Create Account

Hot Potato Trophy - SMJHL S50 Sim 17
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 03:16 AM by bbjygm.)

Hot Potato Trophy - SMJHL S50 Sim 17

Tracking Spreadsheet

SMJHL S50 Game 154 - DET @ KEL

SMJHL Game 154 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Possessor: Alex Ranch @alexranch
Team: Kelowna Knights
Victim: N/A
Team: Detroit Falcons
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  1:00:00
Hot po-take-to:

As I settled into my Taterlytics reporting desk (can you believe they let me off my chain for a night?) I assumed that I would be staring at Ebenezer Virtanen's name in the Possessor column, and boy was I surprised!  The current Potato holder is none other than Alex Ranch from the Kelowna Knights, a young defender who has the third lowest hit total on his team despite playing close to sixteen minutes a game.  Are we looking at the second coming of Virtanen with an extended Potato possession?  Ranch had a rough start to this game, taking a penalty less than two minutes into the tilt.  But this did give him ample time to show off the Potato to the penalty box staff.  This can only provide positive Potato energy.  Unfortunately for Ranch and the Knights, that positive energy did not kick in this game against Detroit.  The Falcons coasted to a 3-1 win, with the Knights' lone goal coming about midway through the third period.  Look for Ranch to invest in some high grade soil to hopefully reap the rewards of the mighty Potato.

SMJHL S50 Game 158 - KEL @ STL

SMJHL Game 158 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Alex Ranch @alexranch
Team: Kelowna Knights
Victim: N/A
Team: St. Louis Scarecrows
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  1:00:00
Hot po-take-to:

Everything seems to be perfectly balanced in Potato land these days, but that isn't much solace for the Kelowna Knights and Alex Ranch.  Another 3-1 loss for the Knights and a full game of Potato possession for our guy Ranch.  This was an especially tough tilt for Ranch as he was minus 2 with only a shot block to show for his 15 minutes of ice time.  This time the Knights did score first, but that would be the last positive for the team the rest of the game.  One positive from the game is that the Knights killed off both of their penalty kills with Ranch getting a minute and twenty-three seconds of time on the kill, showing that the team counts on him and the Potato in tense moments.  So on the surface, the Potato may seem like a curse, but you have to know where to look to discover the Potato's power.  We are hopeful that the Potato will further inspire Alex Ranch moving forward.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]