Create Account

Rework or remove PBP

The concept of PBP's are fantastic, however, the execution gets a fat F. A good chunk of the fun in the finals is being able to get excited with your team and go through the ups and downs. These last SMJHL playoffs we had all the games simmed before I think the 3rd PBP was even out. It completely ruins the dynamic and also disables teams from being able to work together on potential line ideas to counter the opposing team's strategies.

Also, the majority of the PBP's suck because people only do it for the large TPE and put little to no effort into them.

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page

Another day another complaint about pbps, as much as I hate them I doubt anything will ever change about them.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

I second this. For different reasons though. It's unfair to have such substantial TPE contingent on a lottery process. It's a literal roll of the dice.

There's lots of things we could do to replace it. Add a few extra TPE to CW, add a few more predictions, make an offseason PT for uncapped, there's plenty of ideas.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

11-20-2019, 03:49 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: Another day another complaint about pbps, as much as I hate them I doubt anything will ever change about them.

Let's riot until they remove them.

Raptors Canada pride

11-20-2019, 03:50 PMStamkosFan Wrote: I second this. For different reasons though. It's unfair to have such substantial TPE contingent on a lottery process. It's a literal roll of the dice.

There's lots of things we could do to replace it. Add a few extra TPE to CW, add a few more predictions, make an offseason PT for uncapped, there's plenty of ideas.

The lottery aspect is also a huge reason I disliked it from the start, well before the issues I mentioned above became obvious.

Raptors Canada pride

11-20-2019, 03:50 PMNONAME Wrote:
11-20-2019, 03:49 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: Another day another complaint about pbps, as much as I hate them I doubt anything will ever change about them.

Let's riot until they remove them.

[Image: giphy.gif]
lets do it brother

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

AGREED

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

11-20-2019, 03:51 PMNONAME Wrote:
11-20-2019, 03:50 PMStamkosFan Wrote: I second this. For different reasons though. It's unfair to have such substantial TPE contingent on a lottery process. It's a literal roll of the dice.

The lottery aspect is also a huge reason I disliked it from the start, well before the issues I mentioned above became obvious.

They used to be literal first come first serve on signup and it was a madhouse sometimes for people to get one and the same people who could be on at the time always got it so we switched to a lotto so that everyone who wanted a shot at them would at least be given a small chance to get one. PbPs are inherently just terrible anyways and when I was in HO a few of us pushed for them to be removed completely but there are some users on the site who love them so we tried to make it better. The problem is the whole system sucks from the beginning and it's like trying to polish a turd, it's still shit in the end.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Why remove it though? If you don't like the PBP's, don't read them. Wait for the result to be posted. I know personally, watching my team go up 3-0 in the finals and then lose it after through 7 play by plays was the most fun, team bonding experience I've ever had and I lost lmao. Play by plays are an opportunity for people to discuss an individual game and it enhances the user experience tremendously. On the note of the lottery and random TPE, it kinda just sucks to draw the short end of the stick. I've gotten 3 play by plays in my 25 seasons in the league, and that's totally chill with me. If you're concerned other people are earning 8 more TPE than you on a random happenstance, suggest ways for users to earn equivalent TPE by engagement in a PBP thread, similar to how PGS operates. In the same regard, we don't see people complain when they get lucky and snag a PBP. It's chance, that's the single most fair way to award them.

Take it with a grain of salt, not trying to beef anyone out but defending a part of the site I find really cool and engaging.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

11-20-2019, 04:25 PMNoble Wrote: Why remove it though? If you don't like the PBP's, don't read them. Wait for the result to be posted. I know personally, watching my team go up 3-0 in the finals and then lose it after through 7 play by plays was the most fun, team bonding experience I've ever had and I lost lmao. Play by plays are an opportunity for people to discuss an individual game and it enhances the user experience tremendously. On the note of the lottery and random TPE, it kinda just sucks to draw the short end of the stick. I've gotten 3 play by plays in my 25 seasons in the league, and that's totally chill with me. If you're concerned other people are earning 8 more TPE than you on a random happenstance, suggest ways for users to earn equivalent TPE by engagement in a PBP thread, similar to how PGS operates. In the same regard, we don't see people complain when they get lucky and snag a PBP. It's chance, that's the single most fair way to award them.

Take it with a grain of salt, not trying to beef anyone out but defending a part of the site I find really cool and engaging.
Just cause you mentioned PGS. As the Post Game Show head, I would be totally ok with having PGS be available to a lesser degree to everyone not just rookies Smile The 8 TPE could be gotten through that

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Could add stuff to do during off season to have PGS for IIHF and WJC for max of 8tpe

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

11-20-2019, 03:46 PMNONAME Wrote: These last SMJHL playoffs we had all the games simmed before I think the 3rd PBP was even out.

big part of that is directly someone's fault but i'm gonna stay quiet

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

11-20-2019, 04:25 PMNoble Wrote: Why remove it though? If you don't like the PBP's, don't read them. Wait for the result to be posted. I know personally, watching my team go up 3-0 in the finals and then lose it after through 7 play by plays was the most fun, team bonding experience I've ever had and I lost lmao. Play by plays are an opportunity for people to discuss an individual game and it enhances the user experience tremendously. On the note of the lottery and random TPE, it kinda just sucks to draw the short end of the stick. I've gotten 3 play by plays in my 25 seasons in the league, and that's totally chill with me. If you're concerned other people are earning 8 more TPE than you on a random happenstance, suggest ways for users to earn equivalent TPE by engagement in a PBP thread, similar to how PGS operates. In the same regard, we don't see people complain when they get lucky and snag a PBP. It's chance, that's the single most fair way to award them.

That's the thing though, when PBP's are done correctly they could be an enjoyable thing for the league but the current state it isn't. I couldn't read PBP's with my team to get hyped up, I already knew the outcomes of every game. The whole point of PBP is lost to GM's/Co-GM's which trickles down to the entire team.

Like I first said, the concept is awesome and I definitely see how/why it can be an exciting feature, however, the current state of it doesn't work.

Raptors Canada pride

The 7 SHL games were really good this year.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-20-2019, 04:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote:

Just cause you mentioned PGS. As the Post Game Show head, I would be totally ok with having PGS be available to a lesser degree to everyone not just rookies Smile The 8 TPE could be gotten through that

yes i like this, not lottery process and pay people big bucks to do PBP if people want them ....

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]