Create Account

S49 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 06:01 PM by JNH.)

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

I'd be going to games 3 and 4 in Edmonton, not because of any particular thing in favour of Edmonton but mainly because Boston is an absolute butthole of a city.  I don't like the atmosphere there and under no circumstances would I be able to cheer for the Wolfpack, so it wouldn't be enjoyable for me other than antagonizing the Wolfpack fans as I cheer on their team losing.  Really, I don't even think I'll go to the games.  It'd be nice to just get out of the city for a day and I don't really care about watching the games, so I'll post up in the room and watch some PPV on the commy's dollar.  So in hindsight, scratch all I said.  I don't care where you send me, send me wherever, just as long as I'm not paying.  Also make sure there's beer.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

My playing style? 3 words.  Heart, determination, hard work, tiger.  When I go out there, I ain't no half assing none of that shit.  I'm full assing everything.  Pucks in deep?  Full assed.  Back check? Quarter assed.  Actually, forget that.  I definitely be not full assing things.  I'm a playmaker, but for some reason I really like to score as well.  So my advice would be to go out there and just get points.  You could try to help your team win but resistance against STHS is futile. You're best off just trying to score and seeing what happens after that.  If you really wanna practice that, you should try to rip bar down in warm ups.  Use the goalie's head as target practice if you want to work on your aim.  The other way to be like me is to tell your coach to fuck off.  If they're overbearing like Kyl and they're telling you what to do, just lean back over the bench and tell em to fuck off back to hobbit town.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

I think I tend to match up really well against the Los Angeles Panthers.  It's probably because they have an absolute muppet on their back end named Tony Ford.  Like I said in the last PT, I usually tell Kyl to fuck off if he oversteps his boundaries or just tells me what to do in general.  So whenever I see Ford on the ice, I tell Kyl I'm going on.  Then I walk around him because he's too busy digging through my TPE records from our draft two seasons ago.  Rinse and repeat.  Next game?  Walk him again because he's too busy whining to the refs about how I shouldn't be on the ice because Chicago should've never gotten me in the second round.  

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE - Done 4
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?

I think that it has to be Terrance Nova. I've never picked him in fantasy but I've seen a lot of people pick him. For that reason, I think he's going to be the biggest difference maker in this series. I don't really know the other people so I can't speak to their abilities but I recognize Nova's name therefore I pick him.

C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?

Tuck in my opinion. Simon is notorious for taking hot teams and hot players and taking a massive dump on them in the playoffs and I have no reason to believe that Leitner's stint is going to be any different. I feel bad for the guy but you have to give Tuck the advantage.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

Has to be Eko van Otter. Hands down. No contest. OTTERMAN as myself and others affectionately call him has a sick name. You can abbreviate it to EvO. You can call him OTTERMAN. And what's cooler than someone that's half otter half man? COWMAN Tokolosh is a close second but OTTERMAN has Otter in his actual name so he takes the W.

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

Obviously a hotdog. But actually like 7. Hotdogs are amazing and especially when sold by street vendors outside baseball games. Street meat remains unmatched and given OTTERMAN's greasy nature, I think street meat is a great analogy for him. Plus salami is good but it's a little salty and I'd need a drink and I don't have a drink.

Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

I have to give my MVP vote to OTTERMAN. Why? Because for the first part I love that his name is OTTERMAN and I can continuously type OTTERMAN throughout this CW. Other reasons? I didn't actually pay attention to the finals whatsoever and therefore can't give anyone the real MVP award. So instead I"m choosing the true SHL method of awards voting and picking a friend and someone that I just like the most. S47 class has to have each other's backs in these debates and I wouldn't be one if I decided to choose someone who actually deserved it statswise in this case. Also best name obviously equals best hockey playing.

14. TRIVIA - COMPLETED and PMED

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 02:17 AM by tweedledunn.)

Task 5:
[Image: 3itMciF.png]

Task 6:
[Image: C5DXkzR.png]

Task 7:
[Image: 2tcyZmb.png]

Task 10: (106 words)
Hercules Rockefeller is my MVP. Netting 12 goals and 13 assists through the playoffs. The winger showed great agility and the ability to make quick cuts and get by defenders. He also had the power necessary to fight through checks and take the puck to the net. All of this made him very strong one-on-one and off the rush. He took on defenders wide and cut to the net, fighting through any checks along the way. He also had very good balance and controlled the play down low on the cycle. Rockefeller is a pure and talented thoroughbred and deserved that cup! Congratulations to the Blizz!

Task 11:
[Image: 0G9L1D8.png]

Task 12:
PM Sent

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 01:43 AM by bana.)

11 or 14/16
CW deadline is Friday, September 20th at 10:00 PM ET. 

1. Written, 3 TPE 
Code:
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)
This choice was a tough one. You know the fans in Boston are going to be absolutely wild. It doesn't seem to matter what the sports is, if they got a team, they're loyal, they're rough and they're loud. The building is going to be bouncing. Fortunately, you can say the same thing about Edmonton except not every sport and mostly only hockey. Their fans are something else. I'd know. I am one. The Oilers, that is. For the Blizzard, I'd imagine it's much the same. I actually mentioned Edmonton going to the finals earlier. The right moves were made and the team looked very good on paper and ice. For me, I'd have to go with Edmonton. I think the feeling in the building is going to be unreal and that the fans are going to be really crazy. The fact they get Games 3 and 4 means that if it's going to be a 4-0 blank, we get to watch the cup come out in crazy fashion.

Thankfully, Eggy has decided to send myself and Fujikawa to these sets of games, with front row seats and everything filled to the tits. First, we're waking up and going to grab a bite to eat at Smitty's. Then, well travel the city - check out the good shit like West Edmonton Mall, The silver balls off the side of the road, the river valley, the pyramids or maybe even Edmonton now famous "Ice District". We're going to get some fine eats somewhere downtown and finish the night at "The End of The World" watching the sunset. If you're from Edmonton, or around the area, you know exactly how fucking beautiful that shits going to be. Then, just gives us the limos, the helicopter, the whiskey and nose beers and all the jazz to make the night a great one. It's the SHL finals.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

3. Written, 3 TPE
Code:
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)
The first and biggest thing they're going to learn is that nothing comes without hard worker and eventually you come to notice that the higher you push yourself to climb, the better the view. Throughout my SHL agencies days, as well as Fujikawa's, we've always know that hard work, dedication and consistency are key things when it comes to making sure you're as successful and dominant as you could possibly be. Everyday you have to be at that rink doing drills, doing work outs, finding new ways to improve and self-criticize your game in a healthy way that you quickly pick up on the weaker things or decisions.

The second would have to be that without shooting, you're not going to be pumping much out. As a player, I want to score a lot of goals and I want to score a lot of big goals. I want to be absolutely dominant and when people think of good players, Fujikawa is at least in the discussion. Shooting not only gets your the goals, it can also land you the assists and create opportunities, depending on the situation etc, for your team to win and/or get high quality scoring chances. Scoring, for Fujikawa, is extremely important and something he continues to improve in order to become a stronger player.

There's many more things a young player could pick up on him. If there's one more that maybe stands out a little more than the other ones remaining, it would have to be his puck handling. You want to score, you're going to need the shot and hands to do it. Of course your feet are important too. Players that can skate circles around you will make your life hell. But having those godly hands that make magic happen - well, that's just as well too. His hands are gifted and reflecting on point 1, he continues to improve so that his chances for producing better results for himself and team are greater.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Code:
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.
[Image: 21Gdy3E.jpg]

6. Graphic, 3 TPE
Code:
Advertisers eyeing the SHL Finals coverage are always looking for that next young star. Create a graphic of either (a) a young player in the SHL finals (start date from S45-49) or (b) any player appearing in the SMJHL finals and their newest endorsement. Advertisement must have the players render and name, team logo, and the player promoting the endorsed product.
[Image: EEjKOKB.jpg]

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
PM'd

Code:
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 10:15 PM by SecondSucks22.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest -
all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2
in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab??
(150+ words)
First and foremost, I dont know why ANYONE would subject themselves to Boston, Im sure its a beautiful city, one of the oldest in north america, BUT THE FANS. Red Socks, Pats, Bruins, Wolfpack, all their fans are the worst. This is why I choose Edmonton, much nicer fans, theyre Canadian, so they legally have to be nice to guests. Honestly its VIP suites, the best food in the city, limo's, probably a Boivin Jersey (we all know him riding the bench is what won them the championship) and probably a new suit courtesy of Eggy. That said game 3 and 4 are also far more intense, more is on the line, and players start to get more frustrated, it could be the start of a great come back, or the nail in the coffin for a team whos hopes and dreams have been shattered into a million tiny little pieces.
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players
even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe
your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

I would say first and foremost its Duggan's stick-to-it-ivness. I wont lie, my last junior year was a tough one, and my progress wasnt where it should have been for what is expected of me, but it has been a bounce back year, having hit the TPE cap for the first time in my career, and infact going over it. Another one is knowing when to focus on what is important, that plays into the final junior season being a tough one for development. You have to do what you have to do, so long as its best for you. Also, and I can not stress this enough FOCUS EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON GETTING BETTER DEFENSIVELY, seriously since my second season in the junior league people have been yelling that at me every single day, like, its starting to become a problem, Ill be driving and pull up to a red light, and some 4 year old in the back of a mini van is yelling "PUT MORE WORK INTO DEFENSE." Like, its insane.
Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the
forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from
the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that
team specifically? (100+ words)

This is going to sound insane, but hear me out, or dont listen to me, I really couldnt care less. My game plan, if I were the coaches in Edmonton, would be to call Jean-Paul Boivin up AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, then bench him. Dont send him to the press box, that would be dumb, but also dont give him ANY minutes, literally make him suit up and sit there backup goalie style. You may be wondering why I say this. Jean Paul being benched is the reason Vancouver won the 4 star cup, and if our math is correct, by benching Jean Paul you will appease the hockey gods enough to win the championship.

8. 4TPE: Bash Cast CW Special

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM],
woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
(100+ words)

Im going to stick to my guns. Obviously the coaches on Edmonton have heard my suggestions from the future and called Jean Paul up to be the ultimate cheerleader and appease the hockey gods. From what I know about Jean Paul, he was happy to do it for the success of the team (and a shiny new ring). As such I would have to award Jean Paul Boivin with the series MVP award as he was the ultimate team player. You know how frustrating it would be to FLY TO EDMONTON have to stay IN EDMONTON gear up and not get a single fucking minute? I would murder someone, and thats just for making me fly to edmonton. 10/10 patience and team player.

12: Sent

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Task 1

I am not a fan of Boston nor its sport teams. They feel like they are entitled to something because they always get accused of cheating. I’m not walking the Wolfpack cheater, and they may be the most honest franchise in the state to be honest. But if those teams keep getting accused of cheating, eventually there is something going on there. So I’ll pass on Boston and head up to Edmonton where I’ll take a Segway tour around the town before getting a nice dinner somewhere. Honestly I don’t have a lot of interest in this series but I’d like to see them win since one of my teammates might get to play for them. That being said I’m pretty indifferent about both cities so I’m just looking forward to some good hockey since I haven’t sniffed a finals in my short career yet. Give it time. I won’t be running up a tab. Pretty boring week for me.

Task 2

The setting is an empty arena. The camera zooms in on the ice and we see some bloody teeth. We then go to the locker room where a player is looking at his mouth in the mirror. He’s bloodied and toothless. We then hear Josef Kubinc narrate.
JC: Nine out of ten hockey players lose their teeth before the age of thirty. This can be prevented by wearing the proper protection and using the right toothpaste. That’s why we are introducing Riot-Glue. Eleven out of ten doctors recommend Riot-Glue toothpaste for SHL players. I have been using Riot-Glue for the last ten days and now watch as this professional boxer punches me in the mouth.
Professional boxer punches Josef in the face. Josef’s teeth stay in place.
JC: See? With Riot-Glue, everything stays right where it’s supposed to stay. Please consult a doctor before using Riot-Glue. Side effects include stroke, indigestion, herpes, mood swings, and depression.
JC: Riot-Glue. The official toothpaste of the SHL. With Riot-Glue, there’s no shot in the mouth you can’t take. Wait, what?

Task 3

I’m not the guy to emulate unless you want a stunted career. I guess I’m a decent skater but I have a selfish shoot first mentality. While the team takes priority, my priority is scoring goals. That benefits the team. So I’m a bit selfish although I did get a little better about that in my final season. I was in the scoring title race but fell off a cliff in the last two seasons. So coaches probably don’t want me telling this to their young players but I’m pretty selfish. Look for a lane and score. That’s my mentality. But don’t be afraid to mix it up. If gloves are dropping, you can usually count on me being involved. I do stand up for my teammates. If I can’t score a goal I’ll probably try start a fight just to rally the fans and get something going. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get ejected. Don’t emulate me kids.

Task 4

Ironically I did pretty well against Montreal. I usually brought my A game against them. Anchorage is another one. For some reason I just stepped up when I saw them. Maybe I felt like I had something to prove, I can’t put my finger on it. Montreal are a good physical team and I appreciate that. Fun to play against. They’re not afraid to mix it up and play some old school hockey. Anchorage, I’m not sure either. I tended to have my way with them but they struggled so it’s not really fair to use them. Montreal were definitely my favorite opponent of the season and if you look at our seven game series, it’s easy to see why.

Task 9

D - My favorite name has to be Terrance Nova. His first name sounds like that of a drug dealer but Nova always reminded me of the future. So he sells like futuristic drugs like a non-addictive crack or a cocaine that doesn’t make your nose bleed. It’s just a really cool name to be honest.

E - Both are pretty offensive but if I had to eat one it would be salami. Hotdogs are wrong (no disrespect to the GM) but they are just wrong. Like, why would you choose one when there is literally anything else available. The list of things to do other than eat a hot dog are infinite (minus one). As for salami, it will do if there’s nothing else I guess. Still never my first choice.

Task 10

Hercules Rockefeller had a stellar playoffs. In 23 games, he amassed twelve goals and thirteen assists. That’s a lot of points for the playoffs. He always delivered for the team and they leaned on the forward whenever possible. Having a line with Cuddles and Nova didn’t hurt matters either. They straight up dominated New England, shutting them out in the series. Hercules deserves a lot of credit for the run but in that series in particular. He amassed four goals in that series and it probably would have been more had the series lasted longer. Hats off to him and the entire team for that performance.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 11:41 PM by raymond3000.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
Andreas Kvalheim, after a breakout year with the Texas Renegades, is quickly becoming a fan favorite among Renegades fans and fans all across the SHL. Kvalheim is a prototypical power forward who loves to throw the body and crash the net. He is a wrecking ball out on the ice, injecting fear into the opposing team with his thunderous hits. He even led the league in hits this past season, with 220 hits. On top of his physical play, Kvalheim has shown some offensive flair as well. With his size and skating, Kvalheim is able to drive to the net with the puck and get into those high danger areas, generating scoring chances. He scored 19 goals this past season, many of which came in and around the crease. Kvalheim doesn't slack on the defensive side of the game either, as he is a mainstay on the Renegades penalty kill. He even led all forwards in takeaways this past season.

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.
[Image: 6yyhKwP.png]

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE
Advertisers eyeing the SHL Finals coverage are always looking for that next young star. Create a graphic of either (a) a young player in the SHL finals (start date from S45-49) or (b) any player appearing in the SMJHL finals and their newest endorsement. Advertisement must have the players render and name, team logo, and the player promoting the endorsed product.
[Image: 2E9UuE5.png]

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.

A. Both teams brought in some great players over the course of the past season to elevate their teams into the Challenge Cup Finals, and I think New England's Noah Konn will have the greatest impact in these Challenge Cup Finals. The Norwegian plays a physical game that is well-suited for the playoffs, and will be a real difference maker.

B.
F - Rafe Ulrich
F - Manuel Gotze
F - Tony Pepperoni
D - Tigole Bitties
D - Tor Tuck
G - Johannes Leitner

Rafe Ulrich is a slam dunk pick as one of the league's best fantasy players. The other two forwards provide both hits and points as well. Defense was a bit harder to pick, as both teams have two elite defenseman. Goalie is another crapshoot, but Leitner had the better regular season so I went with him over Tuck.

C. Johannes Leitner had an incredible season for the Wolfpack and should be in contention for the league MVP. On the other hand, Tommy Tuck struggled for the Blizzard, but has a much more established history of success than Leitner. If I had to pick one goalie, I'd have to go with the more experienced Tuck.

D. Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz easily has the best name of any player in the Finals. I have no clue how to pronounce it and don't want to even try, but I'm sure it would roll off the tongue smoothly and satisfyingly. I remember some podcasters were asked to pronounce it and Slappy actually seemed to nail it.

E. I would definitely prefer a hot dog right now. You can never go wrong with a classic hot dog with ketchup on top. Mustard, relish and onions are all okay as well, but not necessary. Also salami is typically too salty for my liking, so I would not want to eat it.

Code:
2. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
SENT

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 10:18 AM by Ace.)

TOTAL TPE: 16

Task 1 (3 TPE)
Frans Eller, the Danish goaltender, age 10, was invited by the New England Wolfpack General Manager Erik Chisling to attend the Challenge Cup Finals. The Wolfpack come into the finals as the heavy favorite and the top seeded squad, and Eller grew up rooting for the Pack as he looks up to SHL Legend Erik Chisling tremendously. He obviously chose Boston over Edmonton – Boston is a cultural staple packed to the brim with history and higher learning. Edmonton is, well, Edmonton. In addition to attending the game, young Frans Eller took a tour of Boston’s Old City Hall, the Boston Common, and the site of the Boston Massacre that helped spark the burn of the American Revolution so many years ago. He went to Fenway to catch a Red Sox game, and even shook Bill Belichick’s hand. A true Boston experience, through and through. He can’t wait to see the Pack win it all! (womp womp)

Task 2 (3 TPE)
*Camera pans in on Tigole Bitties, gray hair pushing through his luscious, red beard, making it look like the coat of a calico cat.*

“Hi, I’m Tigole Bitties, defenseman for the New England Wolfpack.  Are you tired of your husband rolling away from you when you try to initiate intimate times? Do you think he’s no longer attracted to you? Does he seem distant, or disengaged? Less masculine?”

*It zooms in on Tigole’s face.*

“That’s me. I know all about it, and I went through it. That’s until I took enLONGate for Men. This product doesn’t just reinvigorate your man’s member, it reinvigorates their personality. It’s practically made me a new man! Call today for your free sample of enLONGate for Men. It’s simple – make your man more like me. Call now at (800) PLS-LONG and one of our helpful Masculinity Support Agents will get that magic bottle of happiness your way.”

*The camera pans back out, where Bitties is suddenly shirtless. His pectoral muscles bounce as he speaks these final words.*

“Your man will be able to take care of you, like I take care of my goalie.”

Task 3 (3 TPE)
When you look at my style of play, it’s hard to describe. When I broke into competitive hockey, it wasn’t as a defenseman. I started off a goal scoring, offense loving centerman. I took pride in my two way play, I wanted to be the one to force a turnover in my defensive zone that turned into an offensive play going the other way. Eventually, due to necessity and my own skill set, I found myself converted to a reliable offensive defenseman. I put up some respectable scoring numbers from the blue line, but my predominate focus was to protect my own net.

I’d describe my style of play as reliable, stout and creative, as I am still fleet of foot enough to win the race to the boards, fight off the forechecker in a puck battle, get that quick step with the puck to gain separation and fire the puck up the ice onto the stick of a forward for a quick breakout pass. These weren’t skills I started with when I was a teenager – it was something that simply developed with effort and determination during my training. Don’t try to picture a player, seeing a few of your attributes in them that you want to emulate. Be your own player. Carve your own path.

Task 4 (2 TPE)
I don’t really have a team that I play particularly well against every single time. I do, however, have a team that I will eternally struggle against and I don’t have an inkling of knowledge as to why. That team, naturally, is the West Kendall Platoon. I think it’s just because JR95 is my daddy.
I suppose that if there was a team that I play particularly well against it’s probably the Edmonton Blizzard, outside of the series that we’re not talking about. I just seem to get motivated to play against the team that I played the first half of my career with. I don’t think it’s necessarily anything systems or coaching wise, it just happens to play out that way.

Task 9A (1 TPE)
If you would’ve asked me before the series, it’s an easy answer of Kalju. Bitties was a one-man show on that top pair for a long time in the past, and the acquisition of Kalju brought a player in that worked as a perfect compliment to Bitties’ preference towards puck distribution.

Task 9B (1 TPE)
Teddy Cuddles, Manuel Gotze, Anders Christiansen, Brady McIntyre, Tigole Bitties. Cuddles and Gotze are high end scorers and have a knack and knocking bodies around, and McIntyre and Bitties are really high-end TPE earners with top tier builds for defense that log big minutes, which should secure a large number of shot blocks.

Task 9C (1 TPE)
Going into the series, I would say there’s two approaches to evaluate this. Who is the better all-around goalie right now? That has to go to Tuck, simply on track record, historical performance and TPE. But if we take momentum into account? Easily Johannes Leitner. The guy had a historic season for the Pack, and was a big reason they made it this far.

Task 9D (1 TPE)
Tigole Bitties. Homer vote. It’s a historical name from a long line of dairy farmers in Nuuk, Greenland. Scholars maintain it’s a direct translation of “Cheesemakers” from the Greenlandic tongue. It’s totally not a pun about breasts. That’d be incredibly juvenile and wildly inappropriate to put on the jerseys of young SHL fans.

Task 9E (1 TPE)
I am pretty sure that I would have to search for a new co-General Manager if I chose Salami on this one. Hotdog is a treat – it’s encased in a magical edible container so you don’t have to really know or understand what is within it. You put it within a bun, which acts as a vessel to deliver the mystery meat concoction to your digestive system. You can even top it with a variety of tasty condiments! Easy choice. Hotdog all the way.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 06:52 PM by Segi.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

From what I hear of those North American cities, a several day stay in Boston would be much nicer than one in the cold northern city of Edmonton. I will stay in the Boston Harbor Hotel, which was the most expensive one I could find with a quick google search and since the boss is paying, that seems like the way to go. Apart from watching two great hockey games, the thing to do in Boston seems like whale watching, so I would definitely go do a trip or two, depending on success. The New England Aquarium also looks very nice and for some reason, the Bostonians seem to be big on tea parties, so I guess that gets in as well. To run up the tab I would also go eat in some very fancy restaurants and probably go to find a casino to get in some gambling obviously.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Seger's playing style distinguished itself by being very calm. When he is in posession and an opposing forward is coming for the forecheck, Seger never gets stressed and waits until the right moment to make his move. His skating is not the best, so most of the time, this move is a pass to an open team member. Another factor of Seger's style is the good eye for the game. He knows his team members moves and can see an open forward before they even know themselves that they are open soon. The Swiss two way defender has a hard and precise passing game. Playing with new team mates, that often leads to icing the puck, but once he is well practised with his line, Seger's passes are definitely an asset leading to strong turn arounds. In the power play, Seger plays the role of a quarter back, often being the only attacker on the blue line and finding passing ways through the whole zone.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

In the SHL, Seger does not look like he has found his favorite opponent yet, but back in his career with the Anaheim Outlaws, he seemed to love to play against the Colorado Raptors. He scored his first goal of his SMJHL career against the Raptors and later on continued to always look extra motivated to play against them. There was no particular reason for this since none of his favorite rivals were on Colorado, but the whole Anaheim Outlaws team performed very well against the Raptors in their first season of existance and got a lot more points against the Colorado team than they got against other SMJHL teams at the time.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. Before the series, I would have thought Noah Konn or Anders Christiansen to have the biggest impact on the series, but I think, it ended up being Terrnace Nova. The forward who came from Minnesota earlier in the season, scored 2 goals and 3 assists in the 4 game series and to top it all, he scored the championship winning goal in game 4.
B. Hercules Rockefeller - Terrance Nova - Noah Konn - Brady McIntyre - Tor Tuck. Rockefeller was the man of the series and the whole play offs. Nova was the top transfer of the Blizzard this season and ended up having another phenomenal season after slowing down a bit with the Chiefs. Konn is one of the best wingers in the league. McIntyre and Tuck might be the best defensive pairing of the season, so I wouldn't want to take them apart.
D. The best player name is clearly Slap McShotty @bbjygm of the New England Wolfpack. Even though it was joked a lot about that his name should actually be either Face McOffy or Face McPunchy since he is much better on the face offs and in fights than he is on the blue line.

Code:

Congrats to the Blizzard on sweeping this series! My vote for series MVP goes to Hercules Rockefeller, who scored in every single one of the four games in this series. New England was having a very hard time getting him under control and he always seemed to be one step ahead of his opponents. Rockefeller did lead his team and the whole league in playoff scoring, managing to get 12 goals and 13 assists in 23 games, but alone in the final series, he was not just a point per game player, but both a goal per game and an assist per game player, scoring 4 goals and assists each against New England alone.

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"

Answers sent

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

1. Alex Winters was not the most excited about being invited to the Challenge Cup Finals. The winger was still nursing some minor injuries after being eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals by the New England Wolfpack, and he was preparing to pack and head to the training camp for the Czech national team. But upon being told that the entire trip would be on the Commissioner’s dime, he was happy to go spend someone else’s money for a few days. Alex flew first class from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Edmonton International Airport, arriving earlier on the day of Game 4 as he hadn’t spent much time walking around Edmonton in his career before, other than his one pre-draft visit 7 years ago. After spending some time walking around the city, he met up with his friend on the Blizzard, Brady McIntyre for coffee before heading to dinner. From dinner, he went straight to the game where he was more than pleased to watch the Wolfpack lose to the Blizzard, clinching the Challenge Cup. WC: 178

3. One of the most surreal moments for Alex Winters was when he was attended an autograph signing event and there were dozens of fans wearing his jersey, including many youngsters and high school students. After the event was over, he met with some of those students and talked to them about them playing hockey and their styles of game. Several told him that they tried to model their game after him, and Alex was pleasantly surprised. When they asked him for advice on how to play in a similar style, he told them to focus on a few things. Alex told them that he likes to consider himself a playmaker, but he was sure to tell the young players to not neglect their shooting and skating as well. Spending time to hone your shot was something that Alex made sure to stress, given that players at high levels like the SHL must be able to do both at a high level in order to succeed. WC: 165

4. The team that I seem to play best against, at least this last season, was probably the New Orleans Specters. I say that because there was one specific game in which I scored all three goals, my third career hat trick, including the overtime winner in a 3-2 victory. I guess I like Creole food, given that the matchup was in New Orleans, so maybe I’ll just have to eat more of that before games to see if it will help me perform at an elite level against all teams. If not, maybe it’s just the soft ice down there, even though I hate skating on soft ice. WC: 108

A. Terrance Nova is the player that was acquired by the Blizzard that I think will have the biggest impact. He was the only player acquired that was a truly elite player and his ability to change the game is something that cannot be overstated, especially in the Finals. Nova is going to have the biggest impact. WC: 56
B. Teddy Cuddles, Gordie Boomhover, Hercules Rockefeller, Brady McIntyre, Tor Tuck, and Johannes Leitner would be my ideal SHL Fantasy team based off of the playoff statistics. Cuddles puts up a lot of hits and points, Boomhover had a great offensive postseason, and Rockefeller was the next highest scoring forward. Tuck and McIntyre had the most defensive points as well as a good amount of hits and shot blocks. Leitner is well, Leitner. WC: 72
C. Tuck is one of the greatest goalies in SHL history and while Leitner had a great season, my money will always be on the legend over the young buck. Tuck has the ability to steal games regularly, and while Leitner can do that, Tuck is the best at it, even though his career is winding down. WC: 56

10. My MVP for the Challenge Cup Playoffs is probably Brady McIntyre. Coming in with 22 points, he finished third in scoring for the Blizzard. However, his shot blocks are the big difference for me. Racking up 38 shot blocks to go with his points, he had a remarkably successful playoff and his seven goals led all defenseman and was tied for fifth out of all players. His ability to shutdown other team’s top lines and best players, to go with his impressive offensive output puts him in his own class this playoff. Perhaps a controversial choice given the output of players like Teddy Cuddles, I see McIntyre as the key piece in the Blizzard winning the Cup this year. WC: 119

12. Sent

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)
All on Eggy’s tab eh? Well I think I would definitely have to order the opposing city’s local dish and get it shipped. Arriving in Edmonton I might as well order a nice Atlantic Lobster dinner or if I am going to Boston I will have to order I dunno snow? I will have to take a Limo everywhere right? No a Limo is too small, Party bus all the way. I should also get some new threads seeing as I am going to be in VIP, A nice suit with a high thread count should do the trick. Maybe a second in case I splash Champagne all over the new suit. Also on that same note I will be only drinking Champagne none of this sparkling wine crap. In the end I would probably spend all my time figuring out where to get this high caliber stuff that I end up missing the game anyway and have to pay it all back. Just my luck.

2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)
A young player is working on doing stick handling drills but is completely unable to keep the puck on his stick. Cut to shot of father looking disappointed as player skates to bench. Player grabs some water and looks up to see a Gorilla waiting for him on the bench. Gorilla hands over the new Double Sided Gorilla tape. Wrapping the tape around the blade of his stick the young player has a renewed sense of determination. Montage: Every drill the player has a puck on his stick and amazes the coach and his team. Cut again to the now proud father as the Gorilla puts its hand on his shoulder. Cut to the player in a shootout breaking down on the goalie, he deeks once, twice and then pulls it wide while the goalie sprawls to save it, but the player slides the puck into the open net. Triumphant the player cheers only to see the puck stuck to his stick still. The horn sounds and we see the goalie jump up and start celebrating in the background. Cut to product shot.

3. Written, 3 TPE
Tibuk Soonika is old school through and through. I grew up watching hockey from the 80’s and 90’s and still use a stand up style of goal tending to this day. This has its draw backs in that I have to react quickly to the initial shot and then get creative to ensure rebounds are kept out. However in this new age of hockey where the butterfly style reigns supreme the stand-up style is often unexpected from young shooters. I’ve often got the patience to wait out his opponent forcing them to make mistakes and relying on my sound positional play to avoid dangerous shots. I play aggressively and have worked hard on my skating. When putting on development schools for young goalies I often preach the importance of being a strong skater in net if not the strongest skater on the ice. I hope up and coming goalies can look to me and see that Old school is indeed best school.

7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  The signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

[Image: Signs-Large.png]
A. @nykonax
B. @SDCore
C. @JNH
D. @thiefofcheese

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name), 1 TPE
Damn this was a close one. I had it narrowed down to Dick Clapper and Tigole Bitties before I realized that Hercules Rockefellar was on Edmonton. Hercules Rockefellar, what a ballsy name without looking at this build I hope he is 6’9” and 275lbs….Crap I looked after typing that last part and realized he was 5’11” and 195. Whatever Hercules Rockefellar gets my favorite player name.

12. Casual Member Special - SENT, 3 TPE

Total = 16 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 06:18 PM by NUCK.)

The choice is an easy one, Edmonton! Although both city's are shit holes, Boston is by far a far less desirable place for me to visit. Being lucky enough to be chosen as a league VIP to attend a finals game as a guest and not a player, is somewhat bitter sweet. But the plush front row seating and first class treatment has been spectacular! We have full limo services and room service to boot, a luxury the cheap pricks at Calgary wont allow. It's been caviar wishes and champagne dreams for me sense arriving at the Edmonton airport. The fans have been amazing as well, despite our 2 cit's long and heated rivalry. My favorite part of the entire experience was when Eggy stood in front of the crowd to announce the roster's and was booed out of the building! Although I still dont understand why they were chanting "Bettman you suck", guess Edmonton are to simple minded to realize his name is Dash.

My advice for any young aspiring athlete is simple, work ethic. If you want to be the best at something or even just make the team, it all boils down to doing the work. You need to give 100% of yourself at every aspect of life or you wont achieve your dreams and be the only reason why. It's an all day, all week job and you will be able to tell that you have given it your all and left everything out there! At the end of the day the only person who can really be the judge of your growth and potential is yourself , your going to know when you had enough and also when you had more to give. It really never does matter who thinks what in the end as you are to be your own worst critic in your evolution. It's your concern's of lackluster performances and half ass'd workouts that will decide your fate as an athlete, use it to your advantage and always try for more.

12. sent

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE

I'm picking Game 1 in Boston, for a few reasons, but mostly cause Game 1 is always as hyped as a crowd can be next to Game 7. Both teams will be full of hope and ready to make noise for their first game. Next, I'd pick Game 1 in Boston due to the fans in Boston are some of the most passionate in North America, and they are always ready for big games. After that, its cause of the great social scene in Boston as they are renown for their great bar scene which would me great pregaming with great fans. Finally the big reason is to support the Eastern Conference in the finals, as I'm in the East and I want to see us show how good of a conference we are over the West, and a former North Star is on the Wolfpack and it would be great to see Anders win a cup.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE

Entering his 10th season in the SHL, Mikhail Lokitonov has become one of the league's premier scoring forwards and currently one of its more well-rounded forwards in general. His game is based around his ability to pass the puck with the best playmakers in the league, while also boasting one of the best shots in the league. Mix those two skills his world class puck handling, he becomes one of the hardest to stop scoring options in the league. Lokitonov is the perfect scoring threat for any line as his ability to shoot and pass are unrivaled in the league, which mean regardless of his linemates he'll fine ways to score and help his teammates score as well. The biggest thing young players must do to emulate Loki is to work a well rounded offensive game to keep defenses honest, while not forgetting about the physical parts of the game with good skating and well timed hitting.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 06:01 PM by LarksTongue.)

1. Written, 3 TPE

I would go to games 1 and 2 in Boston as I have always wanted to visit the city with some spare time instead of playing against the Wolfpack. I chose Boston as there is quite a lot of history there that you can take in. In order to have the best experience possible, I decided to stay at the Four Seasons Hotel for games 1 and 2. I enjoyed fine dining and exquisite wine. During the day before the games I ventured out into the downtown visiting the majority of Museums in the area like; Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science, USS Constitution, as well as other activities like going to the New England Aquarium, going along the Freedom Trail, in addition to doing some shopping at the Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Lastly on another day I went out to Fenway Park to see a Red Sox game where they played the New York Yankees, it was a great time.

2. Written, 3 TPE

A bit of a cop out but this is commercial I will never forget and I imagined our SHL players in it.

@Leafs4ever, @Muford, @ErM, @FlappyGiraffe, @Bonk, @Chris-McZehrl, @ToeDragon84, @Wasty, @JSS, @Raven, @Mike Izzy, @luketd, @Zoone16, @karey, @BarnabasCollins, @.bojo, @NorwegianDemon

*Cut to Hercules Rockefeller ordering pizza on the phone in his Edmonton Blizzard Jersey*

Rockefeller: Hi I would like to order some Pizza please?

*Cut to Tommy Tuck and Tor Tuck having a pillow fight in their hotel room*

Rockefeller: 3 Pizza, 1 Chicken Finger, 2 Meatloaf

*Cut to Gary Grease and Lil Manius throwing water balloons at pedestrians below off their balcony*

Rockefeller: 6 Large French Fries and some sausage

*Cut to GOD McZehrl and Jason Visser pushing luggage carts with Max Mauldin and Flacko Lagerfield in them down a hotel hallway*

*Cut to Rafe Ulrich eating chocolate off of a food cart left alone for a few minutes*

Rockefeller: 5 lobsters lots of ketchup

*Cut to Mike Izzy, Luke Thomason, Alex Light, and Viktor Marius playing mini-sticks in a cramped hotel room*

Rockefeller: Chicken Corn Dogs, Canadian Bacon

*Cut to the mini-stick group fleeing the room after breaking a bunch of stuff*

*Cut to Rafe Ulrich being caught stealing candy from a food cart*

Rockefeller: 6 pepsi.

*Cut to Kata Vilde, and Beaujeaux Biscuit scratching Cedric Robinson’s nose with a feather who then pies himself in the face*

Rockefeller: No that's everything thank you… My name? Anders Christiansen

TITLE CARD:
SHL Players are like you and I! Come watch the finals this week at 7PM sharp!

*Cut to Anders Christiansen getting the food.*

Christiansen: ROCKEFELLER!!!!!!

Video of Reference

3. Written, 3 TPE

The best way to describe Commander Sheaprd’s playing style is that he is a; conservative two-way playmaker. In particular young smaller players really look up to Shepard as he his only 5’7’’ and 180 lbs. Shepard prefers to maintain control of the puck and choose the simpler plays instead of dangling like other superstars. Shepard is known for his seeing eye passes that other players miss. Shepard has always prided himself in his defensive play away from the puck. As well as always trying to be close support for a winger with the puck or the defenseman trying to clear the puck with pressuring forecheckers. A team player through and through, Shepard forgoes personal development for development aligning with team needs. Unlike his galaxy saving days Shepard mellowed out and is not a very vocal player in the locker room but leads by example showing the work ethic required to keep developing. In the end, Shepard is the definition of what the media calls: a student of the game.

4. Written, 2 TPE

After going through my games over the past few seasons Commander Shepard has produced quite a lot against the Calgary Dragons. Shepard grabbed a point in the majority of games he has played against the Dragons so far. I think this is because Shepard lines up well against Barry Batsbak a player of similar TPE and drafted the same year as Shepard. It might also be because the 3rd pairing of the Dragons is below Shepard’s TPE giving him room to open up offensively. Lastly, Batsbak, Choybuck and Nuck are all part of a more balanced scoring line whereas the Jets 3rd line of Shepard, Gallagher, and Bears had more of a shut down role on the team.

This one is a no brainer to me, despite the great play of Tor Tuck I’m going to have to give my vote to Hercules Rockefeller who contributed in every single game in Edmonton’s sweep over New England. In the 1st game Rockefeller grabbed 2 power play points and had 4 hits. In game 2 Rockefeller grabbed an insurance goal and went 13/25 in the faceoff dot. In game 3 Rockefeller exploded with 3 points 2 of which were goals again going over 50% in the faceoff circle. In game 4, Rockefeller kept the train running with another 2 points and the first star of the game again going over 50% in the circle.

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM SENT

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Task 1: 3 TPE

Since I’ve set out to spend as much money as possible on my VIP trip, I’m obviously going to the Canadian city. As far as my methods are concerned, I’m pretty old fashioned when it comes to dumping money, and nothing eats up money like a long stay at a fancy hotel, so I decided to arrive a few weeks early. Room service is definitely pricey, but if you really want to see that bill soar, then you’ve definitely got to clean out your minibar. Another surefire way to go is to invite people to dinner at the hotel, and charge everything to your room. Tip big of course. By the time the teams arrived in town for the games, I’m sure the bill was enormous, but this is when I started having parties in the hotel room. Trashing a hotel room is a costly move, unless you’re not the one the room is charged to, so when you’ve got an opportunity like this you take it.

Task 3: 3 TPE

Charlie Schieck is an offensive defenseman who creates plays through his ability to read and adapt to his opponents’ moves. When he returns home in the summertime, he visits a few different local hockey camps for a day, and his message to kids is always focused on creating offense through sound defense. It’s his opinion that the truly skilled offensive defensemen make plays in their own end, rather than wait for one-timers on the PP. Young players looking to emulate Charlie are often impressed with just how much focus he puts on defense, for a player so offensively gifted, but they all follow closely as they can. Schieck loves these summer visits, because it keeps him connected with his roots, and gives him an opportunity to share lessons with future generations of the sport. He’s not really sure if he’s someone young kids try to emulate much, but he’d want to make sure he was setting a good example if they were trying.

Task 5: 2 TPE

Option B:
[Image: S49_CW.png]

Task 9: 5 TPE

Terrance Nova is a legendary player in the SHL, and his wealth of experience makes him stand out in this group of players. I couldn’t bet against him making the biggest impact, just because he’s proven repeatedly to be a game breaking star. Not to disrespect the talented players we’re discussing, but Nova is just on another level.

Terrance Nova, Teddy Cuddles, Noah Konn, Tigole Bitties, and Brady McIntyre. I think these are all no-brainers tbh.. what a group of studs. Nova is a future HOFer ez, Cuddles is one of the best at both ends of the ice, then you’ve got Konn probably the most underrated player in this series. On defense it’s even more stacked really, cause you’ve got Tigole Bitties, all-star stud, and on top of that you’ve got the absolute HUNK Brady McIntyre from the beautiful Czechia.

No offense to Leitner, who certainly is a talented goaltender, but to give him the advantage over Tommy Tuck would be outrageous if you ask me. Tuck wasn’t always the sharpest goalie, but since he’s settled into his home in Edmonton he’s been one of the best in the league every season. Leitner could easily end up stealing the show, but if it were a matter of betting then the odds would favour Tuck.

Nova is an incredible last name, and I know I’ve fawned over Nova a lot already, but I really love his name as well. Terrance is a great first name as well, but Nova carries it a lot here for me, and it would’ve taken a real shit first name to keep him out of this answer.

Definitely would have to go with hotdog. I’ve never been a fan of salami… I didn’t like it on pizzas, I didn’t like it on sandwiches, and I sure as hell didn’t like eating it straight. Hotdogs on the other hand, I’ve used many preparation methods, and most of them I liked to be honest.

Task 12: 3 TPE

PM’d

3 + 3 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 16

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

12: Done

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!