Create Account

S50 WJC: Opening ceremony
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 11:24 AM by puolivalmiste.)

At Helsingin Jäähalli, four hours before first games of Season 50 WJC are played.

There is free entry to let people into arena so they can learn more about the rich history it stores within its walls. Or as most fans they seem to be looking to find some players that are there to attend a opening ceremony and maybe take a selfie with them or get their jersey signed.

There are some pre-teen juniors playing at one end of the rink while people find their way to seats. On the other end there is a small platform and by it there are several seats, most of them still empty. Bit later junior players are guided to bench while most of the seats are getting filled.

Lights are dimmed and spotlight directed to platform. A man in a suit rises up from his seat as announcer starts to speak.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome Head of Finnish Hockey Federation, Kari Kekkonen.

He walks up to stand looking bit unstable and starts to speak.

Viljami: Welcome to Finland. I'm Viljami Leppänen, General Manager of Team Finland during this World Junior Championship and I just arrived from Head Office to inform you that Kari was not able to join us here today as he is still at meeting, very important meeting, trying to figure out how we could play so well at IIHF, yet finish last. But it just happens to be so that I have a speech ready for you.

Another man rises up from his seat but as Viljami notices him and he turns around.

Viljami: Saatanan Jutila, nyt se perse takasin penkkiin, minä ehdin tähän enshin.

Moment of silence before man sits back down down.

Viljami: As I was saying, Welcome to Finland everyone, it is great honor to get to host season 50 World  Championship, ones that might be remembered as an end of an era. Game is evolving so fast, it was not long ago when we thought that learning how to pass would be good for your team.

As we get to watch these young talented players compete at rink we can experience how we got to this point as within both venues we have gathered a notable collection of memorabilia. For example here at Helsinki we have full gear of Esa Anrikkanen from season 30 IIHF where Finland won its first gold.

He reads his papers for a moment and throws them over his shoulder.

Viljami: Yeah, not going to read this, so postion for intern is now open at Finnish Head office.

Im just going to tell all you foreingers that you wasted your money coming here, we are going to beat your teams so bad that you wish you stayed at home.

Just look how some of our young players did at IIHF, like Kaarlo Kekkonen, how many of you can say the same. Or how only after 2 seasons at SMJHL Björn had 5 points in 12 games while someone like IIHF rookie Jax Duggan had only 1 point during round robin and he has already been playing at SHL for 2 seasons.

Finland, I say more like Winland, Saatana.

And what are those other General Managers, never seen bunch of so untalented fuckers, this is going to be so --

Two man crab Viljami away from the mic and as he gets dragged off the ice his loud "Suomi!" yells echo inside the arena. Jutila takes mic for a moment.

Raimo: This was not official statement by Finnish Head Office, I apologise to anyone offended by these words, I promise there will be consequences. We'll get this sorted before matches start. So let the band play or something. Thank you.

Rest of the people leave the ice while the band starts to play the theme for the games that also takes some inspiration from the past.

More info about S50 WJC

(Over 600 words)

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Finland SUOMI Finland

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 09:33 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Switzerland Austria

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I'm here for the shade thrown at @SecondSucks22

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I only had one point because i put others in a situation to succeed, like a true leader does!

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]