Create Account

S49 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 07:41 PM by nykonax.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)
Since Eggy rigged the lottery and didn't put Chicago in the winning slot like I told him to he's gonna have a big bill. First of all, I'm going to travel to Boston, since it costs way more to do stuff there. First order of business is getting a nice hotel room, or two, or three rooms all adjoining. I need all the space I can get. Next I'm going to buy a ton of Jules Watt jerseys and Chicago merch, because presumably some of the funds go to the player, so might as well get rich. Next I'm flying out all the Syndicate boys and bringing them to the game, buying suite tickets. Also obviously need to come to the game in style, so buying the most expensive suit I can find, and getting it custom tailored to fit perfectly. Finally, the last thing on my wish list is enough money to pay off the SHL simmer so that Chicago will make it to the finals and win them next season.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)
I would best describe Jules Watt's playing style as a two way defenseman, who is mainly a passer. He hasn't been on the powerplay, but I feel like if the coach put him on the powerplay he'd man the point perfectly. For younger players wanting to emulate this style, and probably Corey Kennedy also wanting to learn, I'd recommend focusing on passing ability and working on game sense. These are 2 of the biggest parts of Watt's game, as he was one of the best passers in his rookie season. Another part to his game is physicality. He isn't scared to throw the body to get where he wants or to get the puck. One of the biggest thing any hockey player can learn from him is to not be scared of blocking shots, and to always get yourself in the shooting lane, but one key part to it is to not block shots with your stick, because it can deflect and make it harder for the goaltender.

Code:
9. Written, 4 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

B. My ideal fantasy team would definitely be F - Hercules Rockefeller. F - Teddy Cuddles F - Manuel Gotze D - Tor Tuck D - Brady McIntyre and G - Tommy Tuck. Most of these players are from the series winning Blizzard, and for good reason. Rockefeller, Cuddles, and McIntyre were all in the top 3 of playoff scoring, Cuddles racked up the hits and lead the playoffs with 76. Gotze also had a good amount of hits and points. Tuck was 2nd in hits and shots blocked. Tommy Tuck was also the best goalie of the playoffs.
C. Tommy Tuck definitely has the advantage in the crease this series. His strong S45 was no fluke. Looking at the stats this playoffs he's posted 1 shutout, a 0.908 sv% and a 2.94 GAA all while playing the most minutes and games in the playoffs. He's also faced the most shots of all the goaltenders in the playoffs. It'll be hard for NEW to get pucks past him.
D. There's plenty of good names on both teams, like Tony Pepperoni for the meat and the rhyming, Hercules Rockefeller is another good one because he's strong, but also rich. Tigole Bitties just needs a couple letters swapped to become Big ole Titties, which is pretty nice. But I think the best name comes from presumably polish player Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz just because it's every commentators worst nightmare. Thankfully it seems he didn't touch the puck much.
E. I'd rather have a hotdog for sure. Hotdogs are just all around better than Salami. You get more meat, better tasting meat, it can be cooked many ways, it can be eaten many ways, with buns, without buns, with whatever condiments you like. Salami is just greasy and doesn't taste good. There is a reason as to why 20 billion hotdogs are consumed each year by Americans alone.

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: Xjomx4b.png]

Code:
12. 12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special
Sent
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 11:29 PM by c00kies.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

I would choose game 1 and 2 in Boston. I play in Calgary and we faced off against the Blizzard and lost, so I'd rather stay away from that building. Additionally, I've visited Edmonton so often over the years that I'd rather go somewhere else, especially to make the flight worth it. One thing I would do while there is go to Fenway Park to see the storied Red Sox host another team (hopefully Yankees). I'd love the true American experience with beer, hotdogs, cotton candy, popcorn, peanuts, the 7th inning stretch, and home runs over the Green Monster, all while behind the dugout chirping at the players, while getting autograph balls, bats, and even hockey pucks and sticks. The other reason to choose game 1 and 2 is that there is something special about the very first puck drop in the Finals, and game 1 tends to be played like a boxing match, as both teams try to get a feel for the other one to exploit weaknesses in future games.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

Shooter's style is to shoot first and ask questions later...at least that's what it used to be. Shooter has developed a more complete game, and can now create offense by being a triple threat (shoot, pass, or deke) with the puck, which has led to his most successful playoff round ever, scoring 7 goals and 12 points in 7 playoff games. This is an example of adaptability, a trait that is important for athletes to be successful in the best leagues, especially if they want a longer career where they will have to change their mentality after skills regress. With that said, Shooter plays a finesse skill game, which requires fine details in everything he does. If you aren't going to be physical, you have to be an elite offensive threat, and that includes having a great skating stride, a wicked, stealthy shot, and a hard backcheck to help the team out. The league is too good to be one-dimensional or bad on one side of the ice. The most complete players succeed, and that's what Shooter has become.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Oddly enough, the Dragons always seem to have the Blizzard's numbers in the playoffs...except for this season. I think it starts with the coaching decisions, as the strategies tend to just outmatch Edmonton's, possibly by utilizing our skillset better than they do. Another reason is just luck. I know it sounds weird to pin consistent success on luck, but the puck really does seem magnetized and the ice tilted when one team keeps winning, and the weird bounces tend to favour the winning team (how often does the losing team get lucky bounces?), this year it was Edmonton with the lucky bounces. Finally, Mike Izzy is a big factor. The man is a truck who hits you everywhere; goals, assists, hits, and loads of ice time, and I think he intimidates the Blizzard...even this year he had 29 hits in the 7 game series, and that leaves a mark throughout a series...Izzy definitely gets up for the games against our rival.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

Easily Teddy Cuddles, every time I hear it, I think of cuddling a soft teddy bear, like the one from Snuggle commercials, and that's a wholesome feeling I love to have. It's also a bit frustrating when you play against him because you want to go soft on a guy named Cuddles...it's hard to tell your kids that you beat up a cuddly teddy..

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

I am a sucker for a good hotdog made with banana peppers, breaded Jalapenos, mustard, ketchup, onion, and a nice toasted bun. Salami is good, but I rarely eat that by itself, as it usually needs to be in a sandwich, and often times it will be with other meats, so hotdog wins this round.

Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

It's a tough one to pick since the Blizzard ran over the Wolf Pack in a 4 game sweep, which requires contributions from an entire team to do so, but I give the nod to Hercules Rockefeller. He finished with 4 goals, 4 assists, and 8 points, as well as a bone crushing 10 hits. He is also the top line centerman, which holds the responsibility of driving the play and handling the pressure of the playoffs. He scored at least one point in every game, hit in every game, and finished the series as a +4 rating. The consistent effort, the great numbers and complete play are good enough to win it, but he also scored a big goal in game 4, which I thing turned the game around. The Blizzard were down 2-0 in the first period after getting scored on whilst shorthanded, and Hercules scored 90 seconds later on the Blizzard's powerplay. This goal late in the first helped the Blizzard get going, as they tied it going into the intermission and outshot New England 31-21 from that point on.

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?

- Sent

1. Written, 3 TPE

If Dom got invited to attend one of the homestands of the Challenge Cup finals, he would definitely be choosing games one and two in Boston. He grew up loving the Wolfpack because one of his moms was from the area and played hockey too, and Mia Landvik, New England Wolfpack legend, was his hero and is still his favorite hockey player if you ask him. Going to Boston would also mean he would get to see his friends play in their own barn, guys like Perry Morgan and Maximillian Egger from the Halifax Raiders and Guy Zheng from Team Great Britian. So, hopefully, cheering on a different SHL team wouldn't feel so weird, since he'd be doing it in his childhood team's arena and would be there for his friends, not to mention, he could probably get Leo Lockhart to be there with him since he's from the area, too.

WC: 151

2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

[INT. ICE RINK]
The ice looks slick and ready for action, the action of a hockey player's skates, that is. Dramatic instrumental sports music starts and we get a close-up of skates on the ice and then a hockey puck getting shot into the net v aggressively. A flash of green goes across the screen and we see Perry Morgan ( @Flareon ) and Guy Zheng ( @goldenglutes ) in full gear, sweaty as ever, making impressive turns and shooting more pucks into the net.

NARRATOR
They said they were too young and pathetic.

ZHENG
(looks at camera)
Huh?

NARRATOR
They said it was surprising yet refreshing that the Wolfpack were back in the finals.

MORGAN
(looks at camera)
Surprising? The heck you say?

NARRATOR
Witness the most dynamic and attractive defense pairing of draft class 46 take to the ice in the Challenge Cup finals. Watch it live on NBC. Games one and two in Boston. Are *you* ready to *awoo*?

(Wolves howl in the background)

WC: 163

3. Written, 3 TPE

Dom's playing style should not be emulated in any way. Have you seen his stats? He was very bad last season, like so bad, and if anyone is taking notice of him, it is because his Instagram game is strong, so much appreciated. If young players want to take notice of his game, then the future of the SHL is severely doomed. I suppose that the traits he possesses are never giving up and he's a good presence in the locker room, but that has nothing to do with his on-ice abilities. Dom is a strong skater and pass-first kind of guy, hoping to be a better two-way defenseman in the future and to eventually be more of a physical threat as well. Young players should focus on being better skaters, especially defensemen since that's needed in the league, but they should just focus on being better than him, just not on Instagram, that won't be possible.

WC: 157

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
If I had to guess, Terrance Nova is going to have the biggest impact on this series. He has eleven points so far in the playoffs and had a good season on the Blizzard. The last series against the Specters, Nova really started to come alive, so it seems like he hasn't lost any energy and is ready for the finals.
WC: 60

Rafe Ulrich - F - He's been a reliable goal scorer every season for New England since season 46 and for some reason, fans can't shake the feeling that he's the spirit of Raven Silverwing, another Wolfpack fan fave.
Teddy Cuddles - F - Cuddles is a great defensive offenseman with 149 hits in the regular season and it doesn't diminish his scoring power - putting up 45 points this season.
Tony Pepperoni - F - He's had a fantastic season as the leading goal-scorer on the team and proved his worth on the first line. Also I want a pizza.
Perry Morgan - D - This is my fantasy team, all right? And Morgan gets on it no matter what. The kid has heart and also was way better than Dom this season, so kudos.
Guy Zheng - D - Basically the same. +21 boi with Morgan, dyanmic defensemen duo that you can't split up, don't @ me.
WC: 147

Terrance Nova is probably my favorite player name of the two teams involved in the Challenge Cup finals, though Dick Clapper makes me laugh every time mainly because I think of the appropriate personality behind it. I like supernovas and Terrance Nova seems like a unique hockey name to me. Probably would be a cool jersey to have with Nova on the back.
WC: 63

I am more of a sausage person over a hotdog, so I'd have to go with salami but not too much. I can only stomach so much salami before it is indeed too salty of a meat for my taste. But slap that boy on a plate, put some fresh mozz cheese on top of it, squirt some mustard boi, and then roll it up to make a nice lil snack.
WC: 71

12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PT sent to PT Director

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 11:23 PM by Rublic.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

I would use my VIP status to go to Boston. Mainly because I haven’t been to Boston and Edmonton is only a three hour drive. I would hit up all the top end cocktail bars in the city to try and develop some inspiration for new and exciting things I can do with my cocktail program at Pr%f Cocktail Lounge located in both Calgary and Halifax. I would take a limo everywhere and ensure it is stocked with all of the finest whisky’s I can think of. I will also look into any Beer, wine or spirits conventions going on in the city and hit them all up! I would also use eggy’s money to fly in all of my team mates from Halifax for game one and all of my team mates from Calgary for game two. The day in between will be meant for mingling and partying with both teams!

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

The Edmonton Blizzard have managed to stay above ice this playoffs and have managed to knock off some truly dominant teams on route to the SHL finals. They will square off against the New England Wolf pack who have done a fantastic job of working as a pack to ensure a birth in the SHL Finals. Will the Edmonton Blizzard be able to cool off the wolf pack and force them into hibernation or will the Wolfpack outnumber the Blizzard and make their way in for the kill. All of your questions will be answered in these action packed body to the boards 7 game series in which both teams are prepared to give it their all with the Challenge Cup almost in their grasps. Who do you think will be the one shaking the commissioners hand just before lifting the cup? Only one way to find out… THE SHL CHAMPIONS CUP FINALS

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Atlas Rush is your prototypical Power Forward who built his game around retention of the puck. Atlas Rush is a big believer that possession wins games so he has been training hard to ensure it is very difficult to knock him off the puck. He has a physical tenacity to his game which has led him to lead the SMJHL in hits the last two seasons with 141 and 161 hits respectively in 50 games. While Atlas Rush has not always been known for his defensive prowess it is definitely an area he has been working on. Enough so that it helped him win the Brandon Holmes award last season for best defensive forward. The Mixture of his ability to knock the puck off other and his ability to retain the puck ensures the opposition rarely has the puck when Atlas Rush is on the ice. While his play style does not always lead to stats it is very appreciated by his team mates as he is often able to get them the puck.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

Tommy Tuck definitely gets the vote four MVP from me posting an incredible 16-6-1 in 23 games played. The Blizzard were not given the best of luck having the square off with the always Dominant Dragons who usually have their number in the playoffs. The Blizzard managed to knock off the Dragons in 7 games which lead to a fantastic run all the way to the finals where they prepared to face a difficult wolf pack opponent. The Blizzard proved they were a step above the Wolfpack by taking down their championship run in a sweeping fashion beating them in four games.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

This season it would have to be the Anaheim Outlaws. The Halifax Raiders played against the Anaheim Outlaws 6 times last season and finished with a record of 4-1-1. Coming off the Four star cup last year Anaheim faced a difficult cup hangover season and did not fair as well as they would have hoped against a team who quickly jumped up in the ranks this season in the Raiders. The biggest reason I believe the Raiders had the edge over the Outlaws was they were the team we had the most hits against. We finished the season with 116 hits against the outlaws which is another great example of how possession can win you games in hockey.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Sent

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

Kristaps Ball expects nothing less than getting VIP status, so he is satisfied with this. He plans to go to Boston for games 1 and 2, as he used to play there and has people he wants to meet up with, such as friends still there or enemies he needs to... handle. Kristaps plans to leave with Eggy bankrupt, as Kristaps loves to watch people die on the inside due to money loss. He plans to go to every bar in the city and buy everyone 5 rounds of the most expensive drinks there. He also plans to reimburse every ticket for the first two games, as he feels bad they have to watch the shit that is Wolfpack hockey, and this also does double the damage to Eggy. Finally, as he leaves Boston to head back to Tampa, Kristaps will need to buy some highly expensive illegal things to deal with his enemies that were previously mentioned. I am not allowed to go into further detail about what happened, according to the Boston Police Department.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

1. (3)

Alexis Metzler isn't a huge fan of the Boston area; too much rivalry with New England from his early seasons on the Buffalo Stampede. Instead, he'll choose to take the offer of corporate box seats in Edmonton. The hotel, naturally, will be the best one in town, but probably not the best rooms in town- they'll have been bought for the New England players. Metzler will happily take whatever he can get there.

The real question, of course, is what Metzler is going to do while he's in Edmonton. Just boozing it up isn't wise in this day and age anymore, even in a private room with only other SHL players- there's always one idiot who pulls their phone out. The wings are better in Buffalo, and the river is bigger in Buffalo, too. So aside from an obnoxiously large order of burgers from the greasiest place he hears about, Alexis Metzler will probably spend time searching around for good places to buy for a future Metzwaffle. The chain is still mostly only in the northern USA between North Dakota and New York City, but he'll be opening at least one location in every SHL and SMJHL team's city after he retires.

3. (3)

Most superstar defencemen in the SHL these days are heavy hitting monsters who take shots from the blue line, power play or no power play. Metzler can hit, but he's never been all that tall. Instead, Alexis Metzler merely quarterbacks his power play unit. Alexis Metzler has only recently started to evolve his playing style, despite it being more or less the same throughout his entire career- his age is slowing him down. He was always about pressure; using his speed to remove options from careless wingers to create turnovers, and then turn those opportunities into breakaways for team mates at the other end of the ice. Alexis Metzler doesn't have that speed anymore, and can't catch the best wingers, so now he has to play more like Ryan Suter; being in exactly the right spot on the ice to break up a play before it happens. Fortunately, his silky smooth passing hasn't left him yet, or we'd need to think about retirement.

4. (2)

Alexis Metzler has, in his own opinion, always had Hamilton by the balls. They'll disagree, of course- they've always had their own outstanding defensive talent. But Metzler is not usually directly dealing with that defensive talent himself; he gets to deal with their wingers and centers. With a few notable exceptions, Alexis Metzler has almost always been able to blank Hamilton's forwards when he's on the ice. Unfortunately, Buffalo and Hamilton have almost never faced off in any playoff series while Metzler has been on the team (which accounts for every single playoff series Buffalo has ever played), so he's never been able to take advantage of this anywhere that matters.

9. (5)

A]
Terrance Nova by far is the biggest acquisition either team has made for these playoffs. Arguably, he's just about the biggest acquisition any team could make at all. He's on track to potentially become the highest scoring player of all time in SHL history, and he's very unlucky to have not been in many Challenge Cup finals with Minnesota before now.

B]
F- Manuel Gotze
F- Rafe Ulrich
F- Teddy Cuddles
D- Tor Tuck
D- Tigole Bitties

The defencemen are the easy choices here. Tigole Bitties and Tor Tuck are by far the best defencemen on each team. For forwards, it gets trickier. I went with 3 players who all put up a lot of hits, and all shoot first- not necessarily the players with the highest scoring regular seasons. These criteria led me to Teddy Cuddles, Rafe Ulrich and most controversially, Manuel Gotze.

C]
I like Johannes Leitner for the Wolfpack a lot more than I like Tommy Tuck, and I can put this decision almost entirely down to the regular season results. Leitner was by far the best goalie in the league in S49, and will almost certainly win a trophy for his efforts, even if his team goes down to Edmonton. Tuck, on the other hand, had one of his worst seasons on record.

D]
My favourite player name for those players in the Challenge Cup Final is Terrance Nova. This isn't well known outside of the Detroit locker room from a certain season or so, but we just so happened to find a real world pornographic film star called "Terry Nova" and ribbed sarmo about it. I'm sure she watched the victory fondly.

E]
Picking between salami and hot dogs is dependant on the hot dog. If it's just a plain dog, I'll take the salami- I snack on it regularly enough down here. But if it's a really good hot dog- with onion, cheese, bacon, mustard, etc? I'll take the hotdog and not look back.

12. (3)

Sent.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 10:29 AM by Mayuu.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Hippo Passamuss has always been an odd player on the field, being one of the shortest but also the heaviest, that makes is play style a little unique. He's a pass first wrecking ball that can play both wing and center. His game is heavy and while it looks like he's standing still on the ice he can move the puck fairly well. Once he's taken control of the puck via checking people into the boards he's holding the puck and waiting for the right moment to make a slick pass. If the opportunity doesn't arise his puckhandling skills allows him to deke out defenders and goalies a like.

The most important aspect of Hippo Passamuss is not a skill, he's a selfless player that does everything it takes for his team. He's not in the game to make money or be written into books. He simply loves the game and the team he plays for.

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

[Image: unknown.png?width=488&height=676]

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE
Advertisers eyeing the SHL Finals coverage are always looking for that next young star. Create a graphic of either (a) a young player in the SHL finals (start date from S45-49) or (b) any player appearing in the SMJHL finals and their newest endorsement. Advertisement must have the players render and name, team logo, and the player promoting the endorsed product.

[Image: unknown.png]

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

[Image: unknown.png?width=1057&height=677]

Code:

Tommy Tuck deserves the MVP cause he didn't let New England Wolfpack win a single game in the finals, that's a feat he's done before so he's shown he can repeat the finals shut out. Having a goalie be in the "zone" during a finals is one of the most key things, shutting down the offense is not only demoralizing for the opponents but makes your own players play with less stress and don't have to doubt their decisions at all., Tommy Tuck will most likely be remembered by the New England Wolfpack as the one deciding factor in the finals

Code:

Sent!

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 09:53 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

Task 1

I went to game 3 in Edmonton as I do play for the wolfpack so i spend way too much time in Boston. Knowing the the SHL is covering my entire trip, i was in a good mood and felt like giving back to the less fortunate. Every restaurant I ate at, i had Eggy pay for everyone's meal in the entire restaurant. Since I was playing in the finals i couldn't watch the game, so I gave my tickets to the Slavic youth hockey team of the area. for those who don't know, Alberta and Saskatchewan have a very big European presence. To finish off my trip, especially since we lost that game in Edmonton, I had Eggy buy all the vodka that was available from the liquor store and i just got drunk with anyone on the street i could find to try and sooth the pain of going down 0-3 in the series

Task 3

Well, I haven't been in the SHL very long so i haven't had much of a chance to form my game. Right now I am a skate first guy as when I get moving with my beast size body its going to be very hard to try and knock me off the puck. I would say I'm more of a pass first guy as the SHL if full of great goal scorers, but has no where near the same amount of play makers. If no one passes, how do you expect to move the puck up ice? Lastly, being a guy who doesn't see a lot of ice time, it's important to keep bench morale up. Coming up with catch phrases/hand shakes for each individual player is harder then it looks as these North Americans don't have the same sense of humour we Europeans have. Like once we got blown out by Edmonton in the playoffs and I said to our goaltender "you play like a goat" he took it as a compliment as apparently that means Greatest Of All Time, but it was meant to be an insult because real life goats are old and weak

Task 4

Funny enough the team I do best against was the Edmonton Blizzard, yet we lost to them in the finals. They were the only team I was able to get points against all season. So you can see why I was excited to play them in the finals as I thought this was finally my chance to shine for the wolfpack, until management straight up said they're cutting my ice time. Maybe that's why we lost <_< , Nah I'm just kidding, I knew I was the new guy on the roster and wasn't expecting much from myself, hopefully this upcoming season I can get my revenge on the Blizzard.

Task 9

A. I feel Ensio Kalju will have the greatest impact for the wolfpack, he is the defender who has saved our first line defense. While we did have to give up quite a lot to get him, his 200ft game has been great and I think Ace and him make a solid first line pairing

B. For my forwards I'd go with Anders Christiansen, Rafe Ulrich and Noah Konn. For my defense I'd go with Ensio Kalju and Tigole Bitties. I am loyal to my team even if it means passing up on better players, I have not seen a better group of guys in the SHL and I will stick by them even if they took an L

C. Johannes Leitner is the goalie who has a great advantage, beating every goalie in the regular season he is coming in hot and will melt the blizzard. Having McBride numbers that haven't been seen in ages, Edmonton is going to have to think of something clever to get by this goaltender

D. Dick Clapper has to be my favorite name. I wonder if he comes from a family famous in the porn industry. With a name like that it is fair to assume his dick has clapped many cheeks (possible both male and female). Here is hoping he can clap his way to victory in the finals

E. salami is godly, like it can go on any sandwich and now you have a heavenly sandwich. Hot dogs are made with leftover meat/random body parts of god knows what animal. I'm sorry wolfpack, but i have to stick with good old salami as it is just better in general

Tasl 12

PMed

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 03:36 PM by Chris-McZehrl.)

S49 CW

Task 5 (for 3 TPE):
[Image: S49_CW_5.jpg]

Task 6 (for 3 TPE):
[Image: S49_CW_6.jpg]

Task 9 (3 answered questions for 3 TPE/min 50 words per answer)

I would choose at first Tor Tuck for my Defense and Tigole Bitties on the other side. Both should be pure domination but I could also take Brady McIntyre and Ensio Kalju. In the Offense I must take Hercules Rockefeller after his performance. With him I would want Manuel Götze and Gordie Boomhoover.

My favorite player name is Gordie Boomhoover from the New England Wolfpack and Tony Pepperoni of the Edmonton Blizzard. Gordie because I really like this prename and Boomhoover its so POW and WOW. I really like those names. For Tony its of course this wonderful last name. I like Pepperoni and also Salami. So its easy to choose from the Blizzard.

I would go with both as a Salami Hotdog. My daughter loves Hotdogs and I love salamis. So it would be the best mix here in my eyes in my opinion. I also love both members so I can't give here someone the advantage. But I really love it to see those two membernames as Co-GMs.

Task 10 (for 2 TPE/min 100 words):
On this way at first congrats to the Edmonton Blizzard to their next Cup win of the Histroy in the SHL. I will go here with Hercules Rockefeller. He had in each game min one point and that is impressive. But that is not all. He brought in this 4 games follow stats up. Incredible 4 Goals and 4 Assists in only 4 Games. That means one goal per game and one assist per game. That is very impressive and its for me the one hundred percent reason that he is my Challenge Cup Final Series MVP. I also have the opinion that Hercules Rockefeller should win the Razov trophy after 12 Goals and 13 Assists ... 25 Points in 23 Games.

Task 11 (for 3 TPE):
[Image: S49_CW_11.jpg]

Task 12 (for 2 TPE):
PM sent @PT Director

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
I would, of course, choose to go to a game in Boston, simply because I think that it is a more interesting city that Edmonton in basically every aspect. I would choose to go to game 1, because I think the excitement of the crowd will be higher as it will be the start of the final. I would stay at an expensive hotel downtown and have an assigned driver to bring me where I want to go all day if needed after I came from the airport with a first-class ticket. I would start my day by going around to some locations along the freedom trail to see the history of the city. I would take a guided tour of Harvard University and then a visit of Fenway Park with a personal guide. Most of the money would probably end up being spent on meals throughout the days in Boston’s best restaurants. Of course, I would end my day by watching the game in one of the arena luxurious suite.
171 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
If I needed to describe my style of play in the simplest term, I would say that I am a two-way center. I would say that I tried to be very good at every aspect of the game instead of trying to best an expert at only one aspect. To accomplish this, I focus mostly on passing, skating and my defensive game. The most important skills that I have developed are my positioning and my sense of anticipation. Those two things will serve you well wherever you are on the ice. Passing and skating also have the same importance in the defensive zone as they have in the offensive zone and help you developed into an effective player. Offensive number will come by themselves if your improve all these aspects of your game. There is also a good change that you will end up with more ice time, because you can play on both special units.
156 words

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

Code:
I think the New England from the simple fact that they have a more important role in their time. Christiansen and Kohn play on the first line while Kalju is on the first pairing. In Edmonton, only Nova is on either of those two. I expect the Wolfpack guys to have more impact, because they will have more ice time.
60 words

Code:
F: Manuel Gotze
F: Anders Christiansen
F: Teddy Cuddles
D: Tigole Bitties
D: Tor Tuck
G: Tommy Tuck
The three forwards all have a great two-way game and having a passing first center with two scorers will maximize the offensive output, in my opinion. Bitties and Tuck, on defense, both have been part of the tops SHL defenseman in the last few years. Tommy Tuck has been one of the most consistent goalies in the last few seasons.
60 words

Code:
Since I think the Wolfpack and the Blizzard have groups of defenseman with a similar talent level, both goalies will have the opportunity to make a major difference in this series. While Leitner had the better regular season, I think Tuck will come out on top, because of his experience and how consistent his high level of play has been throughout the years.
63 words

Code:
D. What's your favorite player name on either team? why?
My favorite name from either team is Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz, because it makes watching the game hilarious. Listening to play-by-play guy and the analyst trying to pronounce his name always make me laugh and I also like how some of them simply try to avoid pronouncing his name when he touches the puck and just stop stalking for a few seconds.
60 words

Code:
I would probably rather eat salami, because I think a hotdog by itself doesn’t offer a lot of favours. Salami has a small spicy side to eat that I really like. I also like how you can slice Salami and it makes it easier to eat than just holding a small hotdog in your hand.
55 words

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (150+ words)
With the final ending in a sweep, choosing the MVP from the Edmonton Blizzard roster is a no-brainer. In the end for me, it came down to either Hercules Rockefeller, Brady McIntyre and Tor Tuck, because they were the most impactful players for the Blizzard. My pick is Hercules Rockefeller. He was the Blizzard point leader while playing 3 minutes per game less than Teddy Cuddles who was the second top scorer. Rockefeller also had 2 game-winning goals and 1 game-tying goal. He was also tied for second for penalty kill ice time with 52 minutes, which shows that his role defensively was also crucial to the Blizzard success in those playoffs. With 12 goals, he was the top goal scorer on the team. In the final, he was also able to shut down the Wolfpack top offensive line. To conclude, I choose Hercules Rockefeller because of his offensive contribution stats-wise and is good defensive game.
156 words

Code:
11. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR")
Send via PM.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 02:06 AM by jason97.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

Wow, I finally get invited to go to one of these games. Usually I never get selected for these things and to be selected to go to the Challenger Cup finals is a great honor. If you think I'm going to Edmonton, you have completely lost your mind. The fans are great of course and the atmosphere is going to be electric for those games. But I wouldn't miss a chance to go see game 1 and game 2 in good old Boston, Massachusetts. To get to watch a game in a city like Boston is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I wouldn't want to miss. I am picking there because it's a city that I have always wanted to go see a game. The atmosphere and history is too much to miss. I don't think Eggy would ever invite me back to with the amount I would spend. We will be going to the best hotel in the city, the best restaurant in the city and the best strip club in the city and I'm spending the entire budget.

Code:
182 words

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

I am incredibly honored to be a role model to kids. That's one thing I've always wanted to be when I became an professional hockey player. I want kids to follow in my footsteps. I want them to know that anybody can play hockey, even someone like me who grew up in the farms in Italy. I would describe my play style as an offensive forward. I believe I have the tools that it takes to be the best sniper in the league. I just love to score goals and create scoring chances. It's the reason I wake up in the morning and love going to work every day. Over my SMJHL career, I have really worked on my passing and my defensive play. I work hard every day to improve my skills. I do power skating and puck handling drills for hours every day. I want the kids to see my work ethic and my determination. I want to be the best and the only way to get to the top is the practice and master your craft every single day. No days off. I think my unselfishness is one of the traits I want to resonate with the kids the most. If you don't learn how to pass and play with others, you aren't going to make it far.

Code:
221 words

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

I think the team that I seem to play extra well against is the Detroit Falcons. The games seem to always be high scoring and that is perfect for me. Being an offensive player, I love to jump in on the action and provide goals and assists. I also think that because they finished in first place, we always played with a little extra something in our step because we want to prove that we can compete with the best team in the league. We won 3 of the 5 games against them this season. And I always want to show up and put in a good shift for my team. Even though they are a tough opposition, I think that my line love the competition and we love to compete with the best.

Code:
134 words

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

Code:
A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ
Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?

I think that Jordan Von Matt will have the biggest impact on the series. He solidifies the defensive core for Edmonton so perfectly that it's almost a match made in heaven. In the 23 playoff games, JVM had 17 points. He was vital on the second defensive pairing for the Blizzard. After McIntyre and Tuck, the defensive unit didn't look all that special. But with JVM in the picture, he immediately steps into to top four and has played a huge role.

Code:
82 words

Code:

F- Hercules Rockefeller
F- Teddy Cuddles
F- Gordie Boomhover
D- Brady McIntyre
D- Tor Tuck

For me, the best two defense men in the finals both play for the Edmonton Blizzard. They get the most points and the most blocked shots, it's just an easy answer for fantasy purposes. Rockefeller is the first forward on my list because he is a sniper and will get the most goals in the playoffs. Teddy Cuddles is the second forward on the team because he is the man who will be assisting Rockefeller on those goals and he has a knack for putting them in too. Finally, the only Wolfpack player on my list is Gordie Boomhover. He has been an absolute star in the playoffs so far and I want to keep the hot hand rolling.

Code:
119 words

Code:

For me, I believe that Tommy Tuck is the better goalie in the series. But this is a close one to call. Leitner was absolutely incredible in the regular season posting a 31-11-2 and dominating in almost all statistical categories. He led in save percentage, goals against average and tied for the most wins. Having said that, I'm going to take Tommy Tuck because of his experience and because he's on the better team. Even thought he didn't have the best regular season, he can step up and go on a run for Edmonton.

Code:
94 words

Code:

Being from an Italian background, this is a pretty easy answer for me. It has to be Tony Pepperoni from the Edmonton Blizzard. I mean wow. One of my favorite things to eat in the world is pizza with pepperoni on it. I mean sometimes I'll even buy just the pepperoni at the supermarket and make sandwiches with it. I always like to make players with an Italian name and background for my players so I feel like Tony is part of me. An incredible name honestly.

Code:
87 words

Code:

Once again, I think these questions are getting way to easy for me to answer. I'm obviously sticking with Tommy Salami and now I want to eat a panini right now with a bunch of salami in it. Don't get me wrong. I love a good hotdog. I would definitely eat a ton of them if I had the option. But I can't go back on my roots and something that I ate so much as a young kid. Salami is basically a part of me life.

Code:
87 words

Code:

I was reading this question and I literally laughed at loud because this is exactly what I did. And let me tell you right now. It's a lot harder to answer the Championship Week questions after the finals are over because you already know how everyone does. For me, the MVP is Tommy Tuck. In 23 games, he posted a 16-6-1 record in the postseason with a 0.908% save percentage and a 2.94 GAA. He even chipped in with an assist and one shutout. Even though his team was stacked, I think that after the terrible regular season, he deserves the award for bouncing back in the post season.

Code:
109 words

Code:

PM sent.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 07:44 PM by Nerio.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Normally I'd want to wait and see which game is likely the last game and go to that, but out of the first 4 games I'd have to pick game 1. The energy of the crowd and the players will be unmatched until possibly game 4, but who wants to go to Edmonton when you can go to Boston? Boston nightlife is crazy and the stadium has better locker rooms, I have to imagine that transfers over to the seats. Also everything costs a ton in Boston so it's my way of giving back to the league. I'm paying one of the beer guys at the game to just stay in our section the whole time so I never have to go a single faceoff without one, and then I'm making Eggy take me out to a nice classy dinner to celebrate me and my VIP status of course. The next day, I'm going to make Eggy take me to the Sam Adam's brewery for a VIP tour, where I'll continue to drain those funds.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

It's still wild to think that anyone would look up to me in any capacity. First and foremost I would encourage any parents to keep their kids away from looking at my off ice antics. On the ice though, I think the thing that has stuck with me the most that helps define my playstyle is back when my pewee coach would scream at the top of his lungs from the bench "SHARP KEEP YOUR HEAD UP". At the time, it was just to prevent me from getting clobbered by other kids. Over time though, it has helped me develop my game in such a way that I'm generally able to see everything around me. It makes those moment to moment decisions a lot easier, makes you more comfortable, and yeah it also helps you avoid getting clobbered by 200+ lb guys on the ice. You definitely need to practice your basic skills - skating, shooting, passing, endurance, etc. But even the most mechanically talented players need to practice their mind to ultimate be able to control the game and make everyone play at their pace when they're carrying the puck.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. For me it's between Ensio Kalju and TJ Bayley, but I'm gonna have to go with TJ Bayley. As my former linemate, I saw what he was capable of over in Buffalo when we ended up winning our cup last season. He's an underrated force on the ice that can randomly pop up and own a game, start to finish.

B.
F Teddy Cuddles - 45 points and almost 150 hits last season. Big fantasy points here
F Rafe Ulrich - almost a PPG player that hits more than 3 times more than that. No brainer here
F Manuel Gotze - Basically a junior version of Ulrich, scores a lot and hits a lot.
D Tigole Bitties - A D man that scores a lot and hits a lot, while blocking a ton of shots too.
D Tor Tuck - Passing machine, hitting machine, solid shot blocks.
There is a theme here...

C. Leitner has had a breakout year no doubt, but I'm going to have to go with experience here and pick Tommy Tuck. Tuck's regular season may not have been exceptional, but he's showing that he can really turn it on when it matters in the playoffs. A hot playoff goalie, especially one with experience, is a dangerous thing to try to match up against.

D. 2 words - Dick Clapper. Ever since he clapped into the league on the Knights with me, he's been pumping pucks between goalies legs with that shaft of his, and we can't get enough of it. His jersey
started off as saying Clapper, which was intimidating enough, but these days he added the D in front of it for D. Clapper. Teams know not to mess with him.

E. Hotdog for sure. Hotdogs have extreme versatility. They can be the star of the show or the best supporting actor for the plethora of condiments you put on them. Salami feels like it's always playing 2nd fiddle, either to the cheese, the bread, or the other meat you've paired with it. I'd love a hotdog in my mouth right now actually.

Code:

No question in my mind - Tommy Tuck. They say defense wins championships, and the cornerstone of any good defense in this league is a good goalie. He stopped 109 of 116 shots in the 4 game sweep, including getting a shutout in a pivotal game 3. That was good enough for a 1.75 GAA and nearly a .94 save percentage. He kept Edmonton in game 1 long enough to generate enough offense to surpass the Wolfpack after getting peppered with shots in the first and second periods. In game 4 he shut the door in the third period, allowing his team to come back from a 1 goal deficit. Tuck was fairly hot all playoffs and really kicked it into gear to close them out in a big way with the sweep. You have to somewhat feel for New England, there's no more helpless feeling that walking into a hot goalie when you are that close to coming home with the ultimate victory. 

Code:

PM'd

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 06:08 PM by Boomcheck.)

1. Written, 3 TPE

I will be going to BOSTON! And not Edmonton. Sorry to all the Canadian bros but the USA picked up CC2 first, despite them not wanting to give him a better role. CC2 is not actually one for fancy expenses or anything crazy. Since everything is paid for he may run up the tab on other things. He would funnel the money into a secret bank account so he can fund and start his own Player's Association and pass a new rule that will allow him to be released from his current contract so he can make more money. It is important for the SHL to evolve and realize that change is ON THE HORIZON! The players should act and use this Eggy's wasted money that he is donating for his own benefit to get more star power into the building. Eggy thinks the league can buy CC2? Not today ...The only way CC2 goes to the CC Finals is if he's playing in it. Tch.

2. Written, 3 TPE

Cameron Carter the II, the on ice leader of the Chicago Syndicate, has been selected as the representative and sponsor for a pretentious brand of goat milk. The setting takes place primarily on a goat farm and a nice cozy barn. In addition to a mountainside view. The script is quite simple and straight forward. The camera captures a resilient goat scaling the mountain sides, gracefully moving on wards before cutting to CC2 skating across the surface of the ice as gracefully and as powerful as that goat. It then pans over to a goat leading a flock of sheep across the fields before showing footage of CC2 performing insane feats of skill when playing in juniors. The dramatic music begins to flare up as there's a barn filled with many goats resting peacefully. CC2 enters, approaches the table and chugs down a glass of goats milk before smiling at the camera.

"Now you, too, can be the goat."

3. Written, 3 TPE

People, not just players, have been inspired by Cameron Carter II as he dealt with countless hardships through out his life and career. Frustrating SMJHL coaches and GMs, the WJC league committee and WJC USA management. IIHF USA for not playing him in his best position. Manhattan. Tampa. Hamilton. Chicago. All war zones but CC2 wears his scars proudly. CC2's playing style is like the GOAT. He is graceful and is one of the fastest skaters in the league with a beautiful stride. He has extreme power and has a lethal shot many people are envious of. His hockey sense and IQ is off the chart, so much so that his teammates cannot keep up with him on the ice since they are not as intelligent. It is widely believed that if CC2 played with other like minded individuals he would have won a league MVP and a cup already. He is also known for his physicality and lack of fear since he is one of the few stars willing to drop gloves and fight. JODAN.

4. Written, 2 TPE

"The system let me down him season. It was a big day in free agency between three major teams chasing CC2's services for large sums of money. I took less money to play in Chicago thinking I would be the man. It didn't materialize. I didn't get the same opportunities and the team didn't extend me extra opportunity, opting for a balanced approach. CC2 used to be a threat against every team but it's not even opposing teams that are neutralizing him. It's Chicago! Unfortunate but they're decision to play Kevin Hamilton in roles that CC2 occupied the previous season is a big mistake on their part. Why would Carter want to stay otherwise?"

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

This is a pretty straight forward decision as there are only two top tier players here. Those being Anders Christansen and Terrance Nova who left teams they had been apart of for such a long time. Though I believe Nova is the better player given his career, Christiansen has been an absolute beast as of late and will likely be the impact player out of the six.
Christiansen - Terrance Nova - Rafe Ulrich - Perry Morgan - Brady McIntyre - Tommy Tuck
This isn't entirely the best team I would go with, but I decided to balance it out between the two teams for FUN. Anders and Nova are my two clear cut guys, despite being newer players to the team. Elite scorers that can provide that experience and skill. Tuck is a former MVP and one of the most prolific goalies in the past few seasons. He has time over Johannes and is my pick in net. Rafe Ulrich is from my S42 draft class and is extremely physical-- Making him a must have on a fantasy team. McIntyre and Morgan. Wanted to put Tor here but decided to shove in Morgan, despite him not being Ensio. I think they would mes together well.
'This season'. I don't make comparisons in the Challenge Cup based off a single season. Both goalies have been absolutely impressive getting their teams deep into the play offs but is this really the season of Johannes? Tommy Tuck has been, uhhh, a little inconsistent since his MVP caliber season? It does set the stage for Leitner to possibly win it himself. Tuck has more experience and should know how to deal with problems in the finals. It's close this season but the experience will put Tuck through.
Eko Van Otter out of New England! :cellyotter: It is a name that PERFECTLY describes him and where he came from, given that he is a literal rodent playing hockey. No, i'm not being mean or anything but LOOK AT HIM! THAT'S NOT HUMAN! This name is straight to the point and deserves to be on this two name list. The Blizzard have some solid choices as well but i'll go with Teddy Cuddles. You think he is just some soft friendly giant with that name but it is not the case! He is violent and vicious, more likely to crash you into the boards than to give you a hug.
I am personally more of a hotdog person, mainly because it reminds me of those tasty wiener dogs folks walk around. I mean, not like I eat them or anything. Just that they're SIMILAR IN APPEARANCE. I got food poisoning from Salami once-- A bad day and an even worse piece of salami. I'll have to pass on that. HOTDOGE!

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Task 1 - 3 TPE
Is this a real question? Have you been to Edmonton? Edmonton is one of the worst places to go to on our road trips, up there with Winnipeg and maybe Buffalo. If I’ve got an all expenses paid trip I’m not gonna freeze my balls off in that dumpy sprawl of a city. I’m gonna go party and rack up Eggy’s tab in Boston baby. I’ll take in game 1 and 2 from the skybox with some of the Panthers boys (Eggy’s paying, why wouldn’t I bring them). My buddies Kalju and Bathory showed me some sweet restaurants and bars in the city so you know I’ll be hitting those up and getting some surf and turf, with a nice expensive wine to pair with it. At this age I’m not too much of a club guy but I like a nice bar with some live music so that’s probably where you’ll find me after the games, and some golf during the days sounds nice too.

Task 3 - 3 TPE
I remember being a little kid back in Ireland playing kiddo hockey, watching the SHL, and trying to model my one game after my favorite players. Guys like Alonzo Garbanzo. Now when I go back home I get kids who come up and talk and say that they’re trying to model their playing style after ME. Definitely feels like you’re doing something good when that happens. They’ll say that they’re working hard on their skating because they see the way I can rush the puck. That they’re working on their vision so they can run a powerplay like I can,or practicing their defensive zone coverage, gap control and using their stick to lock lanes, because they say that I’m so good at it. Frankly, my defensive game is news to me, seems like my coach is always yelling about it, but I think I’ll take the kids’ word for it.

Task 9 - 5 TPE
Obviously I am writing this POST finals, but going in you would have had to take the Wolfpack Trio. The lowest wolfpack member has higher TPE than the best Edmonton member, so it’s a pretty easy decision to make. Wolfpack also have a better position spread with C, W, D vs W, W, D.

C – Teddy Cuddles – Excellent all round C. Christiansen is close but I think Cuddles has been better.
W – Tony Pepperoni – Lead the offensive charge for Edmonton all season long
W – Manuel Gotze – Another excellent all round player. Can score, and hits like a truck
D – Tor Tuck – Physical as they come – and can move the puck to boot.
D – Tigole Bitties – Makes the squad off his consistency over MacIntyre’s up and down play
G – Johannes Leitner – Tough not to take Tuck, but he hasn’t seemed to be himself the last few seasons

I’d have to go with Leitner. Tuck has had some excellent seasons in goal, but the last few haven’t been up to scratch. Leitner has bust out like crazy this season, and seems to have the better defensive team in front of him, so if I was placing bets I would probably go with Leitner.

New England has lots of interesting names, Tigole Bitties, Dick Clapper, Boris “the beast” Poroshenko, Premsysldadsn Brejndaskjnkjwcz, and more. Edmonton has Tony Pepperoni, and I do love myself some Pepperoni. However I think I have to go with Tigole Bitties. I mean, who doesn’t love some Bigole Ti- I mean Tigole Bitties.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m not a humongous salami kinda guy. It’s fine, but I’d prefer Pepperoni over it. Whereas hotdogs? I love hotdogs. I don’t give a shit what people say about what they’re made of or that they can give you cancer. Give me hotdogs all day. Especially a nice barbecued hotdog. Can’t be beat (except maybe by sausage).

Task 10 - 2 TPE
Since the finals were a bit of a blowout on Edmonton’s behalf, the only logical choice was to go with an MVP from the Blizzard. There were a number of candidates honestly, Brady MacIntyre, Tor Tuck, and Hercules Rockefeller were all excellent. But I think Tommy Tuck was exceptional throughout the whole series. 4-0 record, .949 sv%, 1 shutout, and even an assist. Tuck was exceptional while the players ahead of him were exceptional, and when the team in front of him lost a bit of energy or were under pressure, he stood up and made the difference. Well deserved MVP in my opinion.

Task 12 - 3 TPE
Sent

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Task 1.
Gotta go with Boston on this one. Surprise, surprise. Really though... regardless of where I am, whether it’s in my hometown in Western Mass or my apartment in Manhattan when I’m with the Rage, it’s just so much closer. Fuck the whole process that comes with getting on a plane and flying over to Edmonton. Why do that when I could just get the SHL to send over some sort of fancy Town Car or Limo to drive me over to Boston in less time? You said we’re trying to rack up a bill right? Sick, fill that bitch with champagne and fancy liquors for the ride over. Of course I’d have to bring Britt along with me… maybe some teammates too if they’d like to join. Luci better be allowed to come with as well. A playoff game of the greatest sport there is, in an awesome city, with some people who are mad important to me? Sounds like the perfect way to spend an evening. Besides, you know, playing in said game maybe.
175 words

Task 3.
I would say there are two words that really define my style of play when I’m out on the ice. First and foremost, the obvious answer here is Physical. Now I know I’m not the biggest guy out on the ice but it doesn’t stop me from going hard on the puck and getting into those areas where you really need to stand your ground. Believe me... it can be incredibly nerve wracking and there’s almost no way to shake that anxiety sometimes, but once you learn to be comfortable in those situations there’s only one other thing you need to do to emulate my style. Just be Competent. I knew right away when I came into this league and saw the amount of talent surrounding me that I would never compare to the big names. Some of these guys have some real inhuman shit going on… a shot like a cannon, eyes in the back of their head, cat like reflexes, any other sort of expression you can think of. I knew striving for that would be futile so I decided to try to just be decent at everything. That’s all it really takes to be honest. Do the job that not a lot of people really wanna do… and be okay at everything else. Support mode.
218 words

Task 4.
That is a little bit of a difficult question for me to answer. With the type of player I am it’s a bit hit or miss and also heavily depends on how the Rage, or at least my line, plays against a team. From skimming the s49 index it kinda looks like an even spread. Some games I did shit, others I did okay, and some I did good… but never great. Without going through and doing all the math for every team and whatnot, I’d have to say I did the best against Chicago this season. Through 4 games I had 3 points (1 G, 2 A), a plus/minus of 5, 20 hits, and a couple of shot blocks. To me that seems like a decently average stat line which is all I ever asked for.
137 words

Task 9.
A. I figured I’d look at how the three from the Blizzard did during the finals since well… Edmonton won and all. For this I went with defender Jordan Von Matt. JVM wasn’t exactly the best guy out there or anything but he definitely contributed during the finals. With a decent spread of a goal, 3 assists, a +/- of 3, 8 hits, and a few blocked shots in 4 games he was easily one of the more reliable skaters of the bunch.
82 words
B. Hercules Rockefeller - Rafe Ulrich - Teddy Cuddles
Brady McIntyer - Perry Morgan
Pretty easy to see why I would pick Rockefeller and Cuddles. They were absolutely dominant in these s49 playoffs. And of course I’m going to pick one of my favorite players from my draft class to play along side of them with Ulrich. Sure would be fun to see Rafe and Teddy set the pace with their physicality. Brady is also a no-brainer pick here. He can move the puck and shoot when he needs to. Morgan just adds the vision to make it all work together.
87 words
C. Well to be honest this one is a bit of a surprise. New England’s Johannes Leitner was an absolute superstar this regular season, posting top numbers across multiple categories. I really would have gave the edge to him if we didn’t already know the outcome of this one. Unfortunately for NEW, Tuck just had a better squad in front of him and they couldn’t rely on Leitner so heavily.
68 words
D. Going with Edmonton rookie Julio Tokolosh for some reason. I’m all for people having a fun or funny name but it’s just not my style so that knocks quite a few off the list. I’m more apt to go the route of something that sounds sorta real and is unique. Thats pretty much what I believe Julio has going on here. For whatever reason it’s one of those names I have to say in my head a few times every time I see it.
84 words
E. Damn that’s kinda difficult. Salami is so good. Hard salami, cheese, and crackers is pretty much the way to go when it comes to getting snacks for a party. Genoa in a steak bomb or a cold cut grinder is also great. Hotdogs? Those are one of those craving type foods. Like it’s either “I WANT A HOTDOG RIGHT GOD DAMN NOW” or “ehh, I’ll take literally anything else”. BUT Kayem hotdogs are the shit. The snap when you bite into them puts them above all the other dogs. Now I’m just hungry. If it’s a Kayem hotdog I’ll go with that.
102 words

Task 12.
Sent.