Create Account

S44 - The Forgotten Few

Season 44 Class- The Forgotten Few

Being part of the season 44 class, at the time, was exciting as hell for me. We were a small but dedicated class of players hoping to make a huge impact on the league overall. We showed guts, won some glory, but mostly, we disappeared into the ether more than many classes before and after us. Where has everyone in S44 gone? How many of us are left? Leaving out those of us who never made the actual SHL entry draft, I’m going to look back at the SHL entry draft for season 44 and update how the class of S44 is doing as we near the end point of season 49, at how many of our brothers and sisters we have lost to the ether.

Rainbow Dash - @Eggy216

Our #1 overall pick and fearless Head office leader Eggy, Rainbow Dash has shown why she was the number one pick to take. She currently has over 1100 TPE and is playing a second line role for the Calgary Dragons. She has a pure sniper build and will check you into next Tuesday, and is proving to be a fantasy team’s dream pick. She will likely remain a top player for whoever she plays for an embodies the strength of the remaining S44 class.

Ola Wagstrom - @StamkosFan

Drafted at 2nd overall, Wagstrom, and StamkosFan, has been the top TPE earner for the S44 class and has proven he is definitely a whore in this regard. Beyond that, of course, is his solid play on the ice. A strong first line option for any team, he produces well for the Jets and continues to be insanely active. Any class would be lucky to have a player of this caliber.

Taurus Karazija - @ontanis

This Four Star Cup winning defenseman never had the chance to make the big leagues, and unfortunately real life got the better of ontanis in this regard. He was a staple defenseman for the Vancouver Whalers for his 5 seasons in the minors, and shortly after he retired. Luckily ontanis did recreate, and win yet another Four Star with the Whalers and his new player, but this 3rd overall pick was a sad bust for the Blizzard.

Bernard Freeman - @Allen

4th overall Freeman remained active a short time after the draft and saw some time in the big leagues, but sadly, became another inactive bust pick for the Blizzard yet again. He has seen time as an inactive 3rd/4th line player for the Renegades recently but unfortunately never reached much higher than the 600 range of TPE.

Shaquille Derisraka - @Kevin Juice Bieksa

At #5 overall, Derisraka (I misspelled this name so many times) is another player who reached the big leagues but was unable to reach the 700 TPE mark. He is currently a third line center option for the rebuilding North Stars, and has put some points up in that role, but nothing to write home about. I think of what might could have been here, but he does remain active from time to time, so he has the opportunity to grow still should he attempt it.

Chuck Crutchfield - @ligma

Crutchfield is a well build offensive shooter, showing some strong skills in both TPE earning and scoring for the Platoon, and has taken a strong first line defensive spot for the team this season. Breaking 1K TPE, he’s become a strong #6 overall and will continue to improve and be a top player from this class. Our first successful defender picked in this class.

Michael Choybuk - @DollarAndADream

Another Dragon, Choybuk has broken 900 TPE and plays a third line role for the Calgary squad, also seeing some special teams time. He has a well rounded build and can improve dramatically throughout many more seasons as he remains active. He may not win the TPE race but he won the race in our hearts… I think? Yeah, we’ll go with it.

Derek Bohne - @wumaduce

At 8th overall, Bohne sadly was forced to retire early due to silicosis in his lungs. He was a strong prospect and could have done great things, but anyone will tell you that your health has to come before anything. Luckily his son? I think? Has shown some growth in the juniors and will likely make an impact wherever he goes.

Willy Mack - @Mack

Mack is a 1200+ TPE earner and a first liner for the currently struggling Blizzard. That is not to say Mack himself is struggling. He’s a top player for a team that until recently was always a contender. Wherever he plays he’ll embody the values and strength of a S44 survivor. And a steal at 9th overall in a weak draft class too!

Shouta Aizawa - @"andybj"

While not a top TPE earner, Aizawa has performed admirably for the Panthers so far this season. He has a strong sniper type build but does lack a little speed and strength to his game. Regardless he is still active and playing, and is over 700 TPE, which seems to be the range you have to break out of in this class to make it. While meaning no offense to his character, Shouta is a bit of a disappointment for a 10th overall, but one could just caulk that up to the size of the class.

Willie Fisterbottom - @Ragnar

Another victim of the 700 TPE trap, Fisterbottom has managed a 2nd line defensive role for the Panthers this season. He is active though he hasn’t updated in nearly a month, Willie is a serviceable player, and whether or not he updates and further, he will continue to make rosters until his retirement. He may find himself more of a journeyman based on his level of play, but who knows if a team locks him up for his personality. I dunno, I can honestly say I have never interacted with him.

Franz Cooper - @Coops

Sadly Buffalo took Cooper at 12th overall and whiffed. He never saw the big leagues, going inactive before he finished his second season. Franz had the making of a solid player if he kept with it. All we can look at is what might have been with coops and his player.  

Xena - @Nickleback_lover69

A player with a bright future gone too soon when they vanished seemingly overnight. 13th overall Xena had the markings of a max TPE earner ahead of her but sadly couldn’t keep up the pace. If she would have this could have been a steal of a pick at #13 but sadly it was not meant to be. Hopefully a TPE earner of this caliber reappears someday to remake and try again!

Jean-Pierre Gay - @"jumpierpancakes"

Gay has made the big leagues but has been slow to grow in his position. Hovering a little above 500 TPE, he’s a third line player who could grow, as he is still active, given the time and opportunity, but likely will remain a bottom 4 defensive option. To their credit, Hamilton has kept him around and both seem to be content with their arrangement.

Jerry Larry - @twerkin4jesus

The player is all but retired, a sub 350 TPE free agent without a team or home. He was unable to continue the pace and I can only assume the pressures and anxiety involved in the big leagues got to him before he was ever called up.

Barret McCarthy - @Inf1d3l

First of all, why did I bother tagging myself? Secondly, I hate talking myself up. But being drafted at 16th overall, I feel like I was a bit of a steal here for Manhattan. I understand why I fell, my last player, Cloud, never made it to the big leagues, and I was mainly a nobody on the site, kinda still am tbh. However, I’ve done my best, with the help of people I call friends and mentors, to get to where I am now, 1150 TPE first line D-man for the Rage currently playing well for once. One of the few players to break 1K TPE for my class!

Brock Nuck - @NUCK

He broke 700 TPE, and even 800 TPE, making him a top earner for the class in reality. He is still active and producing for the Dragons, and even posts things from time to time. He has the ability to grow with several season still ahead of him, but it would be hard to see him as anything beyond a middle six forward, which is not a bad thing for any team to have!

Dean Colt III - @Mac

A sub 600 TPE player, he performs well for his part in West Kendall. Sadly, he was another play that couldn’t break the 700 TPE ceiling that S44 seems to have, and though he remains active and could jump here with some work, it’s hard to assume that he will. He does, however, play for a playoff contender so that’s a bonus!

Lillie Jacobs - @Benson

429 TPE was the max here. Sadly Jacobs didn’t seem ready for the big leagues, despite her trying hard to get there. She could have been a steal at #19 OA, but after her trade from Manhattan, she fizzled out and left us too soon. I miss you Benson, I hope you come back someday!

Stolp Skottson - @oskarmeo

Not to sound insensitive but…. Who? He sadly never broke 300 TPE and waned hard, and depite being drafted, with Texas taking a chance at #20, it didn’t pan out. I’m not sure what else to say here, it’s a shame. My draft class is hurting my soul…

Benoit Miniscule - @Chewbacca

Another sub-300 TPE player, the pickings are getting slimmer as we drop. It hurts to see him vanish after winning a Four Star with him an Vancouver, but shit happens I suppose…

Roger Baston - @yoye

After breaking 400 TPE, he vanished, and it hurt as well.  Was supposed to be my teammate in Manhattan, in fact, we even spoke a bit in our LR, then he was gone. It’s a shame, our class looks so small as we keep falling down to #22 here.

Waffles Man - @Gaston

209 TPE…. That’s all I can say…. It’s a shame….

Airi Yamaguchi - @DeathClutch19

Rest

Keegan Angello - @Angello

In

Zach Holt - @Toast

Peace

Ray Bork - @tweedledunn

Another 1K BREAKER! He went late at 27th OA due to his management role with the team, and it’s clear that San Fran has a great player here in Bork. I’m glad to see another real player existing in our class. It’s quite important to us to stick together and support each other!

Kristers Dezelme - @Didza

Another one just not meant to be, Dezelme went late and never produced beyond some juniors playing.

Aaron Freakin Rome - @ssingh26

I’m literally beginning to run out of things to say about burnt out, inactive players…

Mark McFleury - @SidnorMcCrosby

An inactive goalie back-up in the making here folks…

Bernard Brendorowski - @Le_Kris

155 TPE….

Poopity Scoop - @Baelor Swift

The final pick in my class and the final player over 1K TPE. He’s a Turd trophy winning defenseman and hits like hell. He’s a good defensive player but takes a lot of penalties. He’s also a good LR guy, I enjoyed our time in the Manhattan LR together. I wish him well, but not too well if he’s not on my team. But keep our S44 class strong buddy!

So there you have it. S44 in a nutshell. Overall we have a small portion of possible superstars, a few serviceable players, and a bunch of duds. Those of us who remain strong do so knowing we carry the weight of the rest of the class on our shoulders. We may be small, but we’re durable and tight knit amongst ourselves, and everytime we lose one of us, the rest of us mourn. Viva La S44!

(1997 words)[/b][/b]

Damn we were maybe the weakest draft class of all time

Nice article bud, thx for the kind words Smile

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

quite possibly the worst draft class media ive ever read congrats

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

oh the feels, oh the memories. this was supposed to be an awesome draft class. anywho, great write up, friend

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Wow we’re shit

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

As somebody who doesn't really pay much attention to what's going on with the league outside of my team and my player, this article is pretty interesting. I appreciate the write-up. I think I've earned at about as much of a pace as people expect, and I think that's pretty good. Choybuk's career in the SHL has started off decent enough, but obviously not where I want it yet.

But, at the same time, my old player Boychuk had a very slow start as a defenseman and ended up holding Dragons records and winning a ton of cups.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

This was a depressing article to write as so few of us remain. We may be one of the overall weakest draft classes just due to the amount of inactivity that occurred. Those of us who remain do very well in our roles on our teams, and we're a rare commodity

Yeah .I was a stinky pick and still a stinky player but it all worked out. Definitely a bit of burn out but I still update fairly regularly Smile I appreciate the kind words regardless

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]