Create Account

No Kalju, No Cry

[Image: lookback.jpg]

Can you believe its season 50 already? Seems like it was only recently when I got drafted, but here we are ten seasons and over 400 games later.  This ongoing season has been not so good for New England, or especially the start. Now things are looking better and better again. The season for me has been pretty normal, +/- rating is well in the minus, I have scored couple goals and dropped the gloves a few times - vintage Kalju.

Going to be interesting to see how the season goes on from here, pressure for everybody in New England is on every game, simply cant drop points if we want to make it into playoffs this year. Team has a lot of potential, so right now I´m optimistic.

Back to me and my career, when I look at the bigger picture, I´m pretty close to entering territory where a retirement is an option. Normal obviously when you get hit with regression every season, but this time around I´m not sure how long I will keep on going. Could go on towards something similar as last time (17 seasons), I have more TPE than ever, but in all honesty, I feel like Kalju´s career will be shorter than 17 seasons.

Lately, very few things have been bringing joy to me in SHL, seeing New Orleans struggle a little bit is the biggest one - god I hate that team so much. Other than that it's been pretty gray overall.

[Image: TameAdorableHaddock-small.gif]

I have been lucky enough to end up into good teams that are close to winning right now, is that the reason why everything feels a bit lame in a way? I have been in the playoffs almost every year and even in the finals a few times, no struggle or making the journey from the bottom to the top.

The answer is yes and no. No, that is not the reason. This is all my own doing. I have pushed for trades, I don´t have the same patience to wait or fight anymore. When the ´struggling´ part comes and If something is not working, I pull the good old trade card out and throw it on the table as an option. I could have just as well keep going and stay, but I have been going towards another direction - why?

Yes, that is the answer. Moving from top team to another does not give you the same feeling as coming from the bottom to the top. Cool to win and play well, but I did not do any of the hard work, I was not there to build the team. I just came in when the ride was about to be good. I´m doing what everybody can do, there is nothing hard in moving to team that is on the top or almost there.

I´m now pretty much the exact opposite of what I was with my last player, I´m now the borderline undraftable risky pick, a user who potentially divides the locker room and a user who moves from team to team when ride gets bumpy.

Potentially solid career turned into selfishness and sadness. Feels bad.

(515)

Come back for Kalju, we got this

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]