hard to find fresh bread that doesn't come squared and pre-sliced there. Now a good toast for breakfast is nothing bad, but it doesn't beat a good old Butterzopf (see image below) on a Sunday morning. There was still the cheese problem, but in his second junior year, Seger managed to find a store that sold some cheese that tasted like it came from cows instead of directly out of a factory and he let Ursin in on the secret. Armed with that knowledge, Zimmermann is sure to succeed in his career in the SHL.

[Image: butterzopf_02.jpg]

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

08-25-2019, 07:21 PMtedlamotors Wrote: I don't know who taught this guy chemistry, but the guy tried putting francium in water, clearly not caring about his life, or mine for that matter.

Actually, francium is so radioactive that just being next to a visible sample of it would instantly kill you as the francium would boil away from its own heat.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

EVO:

I'm not one who is all for having a mentor or someone to entirely look up to. Maybe a guy to peg as a rival and friend like Tankovic, Ja'ag or Kane, but not really that one guy who I would idolise. But I would have to admit, Eko Van Otter (@hotdog) comes damn close to that. He is my elder brother in the SHL, and one who I would love to meet on the ice, regardless of teams. Eko, or elder EVO as I tend to refer to him, was the first one who welcomed me into NEW when I was drafted there. He is a joyful character in the locker room, and on the ice, a tactician with the puck. I can fully recognise that elder EVO will be a star wherever he plays, and I think he's been rubbing off on me in terms of being a great looker room guy. Even since I've been traded to Texas, I still keep in touch with the NEW guys, especially with elder EVO. Great guy, and even greater mentor.

Shout-out to Jimmy Slothface (@slothfacekilla) for giving me tips on GMing if I should ever get into the field when I retire.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

My week long mentorship program with my big brother Willy Mack were the most soul-filling, peaceful and fulfilling days of my entire life, as Willy and I spent the week at a spiritual health and wellness retreat due to the fact that it feels as though some inner demons are causing me to struggle on the ice with the Halifax Raiders. Ultimately Willy Mack taught me to love myself, as after hockey is done and I am retired whenever that may be, I still will be me, even when hockey finishes. I will still be myself when I crawl into bed at night and that is why it is so crucial to appreciate myself and who I am as a person before I worry about how I perform on the ice at any point during a season. I can not thank the SHL Big Brother program enough for what they blessed me with by bringing Willy Mack into my life.

@Mack

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Rainbow Dash decided to mentor prospect Oliver Klozoff @Alex Mack. While it's tough to imagine it happening, there may come a time when suddenly you find yourself stripped from your loved ones and taken to a new city to live with people you've never met before, with no idea what to do or who to talk to. To prepare for this, Rainbow Dash dropped Klozoff in a random town in Canada with absolutely zero instructions on what to do or what to expect while he was there, only to say that she'd be back in 24 hours to pick him up and see how he'd fared. Upon her return Klozoff was delirious. No longer wearing the Dragons shirt she had left him in, Klozoff was now running around flapping his wings and squawking while dressed in blue. When she tried to put him back in the van in order to head back on the long trip back to Calgary, he flew off, never to be seen from again. Rainbow Dash is no longer allowed near the big brother/big sister program.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

My mentor for the week was none other than the man, the myth, and the legend, Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo of the West Kendall Platoon. Aside from being one of the most respected goalies in the league, his agent is also one of the most respected voices in the SHL community as he was once the SHL commissioner. We started the week just chilling at his home in Miami and got to see Pushkin the cat just be absolutely adorable and make the cutest faces possible.

After which, we headed to the rink and got a lot of practice in, as I shot many attempts at him in net, and while some did manage to go through, Biscuit did manage to stop a great deal of them showing just why he is as good of a goaltender as he is in the SHL. I also learned from what it takes to be a professional in the SHL, in the sense as to how to treat your teammates and present yourself off the ice to both the media and SHL fans at large. It was an awesome experience to learn from such a respected player and league member for the week, and I'm excited to be a mentor to a player down the road once I get called up to the SHL.

Code:
221 words

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

I ended up taking in Nicolaj Muller @esilverm for a little while and there's something endearing about that box of rocks. Super nice guy, willing to help out with and learn whatever you throw at him, but high supervision is required. Started with a few simple things like making breakfast, where he put cream cheese on the bagels before putting them in the toaster and ended up completely ruining it (it looked like he put it on the outside of the bagels too?). So we skipped the homemade breakfast and just picked up mcdonalds instead and I'm not kidding you he wanted 13 sets of just the little pancake buns from mcgriddles and nearly threw away all the eggs and bacon between them. Cutting to us shopping for a new toaster, he could be found at any given moment in the standmixer aisle testing the mixers with anything he could get his hands on. This was day 1 only mind you, and it wasn't even 1pm yet.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

I would take a young Ivan Maximus(@thiefofcheese ) under my wing as he is a bright star on the Anaheim Outlaws, my former SMJHL Team. I choose him because he is the first rookie since myself to find themselves on the first line. Maximus found himself named one of the Alternate Captains of the team and as the recently appointed Captain of the Minnesota Chiefs, I think I could teach him a thing or two about being a leader on and off the ice. I would help the young rookie get accustomed to the new area and show him all the best food spots from my time with the team. I would also take him on some beach workouts to help build the strength and endurance he will need to keep up with the older players. Maximus comes in two seasons after my last time on Anaheim ice and I think after our time together I would be happy to know the team has great talent and leadership coming up through the ranks.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I took in zrublic, we go way back to the early days of the SHL so this is an easy choice. He was an old member of EHM leagues with me way back in 2011, then I’m pretty sure I recruited him in late 2012 to the SHL. We’ve spent time together before so we just went back to our old ways. Lurking chat rooms together without saying much is our favorite past time. We enjoy just reading but not participating.

We’ve both been gone for a while but I came back about 8 months ago, rublic came back maybe 3 or so months ago so I’ve been showing him how the league has changed over the past 2 years. It’s been a smooth transition for us both and we both agree the league has changed not necessarily for the better, but still fun nonetheless. We look forward to playing together on the dragons for many seasons to come

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Maxime will be taking in @mdubz for his big brother week. It was never going to be a non Anchorage Armada player that's for sure. Maxime feels a string connection to his junior roots, and is strongly opposed to all other teams in the SMJHL. He picked Petrikov for a few reasons. The first being that he thought he could help Petrikov become a better winger overall and help him develop into his true potential. He also liked the idea of having a little bit of a language barrier, as it made for more interesting conversation, and in turn helped with production. Of course the opposite could also be true but he wanted to test the waters anyway. He also had a slightly selfish reason in picking a left winger, as he has been playing on the left for Calgary all season, and wanted to see if there was anything he could learn from him. It was meant to be a sharing and bonding thing after all. It also might help entice Petrikov to want to stay active and make it in the SHL. Who knows what could happen!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

For the Big Brother program, LeBlanc was brought in LA to learn from one of the best, Max Mauldin @Wasty . The first thing LeBlanc wanted to learn was how to properly shoot because he doesn't seem to be able to do it. Mauldin, being one of the top scoring player in the team, showed him proper ways to shoot so that he can actually shoot in the SHL. LeBlanc had trouble following Max's exercises, but he improved a little. The next part of the program was way more interesting and fulfilling for LeBlanc. Mauldin showed him around town. Max made sure to show Simon every bar in the city. Of course, they took a drink in all of them. LeBlanc had a bit of trouble following him, but he's will have to get used to it, because he's going to do that more often. LeBlanc was hammered after that and had to go sleep, so he couldn't keep going after.

160 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

I have been on this site for almost 10 years so I really don't have a big brother to mentor me in my ways but one person on the steelhawks that I say is a brother to me is..... not that clown ben waters that for sure. But Nour Harrak is my mentor i suppose. Hes a kind soul that is the heart beat of the steelhawks and I wish I could be just like him one day UwU. @nour teaches me so many things on a day to day life like struggle to build a ikea wardrobe or even take an hour to make a mayo melt. He has a lot to show and teach people on how to live life. I like his philosophy behind things and honestly everyone was like nour there would be no war in the world just peace. Hes the person who I look up to on the steelhawks right now tbh.

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=102360

[Image: giphy.gif]