Create Account

S50 PT #3 - Aches & Pains

Goaltenders take quite a pounding, always being bruised up by 100mph pucks and have to make some stretches that quite frankly the human body isn't supposed to make. Groin issues are pretty much a given for any goalie. Kata Vilde has had his share of these issues as well and it's showing in his play this season. The Calgary training staff is pretty amazing and has been great at keeping Vilde on the ice. If it was up to GM Steelhead he'd just throw a couple parms at you and say tough it out lol. Lately though Vilde has asked to try a new training method so he will be going with DDP Yoga. This is an exercise system designed by former professional wrestler Diamond Dallas Page which involves low impact yoga as an exercise plan. It also involves a diet change, removing chemicals and eating and drinking nothing but organic materials. It has helped alot of former athletes regain movement since their careers and current pro wrestlers such as Dustin Rhodes and Chris Jericho also employ these exercises. Having seen their successes Vilde is going to try this system in an effort to prolong his career and stall off the effects of regression in the next seasons.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

This is going to be a bit of a different kind of reply, but honestly, the biggest challenge health-wise for me in my first two seasons hasn't been physical, but mental. Even though I speak English pretty well, the culture shock of moving from Japan to Colorado was bigger than I expected.

In my first season, I was pretty quiet and didn't really talk too much in the locker room. That was unusual for me, because on the teams I was on in Japan, I was always the leader. Being in a room with talented guys like Vorian Atreides and Henrik Lekberg-Oesterman was the first time I had not clearly been the best player on the team.

Those guys and I really bonded as last season went on, and this season, they've really helped me come out of my shell and be a bigger part of Colorado's locker room during our resurgent run this season.

I don't play a very physical game -- I think I have like 12 hits right now -- so I don't really get injured that often and I don't get too banged up (knock on wood). But whereas last season, I'd usually just go straight back to my apartment after practice, now I spend a lot of time hanging out with Vorian, HLO, and the rest of the gang whether we are at home or on the road. This season has been a lot easier on me mentally, and I think it shows in my play.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

The thing that hurts the most right now, besides my pride, is the consistent pain in my shoulder and lower back. Hockey is clearly a physical sport with lots of aches and pains through a season but the worst part is unexpected injuries. My shoulder is so messed up right now because I have been taking way more shots than I ever expected to.

Like, seriously, I am a defenseman, not a forward. But I have been way more involved in the offense than I had expected to. My goal scoring this season is more than the previous two combined so it isn't surprising to have some over use.

Thankfully, we have a totally kick ass training staff that ices my shoulder up before and after every game and has been working with me to get more flexible and strong to decrease the inflammation and limit the pain and soreness. If it weren't for them I honestly dont know if I'd be functional at this point in the season.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

NSFL PT

It's a long season and it's no secret that no one is 100% healthy when the playoffs start.
Aaron Wilson is off to a decent start in his SHL career with 50 points in 85 games but more is expected from him given his top line and top PP minutes alongside Robert Phelps. Recently fans on social media have noticed that his shot release looks a bit different and they're speculating that he is playing through an injury. Could this be the reason Wilson is converting on only 6.9% of his shots?"
When asked about it after the 5-4 win over Chicago in which Aaron was scoreless and -2, he said, "I think I was as healthy as anyone can be last season if you don't count some minor bruises, I just struggled a bit as a rookie. But this year I suffered a minor shoulder injury in preseason, had to sit out a few games. It was fine at the start of the season but it's kind of been nagging me a bit lately, nothing too bad but it's hurting sometimes when I try to do basic hockey things. I think in offseason we'll evaluate our options but right now I don't want to miss any games as we are in a tight playoff race, and our medical staff is doing a great job helping me get through this"

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Toner has stayed relatively healthy over the course of his career, managing to avoid any major injuries, although he has had a couple minor niggles. Back in S47 was one such occasion. JT picked up a wrist injury that was consistently bothering him, but managed to play through the injury and finish off the season. But it seriously affected his point total that season, putting up only 29 points, an outlier in the midst of his career. He managed to make it through and then had offseason surgery and rehabbed before S48 began.

Now that he's aging and getting further in his career, Jon is focusing more on taking care of his body to try and last as long as possible. He takes full advantage of the services that the Panthers offer, physio and the likes. He also focuses on his diet very strictly. One of his favorite off-day activities is visiting his local float spa.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

[Image: g3DESiK.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Everything hurts. Bad neck is always causing me issues, and I seem to pull a muscle every other game. Back to backs are no help at all, and sometimes it feels like I have no time to recover. Why didn't I put my durability up? The training staff in Lethbridge... does everything it can, even if they are a little underfunded and understaffed. They work hard and are total professionals, but sometimes it shows that this is all part of a junior league. They make sure to get me as much ice as they can spare, and they massage my failing legs has much as they can, but I don't know how much longer my body is going to hold out. Last season I played more minutes than any other skater in the league, and now my body is finally starting to show the wear and tear as a result. I'm struggling this season, and maybe my intense training over the off-season wasn't the best idea looking back.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 03:14 PM by Bonk.)

Coming up through the SMJHL Lil Manius was injury free and had no real aliments to speak of although once he joined the Jets Manius could not avoid noticing how Jason Visser  ( @ToeDragon84 ) struggled with his raw nipples. Shortly afterward Lil’ noticed how his nipples were also becoming more sensitive and sore.  So, he began to follow Visser’s regiment of special creams and powders to no avail.   This plagued Manius until he arrival in New Orleans where he noticed that Joe Kurczewski (@JKortesi81 ) was wear nipple pasties. Manius proceed to learn that Kurczewski also suffered from sensitive and sour nipples as well and the addition of pasties to his equipment has been lifesaver. Since then Manius has been using the pasties and has been living pain free. Manius debated on letting Visser in on this cure for nipple aliment but considering he is on a division revival, there was no way he would tip Visser off to this cure as he is dangerous enough with raw nipples.

Actual, photo of Kurczewski with his pasties on.

[Image: rw-model-bandaids-224-2000.jpg]

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

At 7'0" and 350 pounds Esa Parmborg is a large man on the ice and this obviously comes with a lot of aches and pains after games and over the course of a long season. He's still young so his body recovers reasonably quickly, but carrying so much weight around definitely plays a role on his back and knees. Parmborg gets worked on pre and post-game by the excellent training staff in Calgary, especially the small asian woman who walks on his back after games, that really has seemed to help him recover quickly. He also wears copper fit knee braces under his uniform because if it's good enough for Brett Favre it's good enough for Parmborg. Massages by the medical staff have helped him with pain relief as has drinking heavily after games. Performance Enhancing Parms (PEP's) also seem to help him recover quickly. It's a good system and he looks forward to continuing it over the next 20 or 30 seasons.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Karl's head hurts. All the time, there is no stopping it. Sometimes it is a simple dull annoyance, other times it is a full on skull splitting migraine. Karl has found a few substances help make the pain tolerable - frequent visits to @Rublic Atlas Rush's bar - Pr%f Cocktail Lounge, Whippets (the rookies have a name for this - getting high off of compressed nitrous in spray whipped cream cans), taking a special performance enhancing cocktail administered by the lead trainer, Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, and playing with puppies at the Halifax Humane Society.
Although the pain has been present for as long as Karl can remember, some medical professionals believe his pre game ritual of smashing his head against the wall to psyche out the other team has something to do with it.
Along with the drug cocktail, the medical staff also has Karl on a ice bath and oxygen routine, the cold is supposed to calm down his mind and the pure oxygen is pure bliss, hoping that they may be able to wean him off the whippets.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

I’m going back in time for this one. This is a much more interesting topic for my last player. Early in his career, Jonathan Lundberg realized that he was going to have to take care of himself if he was going to play the style of hockey he played for any length of time. He became extremely interested in diet, physical conditioning, and recovery techniques. Early on he invested in a portable hyperbaric recovery chamber that he could use at home and on the road. His body would break down over the course of the season, especially in his later years. However, he was able to limit the effect it had on him. He believes the most important factor was his diligence when it came to recovery, whether that was recovery from training or from injury. Lots of time spent in the cold tub, getting plenty of sleep every night, and utilizing hyperbaric oxygen therapy after most games. These practices have turned into lifelong habits, and have helped him stay in very good shape, even after retirement. He has open a strength and conditioning facility is Sweden. Now that his playing days are over, he doesn’t have as many injuries as he used to, but his playing style has caught up with him a bit. Most concerning of which are the headaches, which could be a sign of CTE.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: SHL_PT.png]

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Flossing hurts.

I'm not talking about my teeth.  I take good care of the teeth I have left, lots of healthy brushing and flossing thanks you very much.

I'm talking the emotional pain of seeing kids floss on the jumbotron.  When I'm sitting on the bench for most of the game, all I have to watch on the big screen is that one same dance every chance they get.  Can't they mix it up a bit?  I'm a captive audience here, I can't change the jumbotron channel, trust me I've tried.

Sometimes I watch the game instead of the jumbotron just to relieve this pain.  I mean, it's not much better on the ice, they are just doing the same back and forth that they've always done, but at least they add some variation.

The training staff tries to help me, but they mainly just tell me to focus on the game.  Like I've said, I already try that so they aren't much help.  Although, I do play a bit of cat and mouse, pretending to watch the game when they are watching me.  That keeps my mind off it for a bit, but then I look up and there it is again.

Fortnite bad

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

The biggest ache this season has not been physical for Tibuk Soonika. The pain he feels is the bruise to the ego. So far this season has showed dismally for the sophomore goal tender. While Chicago has been having a bit of a streaky season thus far Soonika has posted some mediocre numbers with a 0.904 and a 3.29 GAA (yes that was hard to write in case you were wondering). The trainers have been working on the mental side of the game but so far only a few successes. Tibuk has plans to visit a medium to determined if maybe this slumping stats, which yes are out of the norm for Soonika at this point in his career, maybe be the direct result of a poltergeist. Best case scenario the demons can be exercised and Soonika can soon return to a normal statistical standard. Until then however Soonika will just have to lick his wounds and try and get back on the horse to help his team be more competitive.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights