Create Account

S49 Championship Week

12. 3 TPE
PM'd

10. 2 TPE
Not often you will see a player on the losing team winning final's MVP and this series being so lopsided that will definately not be the case. Edmonton was so dominant as a team, it's not easy to find one guy who made the difference and deserving of the award. Tommy Tuck between the pipes did his job but wasn’t a difference maker. Edmonton didn’t score less than 4 goals in any of the 4 games, the MVP has to go to a forward. I'm giving it to Hercules Rockefeller with 6 pts in the series while being the team's first line center and shutting down Anders Christensen line.

9. 5 TPE

A.
I have to go with the New England players for this one. No disrespect to TJ Bayley or Jordan Von Matt but I don't see these two having a major role on a very deep Edmonton squad. Anders Christensen is likeky to be his team number one center so he's likeky to have a big impact on this séries. Kalju will be ask to shutdown one of the best forward squad in the league in a top 4 role. Konn should be in the top 6 and his team will need him to score some big goals.

B.
Anders Christensen, Hercules Rockefeller,Teddy Cuddles,Tor Tuck,Tigole Bitties
For my d-pairing, I went with 2 great veterans who are still in their prime. Tuck would be the defensive d-man allowing the best offensive d-man in the league right now in Tigole to do his thing. Christensen was rather an easy choice for the center spot, he does everything well especially defensively. Cuddles best years are behind him but his leadership is still valuable in my eyes. Rockefeller can play all 3 forwards position, his versatility would be useful.

C.
If you’re asking for this season, the answer is really easy : Johannes Leitner. Tuck had an awful regular season stats posting some of his worst save percentage since joining the league. He's also not getting any younger, tough to know if he will ever play like his s45 stats. Leitner is still pretty young and what he did on an okay New England squad is quite remarkable.

D.
There's no way anyone who was ask this question didn't pick Dick Clapper. I mean c'mon, both the first name and last name has it all. Clap bombs, fuck moms, wheel, snipe, and fucking celly boys fuck… Dick Clapper does it all. What a great hockey name, his parents definately knew their son would be one day a hockey player.

E.
Who the fuck eats a salami like that? On a pizza or a sub fine, but on it's own please stop. Give me the hotdog. And no, don't you dare ask me if a hotdog is a sandwich or not idgaf. Just give it to me, with some ketchup and mustard and you can call it whatever you want. Thanks a lot, I'm on a diet right now and now I can’t think of anything else

3. 3 TPE

I'm quite surprised young hockey players want to emulate my playing style when I don't even have 10 goals in 500 games played. I guess this new generation is not only interested in flashy players. I'd like to think I could be an inspiration for those who don't have the best natural talent but still made it in the SHL with hard work. Kids if you’re not the best passer or goal scorer, you need to find something else to distinguish yourselves. You see, I was bless to be one of the tallest guy in all the teams I were growing up. I focused on my defensive skills such as pokechecks and closing the cap. I also watch tons of vidéo on how to imorove my hitting. I've made it as a defensive d-man with no offensive skills, it's possible kids. Being a superstar won't be possible for a lot of you, just gotta work on your strenghts and good things will happen.

1. 3 TPE

You know you're in Edmonton when you have to go this low on the list of players to invite as a VIP. That’s right boring Edmonton, Alberta Canada, one of your special guess for game 3 is none other than depth defenseman Ti-Guy Emond. Even a no-name like me would'nt have come if it wasn’t for the 10k given by eggy. And all expenses are also covered… count me in you beautiful Edmonton. I didn’t care about the game enough so I sold those front row tickets to some idiot Blizzard fans and I repeat we're in Edmonton, as soon as my duties are done, I'm getting the hell out of there. So no thanks for the hotel. As the game is in the evening, I have to find something to do before. And we all know it's not the choices that are missing in such an amazing city… sigh. Luckily, there was some horse races that day. I somehow turned that 10k into 1M… nice

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 12:43 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)
We open up on what looks like WWE cage match. The fans are wearing Edmonton Blizzard and New England Wolfpack jerseys. We're at the top row and we start zooming in on the center of the ring where the announcer is.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen today we are here to decide the undisputed champion of the hockey world! To my left we have the Edmonton Blizzard, represented by the meanest, toughest, hardest hitting arctic fox you've ever seen, TOOOOORRR TUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Zoom in on Tuck where we see him wear an all light blue jump suit, there's snow falling behind him and the sound of the fans is drowned out by the sound of a Blizzard.

Announcer: And to my right we have the New England Wolfpack represented by the famous, fabulous, fighting Finn, ENSIOOOOOOOOOOOO KAAAALJUUUUUUUU!

Zoom in on Kalju and we wolves in cages behind him growling with him practically foaming at the mouth like an alpha protecting his pack.

Announcer: Let's have a good match, fight!

Immediately Tuck and Kalju jump up from the stools and pull their arms back to throw punches. Freeze right before both connect.

Narrator: The Challenge Cup, come for the fight, stay for the trophy.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)
I'd say that Brady McIntyre has a couple of really defining traits to his game. To start out he came into the league as a pure passer, he was there to rack up assist, but now his team needs a shooter so he's become a shooter. What that means is that now he looks to shoot first every time, but he never forces a shot and if he's going to hit a player if he shoots he's still a very good passer and can get the puck to any teammate if they can get open. Essentially he's smart with the puck.

Brady is also really good at blocking shots. He'll get in front of the hardest shooter out there and not think twice. Shot blocks create odd man rushes,

Finally he's a fast skater. If you can skate fast you'll find a place on a team in any league. So if he's caught out of position he can skate himself out of trouble, if a player is on him he can create separation to make a good pass.

Smart with the puck, great shot blocking, fast feet.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)
I seem to play a lot better against two specific players: DeMaricus Smyth and Aleister Cain. I think this is because we used to play on the same team together and so now I know pretty much everything that they're going to do before they do it. The familiarity really helps me stay one step ahead of them. This is really great because they're on the New Orleans Specters who are one of the top teams in the SHL. It gives us an extra edge against a really difficult to beat opponent. I think that genuinely helped us get into the playoffs this season because we were so close to being out of the playoff picture this year.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?
A. I think the players that will have the biggest impact on this series are Jordan Von Matt and Ensio Kalju. I think both of these teams needed some help on defense to put them over the edge into contenders. Yes the other players are really good but I see a lot of good forwards already on these rosters but not a very deep defense.
B. You can tell from these choices that New England has the better top end talent. Brady McIntyre and Tigole Bitties are probably the two best defensemen in the entire league, but Manuel Gotze and Anders Christiansen are far and away the two best forwards in this series. Tony Pepperoni leads the Blizzard in this one as the top line center.
  • F - Manuel Gotze
  • F - Anders Christiansen
  • F - Tony Pepperoni
  • D - Tigole Bitties
  • D - Brady McIntyre
C. No question Tommy Tuck is the better goaltender in this series. Tuck has more experience, he's more talented, and he has the better defense in front of him so he'll be facing easier shots. He has a Ron Mexico award, a Mike Honcho award, and a John McBride Award, plus two league championships (1 Challenge Cup and 1 Four Star Cup).
D. Dick Clapper. The area 51 raid is happening soon and the slogan of it is "clap alien ass cheeks" so that makes me laugh cause it's kind of similar. I don't even really understand how clapping dick would work. Is that like spankin it or is it like clapping with a dick in between the hands?
E. Right now I would rather eat salami. Hot dogs generally aren't very good, some definitely are but the percentage that are worth eating in my opinion isn't really high. On the other hand pretty much all salami is awesome and therefore worth putting in your mouth. Based on that I gotta skip on the frankfurter and go with the seasoned meat. Salami for lyfe.

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
Message sent to PT Director.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on
the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Oh ya here we go back in action as the best comes to take a seat for the finals. You know monkey d. luffy is going to game 4 in edmonton. His royal luffy-ness is gonna watch as edmonton sweeps the final and takes the cup home in his home town barn. It's weird not being able to actually play in the finals but he'll watch it front row. He'll let his entourage party in the hotel as his family home is here and he'll stay there. But you know we are gonna run up huge bar tabs at the hottest night clubs and get full bottle service before and after the game. Luffy gonna be lit this weekend as the party don't stop. After that you know we're inviting all the superstar SHL players to the player haters ball. Everyone will be there to celebrate the end of the season and the beginning of golf season! Thanks eggy.

Code:
Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions
of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48! Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a
player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

Okay I guess we gotta come up with something. The whole buffalo stampede roster is gonna do a naked ad just like all the popular real life players are doing. It'll just be a photo shoot with all the buffa bros posing in the full nude with their rugged beards and having sick hockey poses and the like. It'll be an entire ad campaign and for the commercial we'll just have them doing everyday normal things but spin it off with some hockey talk. The whole crew will be walking around a set that looks like buffalo and they'll be walking the walk while talking the talk. We'll be promoting mens health in this ad and making sure that everyone gets regular check ups on things like mental health and their scary first prostate exam. It won't be like one of those in your face you know what this is about, but it will be like a weird cyatica commercial where it has you wondering what the fuck is going on until at the end it flashes MENS HEALTH, remember crying is okay and to check your prostate at age 40 (or whatever it is)

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to
model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

The best way to describe Monkey D. Luffy would be the he is an offensive mastermind that focuses his game on the well rounded aspect of being able to do everything on both ends of the rink. When he first entered the league it was clear he was offensive orientated, but quickly he learned how to no be a liability on the other end. He fights for every puck and makes sure he's the first one back (when he can) on the backcheck. He'll rarely be the guy that makes the mistake that causes a goal but when he does make mistakes his hustle to help to get the puck back is like no other. He's the third defensemen in his own zone and the offensive genius on the other side. If Kids want to model themselves after Luffy they have to learn the game inside and out and be able to predict where their teammates will be without looking. They also have to not sluff off the defensive side of their game and never quit.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Code:
Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and
Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best
goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

A. For me it would have to be former teammate TJ Bayley for the edmonton blizzard. He is a spectacular player and it was a huge hit to our locker room to miss out on a guy of his talents. On the other side I have to go with Christiansen. Wolfpack slotted him in on the top line instantly and has been a huge reason they are in the finals.

B. C-Anders Christiansen L-Tony Pepperoni R-Manuel Gotze D-Brady McIntyre D- Tor Tuck. Lots of these guys are first rounders and it doesn't get better than this. If we were to look at the fantasy points in depth and compared them with just this team (a lot of work i'm not going to do) It wouldn't surprise me to finish first in some of the groups. So these players are a solid fantasy group. 

C. This is a really tough point of contention but I'm going to give it to Tommy Tuck. Sure Leitner has the season but Tuck has the experience and that counts a lot in playoffs. The atmosphere on the ice is one hundred percent different in playoffs and you need to have a strong will to stop the puck, Tuck has done it before and Leitner has to prove himself.

D. Well this is the most obvious one, how can it not be Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz. Honestly I don't even know how or where to start on the pronunciation of this name. Even the commentators have given up and just call him Breezy. Now with a name like that you know you are a stud and even his nickname is cool. Hands down the best name in this series or maybe even in the entire league.

E. Well I can't really pick just one meat, what a hard decision. But since I guess i have to choose I figure a hotdog would be more appealing to eat especially if it is THE hotdog from legend. I'm thinking if I'm not eating hotdog himself a fat franks will do as a replacement as those are tasty as fuck.

Code:
Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

Woo congrats to edm on their fine win for the CC! It has to be the defensive duo of McIntyre and Tuck. The blizzard are a fantastic team full of veterans and these guys are at the helm of the ship steering the whole edmonton organization to victory. These two are no joke and I can't pick which one specifically for mvp so I think they both deserve it. The majority of edmonton will be hitting regression and these old balls players need to find a way to win while all their joints are clicking and clacking but I think these two players will get the job done for the next couple season, until they turn into dust.

Code:
Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard

Sent

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

#1 - 3 TPE
Nickolas Klaus was disappointed to be gone so early in this year's playoffs, but happy when Eggy sent him free tickets to two games of his choosing. Klaus chose to head down to Boston for the first two games of the series where he spent the majority of his time at a bar running up Eggy's tab with a lot of margaritas and highballs. Klaus tends to become an alcoholic when he gets sad, and after losing out so early in the playoffs he was more than just sad, he was crippled. Despite this, it was still a fun trip and Klaus enjoyed watching the Wolfpack get slaughtered game after game by their competition. It was especially nice to see the city of Boston get an ass whooping on home ice, a place they tend to see a lot of teams win. All in all, it was a fantastic trip for the young center.

#2 - 3 TPE
*The scene is set in the midst of the hockey hall of fame where Klaus stands beside the statue of hall of fame player Jasper Clayton.*

"Have you ever been to a hockey game and watched a player so fantastic on the ice that he changes your world?" Says Klaus. "I have, and I've played against them. But once they leave, there is one place where we can still live on through their legacy. The SHL Hall of Fame."

The camera pans away, showing off the soaring halls of the Walk of Fame, the ground littered with the stars of past greats, names emblazoned upon their golden crests.

"This is a citadel of history, a home for the past, and a goal for the future. Here, legends don't just remain, but they live and breathe in these walls. This is a truly magical place. Visit Toronto, and visit the Hall of Fame."

#9 - 5 TPE
1. Terrance Nova is going to be the biggest difference-maker on the ice for the Blizzard this season without question. Coming from Minnesota to join Edmonton, Nova is an elite calibre player with a knack for contributing on all ends of the ice and will be an invaluable piece to the Edmonton offence this playoff run. Look for him to make big moves out on the ice.
2. Ola Wagstrom (NEW), Anders Christiansen (NEW), Hercules Rockefeller (EDM), Tigole Bitties (NEW), Brady McIntyre (EMD) and Tommy Tuck (EDM), would be the players I choose to make up my championship all-star team. These guys are all some of the top players league-wide and make up a legendary cast of characters that could destroy any team.
3. Tommy Tuck is my personal favourite despite Leihtner's amazing performance in the net for New England. Tuck is one of the more consistent goalies of his time, helping Edmonton year after year on their quest to the top. He's been fighting for years to get here, and this is going to be his time to take it.
4. Tigole Bitties takes this one. For someone to come up with something so clever yet so frustrating, so good yet so bad, it takes real skill. Not to mention the fact that he's actually an incredible player on top of having an incredible name, this is just one of those names that really takes the cake in terms of the top names in the league this season. He'll be on that list every year.
5. I hate salami so I would have to go with a hotdog (sorry @"TommySalami"). Hotdogs are such a diverse food, you can pretty much put anything on them and make them still taste good. You can carry a hotdog anywhere without looking weird, but if you suddenly pull out a tube of salami everyone thinks you're insane. Hotdogs are just the safe option.

#10 - 2 TPE (I feel called out lmao)
This one has to go to Terrance Nova. After being picked up by the Blizzard before the playoffs around the trade deadline, Nova came in and made a big impact. He increased his level of play come playoff time and shattered the competition game after game, scoring a ton of goals as he went. He made one of the biggest moments of his career in this series as he scored the cup-winning goal with less than two minutes to go in the third period of the final game, placing him into the record books as one of few players to score a game winning goal in a challenge cup final. An incredible performance all around.

#12 - 3 TPE
Sent.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 07:38 PM by MCP_.)

Task 1

Honestly, I would rather go to Boston: lots of restaurants, lots of pubs, and overall just a bunch of fun shit to do. Firstly, I'm arriving in my own private jet, complete with everything I need: full bar and catering service, satellite TV, wifi, all that good stuff. Next, what I'm planning to do in the games: of course, I gotta buy a bunch of TD Garden Beers, and treat it like it's that 10 cent beer night. Next, i just clean out all the team stores; jerseys, caps, plushies: everything. Then I'm burning everything in the parking garage because I can, and everyone's gonna be doing it anyways after they lose. Afterwards, I'm going to buy a dozen donuts at every single Dunkin Donuts location in Boston, then eat them all (duh). Oh, and of course: I'll go to a pub, get a few pints of Captain Morgan, then hit the airport drunk waiting for my private jet.

Task 2

Hockey is the damndest thing, isn't it? It's just that sport that you might think about every once and a while. If you see it on a TV, you think to yourself "Oh, hockey is on, cool." You should be thinking to yourself "HOLY F-------- S--- THIS IS THE GREATEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!"

*show scenes of Tor Tuck hitting the shit out of some poor sap*

2 teams with some legendary teams in the day facing off in the greatest event in the world, and you're out and about going about the day, and you're ignoring this? What a joke. Nothing can ever beat finals hockey. Never. 

Your job? Get fired and watch hockey.

Your friends? Ditch them to watch hockey.

Visiting you grandma in the hospital? Visit her, god damn it. She saw you grow up, the most you can do is see her you son of a-

With that said... WATCH US! This has been a message from Tor Tuck (@ErM), signing out.

Task 9

A. I believe that honor will go to Terrance Nova. Nova has been a very consistent, very potent forward for a long time, so it's a no brainer he should be the best person to come for the Blizzard. While all the TDL acquisitions were kind of middle of the road for their teams, Nova did the best out of all the acquisitions.

B. Ulrich - Pepperoni - Cuddles - Bitties - Tuck

Pretty much just the top scorers on their teams, nothing too special. It would act as a great full out offensive line with some grit from Tuck to make it at least viable to keep on the ice if the other team brings on their grinders so that works out just fine

C. Tuck hands down, if nothing more because of experience. There's no doubt that both goaltenders are great, but Tuck has a bit of eliteness that Leitner doesn't quite have yet. Because of that fact, and the fact that Tuck isn't quite gassed yet, Tuck is a premier goalie, and takes the win in this battle.

D. My favorite name would probably be Rafe Ulrich. It's a very unique name that sounds real enough to be an actual hockey player, plus Rafe is a pretty rad first name, same with Ulrich as a last name. A lot of great sylables in there too, so there's that going for him too.

E. Why not both? Salami is pretty good lunch meat (I do believe roast beef is superior, but that's my opinion), and hot dogs are THE street food, especially if you top it with whatever you want, so why not enjoy both? Having both together would be very weird, but you do you i guess

Task 10

Firstly, congrats to the Blizzard! As for who gets my vote: it was very tough since they pretty much stomped all over the Wolfpack all series long. If I had to choose one, it would be Hercules Rockefeller. The dude was the leading points and goals scorer for the team throughout the playoffs, and unsurprisingly it showed in the finals. He put up an average of 2 points per game, which is crazy enough, but for the most part, he lead the offense to a great cup victory, and that's more than enough for me (pls don't smite me leafs)

Task 12

Message Sent

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 01:57 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

Kata Vilde's playing style is a bit different for a goalie. He is an old school feisty player in the mold of Ron Hextal or Patrick Roy. If you want to play goalie in the SHL you need to have a cockiness or arrogance about you. Vilde gets that from his father pro wrestler Randy savage. let's face it the league is completely geared to the offensive players. A few seasons ago they upped the shot slider to create more offense. Because of that scoring has been actually pretty ridiculous most seasons. So if you want to be good at the SHL level you have to be able to have a mean nasty streak. Vilde in the SMJHL had well known fights in the playoffs with fellow goaltender Walter Hobbs from Texas. He's not afraid to mix it up and get his team fired up with a bit of physicality in net and I believe that's the key to being a great SHL goalie. Essentially be a nasty mean arrogant physical son of a bitch so guys will think about that reputation as they're skating down the ice at you.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

Kata Vilde always seems to play well against the Edmonton Blizzard for some reason. The Dragons have knocked Edmonton from the playofffs the last few seasons and during the regular season Vilde was 6-0 against Edmonton. This season they did get Vilde in the playoffs eventually winning out the long series. Even in losing, Vilde shut out Edmonton twice in the series but it was just weird sim luck that he was completely inconsistent against a team he has quite frankly dominated in the past. It was Edmonton's season though as they used the grueling series against the Dragons to propel themselves to the championship. It remains to be seen if Vilde will continue to have their number or have they solved him in the seasons that follow.
Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

Well this is quite obviously Tommy Tuck, Edmonton goalie. Johannes Leitner, New England's goalie had one of the best seasons in SHL history and for that reason it was thought NE would be heavily favored. But Tuck has been a pretty damn good goalie in his own right over the past few seasons. I don't think anyone expected Tuck to sweep New England allowing only 7 total goals in the 4 game sweep including one shutout. There should be no question that he's the mvp of that series. He had the second best save percentage and goals against average in the entire playoffs behind only Benjamin Blue so when the chips were down this guy really carried his team in my humble opinion.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Sent

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Why would I want to go to either of these shitholes? Edmonton is honestly lucky my dad retired, because he spent most of his career ruining that franchise with playoff defeat after playoff defeat. I guess it could be worse, he beat Seattle so often they went into rebuild and finally moved into the Eastern Conference altogether. Then there’s Boston. Look, I’m a pretty big asshole, but Boston? Man, those people are the worst.

If you made me choose one, I’d probably go with Boston. With the conversion rates between countries, I want to put as big of a dent in Commissioner Eggy’s pocket as possible, so now cheapening the currency by going to Canada. I would then park my ass at a Boston bar before every game and drink as much booze as they could slide in front of me until the game started, where I’d then show up and try to get in a fight with Boston fans so that someone has to bail me out of the local joint on Eggy’s dime, also.

3. Written, 3 TPE

Emulate? Start by running SHL 94 on an emulator on your PC, because that’s as close as most of y’all will get to being a professional hockey player. How do you emulate Nikolai Evans? Do you have a mother who won a John McBride Trophy? Do you have a father who was a league MVP, a two-time Challenge Cup Champion, a first-ballot Hall of Famer? No? Sounds like you already lost, kiddos.

So let’s accept you’ll never be Nikolai Evans. Do you want to be an okay hockey player? No shifts off. Work hard every day. Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer from anyone. Most importantly, watch lots and lots of film on Anastasia O’Koivu and then do exactly the opposite of whatever she does. With that, you might become a professional hockey player. You won’t be The Russian Prince. But you might make a little money at this game.

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

Without a doubt, Terrance Nova will have the biggest impact on the Challenge Cup Finals. One of the most prolific players in the SHL today (and likely to become one of the leading scorers in league history), Nova is getting up in age but still has plenty of gas in the tank.

F – Rafe Ulrich (NEW)
F – Tony Pepperoni (EDM)
F – Teddy Cuddles (EDM)
D – Tor Tuck (EDM)
D – Tigole Bitties (D)

As we all know, hits are a crucial determining factor in SHL fantasy success. Four of the five players on this team tallied at least 100 hits in Season 49, with the only sub-100 hitter (Tony Pepperoni) racking up 55 points to make up for slightly less physical play. Ez.

I’ve learned to never bet against Tommy Tuck. Ever since he was an SMJHL rookie leading Norway to the Gold Medal Game in the IIHF Tournament, Tuck has always shined in big-time moments. It doesn’t get any bigger than the Challenge Cup Finals, so I expect Tuck to rise to the occasion once again.

This question was clearly asked to see how many people would say “Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz.” I’m not taking the bait, sir. I am a man of standards, and none of the names in this series match the high standard of Season 31 Draft Class legend Chadathy Brodganleschlong.

But to answer the question, it’s Hercules Rockefeller. Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!

I want no parts of salami, so I’ll take the hotdog. Preferably with relish, mustard and ketchup, because I am a heathen. And it needs to be a red hot dog, because I am a heathen from North Carolina. None of that brown shit. And a hot dog isn’t a sandwich. Don’t start that shit with me.

Hercules Rockefeller will likely nab the Anton Razov Trophy, as Most Valuable Player of the postseason after scoring 25 points in 23 games – including eight points over the course of the four-game Edmonton Blizzard sweep of the New England Wolfpack in the Challenge Cup Finals. With that said, the series MVP is probably Tommy Tuck.

Tuck was solid throughout the postseason, with a save percentage of .908. However, he was lights-out in the Finals, with a save percentage of .940. Twice, including the decisive Game Four, Tuck faced 35+ shots but made enough saves to secure his team the win. Tuck was also perfect in Game Three, a 7-0 drubbing of the Wolfpack.

Trivia Sent

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

1A. I would want to go see game 4 in Edmonton. The teams would be familiar with each other’s play at that point and be able to play their best game against each other. I have also never been to Edmonton so it would give me the chance to be able to explore and city that I’ve never been to. If I was able to also bring people with me, I would bring some of my Czech teammates with me to be able to cheer on our Czech teammate on Edmonton to see him win the cup. While in Edmonton I would try to look for a place to get a pin because I like to collect pins of places that I’ve been that having meaning for me. Also, with the Czech guys we would go to a pub before the game to get a little drunk and to catch up with each other since we hardly talk during the season.
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

3A. Vent’s game is very unique right now. Vent right now is still trying to find his game for the SHL. In the juniors his play was very physical but also scoring many points. However, coming into the SHL its not as easy to score points. That being said Vent has taking on the role of being the enforcer for his team. After his first season Vent had 4 different fights and even some fights in the playoffs. Vent knows his job is to fight top guys and to take them off the ice for his team to be able to score from it. If someone is going to play like Vent, they are going to have to play dirty. Fighting people and hitting others isn’t a glamorous life and won’t get you in the spotlight but it needs to be done for your team to be able to win. The scoring aspect is very low right now but having a presence in the offensive zone is still important.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog

9A. I think Terrance Nova had the greatest impact for the Blizzard. Bringing in a 40-point getting is always super helpful for teams to be able to win games. He has an offensive presence that helps and also does not take a lot of penalties.
9B. My first pick would be Tony Pepperoni because he has a great faceoff % and also had 55 points this season. My second pick would be Manuel Gotze. The man scores a lot of points and is not afraid to lay the body on anybody. My third pick would be Terrance Nova. He scored 40 points and I’m confident in him not taking any penalties for my team. My 4th pick would Brady McIntrye because he is of course Czech and is a solid defenseman I can rely on stopping an offensive rush. My last pick would be Karlstrabe Scholz. He was a Kelowna teammate and also is able to score points as a defenseman.
9C. I would say Tommy Tuch has the better advantage. The goal tender has been standing on his head these playoffs and keeping his team in games when they should be losing. Also, the goalie has a great solid defense in front of him where some nights it seems like he doesn’t need to even show up to win games.
9D. My favorite name for the Blizzard would be Hercules Rockefeller. Hercules was an amazing hero in Greek mythology and has Rockefeller was a titian oil baron in the early days of the industrial revolution. My favorite name on the Wolfpack would be Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz. First the name is ungodly long for and jersey to have it fully on the back. Second the announcers must have a great time trying to say that name every time they score a goal or touch the puck,
9E. I would choose the hotdog to eat right now. You can add many different toppings to the hotdog to add more flavors to it. Also it isn’t as heavy on the stomach as a salami is and also taste a lot better by itself than if you eat a salami by its self.
Code:

10A. My pick for playoff MVP would be Hercules Rockefeller. Hercules was a offensive powerhouse for the Edmonton Blizzard throughout the playoffs. He was able to get 12 goals and 13 assists to be able to get 25 points which is very impressive. He also hardly took any penalties with only getting 9 penalties minutes throughout the entire playoffs. Also, only 5 of those came from a fight in which Rockefeller stood up for his team to get them some energy to be able to get some offense going in a game for them. Rockefeller also had 30 hits which shows he was laying everything he had out on the night every ice trying to get his team to win.

Code:

12A. Done

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

1.) Well this decision is pretty easy. For one, I would never want to find myself in Boston and smell clam chowder breath. More importantly, ex-Chief Terrance Nova is featuring in this series and I'm pulling for him to win a cup. So to cheer him, you'd catch me at games 3 & 4 in Edmonton. Also, @Leppish thinks I'm reckless with my money, but even though I disagree, I can sure teach him a thing or two about running up a tab. The whole team will come along, we'll enjoy a whole lotta drinks, and a certain wannabe scientist named Igor Volkov can operate while drunk with the rest of the team watching. Property damage might be at an all-time high, but I'm sure the euphoria of seeing the Blizzard win mixed with drinking will be good for team bonding, or something like that.

3.) Hockey is a random sport, but whatever you youngsters do, put yourself in a position where you can help your teammates win. I personally feel a lot more comfortable controlling the game as opposed to chasing the game. Things that help with my build on the offensive end is controlling the puck to cleanly enter/exit the zones, not being afraid to pass frequently to get a good shot off instead of shooting on sight, and pinching to get your own scoring chances when the time comes. Defensively, try to get opponents off their game by checking them and keep them from entering your zone, but if they do gain entry and possess the puck for a while, don't be afraid to put your body on the line. Goalies appreciate that sort of thing and so will your teammates once they know they don't have to grind out the rest of their shift.

9a.) While Terrance Nova is a great piece to add to any cup-contending roster, I would like to think that New England's new additions have the advantage here. TJ Bayley has done well in this playoff run, but his production along with Jordan von Matt isn't overshadowing anything that the pair of Noah Konn and Ensio Kalju, who've been performing throughout the entire season. Not to mention, Anders Christansen is still a good, point-per-game producing type of player who adds a different dynamic.

9b.) Teddy Cuddles, Rafe Ulrich, Anders Christiansen, Brady McIntyre, and Tigole Bitties would be my fantasy team. Cuddles and Ulrich are both high-end point producing players in this league who are very well-rounded, and Christiansen can still put up similar production, even if he's taking a lot more hits than he's laying. The d-pairing is pretty simple; Bitties and McIntyre are two of the best d-men around.

9c.) The Wolfpack have the advantage here. Even with the shooting talent that Edmonton has, I find it hard for a tendy to play otherworldly for a whole season, both in the regular season and playoffs, and magically falter in the finals. Nerves play a part, but I can't imagine it being that big of a factor for someone who's doing so well.

9d.) Tony Pepperoni is my favorite name out of everyone in the finals. It's a fun name to say, it rhymes, and while it doesn't roll off the tongue, it's not something excruciatingly long to say like Hercules Rockafeller per se (still a great player though) or Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz. Noah Konn's a close second for obvious reasons, but Mr. Pepperoni tops the list.

9e.) Salami, and for many reasons. For one, a hot dog will only spark the "is a hot dog a sandwich?" debate, which no one has time for if you're trying to eat. Second, and more importantly, I can make a real sandwich with salami as opposed to a hot dog.

10.) His name might be too long, but Hercules Rockafeller gets my series MVP vote. For one, he got seven points in four games, nearly getting a pair per game. Most of those points came in a game state that helped with momentum, especially in the deciding game four where he cut the lead in half. Outside of the blowout in game three, Edmonton were either in a stalemate or getting outshot, and if anyone had to produce, it would have to be him, and he delivered like he has all playoffs long. Not to forget, Rockafeller did have to log PK time as well, and while it wasn't solely him that got the job done, he should get credited for stopping a Wolfpack PP that went 1/7 in that series.

12.) Sent To @PT Director

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Task 1: Obviously, if I am choosing between staying all expenses paid in New York or Edmonton, I pick New York. New York is just so much bigger, in a nicer climate, and much nicer touristic wise aswell. And to add to that, how much extra do you need to be to spend a lot of money in New York? There is so much to do and so little of it is reasonably priced that I am going to hope Eggy prepared himself to lose A LOT of money. Mostly probably running around and seeing all the interesting places, obviously using the taxis because my legs are more important than this, having some fun experiences only the big town can offer like a place you can pay some bucks to destroy stuff in, obviously you gotta fly the helicopter around the Liberty Statue that is absolutely necessary for me, and last but not least I think there is so much to be found in just trying all the food you can find in the city, counting in the fact that I might only eat a few bites out of everything to fit more of it.

Task 2: Setting: Typical American living room. Two kids put down controllers and start talking.
Kid 1: Man, I would really enjoy something sweet right now.
Kid 2: Do you want some ice cream? I think it’s in the freezer.
Kid 1: Nah, I am not feeling ice cream. I would like something with chocolate.
Perry Morgan walks into the frame through front door.
PM: Hey kids, don’t you want to try some Jaffa cakes?
Kids: Oh what’s that?
PM: Just the best British treat of all time! Soft cake with fruity jello and covered in chocolate. It’s dangerous though, you open the pack and oh! They are all gone!
Kids: Oh man give me some of those Jaffa cakes!
Announcer as the kids and PM eat Jaffa cakes: Jaffa cakes are the true piece of Britain finally in the US, with true and trusted flavours like strawberry and peach but also crazy new exciting ones like watermelon and pineapple! Find Jaffa cakes at your nearest Puplix™ store.

Task 3: I think the key to the game of Doskocil is always going to be physicality. You will never see Andrej on the ice without him using his body to his advantage. With his good hockey IQ and nifty hands, he is quick to identify the important people on the ice that need to be covered, block passes, strip people of pucks or start a goal scoring opporunity from the depths of his teams blue line. Obviously, he was never the one to look for the goals himself, and scoring touch has been the least of Doskocil’s concerns, so a young rookie that wants to play like he does doesn’t need to worry about silly stuff like shooting, and should rather focus on his ability to read the game and his skills to execute the necessary defensive manouver. And, if anything else fails, laying down a guy is as good as taking the puck away from him with some good stick handling, as long as you don’t get penalized for it.

Task 4: I am not here for all that long so seeing who we do well against is kinda hard. From what I saw though, at least this season, out of the three way fight happening for the lead of the Eastern Conference and interestingly enough the Atlantic division as well as all 3 teams were from Atlantic, between New England, Manhattan and West Kendall existed sort of a rock-paper-scissors interaction where and given of the three had a team that they had been doing well against and a team they would suffer against. For Manhattan, it was New England having good games against the New York based squad, while it’s West Kendall that Manhattan seemed to do more than ok against in this match up. So with my limited knowledge, seems like West Kendall is the answer here for now.

Task 9D: There are few outstanding candidates. Obviously, Przemyslaw is taking a big yes in my heart as a fellow Slav, Slappy McShotty and Dick Clapper are just great hockey names, Tony Peperoni makes me hungry but nothing I like more than a silly humour of a 12 year old. So obviously, I pick Tigole Bitties as my favourite name of the finals.

Task 9E: Alright. Two fine examples of meats, Salami vs. the Hotdog. Who shall we choose, you ask, well let’s say it’s a bit down to circumstances. These two salty bois aren’t exactly alike, even though they come from a similar background, and could call themselves potentional cousins, hotdogs are still a more of a standalone food designed to feed you on its own while a salami wants to enhance a food that already exists rather than be a vesel to a food of its own. Considering the circumstances though, because I just ate some pizza I would have really enjoyed salami more so let’s go with that.

Task 12 sent to PT Director

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Q 1. I am going to game for in Edmonton. Being that I fully believe Edmonton will win the series in close to four games, it would cool to see the cup being lifted. There are plenty things to do when you are at a cup game, even if you are not playing the key game. I know that myself and David Vent would meet up and chill out walk around the arena, maybe sign some autographs for anyone that wanted any. Afterwards we would most likely take a night on the town, meet up with any and all of the Czechs in the area and have a small party. We like to ball out when we get a chance and the end of the season is a great time to let loose right before we start practice for the international play. Well probably talk about the game, the season, our deals and anything else we want to do.

Q3. My playstyle is very physical and very selfless. I rarely ever take a shot that is on net, but rather something that a player can tip in for an easy redirect. My defensive awareness is through a lot of film and training and understanding the game and how the play is unfolding, seeing the chances and making it as safe as possible for the goalie. I also take a lot of pride in my skating since it was what I did the most when I was growing up. I am sure that there are people coming up who will be able to refined my style and may be able to be more offensive with the puck and I recommend kids these days learn how to do that, but always keep your brain in the same shape as your body because the game will never slow down from where it is it will only get faster.

Q4. I have a special place in my heart for playing against Mann. They are basically Czech Lite, and it’s the only party I’ve never been invited too. David Vent always rubs in the fact that im not a popular Czech because im not on Mann. I always manage to get a decent amount of hits against them and blocking shots doesn’t hurt nearly as bad when its from their wet noodles. I have never scored a goal when playing against them, but if I had to bet, my first goal in the SHL will be against man as the game winner. Cause that is what is meant to happen

9A. Noah Konn is one of the most impactful players that the playoffs have seen in recent memory and its no doubt they will go straight into the heart of the playoffs with grit and determination but also the skill that helps them stand out from the rest of the group.
9B. The ideal fantasy team is Tony Pepperoni, Manuel Gotze, Tarrence Nova, Brady McIntrye and Karlstrabe Scholz. There is such a wide variety of strong categories being filled by all the players mentioned. Obviously, a goalie is important, however with a core this strong, you are destined to win all the categories
9C Johannes will show what has always been known about the playoffs and about hockey in general. You can ride a hot goalie into the playoffs, but when it comes down to it, you need a guy who will also bounce back from the hot streak going cold. One of the most important parts of a goalie is the stats.
9D. TJ Bayley. There is nothing better than seeing a fellow Terry Jerry out there and doing his best and making some serious noise. There may be more, or much less creative names, but there’s something just simply perfect about TJ. TJ is the basis for great building blocks for naming schemes.
9E. Hotdogs are some of the most patriotic food choice in America. Being that New England was the birth place of rebellion and hope, and there’s nothing more patriotic than unsupervised children running around with fireworks and knives scream patriotic things and overall having a good time while a bunch of drunk adults just hang around and say terrible things about others that aren’t there.

Q10: Tommy Tuck deserves the MVP quite easily. Leading his team in saves time on ice and games played, while also having better stats in these areas than any other player on the other team. There was such a display of talent in the finals that really goes to show the level of parity in the league. Even though the final results of the tournament weren’t as close, there were great games played and very entertaining sound bites to come out of it all. All and all Tommy lead Edmonton from the back and it really showed by back stopping the winning team.

Q12: Sent

16/16

[Image: Off.gif]

1. Written, 3 TPE

I am for sure going to be taking in games 1 and 2 in Boston. As a Canadian, I love any chance I get to visit the ol U.S. of A. Knowing I’ll be in Boston in a year or two to begin my SHL career, I could get a good idea of what my life will be like with the Wolfpack. It’s an exciting time for me to see my future team in the finals, and I will definitely be paying close attention to each of the players. I’m probably not going to run up the tab all that much, as I will most likely skip the hotel and crash at my GM’s house. Gonna kick back for my free time between games, not planning on doing anything too extravagant. During the games I will be laser focused on taking in the highest quality SHL action of the year. It will definitely be a great learning experience for me as a young junior player looking to see what it takes to make it to the next level and play at the highest possible stakes.

3. Written, 3 TPE

It’s understandable that young players would like my playstyle and attempt to replicate it for themselves, as I did the exact same thing using my personal favorites. I would describe my playing style as a shoot first defenceman. I haven’t sacrificed my defensive ability, in fact, I’ve worked extremely hard to be able to match up against top opposition and succeed. But more importantly than being defensively responsible, I offer another offensive option. When other team’s defences are covering my forwards, they need to keep me in mind just as much as any of the top forwards, or I can let loose an absolute glass rattler at 100+ mph. It’s incredibly important for defencemen to have offensive output in modern hockey. All players should improve their scoring ability, to make it harder to cover your unit in the offensive zone. If they can’t cheat off of any single person, it can create an open space for your teammates.

4. Written, 2 TPE

Delver Fudgeson plays huge minutes against every single team in the SMJHL, leading the league in minutes played this past season. With a role like that, consistency against any and every team is expected of him. That said, he also led the league in goals by a defenceman, and he absolutely capitalizes when playing against a team like the St. Louis Scarecrows. Delver likes blasting absolute bombs from everywhere on the ice, and this team was one Delver used to get going and pump up his goal numbers. Early in the season all it takes is one or two good games to get a player’s confidence up and get them going offensively, and for Delver, it was St. Louis.

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

I think Anders Christiansen has been put in the best possible position to succeed. He is centering the top line, and will be given plenty of offensive opportunities. Many of these players have the potential to succeed, but I think this guy is in the best spot of all of them, and will have plenty of chances to carry the offense.

F: Hercules Rockerfeller. This guy has the best name in the league. Great stuff. Also a pretty decent player who led the playoffs in scoring.
F: Tony Pepperoni. Good strong name. One of the top scorers in the league, and plays some pretty huge minutes.
F: Gordie Boomhover. Rose to the occasion and led his team in scoring by 6 points. Excellent 2nd line centre with a clear offensive upside.
D: Tigole Bitties. All time player, lock for the hall of fame and still going strong. This guy is as talented as he is drunk.
D: Tor Tuck. Total beast in the finals. You don’t win cups without monsters like this dude.

Not to discredit Tommy Tuck, but Johannes Leitner had an unmatched season, and going into the finals has to be given the advantage in net. Tuck may be an absolute legend, but Leitner seems to be superior in today’s game. It will be a good matchup regardless, but as Leitner led the league in save percentage, goals against average, shutouts, and wins, he is the clear favorite.

My favorite name on the New England Wolfpack is Tigole Bitties. What kind of absolute mutant gets a name like that? Beautiful, ancient, stupid as anything, this name has it all. My favorite name on the Edmonton Blizzard goes to Hercules Rockerfeller. What a terrific name and underrated Simpsons reference. Everything about this name is great, and is my vote for best name in the SHL.

Hot dog for sure. You can never go wrong with a hot dog on the grill. Salami is alright if you’re trying to eat something terrible quickly. Hot dogs are a gift mankind gave itself, made from mystery meat, probably including rodent and hog anus. The disgusting unholy creation is possibly the greatest tasting cheap meat on the planet.

You got me, last minute finishing the CW. My pick for MVP of the SHL Finals goes to Hercules Rockerfeller of the Edmonton Blizzard. This absolute monster centred the top line of the championship team and led the entire playoffs in scoring, thanks in part to his great finals performance. In the crucial games 3 and 4, he managed 5 points to help lead his team to the championship. He was the 2nd and 1st star respectively in those two games. His goal in game 4 helped pull his team out of an early 2 goal deficit, and followed it up with the primary assist on the tying goal. This guy did it all, and has maybe the best name in the game on top of it.

15 TPE total

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

1. Written, 3 TPE
Games 1 and 2 in Boston, Boston is a bigger city with probably more expensive resturants and night clubs in general because of it being an bigger city. there is probably more exotic things to do in Boston. I have been in Edmonton before, and I have never been to Boston so that also plays in a factor. Also I could try and get eggy there as he lives in buffalo so we can make a big shl event out of it. maybe an meet up of some sort or something to that effect try and get as much people as possible to run a fat tab at the bars, pay for everyones drinks, buy drugs, idk. make it a big ass party that we will forget but know that we had a good time u know. Just be a general pain in the ass for eggy and his biudget, piss him off so he doesn't mess with me or smt.

3. Written, 3 TPE

Well I am not a professional hockey player at all. I havent made the Hamilton Steelhawks yet but I want to be a shot generator for my team. I want to lead the league in shots on goal and be one of the best goal scorers of all time. thats my goal with Hugh jazz and I am going to try and accomplish that in my career. I have created one of the best two way players ever in hall, and one of the best goal scoring dmen in dover, now its time to create one of the best goal-scoring wingers of all time. I will be spending another season in junior so I can refine my craft and be ready for S51 to make a splash with the steelhawks. My size is also going to be useful for board battles and to generate as much offense as possible for my team.

4. Written, 2 TPE
Well, I think that STHS is just a random numbers generation and you can just create a narrative out of what gets outputted. I can run 1000 different test sims of one result and win 80% of the time but you know what the randomness of the sim engine could still be like fuck you u gonna lose this series. There's really no logic behind it right now in my opinion. People think there is but Im going to tell them that they are mistaken. I have been a GM on the site for a every long time and people are going to be disappointed on the results of the sim engine. I see this place as a community first, sim league 2nd.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

I think Edmonton's threesome will have a bigger impact on the series mostly because of Nova. Nova is an experienced veteran and one of the best scorers in the last 10 seasons or so. He will step up in the playoffs and get things done and win a ship in Edmonton because he knows what that entails and how to do it. His shot is just lethal and it makes Edmonton a very hard team to defend.

F-Hercules Rockefeller
F-Terrance Nova
F-Gordie Boomhover
D-Brady McIntyre
D-Tor Tuck
G-Johannes Leitner

Rockefeller is a great two way player that can score. Nova is an exiperence scorer and has a lot of history of being successful in the league. Gordie is a young stud that will be impactful in more than one ways. Mcintyre+tuck is kinda a do everything you need type of pairing. Leithner had a better season than Edmonton's Goalie

Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkie- big fan of how long this name is. aits just something different and not something that you see everyday and it must be a pain in the ass to write for lines or pbp or anything like this. I had to copy and paste is his name here because I knew I wasn't going to be able to spell it correctly.

well, Imma go with hotdog because salami is not a meal and not a sandwhich. salami is something that you just add to something to make it taste gud however a hotdog by itself is just magically, filling and a good meal honestly. Also I feel like @hotdog should change his name to hotdogs because who has 1 hotdog only when having hotdogs.

Code:

Sent
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:15 PM by Kylrad.)

Task 3 (3 TPE)

The best way to describe my playing style is smart and fast. A lot of hockey players are pretty dumb and have no brains or hockey iq, for example all my Smeb brothers, playing the game smart is the key to success, skills like knowing where to be, how to get open predicting the next play and knowing where everywhere is on the ice is how you succeed, work smart not hard, Next the other key is to develop your skating as speed is the other most important of the game now, slow skaters also like my brothers just have no place in the game today as they cannot keep up at all, speed and brains are the two keys to success and what my playing style is modeled after. The final two skills that my player possess are good faking skills and hands that lead to great puck handling and passing.

Task 4 (3 TPE)

Daniel Smeb doesnt have that many seasons under his belt so its hard to say historically who he definitely plays the best against. Although statistically he's not actually sure if this is the team he's the best against, one team that seems easy to play against on the rare occasions that they meet is the Calgary Dragons, while its probably not that easy for the rest of his team as the Dragons are a top team, for Daniel the games are pretty easy as he's often matched up against Chico Smeb which makes the game very easy to play for him as even an elite dragons team cannot make up for Chicos weaknesses that Daniel easily exploits.

Task 9 (5 TPE)

Overall as a whole I think the players the New England Wolfpack have acquired will have a bigger impact on the series. However I think the player that will have the biggest impact on the series will be Terrance Nova of the Edmonton Blizzard, Nova has long been an elite player in the league and now has an elite team to back him up.

The following would be my SHL fantasy team out of the teams appearing in the finals

Manuel Gotze - Hercules Rockfeller - Terrance Nova

Brady Mcintyre - Ensio Kalju

Johannes Leitner

The forwards are an experienced bunch with a good mix of two way play, goal scoring and playmaking, The D are both also vets who are also former teammates, and while historically Tommy Tuck has been great lately Leitner has been an extremely elite goalie and one of the best in the league.

I picked him for my fantasy team and will also have to give him the advantage in this series, while Tuck will have the experience edge and an elite history and could easily win the series for his team, lately Leitner has been extremely hot so I have to go with him

There's a lot of great player names between these two teams especially on the Wolfpack, if I had to pick one i'd probably go with Dick Clapper because why not, hearing a commentator yell Clapper or Dick Clapper every time he makes a big play sounds like it would be an entertaining time.

I think I prefer hot dogs by a lot so normally i'd say hot dog but I haven't actually had a salami in a really long time and kind of mostly forgot what it tasted like so right now i'd want to eat a salami to remember what it tastes like

Task 10 (3 TPE)

Congrats to the Edmonton Blizzard on winning the Challenge Cup in a series that was much more one sided than most expected probably as the Blizzard dominantly swept the Wolfpack. My vote for series MVP would go to Brady Mcintyre, Mcintrye alone with the rest of the Blizzards elite D is what makes them such a scary team, and it showed in these playoffs. Mcintyre finished the playoffs 3rd in scoring with 22 points as a D, played a ton of minutes for his team averaging the most in the playoffs, and had a good physical and defensive  presence with his hits and league leading shots blocked

Task 12 (3 TPE)
pmd

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

1. I will be going to games one and two in Boston because I want to experience another fun American city. I spend a majority of my time during the season in New Orleans and while that is nice, I don’t get much time at away games to stay and explore the city. I will be a full blown tourist knowing that Eggy will be fronting the bill. I will stay at the nicest hotel possible and eat like a king. In the stadium I will get to be a fan and feel the excitement of what a fan feels when their team is in the championship and this is what I hope to bring to New Orleans one day. After games one and two are over I will then proceed to go to get some drinks and food after; only picking the best places because you know Eggy is paying, what Eggy doesn’t know is for the better.
(160 words) (3 tpe)

2. I would have a commercial filled with the lock down defense of the New England Wolf Pack, this would include Tigole Bitties @Ace , Ensio Kalju @jRuutu , Maximmilian Egger @Moosecup , Guy Zheng @goldenglutes , Perry Morgan @Flareon , and the infamous Thomas “draft circumventor” Bathory @vbottas17 . These six great players will star in a commercial that truly shows how good they are at protecting their own net. This will take place on a SHL themed rain bow six siege map and these six players will be tasked with defending their “net” which would be a bomb. This will give the game a great publicity and be able to sell more copies of the games because it shows these hockey athletes also playing games like this and for consumers to see their favorite player in the game this will also drive more sales. There will be in game skins offered of these players which will generate more revenue as well. The players will be payed a good amount of money.
(173 words) (3 tpe)

3. I would describe my playstyle as being fast and overpowering; at least that is what I want the young kids to see. I want to be their idol and to be a great player on and off the ice. Young players, defenseman specifically try to emulate how smooth my skating is through center ice and then in the offensive zone. I always see videos on twitter and Facebook of how young athletes will try to mimic goals that I score in high school, college, SMJHL, and in the SHL. Those make my day seeing that I can hopefully change someone’s life. This is how I started to become interested in hockey, I would watch my favorite SHL players and practice in my backyard or at the local rink. Young hockey athletes should not just watch me for my on the ice skills but also my off the ice skills, how to talk properly to the media and how to interact with coaches and teammates are something that I take pride doing.
(172 words) (3 tpe)

4. When I played in St. Louis for the Scarecrows I always seemed to excel against our rivals, the Detroit Falcons. I knew that on the morning of game day I had to come prepared and ready to give a little bit extra versus our rivals and that showed. I would always tally a few points against them; block an extra shot or two and lay my body more. I think that the veterans in my rookie season really installed the mindset that you want to win every game, but the most important games are the rivalry ones and I have taken that with me my who career.
(108 words) (2 tpe)

10. My vote for the series MVP would be Manuel Gotze. Gotze had an outstanding playoff and he exceled during the finals. He was not only an offensive threat, but he was also responsible for multiple game changing defensive plays. Whether it was blocking a shot or intercepting a pass, Gotze deserves this award. He averaged a point per game and that is hard to do in the playoffs against great teams, especially a team like the Blizzard in the finals. He was also the leader on the ice for his team; influencing the way his teammates help themselves up after a disappointing lost in the finals to Edmonton and also in the post game press conferences.
(116 words) (2 tpe)

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread