Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

Quote:If your team was hosting a movie night and you got to pick the film, what are you choosing? Feel free to interpret this as (a) your player is choosing a movie for their SHL team to watch or (b) you, the user, is choosing a movie for your team LR to watch together. Write 25+ words about what movie you would choose and why you're picking that one.

For this week's movie night with the Edmonton  Blizzard I decided to choose Avengers: Endgame. One of the most satisfying conclusions to the MCU and the first Marvel movie to make me shed tears! Avengers: Endgame is one of my favourite movies.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

For a Hamilton movie night, I would chose to have us all rewatch Avengers: Endgame because we're all huge nerds and god damn was that movie a three hour nerdgasm

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

10-11-2019, 01:40 PMdmills3 Wrote: In both Vancouver and Hamilton, we will be watching the Pittsburgh Penguins: Stanley Cup 2017 Champions movie. I chose this for reasons obvious: the Pittsburgh Penguins are easily the best team in professional hockey and I just have to share the thrill of winning back-to-back cups with everyone!

Oh... no one showed up to my movie night... :(

This is not a hot choice, but I assume Nour would have shown up. You two could have held hands and celebrated together. Actually this sounds cute, maybe I'll come.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

If I were picking a movie for fellas in Texas to watch, I would go with No Country for Old Men. Stunning film and I really feel like it embodies the spirit of the Texas locker room.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

For Movie night Devitt chose for the Knights to watch The Dark Knight directed by Christopher Nolan starring Christian Bale as Batman, and Heath Ledger reprising the Joker in with his legendary preformance. It also had characters like Two-Face/Harvey Dent played by Aaron Eckhart and Rachel Dawes played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. An all time great movie for an all time great Junior Franchise in the Kelowna Knights.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

i would queue up Alfred Hitchcock's 1958 film noir psychological thriller Vertigo, it is set in San Francisco and boy howdy is a great movie, one of my favorites

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

If Björn got to pick a movie for Whalers movie night he would go with timeless classic he that has been one of his favorite movies since his childhood, this masterpiece of acting and action will keep everyone entertained for almost 2 and half hours.

Whalers will be watching Terminator 2: Judgment Day, fuck hockey.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

10-11-2019, 01:00 PMml002 Wrote: Easy answer, Miracle as it's one of the best sports movies of all-time and if you disagree I'll fight you. It's amazing in just about every facet of sports films and made all more impressive that the actors for the players aren't actors but actual hockey players

Again! *whistles*
This is an amazing answer. In fact, it was the movie I was going to pick. One thing I super like about it is that they didn't alter the format of the events to suit the pacing of the movie. A lesser version of the movie would have had USA face the Soviets in the finals. Love this movie!

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

The movie I would choose for the Rage to watch to be the movie Fury. Its an action-packed movie for the action guys. It has suspense and drama. It also shows that sacrifices are needed to be made for the good of the team.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Hamilton would have to watch Super Troopers.. It's just a classic comedy film and we all love to joke around so it would go over pretty well. Definitely a better pick than watching the Penguins win a cup or two.. blegh...

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

“A movie night with the boys!” Captain Phineas Gold was more than excited to leave the gym with the GM. “Yah, but you gotta pick something that’s going to inspire the team.” At this time the Krakens are currently 4th in the standings and looking to give the league hell in the 2nd half of the season. “I got just the pick, it’s enough of a parody that it’ll have the boys and girls laughing, but it’s also got some deep shit.” Phineas said. “You going to put on one of those hockey movies? Make the rest of the boys think they’re the almighty ducks or unconquerable Americans???” His GM said. “No, better! We’re going to watch Galaxy Quest.” Phineas said adamantly. “Never give up, never surrender. You can’t go wrong with that. We might be celebrities from last year, but I think the team needs a little bit of humbling. Make them realize that a team is a team, even when we all just pretend to do our roles for tv.” His GM looked at Phineas with one eye arched. “Trust me, Galaxy Quest is real gold, and that a promise!”

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

10-11-2019, 02:07 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Hamilton would have to watch Super Troopers.. It's just a classic comedy film and we all love to joke around so it would go over pretty well. Definitely a better pick than watching the Penguins win a cup or two.. blegh...

We could watch the Canucks riot.. or does that hit too close to home Wink

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 02:26 PM by Tate.)

Knox Booth has scored a date with a beautiful girl who knows little to nothing about hockey, and she lets him know ahead of time that she'd like to watch a hockey movie if possible. Knox arrives on her doorstep with two films in hand, Goon and Slapshot. Knox plans to start with Goon as it's a lot of fun and will help establish hockey culture and also supply them with some really funny moments and a cute/playful love story. If Knox's date enjoys Goon then he knows he can follow it up with Slapshot, a little more serious but just as good of a movie. If his date likes both films Knox will likely have to get down on one knee and propose, but if she's a fan of both Goon and Slapshot, she's wife material!

[Image: p82ugau.png]

10-11-2019, 01:05 PMhotdog Wrote: we're gonna watch American Beauty, one of the best movies of all time. it's about Kevin Spacey being attracted to an underage character, and then in real life it turns out Kevin Spacey is attracted to underage characters and it makes the movie a fairly bizarre experience to watch with that knowledge. so we're gonna have an important discussion about the potential values and difficulties of separating art from artist, and we're also gonna CANCEL his ass

Aside from the fact that you're spot on about Spacey as a real life predator, American Beauty has to be one of the best movies ever made. In my opinion it is the perfect balance of an artistic and commercial film that is relatable to most audience members and really conveys a lot of important messages about life. Great suggestion and interesting insight from your post, well done!

[Image: p82ugau.png]

10-11-2019, 12:53 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Well this is pretty easy considering we actually had a movie night. We watched Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and I fell asleep about half way through because believe it or not watching movies with US people as someone from EU tends to result in a really awkward timing for you.

I remember that, it was pretty fun to watch with the Halifax people. I don't think we ever got to watch LoTR 2 and 3 though!

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]