Create Account

Hot Potato Trophy - SMJHL S50 Sim 18
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 03:18 AM by bbjygm.)

Hot Potato Trophy - SMJHL S50 Sim 18

Tracking Spreadsheet

SMJHL S50 Game 163 - ??? @ ???

SMJHL Game 163 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Alex Ranch @alexranch
Team: Kelowna Knights
Victim: N/A
Team: N/A (lost records)
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  1:00:00 (lost records)
Hot po-take-to:

Unfortunately for us here in the Taterlytics department we had a little bit too much to drink before the most recent Kelowna Knights game.  I actually was on site, or at least I think I was because I have a vague memory of attempting to interview Alex Ranch, and I happened to bring my flask with me.  And when I say flask, I mean that I brought an entire handle of Kraken rum.  Ranch and I definitely had a great time because I woke up on the side of a road next to the empty bottle.  I scrambled, trying to figure out where I was, but it was no use.  There were no signs anywhere telling me where I was or what had happened.  So I just went back to sleep, and luckily I woke up in a jail cell so I could eventually get home.  I finally charged my phone a bit and called Alex Ranch.  He had no recollection of the game (he isn't even sure if he played in the game) and no one on his team will discuss what happened with him.  That doesn't sound good but if we ignore it, it will probably go away.  Ranch could confirm that he woke up naked, but clutching the Potato still in the team's locker room.  So Alex Ranch's reign continues!

SMJHL S50 Game 171 - HFX @ KEL

SMJHL Game 171 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Alex Ranch @alexranch
Team: Kelowna Knights
Victim: N/A
Team: Halifax Raiders
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  1:05:00
Hot po-take-to:

Luckily for Ranch, his hangover was cured by the time he had to take the ice to play against the Halifax Raiders, looking to break the Kelowna losing streak against a rebuilding team.  But unluckily for the Knights, they would extend their losing streak with a shoot out loss.  The team did breathe a sigh of relief getting the shoot out point, and it also looks like Alex Ranch may be finally harnessing the Potato for positive gains.  While Ranch did not have any points this game, he was even in his plus minus!  Not only that, but he chipped in over 16 hard minutes of ice time for the Knights in all aspects of the game, seeing time on the penalty kill and power play.  The versatile defender registered a shot and a shot block, and looks to take his Potato game to the next level moving forward.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]