Create Account

S50 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

CC2 will obviously be invited to the CC finals as a VIP guest given his elite status as a player-- but he hates Tampa with a passion and hope they fail unless offering him a big money ticket when he hits free agency. This goes all the way back for hen they traded him and since then CC2 has cursed the organization to never win the cup and that they would regret moving him instead of paying up. This means that CC2 has a vested interest in Tampa's down fall even if they still have Blue on their team. CC2 would secretly vandalize the Barracuda arena and destroy their property, all the money lines will be linked through to Eggy so CC2 should be free of any criminal charges. He would use the Commissioner's money to buy out as many seats as he could for the Tampa home games so they would be empty.

154 Words

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

I mentioned this before but I still hope this Tampa Bay squad doesn't find any success so naturally I am rooting for the Dragons-- As sickening as that sounds. I'm not quite a fan of the Dragons since they stop New Orleans from actually winning and get in the way of my predictions. They are also what I consider a system team and one of the few teams i'd be hesitant to play for. Regardless I still hate Tampa for dumping me off to Hamilton and hope they have their hearts ripped out in a long drawn out game 7 series where they believe they have a chance to win and then lose it all.

115 Words

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

A strange question since I am perfectly fine with the current format. The wildcard match is relatively interesting and enough teams make the play offs that the lottery matters in a way. Some folks really despise the wild card matches but I don't feel that way about them. Is home ice advantage truly enough though? Currently the split is only 4/3 but perhaps we should look into bolstering it even further for the team that put in the work in the regular season. 5/2 seems pretty reasonable and i'm not saying that I hate upsets, it's just that I want to see the best product move on and maybe even turn a profit. Double elimination could be pretty interesting but lends itself to many complications due to it taking so long to sort out. People aren't exactly patient in the SHL since that is another complaint about the WC games so we should keep it as short as possible without drawing out the post-season.

166 Words

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

The best time line is quite clearly the Planet CC2 timeline. Cameron Carter II is considered the undisputed GOAT in this era and has put up multiple 100 point seasons and is the first ever player to be inducted into the HOF while still being active in the league. He is so incredible in S50 that he somehow is elected President of the United States and launches a conquest of the entire world, renaming Earth to Planet CC2 and the states as the United States of GOAT. He wins MVP, the Dar, first team all star, Razov, and Challenge Cup unanimously as everyone else is so much worse than him. Dylan and Ferda are his linemates in this alternate future and Darnless Johnson is CC2's personal water boy. Loki has been deported to whatever god forsaken place he has come from an Cuddles has been arrested by the FBI on charges of trying to obstruct CC2's greatness.

157 Words

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

Cameron Carter the II is the greatest player ever witnessed to never make it to the Challenge Cup finals, in fact he has only made the post season once in his career. Why so? The entire league is blatantly conspiring to keep him down and to make sure he can never win. He is the fastest player in the league and has explosive skating speed, jumping off the page. His shot is deadly but teams have been cheating by using new technology to track CC2s shots and feeding the information to goaltenders through an ear piece-- Or that is what CC2 claims. Satellites have been watching his every practice and CC2 believes that he no longer has privacy as the league does nothing to assist him in combating these evil doers that don't want CC2 to succeed. He has cracked the all time 100 hits leaderboard and is the player with the fewest number of games to do so-- Many believe him to be a future Hall of Famer but it would be sad to see him retire 50 seasons from now without a cup so he will remedy this ... NEXT SEASON!

192 Words

13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

Mike Izzy. Gunnar Soderberg is too young to withstand the pressure and I have always suspected them to be weak willed after Tampa had to move CC2 to make room for them. With a personality so fragile they likely won't do as well in the CC finals as they are also cursed to fail for the team tossing CC2 into Hamilton naked. Mike Izzy has been a consistent two way force and quite easily a hall of fame player. He will show up and be prepared to lead the troops, especially since he has already won before.

113 Words

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

I'll say Benjamin Blue. This is interesting since the two are close to each other in age and have both seen success-- But I personally believe Blue's short resume to be better in comparison when you look at seasons dominated. That said I have a lot of respect for Vilde but I have to pick my boy Blue since he is a positive person that support the CC2 take over.

70 Words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 03:39 AM by goldenglutes.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

In an effort to do something different this year (only because the PT Director is telling us to not re-use our answers from last year), Guy Zheng decided to show up to the finals as a spectator and not a player this season. Of course, that is the only reason why he would not show up on one of the two teams that are playing in the finals. Guy went to games 3 and 4 in Calgary instead of games 1 and 2 in Tampa, and this was largely because of an everbuilding hatred for certain Tampa players (mostly Flacko Lagerfield), although he does enjoy the company of certain other Tampa players (like Gunnar, Olivier, and Nolan). He decided to run around the Big Parm arena with a giant tray of chicken parms (all paid for by Eggy of course) and offer it to whoever was brave enough to accept food from a drunk stranger.

155 words

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

Definitely Calgary. Although I love some of the players on Tampa Bay (namely Gunnar Soderberg, Olivier Cloutier, Nolan Sawchuk), Tampa is the sworn enemy of the New England Wolfpack. On the flipside, Zheng has absolutely no beef with anyone on Calgary or the team itself, and actively roots for his past teammate in Barry Batsbak. However, if the Tampa players (other than Flacko Lagerfield) played for any team other than Tampa Bay, Guy Zheng definitely would root for them over Calgary simply because of his deep connections to many of the players, either through IIHF closeness or Knights alumni-ness. However, it is not meant to be, as in the words of the immortal Gordiebot, "F Tampa".

116 words

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

Alright here we go oh boy have I got some ideas for you guys and gals and non-binary folk. EVeryone's heard of double elimination brackets, right? Nothing too strange, nothing too exciting, but they generally make sure the best teams are given a good chance at staying in the tournament even if they mess up once. Now, if we want to really ensure that the best teams survive, we must make sure that all randomness and variations are taken care of and that underdogs have an extremely small mathematical chance to win the cup. In order to do this, I propose the do-deca elimination bracket, where instead of only having one lower bracket, we have a cascading set of 11 lower brackets! This will ensure that even the best teams can mess up a few times and still be able to advance as long as they are consistently the best team at the tournament. In a format like this, upsets really don't matter and what matters most at the end of the day is that the best overall team wins.

180 words

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

Alright hear me out here this is the reality that was supposed to happen but somehow the gods decided to be cruel and gave us this load of crap instead. It all starts at the beginning with Tampa Bay being eliminated in the wildcard round. How, you might ask, since Tampa Bay finished first in the East? Well good question, and the answer is that I reject your reality and substitute my own. Tampa Bay loses in the first round to the Toronto North Stars, and from there everything looks sort of normal except for the fact that infamous former tank commander Mikail Lokhitonov is somehow leading his team to the finals. And in the other corner, we have none other than the San Francisco Pride! How did they get there? Well the answer is simple -- through the power of friendship and Dominic Montgomery. In this alternate reality, the two titans clash in a brutal 7 game series where in the final minutes of the final game, the lights cut out halfway through the 3rd period while it's tied at 3. The lights flicker back on and none other than Mike Izzy is on the ice in his Dragons jersey, skating around like a madman and bulldozing through both teams. He steals the puck and rips at the Toronto goal so hard that it breaks through the net, ricochets back towards centre ice, threads through everyone and ends up in the back of the San Francisco net. Izzy then skates over to the bench and grabs a microphone, and declares to the whole arena that he is here from an alternate future where Calgary has won the Challenge Cup, and he has made it his duty to ensure that the same happens in all other alternate realities.

297 words

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

Honestly I think the best possible rule change would be to get rid of the too many men penalty, or at least make it so that it's only against the rules to have more than 11 skaters at a time on the ice per team. After realizing that soccer is a really fun and popular sport, the SHL decides that we should make our sport a bit more like soccer in order to draw a wider audience. Each time is allowed to field 11 players at a time, with no line changes, with the ice is widened. This completely changes the dynamics of how the game is played -- because the ice is now such a huge surface, it is no longer possible to carry a team single-handedly by skating the whole length of the ice and scoring a goal all on your own. Instead, teams must rely on teamwork and slick passing plays to pressure the opponents into making a mistake and eventually getting a few shots on net per game.

171 words

Quote:15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max

PM'd

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 09:28 PM by O4L.)

I would easily go to Calgary over Tampa Bay. My brother plays for Calgary so we would get to go out singing karaoke and partying. Unfortunately, the nightlife in Calgary totally sucks so it wouldn't be very much fun. At the end of the day, Calgary is just a classic SHL location and was the home to classic SHL players that I idolized when growing up such as Kari Barkov among others. A little known fact is that Kari Barkov won 15 straight Mike Izzy awards starting in S10 and I would love to go look at the amazing Kari Barkov award exhibit at the Calgary museum. Quite frankly, I hate when the history of the league is disrespected when it comes to relocations and GoB made a HUGE impact as a member of this league and poured his heart and soul into the Riot so when they moved I was really not a fan. Seattle was the first real-time that franchise had a home and was a great franchise for many years, so it's an easy decision not to go to the Tampa games. My main issue with relocations like this one is that if you want future generations to have respect for what you did in the league then you have to have respect for what the people before you did as well. Tampa Bay will probably move again in 10-15 seasons again when a new GM takes over and finds the location boring and unstable and looks back at how many times the team has been moved in its existence and thinks another one will be "fun" and "exciting" when all it is is a quick fix on a bigger problem.

I absolutely hate the #CalgaWe nickname and never want to hear it again but in reality, it kind of fits Calgary since I could see their CFL/NHL teams adopting something like it. Calgary is easily the best franchise in SHL history and they're managed by easily the best GM duo in league history. Quite frankly, reading some of the stuff on the site lately has and made me cheer for Calgary even harder. Calgary is the SKT of SHL and are a true dynasty at a long-term level the likes of the league has never seen before. If being as good as Calgary was so easy then everyone would just clone what they do but it's not. I prefer to watch Esa/Vlad build on their legacy vs watching random other teams win until we play them in the finals.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
I really think the SHL should adopt at adopting some of the rules that became very popular in Korea when the Smebs played in the  South Korean Hockey League, rules like these are why the SKHL is much more popular in Korea than the SHL and why the Smebs are such global superstars. I SKHL is super high scoring and the most common complaint I hear about the SHL is how low scoring and boring the games are so these rules would definitely help. The first rule called the "Extra Smeb Rule" allowed any team that had more than 3 Smebs to have an extra skater on the ice at all-times as long as that player was a Smeb. The "Honest Smeb" rule also allowed any Smeb that was penalized and claimed he didn't take a penalty to force a non Smeb teammate into the penalty box so they could stay on the ice. The third rule known as the "Smeb Option" rule allowed the Smebs to turn any PP for their team into a penalty shot which any Smeb could take.

13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

I think this series will be incredibly competitive and be super high scoring. Both teams are evenly matched and have some high scoring players playing for them so I expect players like Mike Izzy, Chico Smeb and Kristaps Ball to really take over the series and put up a high number of points.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

This is a tough one as there are lots of great names on both teams. I have to give it to my brother Chico Smeb since Smeb is the greatest last name in league history and is the only name in the league that has an official award named after it.

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

If I had to pick one of these options I'd want a chicken parm sandwich from c00kies and for Esa to bake me some cookies as well as getting feet pics from both. You need to take these old GMs out of their comfort zones to allow them to continue to grow.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
I think the easy pick here is Kate Vilde. The team was playing horrific defense in the first 3 games of the series and Vilde was probably playing worst of anyone. Vilde allowed 16 goals in the first 3 games and was playing his worst hockey of the season. In the final 4 games Vilde did a complete turnaround and played absolutely out of his mind and allowed only six goals in the final 4 games. He stopped a total of 123/129 shots in the final four games and is IMO the main reason the Dragons were able to mount the comeback.

15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
PM'd

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

S50

Championship week.

3tpe for NSFL PT
http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=230021

12 left.

Definitely rooting for Calgary mostly, and entirely in fact, for my boy Maxime Bouchard. Wait, but what about my boy Oliver Cloutier?? I guess I have got to go for team Tampa. But… Maxime..but…. Oliver!

Okay. Here is how we resolve this… goals. I am on team lots of games and lots of goals. Let's see a game seven series, coming down to the wire, where team Cloutier and team Bouchard. I want a world where my two old anchorage teamies are 1&2 on the shl razov ballots for playoff MVPs. While as a netminder it can be hard to watch goal fest's, as truly I wince at every breakaway 1v1. Good luck goalies. But best of luck to the goal scorers this season.

10 left

8. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think it is hard to look past the already decorated netminder of the Tampa barracuda, Benjamin Blue. They are one of the most consistent and all around goalies in the league. And what's more they are surrounded by one of the league's most exciting defensive cores. You only need to see the pipeline of defensive talent in Tampa and more importantly the already great defensive players there, to recognise that not only is blue a fantastically talented goalie. But that his team has put him in a position to do his job well but ensuring he is their last line of defence and not their first. Offensive players have done a lot to get into a shooting position against blue, and are under a lot of pressure to execute. It can't be easy to be them when he effortlessly gloves the puck. Blue will win another McBride.

8 left

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As defined by draft class, who is the oldest player in this series?
B. What is the name of the Calgary Dragons' Arena?
C. Name 3 previous names of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

SENT

5 left

12. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

When it comes to finals you have got to back the veteran. Mike Izzy has done it all, won a final, lost a final won individual awards, and just missed out on them. That kind of mental preparation and resilience is what gives players the edge. Gunnar is a great player who will likely be a future cup holder, but this series this season, Mike has the edge.

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?
I think blue has the edge here and not because Kata isn't a great netminder. But because of the talent on the ice between the Calgary forward core and Blue. The twice super talents of Ball and Maui, along with emerging talents like O'koviru and Evans means that that blue line is strong from top to tail.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

As I have already suggested I am looking for a high scoring series. While blue and the Tampa defense is good at stopping good chances and squashing those they have struggled to actually contain opposing offenses. And the dragons are going to be no different. Likewise the Tampa forwards are probably the most explosive unit in the league, playing with a high risk all or nothing strategy, boldly challenging teams to try and keep up.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

Maui, I love the one word name, powerful and impactful. but also as a New Zealander and lover of the Pacific island cultures, to me it homages perfectly, both the figure of shared legend across those cultures, while also confirming to the simplicity of more modern naming conventions in those communities.

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

Cookies from cookies. It's in their name right? That means they must be able to do at least a passable job. Two aspects to this choice. 1. Cookies are hard to fuck up taste wise, and when they are overcooked it is pretty obvious. 2. Should cookies have messed up making cookies. They are pretty easy to fake eat and still seem polite.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 05:12 AM by Segi.)

Code:

Clearly, every team should make the play offs to increase member engagement in the league. Also with 16 teams in the league, we have the perfect number of them to realize this. However doing this format in a series of best of seven serieses would take way too long. The other extreme, the proposed single elimination bracket however would be way too chaotic, so I propose doing this in a double elimination bracket. First off both conferences will see their 1st ranked team play a game against their 8th ranked one. The 2nd plays the 7th and so on. Winners advance to the next round and the losers now enter the elimination bracket. In both brackets, teams are reseeded so the best ranked one will always play the worst ranked one - and enjoy home ice advantage of course. Teams losing a game in the elimination bracket are out of cup contention. In the end, the winner of the elimination bracket will play the winner of the regular bracket. Since each team needs two losses to get eliminated, it is possible that we will get two finals games if the elimination bracket winner wins the first finals game.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

Clearly, Geoff Moore @Leppish would deserve to reach the Challenge Cup finals finally. He has been a very important part to the Minnesota Chiefs franchise since he has been drafted in season 42. He has played in the play offs three times and made it to the conference finals in season 46, but since then, the Chiefs look to be cursed. In his career so far, Moore has scored 55 goals and 141 assists in his seven regular seasons so far. These are joined by 7 play off goals and 21 play off assists. This brings him to a total of 217 career points, which are great numbers for a defender. Moore is also a part of the American national team and has played for them in 5 IIHF tournaments already, scoring 11 goals and 21 assists. Overall, one can say that Geoff Moore is a great player, team mate and leader and would definitely deserve to play for a cup for once.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

Mathias Seger has two points he will have to improve this upcoming season. The first one is reducing the amount of time spent in the penalty box. In the last two seasons, Seger has been penalized for 60 minutes each, that is a whole game he can not help the team and is instead putting them at a disadvantage. The other big point is to score more points. He did manage to increase his point production from 22 in season 49 to 26 in season 50, but considered that he got a lot more minutes last season, these numbers should be much higher. These two points will help the Chiefs to be more productive in season 51 and possibly bring them to playoff contention. Seger's game will be vital to the Chief's future success, so he really has to give it his all this summer and get those numbers up.

Code:
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I am pretty sure that Flacko Lagerfield of the Tampa Bay Barracuda will win at least one award in season 51. He will be in contention for the Sergei Karpotsev Trophy for points leader, the Jay McDonald Trophy for goal scoring leader and probably even the Ron Mexico and Sarmand Khan trophy for league MVP. The reasons for this assumption are simple. The Barracuda will still be able to improve for next season and Flacko Lagerfeld will still be their top forward. This means that the points will be flowing for him. And if he can lead the Barracuda to the first place in the conference, the MVP awards will certainly be on the table.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

It is really hard in a series like this to point out one single player for MVP. The whole Dragons team really pulled together and turned this series around. But I do want to point out Calgary's goalie Kata Vilde. After giving up. 16 goals in the first 3 games, Vilde held the Barracuda to 1 in the following 3(!) elimination games. This has certainly played a big part in frustrating the Tampa Bay team and not giving them that fourth win. Other candidates for MVP would have been Otis B. Driftwood, Mike Izzy or Shooter McGavin who scored the championship winning goal.

Code:
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
PM sent

16/16

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I think when it comes to hockey playoffs in real life, the fun is that it is unpredictable and sort of random. I am not entirely sure if the same ought to be true here though. Teams should be rewarded for having a lot of TPE. The best teams ought to win. I don't like playoffs in general. So I guess my first and most important rule change would be to get rid of them. Soccer style. Extend the regular season to even more games and have the team with the most points in the regular season win the championship. That would be truly revolutonary. Think about the chaos! But if playoffs should be kept, then let's just make it a lot more unpredictable. Make it 50 game series, where the better team will almost always win. I think that would be really cool. But honestly, my goal and wish would just be to eliminate playoffs altogether.

I think every team should get a 6th person on the ice but they are only allowed to wear regular shoes. Imagine how fun that would be to see. How would you use your extra offensive or defensive guy? Would he just stay in one area waiting for a long pass? Would you use him on defense as a person standing in front of the goal to block shots? Or maybe on offense to deflect shots? Imagine how suddenly that skill would be important, teams would try to find people that could walk on ice, that wouldn't fall down constnatly. Kids would practice walking on ice more. It just seems like a super fun and weird quriky idea that could really make watching hockey a lot more enjoyable too. I think it would relaly be the highlight of every game to see what that person can do. I know I would totally start watching hockey highlights just for that.

I mean I am at a point in my career where I am still improving all of my areas, but I think in general, I want to become an even more fierce goal scorer. That's the goal for this player. I want to score a lot of goals. Obviously I have managed pretty well so far, but I want to improve that further, not just the number of goals but also the efficiency. I think my shot % was still really low and if I improve that, then obviously I will also improve my overall goals scored. I think that is the goal for me when I improve further and hopefully I can score more goals in the minor league still while i am there and then when I am called up to NOLA one day, I can really show that I can be a feared and fierce goal scorer that can make a lot of goalies worry.

A. Gunnar Soderberg just sounds like a badass guy so I think he will have the bigger impact on the series. I think he will get at least three goals and four assists in this series and really make a big impact on these games and win the series for his team. He might even win MVP of the series if he plays as well as I think he will.

B. While Benjamin Blue is good, Kata Vilde is just in another league of her own. Vilde seems like one of the best goaltenders in the entire league and should be able to dominate in this series and really make a shift that is hard to beat. Blue can also be good though, it might be a low scoring series!

C. I think this series will definitely be competitive, with a close series that might even go all the way to game 7. I think the fantastic goaltenders will especially make it so that this series is low scoring and therefore every goal will matter even more. In the end, I think that it will be the stars that make this series decided.

E. I have never heard of that specific cookies company but cookies are always the answer. Bad day at work? Cookies. Celebrating a success? Cookies. Got some leftover milk? Cookies. You just have to get cookies for any situation and you will always be a happier person afterwards. Cookies make the world a better place, so go ahead and eat some cookies now!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Quote:14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Uh... I kinda didn't pay attention to it. Look, we in the San Francisco Pride went down way early, plus things, where I am living, haven't exactly been all that fun lately so it was really hard to even pay attention when you consider we weren't exactly in the run for anything. I'm sure that whoever won the Cup totally deserved it due to hard work, a lot of luck and maybe, possibly some sacrificing to the simming tool but still, hard to really know if you haven't exactly watched it. It's been hard to even fill in the 100 words requirement as is.

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

I... might be wrong but I feel like we have already done this in the past. I kind of know it because of last time I did this Championship Week thingy, I wrote that the entire McCloud family had gone for a game and bought like three of those small wooden boats with Japanese food on them that look rather fancy? I did have one in Rio once, it was for a friend's birthday. She invited me and a bunch of other school folks to go to this rather nice restaurant in downtown Rio de Janeiro but apparently most of the people from school were not really that fond of her so they kind of refused her invitation. I just went along with it because I probably have a way too good heart for this world... and because I like Japanese food quite much. I guess the McClouds would probably just do the same as last time then.

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

As I said earlier, we were down and out early, even after being the team with the most points during the regular season. I would like to note that I don't hate any of the two teams involved but, to be honest, I was not paying attention at the playoffs once I got the news that we were out. It doesn't help that I had university stuff to deal with and then the weather in Rio de Janeiro decided to be inhospitable for like two weeks and now we are having the storms that seem to be way too much into causing damage that is usually a thing on March.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 10:45 PM by Slappydoodle.)

3. There is one particular change I would like to see made regarding the playoff format, the elimination of the wild card round. When the league expanded to include New Orleans and Chicago, a decision was made to add an additional round to the playoffs, wherein the bottom two teams play each their for the right to advance into the traditional playoffs. I have never understood why anyone thought this was necessary. It lengthens the playoffs considerably, while only being at all interesting to the two teams involved. The rest of the league has to either wait to get their own playoff experience underway or worse for those that didn’t make it in, wait an entire extra week in what is already a long offseason. The idea that more than half of the teams in any league should make the playoffs is crazy to me. The postseason is something that’s supposed to be earned not just given out haphazardly. Instead we act like people will leave the site in droves if they’re not all spoon fed playoffs. It was a bad idea that we continue to perpetuate.

4. Our perception as human beings is limited. We see time as a linear path and space as a three dimensional map. Our minds simply cannot fully grasp that time and space are one thing everything is happening simultaneously. There are is not simply a multiverse, but an infinite multiverse. Everything we can conceive of is happening. Al! Possibilities are true. Therefore, through one lens, the S50 Challenge Cup finals were played between the S25 roster of the West Kendall Platoon and the S50 lineup of the Calgary Dragons. This would lead to the inevitable clash of force and will between Slappy McDoodle and Otis B. Driftwood. These two physical behemoths share many similarities in their games and their personalities. They are or at least were, both defensive monsters and pass first facilitators. The battle on the ice between them would be frightening and inspiring in equal measure. Of course, given both players rather bohemian and adventurous lifestyles, the apres game partying would probably be even more fascinating than the play on the ice.

12. Podcast - two man, four tpe
https://www79.zippyshare.com/v/ckRLT0pI/file.html

14. There is one and only one obvious choice for MVP of the Challenge Cup finals and the SHL playoffs overall. The Augment Mike Izzy led the Calgary Dragons on and off the ice in a way that very few players in the history of this league ever have or even could do for their own respective teams. Mike Izzy is the team captain, leading and motivating people to do their pts and reminding about key league dates. On the ice, Izzy is the teams best player, leading the offense through both individual scoring and also beautiful passing and playmaking. He also serves as the emotional leader for the team cajoling, sharing and ultimately caring about each and every team member. There have been few players or users in the history of this league that have meant more to their teams success and happiness than Mike “The Augmnet” Izzy. I’m just glad he plays for the Dragons and am proud to call him my teammate. @Mike Izzy

15. pm sent

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

1.Written, 3 TPE (150 words min) [3/16]

This is a hard choice for me as I have friends in both teams, Max Bouchard for the Calgary Dragons and Benjamin Blue and Olivier Cloutier for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. As much as the prospect of a home made chicken parm in Calgary sounds amazing I would have to choose Tampa Bay. Partly because it is close to my home in Miami and because the conditioning coach in West Kendall would have a heart attack if he saw me eating Chicken Parms on TV and slugging back pints. As well as this we didn’t even make the playoffs this year so I will probably be in the midst of lying on the beach and playing golf with Eko Van Otter. Hopefully a few other of my hockey friends will be invited along to game 1 in Tampa as well so we can all go out and enjoy the famous Florida night life in a city that I am not used to.

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min) [5/16]

I think the puck lies firmly in Tampas rink. While Calgary never seem to be on a downswing they haven’t had the best season and the Western Conference is without a doubt the weaker of the two. My thoughts are that if Tampa runs out a few early wins then the power of their young stars in Olivier Cloutier and Gunnar Soderberg and the next level goaltending of Benjamin Blue will be enough to carry them over the line. My personal feelings and hopes are that Tampa lifts the cup despite being our direct rivals just because they have more of my close friends on their roster.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min) [8/16]
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

After the last two seasons I don’t think that there is many people that would suggest that Rex Kirkby is not the complete defenseman. Winning the Bojo Biscuit award last season and putting himself firmly in contention again this season leading a lackluster West Kendall Platoon team by guzzling down over twenty five minutes a night. However one thing that Kirkby could probably improve upon is his discipline. Last season he spent seventy two minutes in the penalty box which is the equivalent to almost three entire games of his playing time. With the team short on star power it is imperative that Rex learns to keep his stick and hands to himself in order to maximise the amount of time he can be facing up to and shutting down the opposition’s best players. His hitting power and frequency is useful but he just needs to be more precise about how and when he hits players in order to not take as many infractions this season.

13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify. [13/16]

It’s the first time for Gunnar Soderberg so you would have to think that Mike Izzy comes into thise one with the advantage. While Soderberg has been on fire when the pressure gets turned on and especially when everything is on the line there is nothing more valuable than the experience of having been there and done that already.

While Vilde is probably the higher rated goaltender of the two I think that after the season just been it is very hard to go past Benjamin Blue due to his outstanding stats for the season. There is little doubt that Tampa probably wouldn’t have made it all the way without Blue standing on his head on the regular. The only issue I could see is that he prone to inconsistency.

My pick is for the series to go to the full seven games with Tampa just squeaking ahead. Calgary has come back from a very average season to blast their way past all contenders while Tampa has been very consistent. It will come down to whoever can steal that vital win in the opposition barn is my guess and I would pick most of the games to be cagey affairs rather than blowouts.

Rex Kirkby is from the United Kingdom and it is no secret that people from old blightly love a pint of a beer. Lucky for Rex one of the big names on both teams is Flako Lagerfield and it just so happens that Lager is a beer so really it is a match made in heaven for the big English blueliner.

There is only one real choice the discernable gentleman can make with this question. An hour long session at the stick and puck with Jepox is a prize that most people can only dream of and you would have to be an absolute idiot to pass up the opportunity. The only problem with it is that afterwards you would be so sore.

16. Casual member special [16/16]

pm sent.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 12:28 PM by Henrik.)

1. Written

If given the option between Tampa bay and Calgary, Henrik Lekberg Osterman would definitely choose Calgary. He loves the great outdoors and combining some fantastic and exciting playoffs hockey with an all expenses paid weekend AND finishing it off with an elongated stay to go up hiking? That would be a great come true for the young Swedish winger. First order of business as far as Lekberg Osterman is concerned is going out and purchasing some nice cowboy boots and a cowboy hat followed by the biggest, best, most expensive steak he can find. When in Rome, right? When it comes to food and drink in general, he would most likely splurge the first night then go a little leaner, especially cutting down on beer and maybe going for something a little fancier, like whiskey or cognac. Hell, even some champagne breakfast wouldn't be out of the question. After the conclusion of the two games he would like to take a few extra days to head up to Jasper and see Banff, maybe take a few days to go see the badlands. Get a big, nice dose of nature at her finest.

2. Written

Personally, Henrik Lekberg Osterman is routing for Calgary. He’s always had a weak spot for the province of Alberta and specifically the city of Calgary as the Dragons were his fathers favourite SHL team when he was growing up. He visited both Calgary and Edmonton as a young child and has very fond memories of both cities and he even attended his first SHL hockey game in The Big Parm, an experience that was a big turning point for a young, impressionable kid that was obsessed with the fantastic sport of hockey. Plus, everyone loves a good comeback story. Even if its a team filled with some of the biggest hockey names in recent memory.

4. Written

In dimension Schmalgamorg X5, the finals of the S50 playoffs was anything but dull. Since the annexation of the Luna colonies along with the low grav hockey league back in S44 as well as the introduction of Gegelonians in S47, the game had really developed at an incredible pace during the last decade. Some oldtimers claimed it had changed for the worse, as physicality had dropped to an all time minimum and the controversial addition of Zero Grav overtime periods made parts of the game almost unrecognizable as hockey but viewer numbers were higher than ever as the SHL was being broadcast to a dusin worlds. On top of that, this would be the first season that a Gegelonian would take part in the finals of an SHL playoff. Facing of in the finals were the Luna based Aitken Basin Rocketeers, led by Captain Scharglon Garglon of Gegelon V against the Los Angeles Panthers, led by none other than the evil twin of our own Mike Izzy, the mustachioed Mark Dizzy. Should make for a very interesting series for sure.

7. Written

Lekberg Osterman didn’t quite know what to expect when he headed into his first season in the juniors but with some guidance from his coach as well as just speaking with some of his team mates it was clear that he needed to work on his defensive play. He produced offensively but was a liability at times in his own end. In the previous offseason he worked very hard on his skating. The results were a much better full 200 feet game but arguably it came at the cost of offensive output and this lack of scoring was especially prevalent during the playoffs where Lekberg Osterman really did not at all produce. His whole season was quite streaky which is definitely something he would like to work on. This offseason he will be working much harder on the physical parts of his game as well as his passing. I think that would serve either of these teams quite well in a 4th line role. Having a defensively responsible winger with the ability to fit on the 2nd PK or PP unit is always very handy. Combine that with the hunger for success that young players bring to the game and its often a winning combination that can prove to be the difference in a best of 7 series.

13. Written

C. Going into the finals, I was definitely expecting it to be a low scoring series. Both teams have fantastic two-way forwards that are defensively responsible along with a strong D-core for both. The goaltenders Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue have been playing great in between the pipes as well, providing some of the best goaltending in the league.

E. I would definitely pick the chicken parm sandwich. One of the things I miss the most from living in a small Australian city is going to the pub on a thursday night, grabbing a VB and ordering a chicken parma while waiting for the pool table to free up. Don’t get too many places that serve chicken parma in Sweden. Bring on the fucken parma boys!

13/16 + the S50 CW for a total of 16/16. EASY TPE BOYS AND GALS

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Task 1

I’m definitely going to Tampa. I’ve been getting used to the warm weather in Texas and I’d like to keep it that way. I don’t really go out for night-life so I might just catch a football game and eat some good food. I’m a pretty boring person these days, just trying to keep my mind and body right for next season. I’m sure they have good seafood so I’ll probably do that. The Buccaneers are a wild team this year punching above their weight so I might check them out, depends who they are playing. Other than that I’ll probably just hang out in my hotel while everyone goes crazy. It’s been a long off-season and I’m just ready to play again to be honest. I’ll let the rest of the team run up a tap and go wild. That’s just not my style. I have too much to focus on right now.

Task 2

I’m definitely rooting for Tampa. Calgary are like the Patriots to me. A lot of the “rules” and punishments seem to be lighter on them and go their way, from what I hear anyway. So I would just like to see someone stick it to them. Nothing against Calgary really, nothing against any team to be honest. That’s just the vibe I get whenever I hear anything. I’m just hoping for a fun series no matter the outcome. The sooner it’s over the sooner everyone can start talking about next season. So a four game series would be just fine with me if Tampa comes out on top.

Task 3

I made a proposal many moons ago about an expanded playoff. I’d like to see it drop to eight. Each division winner automatically goes through. Then the top two from each conference as opposed to top three. No byes. Just seed the playoffs normally. It is harsher and means a longer offseason for more teams. However, I would change each series except the finals to a best of five and make it double elimination. That means each team has to lose two series to be eliminated. It would be a hell of a long tournament and might require three sims a day but why not? The current format will get old and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be tweaked even for one season. Maybe experiment with new playoff ideas in the WJC or IIHF and see what it looks like. Less risk if you mess with them first and a less chance of pissing people off, in theory.

Task 5

Easy. No more overtime. Instead we have a fight-off. Instead each team needs to select their most gifted three pugilists to face off in a best of three fight series. It’s a travesty that enforcers are not appreciated more in the league and this is one way to make sure every team has at least one good fighter. So if everything is tied after three periods, there will be at least two fights. If one team wins the first two fights, there is no need for a third. It’s simple and it’s fun and it brings back a build that no one appreciates anymore.

Injuries playing a factor would be nice so people wouldn’t ignore another stat. So much TPE to go around and there are so many studs because they put all their points in a handful of stats. More stats need to be important to diversify the league. Maybe find a way to limit injuries so the most a player can be out is ten games. So they don’t miss an entire season. Probably unpopular but the current setup is boring.

Task 7

I need to just keep doing what I’m doing. I’ll probably work on strength and a bit of endurance during the off season and work on skating. Everything still needs work. My +/- was also very bad this season so I need to work on positional drills and improve my defense. There is no shortage of holes in my game but I expect to close them up in the next two seasons. I still have quite a while before I peak but I want to make the most of it. I kind of slacked off toward the end of the season and I need to get back to work. I see big things in the next few seasons for Texas and I intend to be a part of it, not just a stop-gap while they work on drafting more studs. I’m tired of being the bridesmaid. So in short, I need to work on everything.

Task 8

Cheap answer but I don’t think anything is stopping Mika Kandinsky from setting all kind s of records and racking up every award possible. That was a ridiculous performance from a rookie and to think they will only continue to improve is a scary idea. They were all over the place in the regular season and looked poised for an upset in the playoffs but came up short. It goes without saying to keep an eye on Mika, Mika’s coming for all the records and may well set the bar impossibly high for future players. Time will tell if I’m right or wrong. Just a great time to be a player.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

2. 2 TPE
The choice is really easy for me here. As a former Tampa Bay Barracuda, I'm rooting really hard for them. I was on their roster a few seasons ago when they were beginning their rebuild. There was like 4 active members at first, but the owner JSS really did a good job to keep us involve and active. More players were add through the draft and it quickly became an active locker room. As an older player, I didn’t fit with their timeline and was traded for a 1st round pick. Probably one of those contributing right now for the Cudas. I enjoyed my time their and hoping for them to win the Challenge Cup.

6. 3 TPE
I have been around the website for quite some time now and the first name that came when reading that question is Robert Phelps of the Hamilton Steelhawks. It's almost a tragedy, one of the best TPE earner ever and no championships to show for all that dedication. Not even a single finals participation. His early days he was on a rebuilding team missing the playoffs for like 3 seasons in a row. A bit later nearing his prime and on a good team, the team choked years after years. The team decided to rebuild and he remained loyal to them. With a few more seasons left on a young team, things doesn’t look good for Phelps to capture his first Challenge Cup. At this stage, it seems he wants to retire in Hamilton and good on him. Not a lot of players stick to one team through a whole career.

7. 3 TPE
Ti-Guy is past his prime in his career and it showed up this season with probably worse season stats wise since his rookie year . Hits and block shots were alright, but as a defensive d-man he was a minus 12 and it's just unacceptable Not even 2 seasons ago there was some talk around the league he could be nominated for the Stevens trophy that goes for the best defensive defenseman in the league. But with an another regression year, this conversation is long gone. I appreciate the ice time given by the GM for my player considering the on ice results wasn’t there. Now that he's regressing even more, his cardio and discipline is taking a hit. If still given top 4 minutes, he will be a favorite for the Turd Ferguson award, something that won't please his owner. Ti-Guy wants to play an another 3 seasons so he will train hard to stay relevant but at this stage choices need to be done. There's a good chance he will become less of a hard hitter and focus to keep his defense at his maximum.

13. 5 TPE
A.
I have to go with the augment Mike Izzy. No disrespect to Gunnar Soderberg, but he won't be ask to be the best player on his team. That pressure will be on Lagerfield. Izzy is the Dragons heart and soul and a below average performance would likely result in a loss
B.
My pick for this one was rather easy, it is Benjamin Blue. He's probably the best goalie in the league right now. The guy has been carrying the Cudas like no other players in the league in the past 5 seasons. A sure Hall of Famer Who elevates his play in big moments, doesn’t a need a stack team like Tommy Tuck to perform well.
C.
It will definately be a low scoring series with two teams having great goalies. The defense on both squads might be average, but Blue and Vilde are probably the best at their position so I expect them to not allow many goals. Both teams are pretty equal on papier, I expect it to go to at least 6 games. Tampa Bay is my pick
D.
If Shooter McGavin is not the most popular answer in here, I'll be really disapointed or I'll feel old since I guess the younger members might not know who that is. Happy Gilmore is such a classic movie and seeing that name I might just watch it again once I'm done with this fucking championship week.
E.
That chicken parm thing is so cringy I'm si tired seeing it. I'm sure as a Dragon it might be funny and all but as an outside please stop with that. Cookies are better but I don't want it to become a thing like the chicken parm sandwich so no to that too. JSS smell bad so by elimination Ill take an hour with Jepox with long sticks.

15. 3 TPE
Pm'd

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Task 16
Sent

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 03:37 PM by ImShiny.)

Code:

If I had the chance to go to any game for the SHL finals. You know I’m going to game 4. I want to be able to see my childhood best friend Bernik Vrzala put in work in the finals. Of course, I’m going to be bringing other Czech nation players with me to cheer on our Czech friend. Before the game we are going to end up pregaming at some many random bars racking up fees on the drinks and just having a great time together. While at the pub anyone that can name a player on Calgary’s team can get a free drink on us of their choice. Also, while at the game I’m going to big a load of Vrzala jerseys and hand them out to anyone that wants a free jersey. I need people to represent my boy in his game today and cheer on the young defensemen.

Code:

For the finals this year I am going to root for the Calgary dragons. On the dragons, there are a few players that I’m very close to from either junior or from being friends since childhood. To begin with they have Barry Batsbak (@ Katth ) the playmaking center. Vent spent time with Batsbak while on Kelowna and the two became close. They both were so close in winning the 4-star cup and that lose drew the pair closer. The next person on the team would be Prince Devitt(@ CFJ ). Devitt was also on the knights and Vent was able to get to know the young defensemen before Vent was called p to the majors. Vent and Devitt spent a lot of time after practice just working on drills and getting their games on how they wanted it. Finally, one of the biggest reasons Vent roots for the dragons is Bernik Vrzala (@ Off ). Vrzala and Vent are childhood friends. Both are on the Czech national team and both are defensemen. While Vent plays a more two-way defensive style Vrzala plays a way more defensive heavy style. The two work well together and have very strong chemistry and bond with each other.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

In an alternative reality, the Manhattan Rage have made it to the finals against the Calgary Dragons. Bernik Vrzala versus David Vent. The childhood best friends face off against each other for the prized cup they both have grew up wanting to have. To get there Rage were able to take out Toronto, to begin with. Then they took on Tampa and were able to get by the Barracudas in 7 games in a very close series. After Tampa, the Rage would face the Steelhawks in the Eastern Conference finals. There the Rage would win in 5 thanks to stellar goaltending by the Rage goalie.  In the finals, it would be an extremely physical game between the two sides. A lot of hits with tons of fighting. Also, high scoring since both teams have explosive offenses that can outshoot any opponent if they get going. For Calgary, their road to the finals is almost like the Rages. Both teams were in the wildcards and both ended p after hard series to make it to the finals.

Code:
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really need to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

A part of Vent’s game that needs improvement would be his discipline and offensive skill. Vent has been taking a lot of penalties and needs to stop hurting his team and ending up in the box. Vent needs to be on the ice with his pairing partner Tokek Takshak(@GeckoeyGecko)and feed Takshak so he can put in work in the offensive zone. Speaking of offense Vent needs to work on his. Vent needs to make more accurate passes and to get more shots on net. Even if he isn’t scoring just shooting while there is a bunch of people in front or just shooting for rebound. Vent just needs to try his luck and maybe it bounces in or lands on the stick of a Rage forward who is able to shoot the puck into the net. Vent needs to be able to contribute on both defense and offense to give his team as much as he can to help them win important games.

Code:

Getting my vote for the playoff would be Calgary Dragon legend Mike Izzy. The man just went straight off in the playoffs. Notching 32 points in only 20 games! The guy was literally on fire with scoring and getting scoring chances for his team. He put the team on his back and lead them to the cup. Also, Izzy wasn’t afraid to lay the body when he needed to. Getting 68 hits and only getting 28 penalty minutes is a very impressive stat line in my book.  Without Izzy I don’t think the dragons had a chance making it as far as they did and also winning the cup at that.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Done

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Code:
I think I would go to Calgary because it is always great to have fun in Canada. The people are nice so I think that they would have a good space in the arena and just would really vibe well with me since I'm a chill dude. While I'm there I plan to go around sightseeing and visiting all the local fun stuff, maybe go see a movie or something. Eggy is paying for it so I might as well just do entertaining stuff all day right? And at the arena, well that means during the game it's time for an all-you-can-eat ice cream raid. I will get ice cream every intermission, perhaps more, because why not? It's the offseason so I don't have to worry about fitness anyways til next year. And I think I wouldn't just get ice cream, I'd need a main dinner meal, so I would get some hot dogs, burgers, or pizza, maybe all of the above. I want to go into a food coma.
Code:
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?
I would like to see the league have a stricter policy on hits to the head as well as boarding. It's very dangerous to the players do there should be a department of player safety that issues fines and suspensions for dangerous hits. I like physicality but it is so clear when a guy is clearly just trying to injure someone else. Repeat offenders particularly need to be dealt with strictly and face severe consequences. That stuff can ruin careers, we need precautions. Also diving needs to be punished harsher, many players especially star players go down so easily. Call the embellishment for once, this is hockey not soccer. They shouldn't be trying to sell a penalty, this sport is all about being tough and that behavior is not in line with that at all. But other than that refs should just let the players play and keep their whistles in their pockets more, they interfere too much at the worst moments.
Code:
As a young player who is trying to show the New England Wolfpack that I'm ready for the next level, what I need to bring to the game is speed on the ice. So that means I need to work on my skating, I need to be faster. My first step needs to be good, my strides need to be smooth, and I need to accelerate to my top speed as quickly as possible. If I put this together it will help the team to jump up on the rush faster as well as prepare me to keep up with the big guys in the big leagues when I get called up. It will also help me to track down loose pucks for the team and to win foot races. It just helps a lot with gaining and maintaining possession so that's definitely something that I want to improve as soon and as much as possible. I will be working with a coach in the offseason to get to the point I want to be at and that is a huge step forward.
Code:
I would bet on forward Mike Izzy from the Calgary Dragons to continue taking home awards because he has been doing it for a long time. I could see him getting the Jeff Dar because it seems like he really is the best two-way player. He hits and he scores goals, an absolute machine who never seems to age. I don't think he will decline even with regression so he still definitely has the potential to take home more hardware before his career is up. Also he is a top player for Calgary so he will continue to get great minutes and that opportunity should keep leading to solid numbers.
Code:
Mike Izzy was the MVP he led the league in points for the playoffs all the way through and really made a difference for his team. When he was on the ice, he got the big goals and made the big plays. Even just his veteran presence helped give confidence to his teammates and he provided leadership and mentorship in the locker room. He practically scored at a goal per game though, that was the crazy part, and that's why he was a big hero. Goalies just couldn't stop him and he proved he's still got what it takes to be a star; a wicked shot and a nose for the net.

[Image: danglechek.png]