Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west:

This is extra wrong because I have a feeling that the Panthers aren't even close to playoff contention while this year may be the season that the Pride finally arrive and should make the playoffs in the West easily.

Code:
Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

This is one of those bold predictions that I believe is completely wrong. The Jets made a ton of trades in the offseason and pretty much changed everything. However, the players they brought in are some of the best players in the league. Yes, they might be regressing but they are all still very capable players and will definitely make the playoffs. Even though they might be in trouble down the line, they are all in this season.

Code:
78 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Code:
hotdog - Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep

This is just straight up slander. Yeah Morgan has had a few biscuit noms but everyone knows he's just gearing up for a run at the Stevens, which he will almost undoubtedly take an east win at it

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 01:29 AM by MCP_.)

Let me tell you why you are ALL wrong:

> Katth - Toronto won't finish last in the league

Don't get me wrong, Lokitonov is a STUD, but have you looked at the team around him? They are seasons away from even developing into a true mid tier team, much less a team that will make the playoffs. NEW will get back on track eventually and that will be the end of their hold on the last spot in the Eastern Conference. Texas and Minny, despite looking like they're tanking (even if it isn't intentional like Minny) will end up racking up more points than the North Stars. NEXT!

> Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

Nah. He's still got a lot in the tank despite being old as fuck and he's gonna try for a 3rd cup with the new core. That is if Izzy didn't already tell you guys this will be his last season, then, in that case, this is a very sneaky retirement announcement. Well done Izz. NEXT!

> Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy

If that's their goal, they got their work cut out for them: Tampa is looking to put their last season behind them, Chicago is looking like they are turning a corner, and Buffalo is Buffalo. This isn't even taking into account NEW getting back into the fray or Hamilton getting their shit together, so... not looking good for Manhattan there. And that's just the eastern conference. Look at what SFP and WIN are doing. NEXT!

> Inf1d3l - Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

On paper, they're not a terrible team: they got plenty of talent on the team, and they got the resources to do it. With that said, they've been awful and it doesn't help that McZehrl is surrounded by middle line talent while they pile the rest of their depth on the 2nd line. At least put Watson with him Jesus christ. NEXT!

> Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

With the start SFP is having, that's a tall order. They're boasting one of the youngest teams with considerable experience in the league and it looks like they found the light at the end of the tunnel. LAP is also very young, but they still have to take lots of time to develop before they can make any reasonable noise. NEXT!

> Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

I won't disagree to the fact that he may have a career year, but the dude's ego will always be more talented than he is, especially with a league with Mike Izzy and Lokitonov providing much more value than CCII any day. NEXT!

> hotdog - Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep

Lots of candidates to take those trophies, and I highly doubt an awards show like the S48 show where the Barracuda won a shitload of awards will happen this coming season. I would maybe expect it in a few seasons from now, but not this time. NEXT!

> Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

Nah. They still have a bunch of depth and I wouldn't call them out of the ring yet. That kind of collapse will happen in a few seasons when all those guys like O'Calligan and Grease call it quits. Whether or not that core stays a few more seasons is really up to father time. NEXT!

> Old Man Izzy - Winnipeg will surge in the regular season and StadiumGambler will win Coach of the Year

I think they will have a good season, but that's it - *good*. Everyone is old as fuck and who knows who will retire. Gambler is coming onto a team with a bunch of already established talent, and I don't believe he'll get the award until the team is rebuilt after the Grease Era ends and they make an identity of their own, not so much as inheriting a legacy. The pieces are starting to crumble, like dropping Cedric Moreau from the team in favor of Leblanc and Brain might be the guy to take over Grease, but that's seasons ahead.

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but my point still stands: they'll be good, but not that good and the good start they've had will turn sour soon enough. NE- oh i'm done.

Anyways, tell me why im wrong. GO!

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Quote:Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

I figured I would disagree with the meme-iest prediction, because while it would be talked about for years if Winnipeg had a midseason collapse and missed the playoffs, the reality is that @StadiumGambler's moves have put the Jets on the path to the playoffs, if only for the short term at least. The Jets finished atop the West in the preseason, and there is no reason to think they won't have a similar outcome once the regular season concludes.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

Quote:Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy

No, manhattan is doo doo and will continue to be so even though they got a solid roster. They are poop cause they just are, luke will win many awards but not a single trophy. He will end up in HoF while Hippo will rot away in a basement

RETIRED

Quote:Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Not this season. Pride are looking sharp right now and unless something completely insane happens this just seems a little too far fetched. Unless there is some unforeseen collapse, this one is nuts.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Katth - Toronto won't finish last in the league

Katth is completely correct- Toronto won't finish last in the league. They'll try very hard, but I expect at least one of Minnesota or Winnipeg will push them out. Minnesota's team is a vacant wasteland, and maybe I'm being mean or completely off the mark about Winnipeg, but I have bad vibes about the ability of new GMs to make the lines work well, especially when they don't have much talent to play with.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I really hope this one is wrong because if Mike Izzy was to retire at seasons end I believe the SHL will have to fold without having the face of a league to take over, I mean, what would a league without Mike Izzy look like?! I hope that day never comes!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

This doesn't seem much like a bold prediction to me. Both teams are getting better and one of the two could sneak past the other during the course of the season, but why would it be so surprising to see LAP edge them out again? I don't understand why people think Los Angeles is so bad.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

nf1d3l - Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

Not only they will win Western finals, but also get Presidents Trophy & sweep their way to the Challenge Cup. For their efforts, they will be awarded four-star cup and eastern finals nod too, because why the heck not.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Code:
Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy
Oh boy no. Not only considering the forces present in their own conference (Buffalo and New England), you think they will edge out New Orleans or even Winnipeg for the President's Trophy? No amount of godly goaltending can get the Rage on top with their sore lack of scoring depth.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 12:00 PM by Pris.)

"hotdog - Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep"

Lies. Everyone knows that it is Colossal Scrub Anastasia O'Koivu's year to win the Biscuit, after earning her first award nomination last season. She has to be crowned Queen Goon. it's just her time.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

First of all, how dare you say such stupid nonsense? Oh right, that's the point of this PT... Everyone knows the augment will never retire, it is simply impossible. Not only will he beat the record for most seasons played, the man didn't reach his peak yet.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Old Man Izzy - Winnipeg will surge in the regular season and StadiumGambler will win Coach of the Year

If Manhattan can't win coach of the year for taking a team from dead last to top three in the league, Winnipeg won't win coach of the year for going from playoff team to... playoff team.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52