Create Account

S50 WFT #3 - Make the Case

[Image: 1366581668-judgejoebrown.jpg]

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

That's right folks, it's time for another edition of Make the Case, where you argue about a thing or some stuff. 

Task: Choose 1 or more of the topics below. Begin your task with the word 'For' or 'Against' and then make the case for what ever side you chose! If you see somebody spouting off some BS in their response, respond to their response with 'BS!' and counter them!

Every 'For', 'Against' or 'BS!' that meets the 25+ word criterion will receive 1 capped TPE; 10 or so people will be chosen as Participation+ members and will receive an additional uncapped TPE for demonstrating active argumentative fervor!

Deadline: 10pm ET on Sunday, October 20th

The topics:

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

Code:
Benjamin Blue, putting up an incredible season in net for Tampa Bay, is the League MVP

Code:
Buffalo will achieve the Even Trifecta and continue their trend of winning the cup in even-numbered seasons with a S50 championship

Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

Code:
Noted "bust" Noah Konn will end his career by leading the SHL in goals scored

Code:
San Francisco is the biggest threat to Edmonton's hopes of repeating as the West's representative in the Challenge Cup

Code:
Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

Code:
Manhattan and New England, both having extremely disappointing seasons, will turn it on in time and both make the playoffs

Code:
The Carolina Kraken are biding their time, resting up for the playoffs, and will "repeat" (kind of) as Four Star Cup Champions

Code:
Jagger Fouquette will finish the season leading the SMJHL in both goals AND assists

Code:
With the standings tighter now than in recent memory, this is finally the season in which a bottom-four (7-10) team will make a run and hoist the Four Star Cup

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Quote:No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

AGAINST

I'm not sure how this can be argued when New England went from president's trophy winners to bottom of the barrel in the Eastern Conference. The Wolfpack are definitely having a more disappointing season.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

"Manhattan and New England, both having extremely disappointing seasons, will turn it on in time and both make the playoffs"

For; pls manhattan turn it around im sorry i said you could win because it was sexist i picked you for the over now please win i even parlayed and im gonna lose all my money. You can't have half of czechia (the best iihf nation) on one team and then be suck thats not how its supposed to work. anyways yeah manhattan is defo turnin it around or else im gonna cry. New England isn't turning around though because i didn't bet on them, sorry thats just how life is sometimes my fellow wolfy friends.

Quote:Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

I would really like to argue against this because that's my record, but I can't. Kandinsky is on a roll and has had an amazing season so far. He will definitely shatter my record. The dude has 41 points in 33 games already, he's on his way to beating it already with so much time remaining in the season.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

10-18-2019, 12:38 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
Quote:No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

AGAINST

I'm not sure how this can be argued when New England went from president's trophy winners to bottom of the barrel in the Eastern Conference. The Wolfpack are definitely having a more disappointing season.

Against

Imaging having to live in toronto and then to also play on the North Stars. Now thats just disappointing.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

FOR: At his current pace it would be anywhere between extremely unlikely and absolutely impossible if he didn't manage to break this record. Shatter is likely even the better word, because we don't know how high his total number of points will be at the end of the season. Obviously playing alongside one of the greatest (Mikhail Lokitonov) and having tons of sim luck is helping, but we can't deny that Mika Kandinsky is an extremely talented rookie.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

For: Mika only needs 4 points in 17 games to break the record. Right now he is on pace for 62 points, and even if he "hits the wall" and gets 8-10 points instead of 18-20 he'll still finish with around 50 points.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

FOR

I don't see how anyone can argue against this one. Kadinsky has 41 points through 33 games and only needs 4 more points to break the record. Playing with Lokitonov will definitely get him to shatter the record. I would say he's even going to break the 55 point mark and set a very high new record. Even if he were to go on a cold streak, I don't see how he wouldn't get 4 points in his next 17 games.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:
Jagger Fouquette will finish the season leading the SMJHL in both goals AND assists

Never bet on @Waters to perform well in any scenario, just bringing up the fact that he has a shot at it means over the next 20 games, he will be dead last in both categories simply based on spite, which is weird, cause he would only be spiting himself.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

FOR picking this one feels like cheating as he already sits at 41 points with 17 games left at pace for more than sixty points, which I sure would like as he is part of my fantasy team yet Im still at bottom of my group.

He has done great work so far but to shatter this record I'm pretty sure team like Toronto will help you a lot as playing in first line with one of best in a league might be only way to make it possible, at least after this season.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

With the standings tighter now than in recent memory, this is finally the season in which a bottom-four (7-10) team will make a run and hoist the Four Star Cup

FOR

Have we forgotten which simming platform we use? Mr. Simon T can be unpredictable, but there is a reason why it is usually the good teams who raise the trophy at the end. Normally I would be against this, but then again, I was on a Montreal Militia team in the early S40's that went to a game 7 of the Four Star Cup finals despite being the lowest seed in the playoffs. It can happen, and the SMJHL is the place for it to happen.

Code:
Manhattan and New England, both having extremely disappointing seasons, will turn it on in time and both make the playoffs

In my opinion it will still be very hard for both teams. but all is possible and we saw many things in the SHL History. So let us see what happen.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Code:
Benjamin Blue, putting up an incredible season in net for Tampa Bay, is the League MVP
Against.  
Blue is a great goalie and having another fantastic season (I drafted TBB goalies in fantasy because I am a genius) but he is not the league MVP.  He is an easy nominee, but the winner should be either Mikail Lokitonov (for just having an overall dominating season) or Piotr Czerkawski (third in points, driving the best line in the league, and better plus/minus-hits-shooting percentage while playing slightly less minutes than number two in points who is only one point ahead).  I would not blink at any of the three winning, but seeing how close Cedric Robinson is to Blue in both stats and shots against makes me lean the other way.  I know there are other players with similar point totals but this is my post and I will be biased if I want.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:

For. It's pretty simple really. Russian machine never breaks. Mika is having a hell of a season and there is no reason that should change now. Get it Mika!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Code:

AGAINST

New England is overrated and was a surprise team last season. Anyone expecting them to be anywhere close to as good as last season is crazy. Leitner carried them last season and it is impossible to repeat that unless you are Benjamin Blue. Manhattan just sucks for some reason

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]